Author Topic: Hello hello  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Heliobb

Hello hello
« on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 03:56:12 »
Hi there

Came to mechanical keyboards with /r/mechanicalkeyboards. For the moment simply using a ducky zero with brown but preparing to setup a novatouch tkl with nice keycaps that's why I'm here.

Love the forum, see you soon

Helio
Novatouch TKL - Leopold FC660C - PBT my life.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello hello
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:05:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Going from MX browns to Novatouch will be a bit of a change :p

Any idea which keycaps you'd like to put on it?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 15:57:59 »
Will love to put a pbt keyset. Don't know wich one.

I'm planing to build an ergodox too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 00:35:08 »
PBT are nice - if you don't mind the texture.  Many (maybe most) PBT sets have a nice texture on them, compared to ABS that is usually smoother.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 08:25:39 »
Essentialy I hate "sticky" keycaps. On my ducky zero I really don't like the original keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 05:52:52 »
Essentialy I hate "sticky" keycaps. On my ducky zero I really don't like the original keycaps.

Ducky keycaps are generally ABS, and fairly smooth at that, which does add to the apparent feeling of stickiness.

PBT is generally lightly textured, and feels like really, really fine sandpaper.  Not sticky at all.

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 10:53:41 »
Thanks for the feedback. Getting my TKL and PBT keycaps this week.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 01:27:22 »
Thanks for the feedback. Getting my TKL and PBT keycaps this week.

Feel free to post back and let us know what you think of them :)

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:06:42 »
Here is a gallery

http://imgur.com/a/uSMdV

The keys I've grabbed are little bit high, doesn't know the profile. Feel really confortable with the pbt. Topre switches are really nice. I've setup the orings for the noise it's ok. I simply need something for my wirsts because is hight.

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 09:39:01 »
Also orings on CarriageReturn are not the best. Key jump out twice a day. Have to remove it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 05:48:16 »
Is that the Novatouch?  Without a few specific visual clues it's kinda difficult to tell one black TKL keyboard from another :))

If it is the Novatouch, I'm not sure that O-rings would have much effect, as the whole slider moves up and down.  On MX switches the O-rings cushion the underneath of the keycaps as they hit the top of the switch on the way down.

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 05:07:53 »
Yes it's a novatouch. Orings change a little bit the sound it's better.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:43:40 »
Yes it's a novatouch. Orings change a little bit the sound it's better.

And O-rings actually work on the Novatouch?

I would have thought they'd just hit the slider, as it has that ring around it, in contradistinction to MX switches where the O-ring doesn't hit the switch until the switch is depressed.

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 05:56:33 »
Yes it's work. Will make a video if you want. "down" key have sometimes problems (jump out) but it's the only one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 05:35:45 »
Yes it's work. Will make a video if you want. "down" key have sometimes problems (jump out) but it's the only one.

That's ok, I believe you :)

I just thought that as the whole slider moves down there is nothing for the O-ring to cushion against.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:08:36 »
hey, you're missing the only topre board that matters.

HHKB!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 05:32:06 »
hey, you're missing the only topre board that matters.

HHKB!

HHKB don't need no O-rings!