Author Topic: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)  (Read 99678 times)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 23:51:08 »
Sent you an email concerning a replacement.

Offline milchek

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 04:31:41 »
OK,

Managed to set up some custom keymapping on the function layer so I thought I'd share (since I answered my own questions).

Firstly, this guide is for OSX. So if you're like me and prefer to do things on command line then this is for you.

1. Install 'dfu-programmer' via homebrew
Code: [Select]
brew install dfu-programmer
2. Install homebrew avr so you can compile firmware (https://github.com/osx-cross/homebrew-avr)
brew tap osx-cross/avr
brew install avr-libc

3. Grab the (supposed) latest QMK source for the S60RGB here: https://github.com/jbyoung/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/S60RGB

4. Go to this folder https://github.com/jbyoung/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/S60RGB/keymaps/default, copy the keymap.c file into another folder in the /keymaps dir called 'custom' for example

5. Make your edits. My particular version was minor, I flipped right CTRL and FN buttons. I added up/left/down/right to WASD, and added audio mute, vol - and vol + to FN+1, FN+2, FN+3. You can use this link https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/doc/keycode.txt to find out what all the keycodes are

6. Now compile your firmware with
make custom
7. Next, using dfu-programmer erase the current firmware like so:
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase(Remember to press the reset button on back before doing this)

8. Now flash your custom firmware
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash S60RGB_custom.hex
Unplug and replug the board and that should be it. Well, it worked for me.

By the way, I'm a total newb at this, not my first board built, but it is my first proper custom firmware/keymap, so if any of the above can be improved please let me know.

One question I have is how to set more FN 'layers' and how to activate them? What would this look like in a keymap file? I'd also love if vendor would confirm that the above firmware source I linked is in fact the one that the .hex file supplied earlier is made from.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 09:00:21 »
OK,

Managed to set up some custom keymapping on the function layer so I thought I'd share (since I answered my own questions).

Firstly, this guide is for OSX. So if you're like me and prefer to do things on command line then this is for you.

2. Install homebrew avr so you can compile firmware (https://github.com/osx-cross/homebrew-avr)
brew tap osx-cross/avr
brew install avr-libc

3. Grab the (supposed) latest QMK source for the S60RGB here: https://github.com/jbyoung/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/S60RGB

4. Go to this folder https://github.com/jbyoung/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/S60RGB/keymaps/default, copy the keymap.c file into another folder in the /keymaps dir called 'custom' for example

5. Make your edits. My particular version was minor, I flipped right CTRL and FN buttons. I added up/left/down/right to WASD, and added audio mute, vol - and vol + to FN+1, FN+2, FN+3. You can use this link https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/doc/keycode.txt to find out what all the keycodes are

make custom
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase(Remember to press the reset button on back before doing this)

By the way, I'm a total newb at this, not my first board built, but it is my first proper custom firmware/keymap, so if any of the above can be improved please let me know.

One question I have is how to set more FN 'layers' and how to activate them? What would this look like in a keymap file? I'd also love if vendor would confirm that the above firmware source I linked is in fact the one that the .hex file supplied earlier is made from.

Copy paste another keymap. Look at where the function key on the base map, make another of those keys with #define. See if anything else has that name. Pretty simple.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline milchek

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 15:10:55 »
Copy paste another keymap. Look at where the function key on the base map, make another of those keys with #define. See if anything else has that name. Pretty simple.

I figured it might be something like this. So what you're saying is to activate the second FN layer you would hold the first FN (FN0) key, then also hold whatever you map as FN1 on function layer 0?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 16:57:27 »

I figured it might be something like this. So what you're saying is to activate the second FN layer you would hold the first FN (FN0) key, then also hold whatever you map as FN1 on function layer 0?

You lost me there. Make another function key, it will lead to your second function layer. Your first function key will still go to your first function layer.

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline milchek

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 18:33:06 »
You lost me there. Make another function key, it will lead to your second function layer. Your first function key will still go to your first function layer.

Sorry, new to this. What I meant was, right now there are only 2 layers: Base and Function. To access the function layer you hold the menu (FN) key and then you are on function layer. If I create another function layer, from what I'm understanding in your reply, I need to create another FN button on the base layer, my assumption was that you access any new function layers by traversing through them.

For example the layers would look like:

Base Layer
Function Layer 1 (Hold FN on base layer)
Function Layer 2 (Hold FN on base layer, then ALT on Function Layer 1)
Function Layer 3 (Hold FN on base layer, then ALT on Function Layer 1, then CTRL on Function Layer 2)
... this obviously gets a little silly once you're around 4 layers deep.

What you're saying is that you access all function layers through the base layer though right, you just map more FN keys onto the base layer?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 22:20:55 »
So how would I go about changing the code in the keymap file for ISO layouts. I wired my escape key to the left iso shift, but it seems like the github branch you gave us is missing the keymap file for ISO and only has the support for ANSI. Do you have the necessary files that you can push to github?

Also sent my email a while ago and still no response.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:28:17 »
So how would I go about changing the code in the keymap file for ISO layouts. I wired my escape key to the left iso shift, but it seems like the github branch you gave us is missing the keymap file for ISO and only has the support for ANSI. Do you have the necessary files that you can push to github?

The extra key next to shift on iso is set as KC_NO in the keycaps iirc

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 00:26:29 »

The extra key next to shift on iso is set as KC_NO in the keycaps iirc

Isn't KC_NO pertaining to the HHKB 1u key. Unless I'm mistaken.

[_BL] = KEYMAP(
  KC_ESC,    KC_1,   KC_2,   KC_3,   KC_4,   KC_5,   KC_6,   KC_7,   KC_8,   KC_9,   KC_0,   KC_MINS,  KC_EQL,   KC_NO, KC_BSPC, \
  KC_TAB,  KC_Q,   KC_W,   KC_E,   KC_R,   KC_T,   KC_Y,   KC_U,   KC_I,   KC_O,   KC_P,   KC_LBRC,  KC_RBRC,  KC_BSLS, \
  MO(_AL),   KC_A,   KC_S,   KC_D,   KC_F,   KC_G,   KC_H,   KC_J,   KC_K,   KC_L,   KC_SCLN,KC_QUOT,            KC_ENT,  \
  KC_LSFT         KC_Z,   KC_X,   KC_C,   KC_V,   KC_B,   KC_N,   KC_M,   KC_COMM,KC_DOT, KC_SLSH,            KC_RSFT,  \
  KC_LCTL, TG(_CL) ,KC_LALT,          KC_SPC,                                        KC_RALT,  KC_RGUI, MO(_FL),  KC_RCTL),

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 00:57:25 »
I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly, do I have to go into S60RGB.h change the KC_NO (next to kc30) to kc31.

k00, k01, k02, k03, k04, k05, k06, k07, k08, k09, k0a, k0b, k0c, k0d, k0e, \
   k10, k11, k12, k13, k14, k15, k16, k17, k18, k19, k1a, k1b, k1c, k1d, \
   k20, k21, k22, k23, k24, k25, k26, k27, k28, k29, k2a, k2b,      k2d, \
   k30, k31, k32, k33, k34, k35, k36, k37, k38, k39, k3a, k3b,           k3d, \
   k40, k41, k42,           k46,                     k4a, k4b, k4c, k4d  \
) \
{ \
   {k00, k01,   k02, k03,   k04,   k05,   k06,   k07,   k08,   k09,   k0a, k0b, k0c,   k0d, k0e}, \
   {k10, k11,   k12, k13,   k14,   k15,   k16,   k17,   k18,   k19,   k1a, k1b, k1c,   k1d, KC_NO}, \
   {k20, k21,   k22, k23,   k24,   k25,   k26,   k27,   k28,   k29,   k2a, k2b, KC_NO, k2d, KC_NO}, \
   {k30, k31, k32, k33,   k34,   k35,   k36,   k37,   k38,   k39,   k3a, k3b, KC_NO, k3d, KC_NO}, \
   {k40, k41,   k42, KC_NO, KC_NO, KC_NO, k46,   KC_NO, KC_NO, KC_NO, k4a, k4b, k4c,   k4d, KC_NO}  \

Like this, and then go into keymap and add an extra key into every fourth row for each KEYMAP ?

Edit: If so I did this and I am receiving errors when running the make command (previously to this I already flashed custom working firmware onto my other PCB).

Offline gerankle

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 08:50:34 »
OK,

brew tap osx-cross/avr
brew install avr-libc

make custom

Did all this. Upon using "make custom" in cmd, and in the correct directory of the Makefile, prompt shows "Making S60RGB with keymap custom" and doesn't do anything. No hex file made, nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 09:11:35 »
OK,

brew tap osx-cross/avr
brew install avr-libc

make custom

Did all this. Upon using "make custom" in cmd, and in the correct directory of the Makefile, prompt shows "Making S60RGB with keymap custom" and doesn't do anything. No hex file made, nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to have patience. It takes ~5 mins to compile give or take. It will pop up with other messages shortly after the first one.

Offline gerankle

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 10:59:18 »
Thanks for all the help on this thread deductivemonkee. Any reason why it may be doing it for longer? It's been over an hour >.<.

May I ask somebody to try to compile my keymap and see if it does it for them?

For my function layer, besides backlight and underglow controls, I have Esc as ~, 1 through 0 being F1-F10, - and = as Volume Down and Up, respectively, Backspace as Delete, Right Shift as Volume Mute, and WASD as arrows. I'll also attach it to post.

I just can't get it to compile =\.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:01:09 by gerankle »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:03:53 »
Thanks for all the help on this thread deductivemonkee. Any reason why it may be doing it for longer? It's been over an hour >.<.

For my function layer, besides backlight and underglow controls, I have Esc as ~, 1 through 0 being F1-F10, - and = as Volume Down and Up, respectively, Backspace as Delete, Right Shift as Volume Mute, and WASD as arrows. I'll also attach it to post.

Send me your keymap, I can try to compile it. It shouldn't take an hour.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 14:47:16 »
I got everything to work, decided to wire the escape key to the unused, HHKB key. Made programming much easier. Just waiting on doodersbrother to respond to my email now. Cheers guys, thanks for all the help.

Offline kt350

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 16:02:19 »
Hi guys,

I am having an issue with my board and was wondering if any of you guys could help me out.
The problem is similar to scizzorz problem in reply #202 in this thread.

My keyboard will work perfectly for some time, however it always ends up spamming a single column of keys and eventually gets stuck on one of those keys. In my case it always spams the far right column (Backspace, \ , Enter , RShift , and RCtrl).
I have tried a couple different firmwares (the one provided by doodersbrother's and also deductivemonkee's) to see if it was a firmware issue but the issue persisted with different firmwares. I created my own firmware changing the far right column to numbers and again, it would just spam the numbers I assigned to the far right column. At this point it doesn't seem to be a firmware issue.
I tested the keyboard on two different laptops and it caused the same issue on both laptops. I also tried different keyboards and the keyboards built into the laptops and could not reproduce this error. This leaves me thinking that it is an issue with this specific keyboard itself and not Windows or my laptops.
I then looked at the pcb and the soldering looks fine to me. It doesn't look like there is a short anywhere on the board.

So at this point, I am unsure of what exactly the problem is. I am leaning towards it being an issue with the pcb but am unsure of how to confirm that (do not have a multimeter on hand). I have sent an email to info@sentraq.com and am waiting for their response. If you guys had any input on what I should do next, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline milchek

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 17:31:09 »

Did you make sure to put the keymap.c into a 'custom' subfolder (next to 'default' subfolder) in the S60RGB sub dir?

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 17:35:08 »

For arrow keys on all of my keyboards I use left-win and wasd. It is so natural that when I use a keyboard that doesn't have it I end up sending a few windows commands until I realize it. If you make a keyboard-layout-editor of exactly what you want I could make it for you.

//edit//

This is my de-facto keymap, and hex file if anyone wants it.

if you could do that it would be awesome. basically. just using menu as function to add delete to backspace and arrow directions to wasd. everything else stay the same. (Attachment Link)

Do you want escape on the FN layer, main layer, or at all? I will do this tomorrow, so lmk by then.

FN layer would be great. sorry i forgot to add that one.

Do you want a FN toggle or a momentary (hold to use layer) FN? I will do this when I get home.

hey man sorry it took so long i just now got this flashed onto my board.

its perfect thank you so much this is exactly what i wanted.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 17:48:00 »

For arrow keys on all of my keyboards I use left-win and wasd. It is so natural that when I use a keyboard that doesn't have it I end up sending a few windows commands until I realize it. If you make a keyboard-layout-editor of exactly what you want I could make it for you.

//edit//

This is my de-facto keymap, and hex file if anyone wants it.

if you could do that it would be awesome. basically. just using menu as function to add delete to backspace and arrow directions to wasd. everything else stay the same. (Attachment Link)

Do you want escape on the FN layer, main layer, or at all? I will do this tomorrow, so lmk by then.

FN layer would be great. sorry i forgot to add that one.

Do you want a FN toggle or a momentary (hold to use layer) FN? I will do this when I get home.

hey man sorry it took so long i just now got this flashed onto my board.

its perfect thank you so much this is exactly what i wanted.

No problem, happy to help.

Offline gerankle

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 20:53:25 »

Did you make sure to put the keymap.c into a 'custom' subfolder (next to 'default' subfolder) in the S60RGB sub dir?

Yes. See attached picture.

156981-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 20:58:54 by gerankle »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 12:14:41 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the picture. You can't compile with Windows CMD, download mhv avr tools and use that to compile.

Offline tmurch

« Reply #271 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:55:44 »
So got my board in earlier this week, got it together and have really enjoyed it: http://imgur.com/a/mE6U3

This is my first build so I was worried it wouldn't go well, but so far so good....until today.  I have had it plugged in and when i went to type on it, the LEDs were on, but it wasn't working so I just unplugged it and then plugged it back in.  Well when I did the LEDs werent coming on and the keyboard wasnt registering at all.  I have tried everything I can think of, different usb cable, port, computer. and nothing is working.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 16:10:03 by tmurch »

Offline gerankle

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 17:21:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the picture. You can't compile with Windows CMD, download mhv avr tools and use that to compile.

Got it! Flashed and it's all working. Appreciate all the help. Was confused on CMD compiling because I think I did it for the Minorca 40%.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #273 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 21:30:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Got it! Flashed and it's all working. Appreciate all the help. Was confused on CMD compiling because I think I did it for the Minorca 40%.

Cool, glad I could help.

Offline Ozbourn

« Reply #274 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:23:34 »
I'm having trouble getting the board flashed. I'm using QMK Firmware Flasher on mac, when it asks me to click on reset I can't get it to work. The button doesn't seem to register.

I tried using AMTEL FLIP on my PC, and after rebooting the software wouldn't run, and I cannot uninstall... feeling helplessly stupid.

Edit -

I'd still be interested if anyone knows why FLIP would flip out on my computer, but using the QMK windows package I was able to get it to work!
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:28:02 by Ozbourn »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:28:07 »
I'm having trouble getting the board flashed. I'm using QMK Firmware Flasher on mac, when it asks me to click on reset I can't get it to work. The button doesn't seem to register.

I tried using AMTEL FLIP on my PC, and after rebooting the software wouldn't run, and I cannot uninstall... feeling helplessly stupid.

Check the button doesn't have a broken solder joint?

Offline Ozbourn

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:41:51 »

Nope, it was user error. I fixed it with the QMK for windows. Still wondering about FLIP on my Windows 10PC, but whatever...

The wife helped me out and we had a blast putting this thing together, together. Can't wait to do another!

http://imgur.com/a/sG4j7

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:42:35 »

Nope, it was user error. I fixed it with the QMK for windows. Still wondering about FLIP on my Windows 10PC, but whatever...

The wife helped me out and we had a blast putting this thing together, together. Can't wait to do another!

Show Image

Odd, flip works on my win10 rig.

Also, nice build. Looks like I'm not the only one with an oddly twisted right alt key.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:44:39 by deductivemonkee »

Offline Ozbourn

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 23:37:17 »
Yeah, I even desoldered it and tried to fix the twist, but there is still a bit there. The top plate just doesn't hold on to the switch properly.

Offline milchek

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 07:23:10 »
Thought I'd share my S60-X RGB:

More photos of the build log here: http://imgur.com/a/OMOAz

Future plans:
- Desolder all the white LEDs (what was i thinking), orange ones are on the way, replace all of them
- Get some black M3 screws for the top plate to suit the black keycaps

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 08:53:19 »

Show Image

Future plans:
- Desolder all the white LEDs (what was i thinking), orange ones are on the way, replace all of them

Looks nice!  I quite like the silver screws.  Also, please be careful desoldering those LEDs!!! She's a beauty... You don't want to batter and bruise her with jumper wires all over the back (from having to reroute lifted pads)! 

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 17:21:48 »

Show Image

Future plans:

Looks nice!  I quite like the silver screws.  Also, please be careful desoldering those LEDs!!! She's a beauty... You don't want to batter and bruise her with jumper wires all over the back (from having to reroute lifted pads)!

Is this a shot at my jumper for a lifted pad?

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 17:48:39 »

Show Image

Future plans:

Well done! :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 18:57:06 »

Show Image

Future plans:

Oh no.   Just speaking from experience.  I've had plenty a need for jumpers because of the fragile led pads in the past year.  I learned my lesson... sips all the way for now on

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 19:41:53 »

Show Image

Future plans:

Oh no.   Just speaking from experience.  I've had plenty a need for jumpers because of the fragile led pads in the past year.  I learned my lesson... sips all the way for now on

I feel you. Sips make everything better.

Offline jisaak

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 12:59:37 »
I have an issue with the qmk firmware, maybe someone can help me. I forked the version from  jbyoung and added a secondary layer:

[_FLTWO] = KEYMAP(
  KC_GRV, KC_F1,  KC_F2,  KC_F3,  KC_F4,  KC_F5,  KC_F6,  KC_F7, KC_F8, KC_F9, KC_F10, KC_F11, KC_F12, RESET, KC_DELETE,  \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_LCTL, KC_LSFT,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_UP, KC_TRNS,  KC_PSCREEN,   KC_TRNS,   KC_TRNS,   KC_TRNS, \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_HOME,KC_LEFT,KC_DOWN, KC_RIGHT, KC_END,    KC_TRNS,  KC_TRNS,     KC_TRNS, \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_AUDIO_MUTE,KC_AUDIO_VOL_DOWN, KC_AUDIO_VOL_UP, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,  \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,          KC_MENU,                               KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS),
};

This enables me to use the arrow keys on CAPS + jikl which works as expected. I realized that I have trouble to reach Shift and Ctrl while holding the CAPSLOCK key so I mapped Shift to CAPS + W and CTRL to CAPS + E. Everything is working as expected except that when I use CAPS + W (Shift) and hit any key from the Layer above (that is not mapped in this Layer) say R, then the keyboard is writing everything in upper case, even when I release the Caps (function) key.
The keymap can be found here:
https://github.com/mjisaak/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/S60RGB/keymaps/default/keymap.c

Can anyone help me?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:30:27 »
I have an issue with the qmk firmware, maybe someone can help me. I forked the version from  jbyoung and added a secondary layer:

[_FLTWO] = KEYMAP(
  KC_GRV, KC_F1,  KC_F2,  KC_F3,  KC_F4,  KC_F5,  KC_F6,  KC_F7, KC_F8, KC_F9, KC_F10, KC_F11, KC_F12, RESET, KC_DELETE,  \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_LCTL, KC_LSFT,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_UP, KC_TRNS,  KC_PSCREEN,   KC_TRNS,   KC_TRNS,   KC_TRNS, \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_HOME,KC_LEFT,KC_DOWN, KC_RIGHT, KC_END,    KC_TRNS,  KC_TRNS,     KC_TRNS, \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_AUDIO_MUTE,KC_AUDIO_VOL_DOWN, KC_AUDIO_VOL_UP, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,  \
  KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,KC_TRNS,          KC_MENU,                               KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS),
};

This enables me to use the arrow keys on CAPS + jikl which works as expected. I realized that I have trouble to reach Shift and Ctrl while holding the CAPSLOCK key so I mapped Shift to CAPS + W and CTRL to CAPS + E. Everything is working as expected except that when I use CAPS + W (Shift) and hit any key from the Layer above (that is not mapped in this Layer) say R, then the keyboard is writing everything in upper case, even when I release the Caps (function) key.
The keymap can be found here:
https://github.com/mjisaak/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/S60RGB/keymaps/default/keymap.c

Can anyone help me?

It is getting stuck on shift on the other layer.

Offline jisaak

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:37:18 »
You are right, and I just figured out, that I can fix that using
#define PREVENT_STUCK_MODIFIERS in config.h :-D

Now I only have an issue with the leds left (If I use RGB_TOG to turn the leds off,  the left two leds on the bottom and top are chaning to white and keep lighting)

Offline johntron25

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:31:21 »
Finished building my tonight http://imgur.com/a/hKDMJ.
I have a QMK question, for the fn key, is it possible just press it to activate instead of holding?

Offline The Tetanus Clam

« Reply #289 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 19:42:14 »
Hey everyone,
This is my first build and am having some pretty annoying issues with my keys.
1.       It seems that many of my keys aren't working, including but not limited to "3" "e" "d" "x" and "backspace." This is AFTER flashing and re-flashing the firmware with the latest firmware we were linked to. Also, whenever I try and short the connection with a pair of tweezers, it doesn't work. In addition, there are NO burn marks on the PCB (other than small amounts of burned solder that I have checked and flakes right off). I did spring swap my switches, however I don't think that could have caused any issues considering I did it very carefully and made sure every switch was put back together correctly. Lastly, I redid all of the soldering on the broken keys without any luck.

2.       Whenever my keyboard is plugged in, it spams the x key endlessly until I press another key. After talking a look at the PCB I can't find any damage or anything out of place.

I appreciate any help. Just to reiterate, I had all of these issues before AND after flashing and re-flashing the firmware.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 19:48:31 »
Hey everyone,
1.       It seems that many of my keys aren't working, including but not limited to "3" "e" "d" "x" and "backspace." This is AFTER flashing and re-flashing the firmware with the latest firmware we were linked to. Also, whenever I try and short the connection with a pair of tweezers, it doesn't work. In addition, there are NO burn marks on the PCB (other than small amounts of burned solder that I have checked and flakes right off). I did spring swap my switches, however I don't think that could have caused any issues considering I did it very carefully and made sure every switch was put back together correctly. Lastly, I redid all of the soldering on the broken keys without any luck.

2.       Whenever my keyboard is plugged in, it spams the x key endlessly until I press another key. After talking a look at the PCB I can't find any damage or anything out of place.

I appreciate any help. Just to reiterate, I had all of these issues before AND after flashing and re-flashing the firmware.

Did you test each key by shorting it BEFORE soldering anything?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 19:51:08 »
Got mine finished.  Looks great.  I'm glad I found this thread because I thought mine was messed up since the backspace wasn't working.  Flashed the new firmware and it fixed it.  Even figured out how to compile a customized key map  :thumb:

I'll explain it all and post pics for others after a while

Offline The Tetanus Clam

« Reply #292 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 22:21:10 »
Hey everyone,

No that probably would have been a good idea. This is my first build so I didn't think of that. I can't really think of a reason why so many keys wouldn't be working other than a defective PCB right? I know for a fact that I couldn't have burnt the pads because I made an extremely conscious effort to not even so much as touch the PCB with my soldering iron.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #293 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 22:22:47 »
Hey everyone,

No that probably would have been a good idea. This is my first build so I didn't think of that. I can't really think of a reason why so many keys wouldn't be working other than a defective PCB right? I know for a fact that I couldn't have burnt the pads because I made an extremely conscious effort to not even so much as touch the PCB with my soldering iron.

Make sure that nothing is shorting on the bottom of the case?

Offline The Tetanus Clam

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 22:25:53 »
Hey everyone,

Don't even have the case on yet and I was holding it when I was checking it so nothing should be shorting it.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 22:26:49 »
Hey everyone,

Don't even have the case on yet and I was holding it when I was checking it so nothing should be shorting it.

Can you take some pictures of the soldering and PCB?

Offline The Tetanus Clam

« Reply #296 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 22:37:03 »
Hey everyone,

http://imgur.com/a/HV451
the burn mark like things is just burnt solder and flux that I checked. It peels off so its not the board. I also redid some of the solder in these pictures so they are slightly old.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 00:21:54 »
Hey everyone,

the burn mark like things is just burnt solder and flux that I checked. It peels off so its not the board. I also redid some of the solder in these pictures so they are slightly old.

I notice in the last picture that two diodes are missing the black cover and look as though they could be damaged. I had this issue on my D key that prevented it from sending whatsoever. Could you check those diodes and if they are ruined replace them? Through-hole diodes can be used interchangeably with SMD, just hard to solder.

Edit, disregard this. It looks as though the flash made it look this way. What are all the keys that are not firing correctly?
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2017, 00:23:44 by deductivemonkee »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 01:47:41 »
So, here's an album of my build in a Tex case:
http://imgur.com/gallery/0AR3D

I did make 1 little mistake that I may fix down the road... I put the capslock switch in the wrong spot :(  I don't usually use stepped caps, BUT I DO NOW.   :p  I'm currently using capslock as the function key, so it's not ideal, but oh well.  If I get bored some day I'll desolder it and scootch it over to the next hole.

For getting the firmware working and cutomized I used:

I used the QMK git deposit for the S60RGB that doodersbrother linked (https://github.com/jbyoung/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/S60RGB) and added in the #define RGBLIGHT_ANIMATIONS line in the config.h file, as deductivemonkee so cleverly suggested.

Great community support here! 

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #299 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 04:50:57 »
Hey everyone,

I would wipe the board with some alcohol. Some solder joints have a lot of solder on them, especially the right shift. check to make sure it isn't shorting out another switch's pad.