Author Topic: [GB] Round 1: CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit (CLOSED)  (Read 235249 times)

Offline tanvir175

Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB Open)
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 17:19:22 »
Blue doesn't look as good as I hoped it would. People who want to put GMK Laser on this puppy - Are you going with Purple or Grey for the case colour? I'm leaning towards Grey since it's a more versatile colour.

The render of GMK Laser with the Grey from Devkey in Gray looks the best. I would have originally gone for Purple but the Gray looks better.

I chose Dark Red though because I'll be using GMK Laser on the Sentraq S65-X

Offline Harms

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 18:48:50 »
What are the dimensions of the board?

Tried to find them, but can't.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 18:57:55 »

dimensions are often kept secret to prevent people from stealing the designs
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Harms

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 19:05:51 »

dimensions are often kept secret to prevent people from stealing the designs
Cool that's interesting, thank you.

Offline Devkey

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 20:54:17 »
Blue doesn't look as good as I hoped it would. People who want to put GMK Laser on this puppy - Are you going with Purple or Grey for the case colour? I'm leaning towards Grey since it's a more versatile colour.

I'm thinking about gray but I have a gray clueboard and a gray norbaforce coming...feel like I need to branch out to another color

Offline Harms

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:13:54 »

I'm thinking about gray but I have a gray clueboard and a gray norbaforce coming...feel like I need to branch out to another color

Thats how I feel. Like silver, grey, and black go with any keyset colors.

But then your like I already have all my boards these colors :p.

Must change.... :p

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:34:23 »
 :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2020, 16:05:06 by Unforgivable »

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:37:46 »
Guys, we are now facing some paypal issues.

Since we are using a new account and Paypal official thinks there are some risks of the big money flow of this GB going.

So this is what we are going to do:
  • refund all payments first.
  • keep all orders on the order list.
  • find a new way as soon as possible for transactions.
We apologize about this thing happened, and also appreciating to the supporting of you guys. ;D

Now me and Yock will be focusing on sorting this thing out.

Sorry for not replying any PM until we can make it back to normal.

Thanks.  :thumb:

Update: We already sent mails to people who's on the order list. Please check it. :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 January 2018, 22:54:10 by PlayKeyboardTW »

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:48:58 »

Since we are using a new account and Paypal official thinks there are some risks of the big money flow of this GB going.

We apologize about this thing happened, and also appreciating to the supporting of you guys. ;D

Hope you can sort it out soon!

Paypal better not think they're getting the way of me getting this CA66

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 04:17:46 »

Update: We already sent mails to people who's on the order list. Please check it. :D

I’m sure you will find a solution :) ! A website is a good idea.

I have just one comment: I have checked my paypal and indeed there is a « refund » for the transaction. I know from experience that the refund can take up to two weeks to effectively appears on my bank account. As the original payment was already withdrawn from my bank account, I hope it is possible to wait to get the refund on my account before making a new paiement :) ! Thanks

Offline sanryu

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 05:07:17 »
Are there any typing videos going around for this board?

I searched on youtube and found this:

:)
uhm.... this is my video.
switches are gray.(like cherry clear, brown)

Offline King4477

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 08:36:33 »

I’m sure you will find a solution :) ! A website is a good idea.

I have just one comment: I have checked my paypal and indeed there is a « refund » for the transaction. I know from experience that the refund can take up to two weeks to effectively appears on my bank account. As the original payment was already withdrawn from my bank account, I hope it is possible to wait to get the refund on my account before making a new paiement :) ! Thanks

Agree that a website is a great idea—really interested so see what future designs you come up with.

Thanks also for the quick notice of the PayPal issues, I see that my account has been refunded already, too. I hope to give that money back to you soon!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB open)
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 08:50:03 »
That always happens with PayPal now. With new accounts or accounts that haven't seen large influxes before, you need to set it up with them beforehand so funds don't get frozen.  Maybe start a shopify website or something
keyboards.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:06:53 »
This may go without saying, but it would probably be a good idea to still use PayPal (if only through a website now) given all the buyers protection that are all but necessary for group buys.

Offline ns90

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:45:12 »
Yeah I'd like to join this (most likely towards the end in February), but I'm only going to be joining Paypal is still an option, whether it's through an invoice, or an payment option on said website.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:47:06 »
Got the refund notification through. Sad times. Hope you get the payment profile sorted as I don’t want to miss out on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 10:47:53 »
Would it delay the time period of the GB?

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 10:57:02 »
Not sure when the GB is scheduled for Black Lotus, but it is another purple set that might go nicely with that purple case...bc imo laser and taro both look good with that purple case

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 13:10:29 »
Good luck with getting the paypal issues sorted out, very excited about this board  :thumb:

Offline child

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 13:57:55 »

I initially considered purple, but I realized I don't really like this case colour, I just was under the impression it will be a good match because it's similar to the keycaps.

My second choice was grey (as I agree it's very versatile), but I already own a grey Norbatouch, so I don't want a very similar case now.

Now I'm trying to pick between red and blue. Red seems a better match than blue, but I generally like blue colour more. To make things more complicated I have more keysets that I will probably use with this keyboard in the future (like MT3 /dev/tty and Dasher SA).

So far I still haven't decided yet.

Offline Harms

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 15:49:50 »

I initially considered purple, but I realized I don't really like this case colour, I just was under the impression it will be a good match because it's similar to the keycaps.

My second choice was grey (as I agree it's very versatile), but I already own a grey Norbatouch, so I don't want a very similar case now.

Now I'm trying to pick between red and blue. Red seems a better match than blue, but I generally like blue colour more. To make things more complicated I have more keysets that I will probably use with this keyboard in the future (like MT3 /dev/tty and Dasher SA).

So far I still haven't decided yet.

In my opinion, I think that the Dark Red would go with more key sets than the blue.

Yes the blue would obviously go better with blue Mods dev tty and Dasher.

However, they would not look terrible on the Dark Red. The Dark Red would be able to go with more keysets overall.

I also the find the Dark Red more of a Burgundy color, which is nice.

Offline child

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:11:28 »
I think I couldn't agree more (other than I have CMY and beige mods for /dev/tty, so they probably fit red case a bit better). I would not go with a "plain" red, but burgundy is bearable. Also, in my opinion that the only colour that goes well with default logo.

I know I did not sound too excited so far, but other than the color choice it seems like almost perfect keyboard for me - 66, split space, angle, height... everything seems very nice. So it's probably time to go with red and join the hype :)

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:18:35 »
 :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2020, 16:05:38 by Unforgivable »

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 21:34:32 »
So should I wait to fill out the form? :(

You should still fill it out. You just won't be invoiced until things have been sorted out,

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 04:42:20 »
Hi guys, we are going to resend paypal invoices from the first order. :D

Please check your emails and order list to see if you get your new invoice yet. :thumb:

Offline ctrl

Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB open, invoice resend.)
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 04:59:14 »
Joined the drop. Feels fantastic. I've been looking forward to this so much. The Dark Red option and brass plate made it even more desireable. Can't wait to have it in my hands. :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 06:19:50 »
Got my refund but not 2nd invoice

Offline plugable

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 07:36:01 »
Got my refund but not 2nd invoice

Same.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 08:22:49 »
Received the new invoice! Glad to see the deadline is 15th of February, I am still waiting for the refund of the first invoice (still in « waiting » on paypal )

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 08:53:23 »
Received the new invoice! Glad to see the deadline is 15th of February, I am still waiting for the refund of the first invoice (still in « waiting » on paypal )

Glad that the invoice deadline is the 15th.

Paypal has refunded me but it doesn't show up in my balance yet. I think it will be like this until the next statement, which will be February 6th or 7th, as far as I know.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 08:56:16 »
Received the new invoice! Glad to see the deadline is 15th of February, I am still waiting for the refund of the first invoice (still in « waiting » on paypal )

Paypal has refunded me but it doesn't show up in my balance yet. I think it will be like this until the next statement, which will be February 6th or 7th, as far as I know.

What do you mean by "next statement"? From experience on other paypal issue, the refund take in general between 7 to 10 days to arrive on your bank account. So I think they will arrived next week (hopefully.. I don't really have enough cash to put upfront before the refund of the first invoice :( !)

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:03:31 »

What do you mean by "next statement"? From experience on other paypal issue, the refund take in general between 7 to 10 days to arrive on your bank account. So I think they will arrived next week (hopefully.. I don't really have enough cash to put upfront before the refund of the first invoice :( !)

Oh sorry, I used Paypal Credit to pay for this so I have statements like any other credit card. Normally, I get my refunds shown immediately if I pay through my Paypal balance so I assumed it would be similar for Paypal Credit. I get a new credit statement every 6th or 7th so that will be the latest I should have to wait to receive the refund, hopefully. I don't have the extra money to put on this without the refund either lol.

Offline TestostoBoost

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:13:57 »
I received my new invoice but it is for more than the previous invoice. Did pricing change on something?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:15:54 »
I received my new invoice but it is for more than the previous invoice. Did pricing change on something?
Same here, from few dollars.. The paypal fees are still 4,4% but represent a higher amount, strange

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 11:29:32 »

Please check your emails and order list to see if you get your new invoice yet. :thumb:

Hi, I still have the previous invoice you sent before. I haven't paid that. Is it the same paypal account or do I have to wait for a new invoice?

Offline TestostoBoost

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 12:24:07 »
Same here, from few dollars.. The paypal fees are still 4,4% but represent a higher amount, strange

Mine is the same way. Just a few dollars higher. Though it is not much, I would like to know where this difference is coming from prior to paying the invoice.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 13:08:30 »

Hi, I still have the previous invoice you sent before. I haven't paid that. Is it the same paypal account or do I have to wait for a new invoice?

Same question here

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:50:13 »
I have not received it yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 15:20:36 »
From my experience, paypal doesn't return the fee to to the seller. This could be the reason why it is a few dollars higher. Since all the money has been returned, the fees were probably taken from their own paypal balance or placed them in the negatives now. Not sure, just guessing.

FYI, the experience I'm basing that statement on: I was a seller on ebay and the buyer scammed me by saying they never received their package. Apparently, the shipping option that ebay gave me didn't track outside the US even though it stated full tracking from shipment to delivery. So since the status never updated outside of the US, the buyer just said he never received it and Paypal/Ebay sided with them. They gave them a full refund and I only had the exact amount received from the buyer minus the fees paypal already took. So when they gave the buyer a full refund, it placed my account into the negatives because paypal still kept the fees. I contacted them and said since they refunded the buyer, they should give me the fees back but they said no. Ebay also said no to returning the fees. I didn't expect them to but I was trying to recoup anything as I had lost over $1300 in the transactions.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 18:10:58 »
I made a crappy mockup of the dark red case with GMK Camping if anyone is interested:

EDIT: Also one for a brown case, but the colors aren't gonna be a 100% accurate, but just to give a general idea:
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2018, 22:20:41 by RaySasQuach »

Offline ptiede

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:24:59 »
I made a crappy mockup of the dark red case with GMK Camping if anyone is interested:
Show Image

You read my mind! That is the exact combo I'm doing. It looks amazing.

Offline Devkey

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 20:57:50 »
Is there enough clearance between the PCB and plate for zeal stabs, or should I stick with Cherry?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 21:38:32 »
Is there enough clearance between the PCB and plate for zeal stabs, or should I stick with Cherry?
Zeal stabs don’t have clearance issues with metal plates because they’re pretty much universally 1.5 mm. Acrylic plates are where issues sometimes come up since they are usually thicker. It’s totally possible for there to be clearance issues in other areas though, i.e. if the case is too close to the pcb.

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 23:24:32 »

Mine is the same way. Just a few dollars higher. Though it is not much, I would like to know where this difference is coming from prior to paying the invoice.

Same question here

Don't know why. :(

Since the previous account has been prohibited and we can't check it.

Can someone PM me the previous one to have a look? :D

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 23:26:49 »

I don't have one to try. So you might need to find out yourself.

Mine installed GMK stabs, and they are fine.

Zeal stabs don’t have clearance issues with metal plates because they’re pretty much universally 1.5 mm. Acrylic plates are where issues sometimes come up since they are usually thicker. It’s totally possible for there to be clearance issues in other areas though, i.e. if the case is too close to the pcb.

Thanks for helping. ;D

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 23:29:04 »

Same question here

Do not pay the old one. ;D

The new invoice will be sent by yj7272098@gmail.com

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 00:49:15 »
i'm having PTSD from the E8-V1 fiasco  :confused:
-Dana

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 08:27:21 »
Forgot to sign onto paypal before paying the first invoice, but I checked my debit card balance and still haven't gotten a refund yet. Anyone else also hasn't received their refunds yet?
b o a r d s

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:11:31 »
Forgot to sign onto paypal before paying the first invoice, but I checked my debit card balance and still haven't gotten a refund yet. Anyone else also hasn't received their refunds yet?

I just received mine today but YMMV.

Offline mechengkeys

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 09:37:58 »
First time on this thread, I am interested, is this GB still open?