Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2774921 times)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 07:15:48 »
QFR with lubed 62g clears. It feels better than 65g because I don't get sore from typing after long periods of time.

Feels good, man.

Offline phatdood9

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 12:16:41 »
leopold fc500r reds, waiting for some 60%s to come in!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #452 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 13:21:59 »
QFR with lubed 62g clears. It feels better than 65g because I don't get sore from typing after long periods of time.

Feels good, man.

Strangely, I feel a lot less finger fatigue typing on stock Clears than either 62g or 65g ergo-Clears (I've used all 3).  Stock Clear springs are amazing--they give you light actuation force and then the force to bottoming out ramps up a lot.  So basically they result in a very cushiony typing experience, and it's very easy (for me anyway) to press just past the actuation point, then release and move on to the next key.  With 62 and 65g springs, it wasn't as easy to know when to stop quickly, and the switches felt a bit wobbly, taking longer to rebound.  Personally, I think stock springs are the perfect springs for Clears.  I've reverted my ergo-Clears to stock springs, and have 2 stock Clear keyboards in my household now (love both of them).

This is from a person who likes light switches, like Browns and lubed 62g vintage Blacks.

If anyone gets Clears and decides to mod them immediately to ergo-Clears--do try them stock first.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #453 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 13:33:27 »
****ty dell rubber dome piece of **** at work

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 22:18:37 »
I'm using IBM 3278 beam spring and Honeywell hall effect keypad.

Show Image

What would you need to get one of these to work with a pc?  Nice old school phone too btw. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline IMHB

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:33:29 »
currently using pokerX (blue/red)
but also use QFR Green, and Corsair K65 Black switches......

Offline exousia7

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:24:32 »
Got my hands on a Ducky 9087 G2 Pro with Cherry MX blue switches, along with side-printed ABS keycaps :D

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:26:50 »
CM Storm with blues
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:40:08 »
Model M.  October 1996 creation date.

Whackity-whackity-whackity....  Glorious. 

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:58:34 »
CM Storm QFR with Browns and 40A-R WASD o-rings. Though I slightly prefer the Cherry stabilizers of my previous Poker II, I am much more comfortable with the Storm's standard TKL layout. It's a solid board at regular price and an outstanding one when you can get it on sale as I did ($65 at Amazon w/2-day Prime shipping).

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 11:08:58 »
CM Storm QFR with Browns and 40A-R WASD o-rings.

Just wondering, if you don't bottom out, do the o-rings help?
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #461 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 11:12:41 »
Unmodified 91 SSK.... clicketyclicketyclick... spring boing clonk... all night long

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 12:14:01 »

In terms of noise? No, but I bottom out anyway so I need the o-rings for noise reduction. To hear yourself, go here and scroll down to the last video. They have regular and touch typing demos with Blue, Brown, and Black switches both with and without o-rings.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 13:00:10 »

In terms of noise? No, but I bottom out anyway so I need the o-rings for noise reduction. To hear yourself, go here and scroll down to the last video. They have regular and touch typing demos with Blue, Brown, and Black switches both with and without o-rings.

Don't mean noise (I use Blues, heh), I mean typing speed.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 13:11:11 »
For my heavy handed bottoming out style, I type a bit faster, albeit with a few more errors, with the o-rings than without. The reduction in noise more than offsets this, though obviously that's not an issue for you.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 22:02:15 »
For my heavy handed bottoming out style, I type a bit faster, albeit with a few more errors, with the o-rings than without. The reduction in noise more than offsets this, though obviously that's not an issue for you.
I see, thanks for that. I've learned that typing more lightly increases speed by more than I'd think and mitigates carpal tunnel symptoms, so I've just had to train myself to do that. I would like to try out o-rings on Browns and definitely Reds, but I couldn't justify the price because I don't use them a whole lot.

Offline Tony

« Reply #466 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:26:38 »
Right now I am typing on a Compaq MX 11800 brown, dated 1986. It's still working very well.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #467 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 20:32:31 »
currently typing with the keyboard on my new ThinkPad X230 (the one with the island keyboard), and I really really like it. I'd probably go so far as to say that it's the closest I'll ever get to a HHKB feel on a laptop integrated keyboard.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline frvrngn

« Reply #468 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 20:43:52 »
Topre Type Heaven or Matias Quiet Pro. Like both for different reasons, just depends on my mood at the time.
Currently using: Cherry G80-1800 Ergo Clears, HHKB Pro 2, RF 87U Silent

Offline giltyler

« Reply #469 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 20:45:49 »
RAZER Ultimate 2013
Love the feel and sound but I am twice as fast on my Laptop Samsung Island style with chicklet keys

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 20:47:04 »

Feels good, man.

62g lubed ergo clears = best cherry switch <3 i use the kbd 62g which is slightly lighter than the korean group buy and it works perrrrfectly ~

right now, i'm using 55g thorpe, which is best thorpe.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #471 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 21:00:47 »
Just got a HHKB. Now I feel like putting PBT keycaps on my Filco..
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #472 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 21:01:56 »
VesperSAINT, I love reading about your enthusiasm for ergo-Clears! :D  Even though I didn't like them on my Filco, I want to give them a try again on my LZ-GH, just in case I will appreciate them more in a very dampened heavy case.  Never say never is a rule I try to stick with.

Thick Cherry-profile PBT keycaps are my favorite by far, for almost every switch.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 October 2013, 21:03:39 by Photoelectric »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #473 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 21:19:15 »
VesperSAINT, I love reading about your enthusiasm for ergo-Clears! :D  Even though I didn't like them on my Filco, I want to give them a try again on my LZ-GH, just in case I will appreciate them more in a very dampened heavy case.  Never say never is a rule I try to stick with.

Thick Cherry-profile PBT keycaps are my favorite by far, for almost every switch.

Thankies ~ Yeah... I had my crazy ergo-clear phase where I went all out and did much research and experimenting with clear switches with a whole bunch of different combination of springs, lube, and no lube. After using the kbd 62g springs, krytox mix for stem, victorinox oil, my Filco hasn't changed to anything else. I have yet to try 55g and 65g, but I think 55g would be the only thing that my cause me to opening up my Filco again. 65g would be too stiff for a typing board imo, and the stiffer you go, the less tactility, and ergo clear is all about smooth tactility! I also think ergo clears only get better with more use and wear because it only gets smoother, but maybe i'm crazy.

And, I also agree with you that thick cherry-profile PBT keycaps are the best. The only other thing that comes close is GMK & original Cherry thick doubleshot keycaps.

Offline Larken

« Reply #474 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 22:51:30 »

Thankies ~ Yeah... I had my crazy ergo-clear phase where I went all out and did much research and experimenting with clear switches with a whole bunch of different combination of springs, lube, and no lube. After using the kbd 62g springs, krytox mix for stem, victorinox oil, my Filco hasn't changed to anything else. I have yet to try 55g and 65g, but I think 55g would be the only thing that my cause me to opening up my Filco again. 65g would be too stiff for a typing board imo, and the stiffer you go, the less tactility, and ergo clear is all about smooth tactility! I also think ergo clears only get better with more use and wear because it only gets smoother, but maybe i'm crazy.

And, I also agree with you that thick cherry-profile PBT keycaps are the best. The only other thing that comes close is GMK & original Cherry thick doubleshot keycaps.

55g ergo clears are awesome for a typing board. But I have a feeling that worn clear stems (meaning old one that's been in use for more than a while) really makes a difference for this. The brand new clear stems I'm using in another board doesn't feel quite as nice as those I harvested from a old cherry board - and I actually have 1-2 switches sticking with the new stems, even lubed.

One thing I'd say for 62g ergo clears though - it is really much quieter to use as it's easier not to bottom out on those. I'm pretty much dead silent on 62g while I thock away on 55g. But I saw your typing video on the other thread (very nice filco there by the way), and saw you bottom out anyway, so that doesn't really matter.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #475 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 22:56:44 »
My new 45g Topre Realforce 87u (courtesy of the BunnyLake raffle, kindly donated by goobus). It's my first topre board and I'm already itching to try out the 55g version. It really never ends does it  :))
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 23:41:33 »

55g ergo clears are awesome for a typing board. But I have a feeling that worn clear stems (meaning old one that's been in use for more than a while) really makes a difference for this. The brand new clear stems I'm using in another board doesn't feel quite as nice as those I harvested from a old cherry board - and I actually have 1-2 switches sticking with the new stems, even lubed.

One thing I'd say for 62g ergo clears though - it is really much quieter to use as it's easier not to bottom out on those. I'm pretty much dead silent on 62g while I thock away on 55g. But I saw your typing video on the other thread (very nice filco there by the way), and saw you bottom out anyway, so that doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the compliment on the Filco :) I put a lot of heart into it :P

Yeah, I've heard that 55g ergo clear is more tactile than 62g, which I think would make it an even better typing keyboard, but I guess I'll see because I think my current 62g is pretty much the perfect balance between tactility and weight. I can also float type but I personally find it more satisfying when bottoming out lightly :)) And yes, used clear stems are much smoother than brand new stems (as mentioned in previous post), which may be harder for some to believe, but it's kind of like the controversial vintage black phenomena. My clear switches were older and used when I got them, and they are magical compared to newer stems. I'd say that new clear stems would require at least black springs and lube to get them working consistently without sticking. I may buy a batch of new clear switches in the future and put them in my QFR which has a stainless steel custom plate (Filco has an aluminum custom plate), and compare it to my Filco in terms of difference in sound and feel.

I also agree with you that ergo clears are a very quiet switch, even when bottoming out, especially with Victorinox oil. Unfortunately, my video makes them out to be louder than they really are because the volume/sound is enhanced by my camera mic, which is very sensitive.

My new 45g Topre Realforce 87u (courtesy of the BunnyLake raffle, kindly donated by goobus). It's my first topre board and I'm already itching to try out the 55g version. It really never ends does it  :))

You really should try them out when you get the chance! I originally wanted to start my Topre experience with 55g but they have been out of stock for a long time, so I got a Leopold 660C. After that, I thought I was never going to need another Topre board because the 660C felt so good, but when I came across an opportunity for a 55g, I grabbed it, and I've never looked back ~ Yes, 45g Topre feels amazing, but 55g feels better, but that's just my opinion :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 October 2013, 23:45:19 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 01:14:03 »
You really should try them out when you get the chance! I originally wanted to start my Topre experience with 55g but they have been out of stock for a long time, so I got a Leopold 660C. After that, I thought I was never going to need another Topre board because the 660C felt so good, but when I came across an opportunity for a 55g, I grabbed it, and I've never looked back ~ Yes, 45g Topre feels amazing, but 55g feels better, but that's just my opinion :))

God damn hurry up and be back in stock already!
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #478 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 10:48:29 »
QF TK with Blues and medium-thick PBT caps! :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #479 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 10:53:44 »
Work: Still rocking the Filco MJ2 with Blues. A mix of Raindrop and Valentine's caps.

Home: SSK!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #480 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 11:21:53 »
Need to build another 'dox. Only have the two, need backups!

Offline teilo

« Reply #481 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 14:17:22 »
Home: Razer Black Widow Ultimate
Work: Type Heaven

Prefer the latter

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 20:27:56 »
Home: Razer Black Widow Ultimate
Work: Type Heaven

Prefer the latter

Truer words have not been spoken on a first post.
What a distinction between quality..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 20:39:43 »
siig minitouch with white alps that i want to destroy
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alosec

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 20:41:50 »
Leopold fc660c <3

Offline Sniping

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 20:43:18 »

You switched back to stock clears, any reason for that?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #486 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 20:45:22 »

You switched back to stock clears, any reason for that?

Stock Clears are best Clears  :thumb:

Offline PewMcDaddy

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 21:38:35 »
Home: Realforce ergonomically weighted for long programming.
           HHKB white for short programming
           Filco Majestouch TKL Blues for Starcraft
           Noppoo Mini with  browns for Starcraft when I'm on skype with someone
School : HHKB Black
Filco Majestouch TKL Cherry MX Blues
IBM Model M Spacesaver
Choc Noppoo Mini Cherry MX Browns
HHKB Pro 2 Black
HHKB Pro 2 White
REΛLFORCE 87U Ergonomically weighted
REΛLFORCE 87U Black 45g uniform
REΛLFORCE 87U White 55g uniform

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 21:50:14 »
Just switched from my Leopold FC660C (on Mac, work rig) to my FC600M (MX Clear) (PC- Gaming. ;) ) Love them both. ;)
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline PewMcDaddy

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 21:54:00 »
I was typing on a Noppoo but now I'm typing on the HHKB white that I have beside it. I want to comment about the ergonomic weighting on the realforce. At first I was disapointed because the lighter keys don't feel expensive (they feel great when typing, but they don't feel expensive which is not necessary but is still something you would like to have on a keyboard of that price) like the heavier topre keys. However, since I got the realforce board at the same time as the HHKB, I was excited about both and I found that I once started working on an assignment on the HHKB and I felt like getting on the realforce. So now I like it very much.

Another thing I was unsure about was the extra space above the F-keys on the Realforce board. I really lust after small keyboards so I was kind of wondering about that. When I took the keyboard out of the box, I instantly fell in love. I don't know why, maybe it gives it a more pleasing height:width ratio but that shape on the Realforce (TKL), but that extra space makes the keyboard absolutely sexy! Don't know why but I love it!

Filco Majestouch TKL Cherry MX Blues
IBM Model M Spacesaver
Choc Noppoo Mini Cherry MX Browns
HHKB Pro 2 Black
HHKB Pro 2 White
REΛLFORCE 87U Ergonomically weighted
REΛLFORCE 87U Black 45g uniform
REΛLFORCE 87U White 55g uniform

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #490 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 22:58:33 »
Another thing I was unsure about was the extra space above the F-keys on the Realforce board. I really lust after small keyboards so I was kind of wondering about that. When I took the keyboard out of the box, I instantly fell in love. I don't know why, maybe it gives it a more pleasing height:width ratio but that shape on the Realforce (TKL), but that extra space makes the keyboard absolutely sexy! Don't know why but I love it!

You, me, and every other Realforce owner feels the same way, dood. There's just something really sexy and beautiful about the large bezel at the top of a Realforce board. I know I wouldn't have mine any other way...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #491 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 23:04:37 »

Burn it with fire!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 23:38:10 »

Burn it with fire!

Soak it in acetone!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 23:56:24 »
I'm currently using a CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), but these are the main ones:

Laptop and Mobile use: Matias Mini Quiet Pro
Home & Gaming: CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown)
Work: Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown)

Kinda still trying to get accustomed to Matias Quiet switches (only been 2 weeks since I got it and barely had the time to use it properly), after using only MX Browns for a year and a half it just feels strange to have a very strong tactile feel when typing (I'm still making some minor mistakes), but overall I really did enjoy making the change.

I've tried Cherry MX Reds and Blacks over with other keyboards (seen on my signature) but honestly, neither of them really interested me much (especially the MX Red, which doesn't feels nice to type on), while the Matias switches just feel new and nice to me, they're very comfortable even if my fingers aren't still used to them.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 October 2013, 23:58:09 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #494 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 00:05:49 »
My newest keyboard is a Corsair k95 (MX red).

I see that many people say that reds arent nice for typing, but I dont see why not. As a programmer and non-gamer, I quite like the reds. Granted, Ive never gotten to try anything but red and blue.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #495 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 01:55:38 »

I see that many people say that reds arent nice for typing, but I dont see why not. As a programmer and non-gamer, I quite like the reds. Granted, Ive never gotten to try anything but red and blue.

How could one like a red for typing after experiencing a blue?  :p
Just kidding, love reds for typing, just not for speed, for comfort.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #496 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 13:59:42 »

How could one like a red for typing after experiencing a blue?  :p
Just kidding, love reds for typing, just not for speed, for comfort.

Technically you can type faster on reds because there's no resistance/bump to overcome.  Especially reds with o-rings.  Blues are fun, but reds or blacks with lighter springs + o-rings are cushiony and soft, and you can type fast on them.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #497 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 14:13:27 »
I'm using a dolch android keyboard

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #498 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 14:39:20 »
I'm using a dolch android keyboard

why didn't I realise this before with Android?!
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #499 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:28:42 »
I was switching between my Unicomp and HHKB for desk use at home, but now I'm 100% HHKB for home and internship and my Filco Minila for laptop use.

Life is good.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!