geekhack Marketplace > Matias

Matias Ergo Pro vertical on its own

(1/3) > >>

chx:
This is an ongoing project to get rid of my tripods and simply stand the keyboard halves on their edges. Supported by what? Each other, of course! Today I bought

* Manfrotto 259B Extension pole 6"-10".
* 1/4" Male to 3/8" Male Threaded Screw Converter Adapter. Edit: I bought a five pack from "Foto&Tech", these are the right size.
* On-Stage MA-125 1/4-Inch Male to 3/8-Inch Female. Edit: do NOT buy this, the Amazon page is misleading this is an 5/8 to 1/4 adapter. Since I have a quick release plate in the mail I will just wait for that.
* Shepherd Hardware 9973 3/4-Inch Surface Grip Adhesive Foam Non Slip Pads, 12-Pack. Edit: these are nice, however the keyboard has a slight curve so you need two of these on top of each other to form legs so altogether you will use 8 of them.
Edit: the setup in 2018 is now real simple, a male 1/4-20  to 3/8 male, the Manfrotto 259B, a Triopo Short Column I got for cheap on eBay, and finally a female 3/8 to male 1/4 converter screw. I am using item 182856890073 from eBay for pads, the round, 48 works well and costs nothing. Note the rightmost  screw tends to get stuck hard but a small plastic strap wrench makes short work of it.

chx:
Yes this works! The whole contraption:

A Smallrig micro rod on the left side, there's a 1/4"-20 Male- 1/4"-20 Male screw there and a 1/4"-20 Male to 3/8"-16 Male as well

The Vktech (Manfrotto knock off) quick release plate I've gotten on the right hand side, it came with a 3/8 M-1/4 F converter  screwed into the base plate, this I have took out so now it serves as a 3/8"-16 Female to 1/4"-20 Male converter as well.

Matias:
Very cool!

Since the side edges are curved, any problems with it rocking back-and-forward?

chx:
See the opening post: that has been taken care of. I didn't realize the curve but I do know my desk is shiny and slick so I grabbed some pads to grip and then realized they are rocking so I stacked two for legs. These are absolutely essential, the Gorillapod I used for one half was sliding around which was quite annoying. These pads are an important reason why this thing stays put.

Your poor keyboard :)

Matias:

--- Quote from: chx on Tue, 08 March 2016, 18:09:54 ---See the opening post: that has been taken care of. I didn't realize the curve but I do know my desk is shiny and slick so I grabbed some pads to grip and then realized they are rocking so I stacked two for legs. These are absolutely essential, the Gorillapod I used for one half was sliding around which was quite annoying. These pads are an important reason why this thing stays put.

--- End quote ---

Oh ok, great, the picture explains it.   :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version