geekhack Marketplace > KeyClack

[GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE

<< < (2/121) > >>

colbs:
Hi all,

I ordered the base and ergodox kit last night, but the keyclack website did not send me to paypal to authorize the payment.  When I ordered GMK oblivion from keyclack, I was sent to the paypal site while placing my order to pre-authorize the charges.  Did I do something wrong on the Solarized order?  Or should I just expect to need to authorize the paypal charges once the GB is done?  Just a bit confused as the payment process seems to be different between oblivion and solarized.

Thanks for any help

Oblotzky:

--- Quote from: Auk on Wed, 21 June 2017, 05:26:08 ---What happened to the text only modifiers? (like the ones in Oblivion)

Were they rejected by the designer's preference or is there a wider, community preference for GMK's standard legends?

I'm not such a fan of the standard GMK text+icon, I much prefer the text only or icons only when there is something like Cyrillic. Perhaps I am in the minority?

--- End quote ---

I don't remember them ever being brought up in the IC, were they? IMO it depends on the set if they are appropriate or not, and also the designers choice. I did a poll nontheless and it came out at 60% for text only IIRC, but it might come out different for other designs.

--- Quote from: colbs on Wed, 21 June 2017, 07:16:45 ---Hi all,

I ordered the base and ergodox kit last night, but the keyclack website did not send me to paypal to authorize the payment.  When I ordered GMK oblivion from keyclack, I was sent to the paypal site while placing my order to pre-authorize the charges.  Did I do something wrong on the Solarized order?  Or should I just expect to need to authorize the paypal charges once the GB is done?  Just a bit confused as the payment process seems to be different between oblivion and solarized.

Thanks for any help

--- End quote ---

I believe you authorized PayPal in connection to your KeyClack account of sorts. I changed (canceled and reordered) my order for the SKOG TKL like 5 times, couldn't decide on colors, and I was never asked to authorize again after the initial order.

clickityClackity:

--- Quote from: colbs on Wed, 21 June 2017, 07:16:45 ---Hi all,

Thanks for any help

--- End quote ---
I ordered just fine last night and was taken to PayPal... I believe keyclack allows you to pay by CC,  maybe that's what happened? @😂@

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-670N using Tapatalk

thesiscamper:

--- Quote from: Eturior on Wed, 21 June 2017, 02:55:27 ---Do the asian and european proxies have separate MOQ's or are they all in the same Keyclack MOQ?

--- End quote ---

I'm not privy to the exact agreements between them, but as I understand it the proxies' orders will be added to the total in the end, and all of them will be counted as one order so even if one proxy has eg. 30 orders and the other two combine for 220, that means MOQ is reached.

--- Quote from: Eturior on Wed, 21 June 2017, 02:55:27 ---Also, will the main Keyclack group buy page order quantities be updated with orders through proxies?

--- End quote ---

If I remember correctly they will all be added together in the end, but we'll be giving updates to the community while the group buy is active.

--- Quote from: Auk on Wed, 21 June 2017, 05:26:08 ---What happened to the text only modifiers? (like the ones in Oblivion)

Were they rejected by the designer's preference or is there a wider, community preference for GMK's standard legends?

I'm not such a fan of the standard GMK text+icon, I much prefer the text only or icons only when there is something like Cyrillic. Perhaps I am in the minority?

--- End quote ---

The three of us have discussed this and agreed to use icon+text mods.

colbs:

--- Quote from: Oblotzky on Wed, 21 June 2017, 08:27:54 ---I believe you authorized PayPal in connection to your KeyClack account of sorts. I changed (canceled and reordered) my order for the SKOG TKL like 5 times, couldn't decide on colors, and I was never asked to authorize again after the initial order.

--- End quote ---

I looked into it some more, and you are right.  When you pay for something at Keyclack with paypal for the first time, you need to pre-authorize the purchase.  When you do so, there is a text blurb saying something along the lines of "Use bank account XXXX for all future keyclack purchases."  Since I had already done that with oblivion, I don't need to do it with solarized dark.  Not sure if paypal will ask me to authorize the transaction or not once the GB is done, but at least it looks like the order went through correctly.

Thanks for your help Oblotzky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version