Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4207218 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:32:52 »

Major identity crisis.
what do you mean, spock?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:40:24 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:51:49 »

Major identity crisis.
what do you mean, spock?

Pai just stop. Not in the mood...
sorry dude :(
just trying to lighten the mood, you can vent to me if you want
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #903 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:58:19 »

Major identity crisis.
what do you mean, spock?

Pai just stop. Not in the mood...
sorry dude :(
just trying to lighten the mood, you can vent to me if you want

later maybe.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #904 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 11:59:13 »
the sanctions.

i have an idea.
putin has a labrador.
that means that cruel sanctions should be rolled against russia's labrador owners.
don't hesitate to call your senator.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:17:06 »
the sanctions.

i have an idea.
putin has a labrador.
that means that cruel sanctions should be rolled against russia's labrador owners.

No, labs are the best dogs. We can't issue sanctions against their owners.

Also, just because Putin has a megalomaniacal personality, does that make him necessarily a bad guy?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #906 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:19:00 »
No, labs are the best dogs.

+1 Labs = superior dog race, they lick your kitchen floor clean, no mopping required :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #907 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:19:02 »
the sanctions.

i have an idea.
putin has a labrador.

Also, just because Putin has a megalomaniacal personality, does that make him necessarily a bad guy?

No more than osama...i mean obama.

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #908 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:54:28 »
This hernia requires surgical repair. I'm sad because it means I'm practically out of commission and my school will be pissed. Not to mention that I was planning an excursion plus shopping trip and now the money has to be diverted.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #909 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 13:01:37 »
This hernia requires surgical repair. I'm sad because it means I'm practically out of commission and my school will be pissed. Not to mention that I was planning an excursion plus shopping trip and now the money has to be diverted.

Surgery, eww...

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up with the hernia?
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #910 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 13:12:07 »

:(
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #911 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:26:00 »
the sanctions.

i have an idea.
putin has a labrador.

does the fact that people own Visa cards from Binbank make them bad guys? I highly doubt that. but they were "sanctioned".
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #912 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:46:17 »

Surgery, eww...

I would really love to know that myself. I've been going back over when the pain started and all that stands out was getting up off the floor whilst wearing a backpack that weighed half what I do (~40 lbs) so… maybe that. I also did the splits in a skateboard accident. I've been kicking myself mentally and trying to figure out what happened.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #913 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:32:52 »

Surgery, eww...

I would really love to know that myself. I've been going back over when the pain started and all that stands out was getting up off the floor whilst wearing a backpack that weighed half what I do (~40 lbs) so… maybe that. I also did the splits in a skateboard accident. I've been kicking myself mentally and trying to figure out what happened.

Ouch!

I hope it turns out well!

I was going to say I hope it turns out well in the end, but that did not seem as appropriate ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Distilled

« Reply #914 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:48:27 »

Surgery, eww...

Dont think too hard. Generally hernias are from repeated strain rather than a single event. Also if you are young (I am assuming you are) its likely that there is a congenital factor so nothing you could have done about it.

Surgery is generally a good permanent fix if you follow your doctors post op instructions. Although all hernias have a chance to reoccur (very small in the young, compliant patient).

I hope it turns in well :P (pun bell please).

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #915 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 02:17:28 »
****ing scratched one of my monitors somehow (it won't go away no matter what myth methods I try from the internet)

Gonna just use this one as my secondary instead and swap the other one over to be the main since they're both the same models anyway. Should bother me less if it's not on the screen directly in front of me.

It's just a tiny speck too like I thought it was a dead/stuck pixel but not it's a ****ing scratch wtf?
I love Elzy

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #916 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 03:37:15 »

****ing scratched one of my monitors somehow (it won't go away no matter what myth methods I try from the internet)

Gonna just use this one as my secondary instead and swap the other one over to be the main since they're both the same models anyway. Should bother me less if it's not on the screen directly in front of me.

It's just a tiny speck too like I thought it was a dead/stuck pixel but not it's a ****ing scratch wtf?
i once managed to launch a fork at my screen, i can barely see it lol
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:50:53 »
HHKB pro II feet, seriously they angle the keyboard only about 3mm!? whats the point! Give me some long feet, 3mm isnt satisfying anyone
sell out and eat ass

Offline iri

« Reply #918 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:02:12 »
wedding

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #919 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:29:36 »
wedding

Ya, that is one event that is a pain to plan and costs some serious cash.

Here are my hints (if you care) to keep your costs in check:
- if you rent a hall or something for the reception, don't tell them it is for a wedding. If you say it is a wedding they will charge you double what they would charge you if you rent it for a 'celebration'.
- if you can avoid paying for people to eat at your reception, do it. That is one cost that will add up so fast and is not really that important to your guests.  We did 'drinks, dessert and dancing'. Even with us providing all you can drink alcohol and desserts, it still cost about 1/10th what it would have cost to fed everyone.
- if you are going to offer alcohol, buy it in advance somewhere where you can get a volume discount and provide it. If you use alcohol provided by a bar or establishment, you will pay at least 40% more.

Those are some of the basics that I learned in the process. Feel free to ask me if you have other questions.

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #920 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:35:27 »
3mm isnt satisfying anyone

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Poker II

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #921 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:39:37 »
I woke up this morning in my bed. I was hoping to wake up in a new Bugatti. I'll have to try again tomorrow :(.

Offline osi

« Reply #922 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:52:17 »
I woke up this morning in my bed. I was hoping to wake up in a new Bugatti. I'll have to try again tomorrow :(.

One of my daily dissapointments

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #923 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:57:03 »

First world problems

Poker II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #924 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:59:07 »

To do this, you usually have to wake up much later, around 1pm or so.  Waking up at a regular time in a Bugatti is quite rare.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:14:15 »

THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #926 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:39:34 »

I'd try waking up in a used Bugatti first before going all-out on waking up in a new one.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #927 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 14:37:58 »
Not getting a response back from OshPark
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #928 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:03:16 »

- if you rent a hall or something for the reception, don't tell them it is for a wedding. If you say it is a wedding they will charge you double what they would charge you if you rent it for a 'celebration'.
quite the opposite for the restaurant i chose. good menu and a wedding cake (~7kg) for ~$64 per person. (note: wedding cake is not per person).

- if you can avoid paying for people to eat at your reception, do it. That is one cost that will add up so fast and is not really that important to your guests.  We did 'drinks, dessert and dancing'.
i will be damn hungry after a church ceremony and a photo session. so will be the guests...

- if you are going to offer alcohol, buy it in advance somewhere where you can get a volume discount and provide it. If you use alcohol provided by a bar or establishment, you will pay at least 40% more.
yeah, gf will buy alcohol using her company's discount.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #929 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:48:40 »

quite the opposite for the restaurant i chose. good menu and a wedding cake (~7kg) for ~$64 per person. (note: wedding cake is not per person).

- if you can avoid paying for people to eat at your reception, do it. That is one cost that will add up so fast and is not really that important to your guests.  We did 'drinks, dessert and dancing'.
i will be damn hungry after a church ceremony and a photo session. so will be the guests...

yeah, gf will buy alcohol using her company's discount.

Ya, fair enough. We actually did two different events. We did the actual wedding one day (very small group of people) without a reception. Then we did a 'celebration' that everyone came to another day basically as the reception.

This approach is not for everyone, but it was perfect for us. We tend to do things a little different than the norm.

Congratulations again, I am sure you will have a wonderful day. :)

Offline Crazyhendrix

« Reply #930 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 01:59:10 »
Been worried about saving enough for retirement, which would come around in 30 years time. Business has been good, but somehow the pessimist in me thinks that the business will go south, and I'll be forced to shut it down in another few years, and turn to cab-driving. Never held down a 'proper' job for more than a year. My life has been one unstable Jenga tower. Failed businesses one after the other. I have gotta used to it, but it gets to me some times.
I have 'two' many keyboard. CM Quickfire Stealth(greens) and Poker II(browns)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #931 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:14:14 »
Been worried about saving enough for retirement, which would come around in 30 years time. Business has been good, but somehow the pessimist in me thinks that the business will go south, and I'll be forced to shut it down in another few years, and turn to cab-driving. Never held down a 'proper' job for more than a year. My life has been one unstable Jenga tower. Failed businesses one after the other. I have gotta used to it, but it gets to me some times.

At least you are thinking ahead!  :thumb: A lot of people I know do not even look into the future at all, so I think you are doing well. Just got to save some when you can.  :)

Offline Crazyhendrix

« Reply #932 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:22:22 »
At least you are thinking ahead!  :thumb: A lot of people I know do not even look into the future at all, so I think you are doing well. Just got to save some when you can.  :)

I do try and save every month, there's emergency cash for when **** hits the fan---learned that the hard way. :P Thanks for listening. I need to get out of that depressive train of thought. heheh.
I have 'two' many keyboard. CM Quickfire Stealth(greens) and Poker II(browns)

Offline iri

« Reply #933 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:58:11 »
move to a country which respects social security.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #934 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 04:42:52 »

China!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 05:14:32 »

China!
america!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #936 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 05:52:02 »

China!
america!

We don't respect social security though.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #937 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 11:45:49 »

China!
america!

We don't respect social security though.
exactly

on the topic of no respect: morgan piers

also on topic: hitler--i mean morgan piers.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline osi

« Reply #938 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:01:37 »
Currently I'm reduced to watching Tiger's game today via twitter updates. For some reason, brighthouse is not listed as an available carrier for online viewing right now despite OVER 50 other companies that are available.

Serously??? :x

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #939 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:27:09 »
Tedious spreadsheet-2-html work...ughhh kill me.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #940 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:37:22 »
Just feeling a little meh today...... :-X

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:40:31 »

Same here. We need a vacation.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #942 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:46:06 »
Agreed! I wouldn't even mind a few days where I just stay home...

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #943 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:58:14 »
Agreed! I wouldn't even mind a few days where I just stay home...

Same here. :'(
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #944 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 15:01:41 »

Same here.
Can we start a misery meh club?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #945 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 16:07:52 »

Same here.
Can we start a misery meh club?
i'd buy a permanent premium membership with the exclusive "sob wringe pity sad" VIP room
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline calavera

« Reply #946 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 18:50:49 »
Slow ass never phone answering lazy piece of ****s at LADWP customer service.
Waited 40 mins on the phone listening to their lame ass recorded voice only to be hung up all of a sudden. TWICE.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 18:50:51 »
In 3 weeks my lease expires, and I still have no place to move to  :'(

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #948 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 19:33:06 »
In 3 weeks my lease expires, and I still have no place to move to  :'(

I feel your pain.  :'(

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #949 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:39:46 »
Tedious spreadsheet-2-html work...ughhh kill me.

Open the spreadsheet in google docs, then write a little python script to generate the html using the gDocs api to grab the data.

(you know your a geek when this is a legitimate solution)