Author Topic: What does Massdrop do with SP child sets that don't drop  (Read 44534 times)

Offline My_Thoughts

What does Massdrop do with SP child sets that don't drop
« on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 05:41:04 »
Hi

I'm not going to be online much over December and Dancer/Dasher seems to be up for December.   I will be ordering an ISO setup but what happens in the ISO child set does not drop?  For Royal Navy DSA the Euro pack did not meet the MoQ but there was an  option to pay a little more for them to be made.  Does Massdrop do this?

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Re: What does Massdrop do with SP child sets that don't drop
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 06:15:21 »
If MOQ is not met the set isn't produced. This is due to production costs and the price per unit not being a feasible price with lower quantities.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 06:55:17 »
Hi

I'm not going to be online much over December and Dancer/Dasher seems to be up for December.   I will be ordering an ISO setup but what happens in the ISO child set does not drop?  For Royal Navy DSA the Euro pack did not meet the MoQ but there was an  option to pay a little more for them to be made.  Does Massdrop do this?

not sure... when SP did the GBs themselves, you had the option to pay a bit extra too...

with the latest GMK Carbon extra kits GB on MD, if the orders were less than 25pieces under MoQ, they bought the remaining sets to make it happen, so I don't know if that trend will continue from now on or not

Offline zslane

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 12:21:36 »
An MOQ of 25 is usually pretty easy to meet on MassDrop these days, even for the more fringe kits like ISO and NORDE. And they only need to get close. 18-20 orders is usually enough to meet MOQ because MassDrop buys up extra sets to cover customer support needs (missing keys, broken keys, mistakes in sorting, etc.).

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 12:45:18 »
Thanks everyone :)