Author Topic: [GB] Round 1: CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit (CLOSED)  (Read 235250 times)

Offline Vigrith

Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB open, invoice resend.)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 09:47:22 »
First time on this thread, I am interested, is this GB still open?

Open till February 15th.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 13:05:00 »
i'm having PTSD from the E8-V1 fiasco  :confused:

I want this keyboard but am trying to gauge where this GB is headed.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 13:11:26 »

It's been run twice in China with few/no issues.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #253 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 13:19:18 »
Has anyone here spent some time with one from the previous runs that can offer an overall review? I've seen mentions on reddit that one customer had a "ping" issue, and another was commenting that the bottom of the keyboard was much thinner than expected. Would love to get a thorough rundown before jumping in!

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 15:14:32 »
Hi CA66 crew.

Can i still pay the "old" invoice? i haven't received a new. And if i have changes would it be easier just make a new order through the G form?

THANKS

PS. when the time comes would you guys make a guide in English on ydkb.io for the YD keymap builder for CA6&? :D

187386-0

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 15:28:48 »
Has anyone here spent some time with one from the previous runs that can offer an overall review? I've seen mentions on reddit that one customer had a "ping" issue, and another was commenting that the bottom of the keyboard was much thinner than expected. Would love to get a thorough rundown before jumping in!

Saw the same reddit posts. The one about it being "thin" was just that he expected it to be a lot heavier than it was.

Hi CA66 crew.

Can i still pay the "old" invoice? i haven't received a new. And if i have changes would it be easier just make a new order through the G form?

THANKS

PS. when the time comes would you guys make a guide in English on ydkb.io for the YD keymap builder for CA6&? :D

(Attachment Link)

Don't pay the old invoice. Wait for a new one. And no, you should message OP for an order change because then you might get invoiced twice.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 15:34:50 »
It's been run twice in China with few/no issues.

There is something to be said for a tested factory and runners with a track record of git R done, going int’l adds in some spice though. Who is running the GB is not the only factor worth considering imo. To each their own, nice lookin board.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 15:39:02 »

The PayPal issues are common with all sorts of gb. E8-V1 was a very unique case as the GB runner was hospitalized. I don’t really think THAT is a realistic fear here.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 15:43:12 »

The PayPal issues are common with all sorts of gb. E8-V1 was a very unique case as the GB runner was hospitalized. I don’t really think THAT is a realistic fear here.

Asian paypal is particularly ruthless with things like this.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 20:34:15 »

Open till February 15th.

Yes it's still live. Thanks. ;D

Yock reduced the weight to make it lighter. He didn't want CA66 to be heavy as hell.

Hi CA66 crew.

THANKS

(Attachment Link)

Don't care about the old one. I've sent new invoices to all buyers.

Please pm me if you didn't get yours.

You can change to English through the bottom on the top right side on online editor.

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #260 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 02:50:34 »
I received both invoices, old and new, but I asked to change the color and it still appears the old one in the new invoice... does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 03:21:48 »
I received both invoices, old and new, but I asked to change the color and it still appears the old one in the new invoice... does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi, can you PM me about changes of your order? ;D

Offline Owl-

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 04:23:42 »
Are the photos in the build log for the purple case a gold plate or brass? seems like the anodised gold
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 January 2018, 04:30:03 by Owl- »

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 19:58:07 »
Are the photos in the build log for the purple case a gold plate or brass? seems like the anodised gold

It's a gold alu plate.

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 03:27:49 »
Question: if I put inswitch LEDs can I control the brightness or turn it off from the software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:04:26 »
Question: if I put inswitch LEDs can I control the brightness or turn it off from the software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can set up couple of function keys to control both RGB leds and in-switch leds.

Please check out online editor for more info: http://ydkb.io/?ca66#

Offline TestostoBoost

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 10:34:02 »
I received my new invoice but it is for more than the previous invoice. Did pricing change on something?

I received my new invoice but it is for more than the previous invoice. Did pricing change on something?
Same here, from few dollars.. The paypal fees are still 4,4% but represent a higher amount, strange

Hi guys, we are going to resend paypal invoices from the first order. :D

Please check your emails and order list to see if you get your new invoice yet. :thumb:

Hi, I still have the previous invoice you sent before. I haven't paid that. Is it the same paypal account or do I have to wait for a new invoice?

Same here, from few dollars.. The paypal fees are still 4,4% but represent a higher amount, strange

Mine is the same way. Just a few dollars higher. Though it is not much, I would like to know where this difference is coming from prior to paying the invoice.

Hi guys, we are going to resend paypal invoices from the first order. :D

Please check your emails and order list to see if you get your new invoice yet. :thumb:

Hi, I still have the previous invoice you sent before. I haven't paid that. Is it the same paypal account or do I have to wait for a new invoice?

Same question here

Don't know why. :(

Since the previous account has been prohibited and we can't check it.

Can someone PM me the previous one to have a look? :D

I think I figured out where the difference is coming from. For the first invoice, the 4.4% for the PayPal fees was calculated off of the subtotal not including shipping fees. On the second invoice, the 4.4% is calculated from the total cost including shipping.

Offline energyd

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 21:55:41 »
Hi there,
Any one know what the color(s) are in this pic? https://imgur.com/a/DCZZG

Are these two different color or just one color under different lighting? If the blue grey is the second one, then it is probably too light for me..

Offline Dreadstar

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 22:36:24 »
Hi there,

Are these two different color or just one color under different lighting? If the blue grey is the second one, then it is probably too light for me..

If you go to play_keyboard's insta, there is a picture of a built gray blue.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 23:05:53 »
Hi there,

If you go to play_keyboard's insta, there is a picture of a built gray blue.

That still doesn't really answer the question lol. Was there another blue, or can grey blue look super blue in certain light.

Offline LVNDSCAPE

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 01:17:04 »
Can someone help me choose a case color to go with GMK Miami Dusk keycaps?

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 04:41:38 »
Hi there,

First one is a gray blue, the last one is a custom light blue case.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 05:00:56 »
Still waiting to get the refund on my bank account. It is still in « wait » in paypal. Hope it will arrived before 15th!

Offline energyd

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 11:38:12 »
Hi there,

First one is a gray blue, the last one is a custom light blue case.

thx! really want to see how GMK Yuri will look like on the blue grey. Worried that it might not fit very well. Wish it would look like this: https://imgur.com/mi2jdB1

Offline typischt

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 17:25:03 »
I'm still undecided about the color, it's either going to be grey, silver or grey blue.
Two other questions: If I don't want to desolder, I will have to buy a plate per pcb, is this correct?  And I will need plate mounted stabilizer, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Atredl

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 17:53:04 »
I'm still undecided about the color, it's either going to be grey, silver or grey blue.
Two other questions: If I don't want to desolder, I will have to buy a plate per pcb, is this correct?  And I will need plate mounted stabilizer, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, unless you want to try Holtites you'll have to get 1 plate per pcb.

I hope someone else can chime in to confirm but its almost certainly pcb mount stabilizers.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 19:00:40 »
Love this thing to bits. Only downside is that it doesn't support the stepped caps lock that would really sell it. Praying to god income taxes come in before this ends.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline ptiede

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 19:16:51 »
Love this thing to bits. Only downside is that it doesn't support the stepped caps lock that would really sell it. Praying to god income taxes come in before this ends.

Hmm that's interesting. There are photos showing previous runs with the stepped caps lock

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 20:27:10 »

Stepped capslock is supported.  :D

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 20:49:43 »

Stepped capslock is supported.  :D

I am both blind and incredibly happy. I didn't see it on the picture that showed potential layouts. My tax refund can't come fast enough!

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 05:25:05 »
Refund received yesterday! It arrived in paypal sold, I paid immediately the new bill :D I am in again ahah  :p

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 15:25:36 »
Great now that I've ordered I'm stuck worrying I put my information in wrong while staring at my email for the next few days until I get my invoice.

I've got issues  :)) :))

Offline jackofclubs

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 20:42:40 »
So i have a weird question, but when putting this board together, would it be possible to put the larger (2.75u) half of the spacebar on the left side? I’ve always used my left thumb for the spacebar and I’m afraid 2.25u is going to be too small. I know I don’t have to split the spacebar, but I want to if this would be possible.

Thanks!

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 21:50:44 »
So i have a weird question, but when putting this board together, would it be possible to put the larger (2.75u) half of the spacebar on the left side? I’ve always used my left thumb for the spacebar and I’m afraid 2.25u is going to be too small. I know I don’t have to split the spacebar, but I want to if this would be possible.

Thanks!

If you set 2.75u on the left side, your thumb won't be place directly above the switch.

And it's not available though.

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 18:37:42 »
So what's the deal with the Paypal refunds? I paid yesterday (Feb. 1). Should I expect my money back? I see the update was made on the 25th of last month.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 18:48:18 »
So what's the deal with the Paypal refunds? I paid yesterday (Feb. 1). Should I expect my money back? I see the update was made on the 25th of last month.
You shouldn't receive a refund if you pay the new invoice yesterday.  The refund is for those who received the original invoice, paid, and PayPal freezing the funds on that account.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Kaleidoscope

• I need to get over this clack addiction.
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 21:47:58 »
Can some one comment if Holtites are compatible with this PCB for switches and LEDs?

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB open)
« Reply #287 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 00:04:16 »

You shouldn't receive a refund if you pay the new invoice yesterday.  The refund is for those who received the original invoice, paid, and PayPal freezing the funds on that account.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for helping. I think everyone all received a new invoice now. ;D

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 00:46:02 »
Can some one comment if Holtites are compatible with this PCB for switches and LEDs?

Cool, thanks for clarifying!

Offline mechengkeys

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 12:43:56 »
Just jumped in on a silver case with all the toppings! Plans to eventually drop in on SA dasher and dancer and SA chocolatier. So I chose a color neutral board in which in the mean time I can put my SA carbon I have on order on. Very excited!

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 07:07:28 »
Just a reminder to all. GB ends in 15th on Feb. ;D

Please check your invoice before finishing the payment.

Feel free to send me PMs if you find anything wrong or you change your mind on options. ;D

Thanks guys. :thumb:

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB open till 15th Feb)
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 07:08:22 »
(This post was a mistake. Forget about it. :-*)
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 February 2018, 07:10:16 by PlayKeyboardTW »

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 02:19:02 »
I really love this keyboard, classic, delicate, and not that heavy for carrying, It's my daily use keyboard now!
I made a render with SA Mechanist keycaps on it, they look so nice! :-*

Offline Harms

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 04:18:05 »
I really love this keyboard, classic, delicate, and not that heavy for carrying, It's my daily use keyboard now!
Show Image

Nice render.

Amazing Board and Keyset :)

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 07:06:16 »
Show Image

This is so damn amazing. Love it! ;D

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 14:02:10 »
Show Image

I agree with you on all points, I like the weight as I can sit on the couch and comfortably type on my lap or throw it in a bag and take it to work with me. Daily driver here too.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 14:16:19 »
Show Image

I agree with you on all points, I like the weight as I can sit on the couch and comfortably type on my lap or throw it in a bag and take it to work with me. Daily driver here too.

Never felt so right going all in. :cool:

Offline mechengkeys

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 18:52:24 »
Are there any more pictures of the brown case, besides the (2x) that are linked via this thread?

Offline mudcakehoney

[GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit(GB open till 15th Feb)
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:25:00 »
Are there any more pictures of the brown case, besides the (2x) that are linked via this thread?

I have the coffee brown, not sure if it’s the same as this run but it almost looks black in certain light. Here’s a pic with the led’s on (which I normally turn off as they are quite bright)

Also just waiting on Chocolatier arrows to finish the look

Offline mechengkeys

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:45:53 »
That board is gorgeous! Yeah, some photo I came across mentioned it would be lighter than how it was pictured (similar looking to yours). I am assuming this time around they are doing a brown instead of dark-brown. It is so hard to be set on a color. So far I have silver selected but I am debating the gray, and brown as well. The black looks awesome, but I have a Mira in black.