geekhack Community > Keyboards

Budget switches with a soft bottom out

(1/2) > >>

ClaireAbitbol:
I was trying the sample switches I got and found the Feker Aphonia really nice, it's mostly the very soft and cushioned bottom out feel that I think I liked, though I don't really care about having silent switches and it did feel like it needed some better lubing as it wasn't really that smooth.

Does anyone have any recommendations for medium weight linear or tactile switches that have that sort of cushioned bottom out and feel smooth out of the box? Preferably under 50€ for 90pcs.

Exquite:
Maybe banana splits or some akko switches like cream blue or cream yellow, snow blue grey. Those are very light switches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhienfo:
First, I would recommend swapping out the springs with a aftermarket spring like tx, they are much better and you can cater the spring weight to your liking.

For recommendations, maybe the haimu silents could be a good option for you

ClaireAbitbol:

--- Quote from: Exquite on Thu, 30 November 2023, 09:19:55 ---Maybe banana splits or some akko switches like cream blue or cream yellow, snow blue grey. Those are very light switches

--- End quote ---
The Akko cream switches seem nice but not sure it's what I'm looking for, still seem like really good switches and I'll consider buying some in the future.

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Thu, 30 November 2023, 20:34:36 ---First, I would recommend swapping out the springs with a aftermarket spring like tx, they are much better and you can cater the spring weight to your liking.

For recommendations, maybe the haimu silents could be a good option for you

--- End quote ---
Completely forgot swapping the spring was a thing, didn't really feel like modding switches but this is pretty helpful and I'll consider doing that when I have more experience with different switches.

Sup:
Gateron Silent clears feel nice to type on. 90x 39 Euro's shipped trough Aliexpress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version