Author Topic: Wrist Rest Recommendations  (Read 19562 times)

Offline lROOl

Wrist Rest Recommendations
« on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 17:54:15 »
Hello all,

I have a 65% keyboard. I am a programmer so as you can probably tell I spend a ton of time on my keyboard. I would love some recommendations on some wrists rests that are comfortable. I live in Toronto so ideally I would like to buy from somewhere in North America  so it doesn't take months to to get me.

Thanks

Offline nevin

Re: Wrist Rest Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 18:12:08 »
my favorite was one i had a looong time ago, was the fabric covered gell-like filled by 3M

i have one from Grifiti. the "fat" 12" one is a good size for 60-65%s

currently using the split gel one form goldtouch. it's a good bit stiffer than the 3M one i used to have but it's decent.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 16:27:00 »
I would suggest to you "glorious Gaming". Not just gaming great for coding. I prefer the one I made but I have a few of those. The quality is the best. It will last! The firmness is just right IMO. Amazon has them. Amazon.ca
Have it in  a day. Of course YMMV. IF you do not like it not my fault. IT is just my recommendation. I either use 65% or HHKB. You probably want the "compact" full height. If you can, get the stealth.

Offline ykill

• qed - Production Coordinator for deafmute
    • Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 15:45:33 »
How about those gel blobs? They look like implants.  I read they are really comfortable.
qed on the gram @quality_enforcement_dojo
qed in 40% Discord

Offline nevin

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 23:11:42 »
if you do the implants... i'd probably cover them in something. they're a smooth plastic like surface that would get sticky/sweaty if your environment was warm/hot.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline krzank

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 16:28:13 »
It is extremely personal.

I ended up with leather covered piece of wood 60cm/9cm/4cm.
All commercially available wrist rests have failed me :-(

My recommendation: EXPERIMENT with anything (piece of wood, ...) you already have (even if it is not soft) so you know what your hands need before you spend any money.
Well .. I'm quite extreme case, I'm using same (long) wrist rest for trackpad&mouse.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 19:50:06 »
y'know, i haven't tried this yet, but i have a feeling something that might be really confortable is dry rice filled inside pantyhose. i use something like this in lieu of a pillow sometimes and it's basically a better version of a rolled towel, since it's almost like memory foam. i sewed a cover for it so it wouldn't look so weird. i'll try using the one i have for a few days on my desk and report back

Offline typo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 22:58:33 »
The most important point that I cannot stress enough is that you should never rest your wrists while typing! It will lead to serious injuries that you do not want. You might think "it is just my wrists". You can experience pain I would wish on no one. Well, perhaps Hitler. This is no joking matter. I highly urge you not to do this. I only use a wrist rest when I am NOT typing. My wrists are about 5" above the rest as a touch typist.

Offline theKM

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 11:34:41 »
whole arm support... all weight off shoulders and palms, it's a super comfy thing

https://i.imgur.com/W30f66H.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ScA1iTe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FeIJ1dy.jpg

...outside of that, find whatever will hold its shape; boxes, eva foam (floor mat foam)... hack it together with tape or whatever to find what is comfy for you, and then make/buy something that's presentable after you know what you're after.

Offline 4sStylZ

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:39:23 »
Those full ergo arm chair remind me this :
Bépo user here : AEK64 White linear dampened, XD75 Cherry Blue Jailhoused, TypeMatrix2030 black skin, Lenovo 0B47200 w/ trackpoint, G13, G512. Kensington Expert Trackball & Orbit, Magic touchpad 2.

Offline 4sStylZ

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:41:23 »
Grifitty fat are my choice if the keyboard is flat (like typematrix) or reverse tempted. But for others curve, like my AEK, I use some angled wristrest
Bépo user here : AEK64 White linear dampened, XD75 Cherry Blue Jailhoused, TypeMatrix2030 black skin, Lenovo 0B47200 w/ trackpoint, G13, G512. Kensington Expert Trackball & Orbit, Magic touchpad 2.

Offline theKM

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 13:20:45 »
Those full ergo arm chair remind me this :

lol!

quality :)

Offline Rafen

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 21:22:11 »
I would suggest to you "glorious Gaming". Not just gaming great for coding. I prefer the one I made but I have a few of those. The quality is the best. It will last! The firmness is just right IMO. Amazon has them. Amazon.ca
Have it in  a day. Of course YMMV. IF you do not like it not my fault. IT is just my recommendation. I either use 65% or HHKB. You probably want the "compact" full height. If you can, get the stealth.

Would you recommend the regular thickness or slim version? Took the quiz on their site and it recommend slim but the description says I should use the regular. Currently use a Ducky TKL board if that matters.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 16:36:35 »
My recommendation would be the Garbage Collection wrist rest.

Here's the US Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/Garbage-Collection-Keyboard-Compatible-11-5in/dp/B07VT6X82W

Mine just arrived today and I love it. If you need a specific size that's not listed you can select other and send them a message letting them know the size to make it.

Also, it's aluminum. That was one reason why I went with it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 16:38:31 by Mr.Elli0t »

Offline AlexeiSayle

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:35:02 »
Leyouyou520 Wrist Rest is my favorite

Offline dabeshu

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 16:17:00 »

Offline zergotech

• Zergotech Freedom Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 09:21:50 »
You should try out these sliding palm rests from Zergotech.
They allow your wrists to remain supported while also giving your hands the freedom to roam around the keyboard.
They are a key feature of the Freedom ergonomic mechanical keyboard.
Find them at www.zergotech.com and https://www.zergotech.com/products/sliding-palm-rests

Offline Tinman39

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 10:13:48 »

I too recommend Glorious pad. I use one at home and am going to get one for my work when I get back. I also find I don't get too hot under the wrist on it like I have with some other gel ones. Not sure what it is that makes/doesn't make that happen, but I like it. Also, if you don't like their logo, they make one with a darker logo that you can hardly see.

Offline Steve7722

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 17:21:48 »
I have bean bag wrist wrist. they're comfortable.
my blog earlypost

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 14:21:50 »
I agree with theKM. Supporting the arms works best for me. I super padded my chair armrests five years ago and stopped experimenting after that. Why mess with perfection? The arms can handle the compression better than wrists or palms plus hands are still fully mobile.