Author Topic: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps  (Read 613466 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Leftover Sale - Mar]
« Reply #1150 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 04:53:54 »
whats the difference between the normal pcb and this one  https://caps-unlocked.com/alps64-special-edition-pcb/

The pcbs are just a bit old revision with different logo.

Offline tobo

« Reply #1151 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 06:07:29 »

I didn't know there are variation of stab wire like that, what model number of keyboard did you get the space bar and stabilizer from? AEK US layout?
And if you still have the keyboard could you post pic of its stab cutouts around space bar? It would be helpful to know the cutouts dimension.

This is my space bars from AEKs(M3501 and M0115J). Stab wires and inserts are apparently different.
Show Image

The other day I found AEK64 case has extra cutouts on upper side and wasn't sure its reason. But the extra cutouts work with your spacebars probably?
https://i.imgur.com/xs91dSt.jpg

Here's the imgur album of the keyboard from the user I bought the caps: https://imgur.com/a/gYJqo

You can see the stabilizer wire is reversed on it. It's an AEK 1 M0115 (Dutch version). The AEK case indeed seems to have the cutouts for reverse mounting. It's good to know but since I already assembled my keyboard with your plate I'm fine with using the spacebar reversed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 May 2018, 06:31:09 by tobo »

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #1152 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 06:32:52 »
whats the difference between the normal pcb and this one  https://caps-unlocked.com/alps64-special-edition-pcb/

The pcbs are just a bit old revision with different logo.
Ok thank you

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1153 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 07:53:15 »

I didn't know there are variation of stab wire like that, what model number of keyboard did you get the space bar and stabilizer from? AEK US layout?
And if you still have the keyboard could you post pic of its stab cutouts around space bar? It would be helpful to know the cutouts dimension.

This is my space bars from AEKs(M3501 and M0115J). Stab wires and inserts are apparently different.
Show Image

The other day I found AEK64 case has extra cutouts on upper side and wasn't sure its reason. But the extra cutouts work with your spacebars probably?

Here's the imgur album of the keyboard from the user I bought the caps: https://imgur.com/a/gYJqo

You can see the stabilizer wire is reversed on it. It's an AEK 1 M0115 (Dutch version). The AEK case indeed seems to have the cutouts for reverse mounting. It's good to know but since I already assembled my keyboard with your plate I'm fine with using the spacebar reversed.

Thanks for the photos. Ah, I see. the spacebar stabilizer on Dutch model is different from US AEKs and I haven't seen this.
And I didn't know Dutch keyboard layout has US type enter key instead of ISO big one, TIL.

Without knowing Dutch AEK I added the extra cutouts on new revision of plate to support 'flipped spacebar' for fun after seeing the AEK64 design. In a result I think it happens to support Dutch spacebar hopefully. This doesn't help your situation because you already assembled, bu t if you are willing to check the new plate design with the Dutch spacebar let me know, I will send you one.

Edit: imgur url
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 June 2018, 22:35:53 by hasu »

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #1154 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 11:27:31 »

Show Image

Thanks for the photos. Ah, I see. the spacebar stabilizer on Dutch model is different from US AEKs and I haven't seen this.
And I didn't know Dutch keyboard layout has US type enter key instead of ISO big one, TIL.

Without knowing Dutch AEK I added the extra cutouts on new revision of plate to support 'flipped spacebar' for fun after seeing the AEK64 design. In a result I think it happens to support Dutch spacebar hopefully. This doesn't help your situation because you already assembled, bu t if you are willing to check the new plate design with the Dutch spacebar let me know, I will send you one.
Show Image

I would be interested in trying out the flipped spacebar XD
Can you send me the design so I can get it cut?
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 May 2018, 13:41:26 by midnight2903 »

Offline tobo

« Reply #1155 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 13:40:41 »

Show Image

It's quite strange since ISO layout is these days the default for most keyboards here, though ANSI alternatives are often available as well.
Sure, I can check the plate design with this spacebar if you want. My invoice number is 1563. If you can't get the address from that I can PM you as well.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1156 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 19:41:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

I would be interested in trying out the flipped spacebar XD
Can you send me the design so I can get it cut?

It requires Dremel and finely file job perhaps :D

Updated repo for the plate. Its KiCAD design files and DXF are located here, you can check the dimensions with KiCAD or other CAD softwares.
https://github.com/tmk/alps64_plate/tree/plate_aek_flip_spacebar

Offline hasu

• @tmk
Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Leftover Sale]
« Reply #1157 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 12:37:37 »

Show Image

It's quite strange since ISO layout is these days the default for most keyboards here, though ANSI alternatives are often available as well.
Sure, I can check the plate design with this spacebar if you want. My invoice number is 1563. If you can't get the address from that I can PM you as well.

Great. Posted the new plate today via normal airmail which has no tracking number. It will take several weeks probably.

Thanks.

Offline tobo

« Reply #1158 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 15:28:12 »
No problem. Will let you know as soon as it arrives.

Edit: @hasu I received the plate today. I was able to mount the spacebar the same way as it was on the original AEK I keyboard. I made a GIF and took some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/8FZf8gD

The spacebar is very responsive and as you can see I  was able to press it down from both corners as well. If you have any questions please let me know.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 May 2018, 13:30:32 by tobo »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1159 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 19:22:08 »
Edit: @hasu I received the plate today. I was able to mount the spacebar the same way as it was on the original AEK I keyboard. I made a GIF and took some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/8FZf8gD

The spacebar is very responsive and as you can see I  was able to press it down from both corners as well. If you have any questions please let me know.

Great. Thanks for the confirmation!

Offline droideggs

« Reply #1160 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 21:17:27 »
@hasu will you ever be working on a 65% or TKL version of the ALPS64?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1161 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 16:52:36 »
@hasu will you ever be working on a 65% or TKL version of the ALPS64?

No plan. For me problems are: 1) Those form factors have no standard dimension case for stand offs or screw holes as far as I know. 2) My reflow oven is not big to accommodate that size pcbs. :(

Offline zacbir

« Reply #1162 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:00:50 »
Thanks for yet another outstanding project, hasu! Four years after making my ADB-USB converter, I've now taken the plunge on an Alps64 board: http://zacbir.net/2018/05/24/elegance-distilled-the-60-apple-extended-keyboard-ii/

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #1163 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 02:39:27 »
Hasu, do you have some imperfect stock of the PCB to sell? I'm looking for an inexpensive 60% alps pcb

Or if there is another round of PCB soon, I will shut up and wait :P

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #1164 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 15:41:33 »
Got a couple questions for you guys more experienced with ALPS switches & this PCB than me. It's gonna take a little backstory though, sorry. So I recently did a ALPS64 build in the AEK layout for a friend. He bought a custom ALPS64 build (Kinda HHKB style but with a long space bar) with brown ALPS, but did not like the layout. So he then bought a unused ALPS64 PCB & plate combo from somebody on r/mechmarket & asked me to harvest the browns from the old build & put them on the new PCB/plate combo.. When I received all that stuff I de-soldered the HHKBesque build to get all the switches loose to go on the new PCB. I then soldered all the diodes on to the new ALPS64 PCB & got to testing it, that's where I ran into my 1st issue. I made to sure properly solder all the diodes in (black bar facing the square pad) & triple checked that I didn't mess any up, but the PCB has two columns that are just not functioning at all. Here is pics of the PCB with diodes soldered in & a pic of KBtester.com to show which keys are not working.
196939-0
Some bloby looking joints on a few of the diodes but I made sure they flashed before removing the iron so they didn't end up being cold joints. Those ones were from when I did too many joints in a row & had too much solder on my tip.
196941-1
Pic of the front of the PCB showing solder flowed all the way through all the joints for the diodes.
196943-2
The keys/columns that are not working.

Is there anything somebody can see that I'm missing as to why this PCB is not working? At this point my buddy is calling it a wash on this PCB because I put the build back together with the PCB that the HHKBesque build came on, got it all together & working so he didn't have to wait for me to figure out what is wrong with the new PCB. The only that sucks is I had to jump one switch on the old PCB since the original owner drilled it for the misaligned ALT keys of his layout (jumped it to it's diode). Although all the keys worked & I saw no problems during testing or when I used it for a night just to confirm there was no issues after completing the build. Which leads into my second issue & question.

Now that he has the build & been using it for a about a week, one key (the K key I believe he said) is experiencing weird behavior. Only that key though, the others have been working fine. Thing is the K key goes from working perfectly fine for a time, to chattering sometimes, then to not registering at all sometimes randomly!? My initial thoughts is to open the switch & blow it out with compressed air, as I've read a lot that ALPS switches are super sensitive to any contamination of the inside of the switch, or that it could just be a bad switch. Also (not trying to sound smug here so please don't take it that way) I am very confident in my soldering skills & triple checked that all the joints were done properly on this build as it was for someone else. The only thing that nags me is having to jump the R ALT/Option key, could that be involved in the K key's issues? I jumped it to it's diode so I doubt that could be involved but I figure asking can't hurt.

Any input on these issues would greatly appreciated! If I can get the broken PCB to work I will be able to build my own ALPS64 build which I would really love to do. Then I would really like to avoid having my buddy need to send me back the build to swap in a different switch to get rid of the wonky one. He lives literally across the country & has already spent a ton on this build, I feel really bad if he had to spend even more sending it from WA to PA a second time. I am gonna walk him through opening the wonky switch & blowing it out with compressed air later today so fingers crossed that works! Anyways thanks in advance for any replies! :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 June 2018, 15:48:51 by Rob27shred »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1165 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 20:48:00 »
As for 1st issue,
a. keys(89IJ...)  on K7* group(row7) don't register but N(K72) does(and I guess App(Menu) of K70 also works, right?).
From how PCB traces of K4* go connection I suspect connection between B and N was damaged for some reason. Try retouch points indicated by arrow in this pic with soldering iron. If it doesn't work you will have to make jumper wire betwen them.
196952-0

b. Keys(23WES...) are located on K4*(row4). Check if K40(Left win) work again, if it does try to retouch soldering points of diodes D42.

If K40 still doesn't work try to retouch D40 frist and then microcontroller pin in pic with drop of liquid flux. In this case it could be damaged probably in production or while delivery, not your fault. Sorry about that.
196954-1
196956-2

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #1166 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 23:09:40 »
As for 1st issue,
a. keys(89IJ...)  on K7* group(row7) don't register but N(K72) does(and I guess App(Menu) of K70 also works, right?).
From how PCB traces of K4* go connection I suspect connection between B and N was damaged for some reason. Try retouch points indicated by arrow in this pic with soldering iron. If it doesn't work you will have to make jumper wire betwen them.
(Attachment Link)

b. Keys(23WES...) are located on K4*(row4). Check if K40(Left win) work again, if it does try to retouch soldering points of diodes D42.

If K40 still doesn't work try to retouch D40 frist and then microcontroller pin in pic with drop of liquid flux. In this case it could be damaged probably in production or while delivery, not your fault. Sorry about that.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the quick response! I will definitely try those tips tomorrow (you are correct about which keys are working & not) & report back to let you know how it went. No need to apologize, stuff like that happens with when dealing with a product like PCBs. I just figured it was worth a shot to see if I could salvage it.

Offline TicTocTom

« Reply #1167 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 11:22:40 »
Hi Guys,
I'm new here, and I'm working on my ALPS64 keyboard. I've followed the instructions above and I am stuck at flashing the keyboard.

Thomass-MacBook-Air:~ Tom$ dfu-programmer atmega32u2 erase --force
Erasing flash...  Success
Checking memory from 0x0 to 0x6FFF...  Empty.
Thomass-MacBook-Air:~ Tom$ sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u2 flash unimap.hex
Error opening unimap.hex
See --debug=51 or greater for more information.
Thomass-MacBook-Air:~ Tom$

Not sure if I've properly downloaded the .hex from TMK keymap editor and it won't open on my MacBook Air. Here's my map. https://goo.gl/QYFhTc
I've tried saving it to desktop and renaming it, but no luck. I'm not at all familiar with Terminal so maybe I'm missing something really simple like specifying the file location. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #1168 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 11:37:59 »
Hi Guys,
I'm new here, and I'm working on my ALPS64 keyboard. I've followed the instructions above and I am stuck at flashing the keyboard.

Error opening unimap.hex

Not sure if I've properly downloaded the .hex from TMK keymap editor and it won't open on my MacBook Air. Here's my map. https://goo.gl/QYFhTc
I've tried saving it to desktop and renaming it, but no luck. I'm not at all familiar with Terminal so maybe I'm missing something really simple like specifying the file location. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Use the TMK website on chrome and you can flash right from the browser IIRC

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1169 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:07:42 »
Hi Guys,

Error opening unimap.hex

From error message it seems that dfu-programmer cannot find 'unimap.hex', you should be located in directory the file exists when executing the command. Use 'cd' to change directory, if you are not familiar with 'cd' show manual with 'man cd' or google for its usage.

EDIT:
I'm assuming that you are not familiar with UNIX like shell and commands.

Where is 'unimap.hex' file?
The command can't find the file probably because you don't locate the file in proper place.

When you run 'dfu-programmer ... flash' command the file must be 'current working directory'. So you have to move to directory where the file is stored, or copy the file to the 'current working directory'.

This would be useful to lean primary Unix commands to handle files and 'current working directory' such as cd, pwd, ls, mv...

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/unix1.html
http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/unix2.html

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:18:03 by hasu »

Offline TicTocTom

« Reply #1170 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 07:43:02 »
Thanks guys. Success!  :D

Offline ClickityClock

« Reply #1171 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 23:54:55 »
Can anyone put in plain English, step by step what to download for macOS? I'm running High Sierra if that matters. I just build my first custom Alps64. Purchases a PCB from Hasu. Purchased an acrylic plate and base to go along with the orange Alps I harvest from an AEK.

I'm ready to program but the instructions aren't written for a novice and I'm kinda freaked out about playing around in terminal and putting the Mac into DFU mode.......

Any direct help would be greatly appreciated. This build has been sitting on my desk for 24 hours and I haven't been able to use it yet. I'm dying....

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1172 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 10:14:14 »
Can anyone put in plain English, step by step what to download for macOS? I'm running High Sierra if that matters. I just build my first custom Alps64. Purchases a PCB from Hasu. Purchased an acrylic plate and base to go along with the orange Alps I harvest from an AEK.

I'm ready to program but the instructions aren't written for a novice and I'm kinda freaked out about playing around in terminal and putting the Mac into DFU mode.......

Any direct help would be greatly appreciated. This build has been sitting on my desk for 24 hours and I haven't been able to use it yet. I'm dying....

:)

https://github.com/mechmerlin/qmk_setup/blob/master/qmk_configurator.md

Offline gbchk

« Reply #1173 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 20:20:12 »
I'm going to be making a custom plate soon and am wondering if it's possible to create compatibility for both the AEK keycaps as well as DSA Granite from PMK (assuming switch cutouts on the bottom row can support both). The former would obviously need Alps stabs and the latter can use costar. Has anyone done it?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Still available]
« Reply #1174 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 10:12:54 »
Today I got this metal plate from laserboost.com for personal use, it costs around 35 37 € including standard shipping. They are located in Barcelona Spain and my packet took 12 days to Japan. I'm happy with their service and work.

If you are intrested in getting metal plate instead of FR-4 one from me I can recommend them. Check 'Plate' section in the first post for DXF design file.

Alternative would be lasergist.com and let me know if you know other good place to order.

This plate is made of 1.2mm stainless steel with brush finish.

other pics:
https://imgur.com/a/xKNf4Kf

EDIT: Updated costs. It seems they updated price and shipping cost slightly now. (2018-07-17)
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 July 2018, 19:14:54 by hasu »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 11:25:36 »
Hasu this looks great! I would not recommend lasergist. Extremely slow and more expensive than laserboost with non existent customer support.

Offline gbchk

« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 12:10:03 »
That *may* not be true anymore. They publicly stated not long ago that they're taking measures to improve their CS. Additionally their turnaround seems fine. I hesitated for a long time to use them (have used DiscountSteel.com in the past to avoid LG) but my experience so far has been: reach out to CS with a question, get a response the next day, ask another question, get another response next day, place order that same day, order gets finished and shipped next day. Still waiting on shipping but all in all it's been fine so far.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 19:33:37 »
Thanks for info guys!
Posting experience with them would be helpful for people interested.

Offline RinoPog

« Reply #1178 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 12:37:24 »
Hey i just built alps64 iso layout and was just wondering how to change tilde key to escape, was looking around tmk keymap editor but just couldnt figure it out. Thanks

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1179 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 17:41:40 »
Hey i just built alps64 iso layout and was just wondering how to change tilde key to escape, was looking around tmk keymap editor but just couldnt figure it out. Thanks

what is your layout and where the "tilde" key is located physically?
And what charactor does the "tilde" key spit out when you press with default firmware?

Offline snufflecat

« Reply #1180 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 09:54:30 »
Hi again Hasu :) Any chance you have any PCBs and plates left for sale?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1181 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 22:42:29 »
Hi again Hasu :) Any chance you have any PCBs and plates left for sale?

yes, it is available in stock.

Offline RinoPog

« Reply #1182 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 13:28:01 »

And what charactor does the "tilde" key spit out when you press with default firmware?

Hey, sorry for not replying in a while, the tilde key i next to the number one, and it spits out ` when pressed.
So was wondering how to make that key be ESC by default, and how do i program a second layer with fn key ex. 1-9 numbers to be f1- f9 or fn+m to be delete.
Is there any tut or something simple?

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #1183 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 16:11:22 »

Hey, sorry for not replying in a while, the tilde key i next to the number one, and it spits out ` when pressed.
So was wondering how to make that key be ESC by default, and how do i program a second layer with fn key ex. 1-9 numbers to be f1- f9 or fn+m to be delete.

You can program hasu's pcb with the QMK configurator.

Offline RinoPog

« Reply #1184 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 11:59:24 »

Yea i am aware of that, just asking how to do it, is there a guide or smth

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1185 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 19:19:32 »

Yea i am aware of that, just asking how to do it, is there a guide or smth

Did you check first post? Just go to keymap editor to edit  and flash the firmware, I think you will know how it works after a few trial and error iterations.

Offline RinoPog

« Reply #1186 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 05:33:14 »
Hey more questions, was wondering does pcb support this layout - its Croatian ISO, so its not standard ISO ( esc is 1.25u, backspace is 1.75u, enter 1u etc etc) so if this layout is supported il get a new plate cut. There is also a pic of mine butchered alps64 since i didnt take this weird layout into account. Images here - https://imgur.com/a/zcuksSn

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1187 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 07:13:32 »
Hey more questions, was wondering does pcb support this layout - its Croatian ISO, so its not standard ISO ( esc is 1.25u, backspace is 1.75u, enter 1u etc etc) so if this layout is supported il get a new plate cut. There is also a pic of mine butchered alps64 since i didnt take this weird layout into account. Images here - https://imgur.com/a/zcuksSn

It is not supported.

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #1188 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 06:28:03 »
Just received my PCBs and laserboost brass plate. Very happy with both, excellent packaging and good quality :D Thanks Hasu!

Offline AllTheWayUp

Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps [Revised price]
« Reply #1189 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 04:49:49 »
I am assembling my ALPS64 rev.4 board and I am testing as I am putting in my diodes - actually I am doing them in batches, so I finished the last of them, and everything seems to work, except for d12/k12.  I tried replacing the diode at d12 and shorting across K12 - but that didn't work either.  If I short across K12 to d11, it works.

I am wondering if there is a way to add a jumper or another diode in some way to still make K12 work as it is supposed to?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1190 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 06:15:38 »
Rev.4? Where did you get from? I don't think it exists, revsions of my pcb are one of alphabets A-I, so far. That said, revision doesn't matter at all in this case.

If you can post photos to show how you make short-circuit between K12 and D11, it would be helpful. I guess one of traces is cut somewhere around there.

Offline AllTheWayUp

« Reply #1191 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 00:48:36 »
I apologize - it is revision H.  Not sure where I got 4 from either.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1192 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 01:10:32 »
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying it.

Rectangle pad of D12 cathode appears to break off completely. The D12 cathode should be connected to D11 cathode, you have to make jumper wire between them, as this pic shows.

Offline AllTheWayUp

« Reply #1193 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 06:31:20 »
AWESOME!

Thank you so much!

Offline AllTheWayUp

« Reply #1194 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 01:30:56 »
Alright, after assembling - the board still isn't working.  What can I do?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1195 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 02:40:20 »
Then, you need jumper between K12 left pad and D12 anode also, probably.

Offline AllTheWayUp

« Reply #1196 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 02:53:03 »
It works!  Thanks so much!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1197 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 02:55:22 »
now that's what i call customer support
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1198 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 23:33:01 »
flip gave me "AtLibUsbDfu.dll not found". I've selected ATmega32u2 and put the board in bootloader mode. but it gives me that error.

edit: im retarded, gotta install the atmega32u2 drivers first. so what you should do is, go into device manager, then select properties of the atmega32u2 WHILE IN DFU MODE. install drivers by going to wherever your atmel flip folder is, atmel/flip3.47/usb. select usb and the system should detect the driver needed for the chip.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2018, 23:42:44 by frosty »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1199 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 23:39:37 »
flip gave me "AtLibUsbDfu.dll not found". I've selected ATmega32u2 and put the board in bootloader mode. but it gives me that error.

troubleshoot section has solution for the exact problem.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki#flash-firmware