Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2774916 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #800 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 19:38:15 »
Far from confirmation, I feel like ducky would use that as a selling point if it was true..

All I can say is that the Blues feel more like Greens. Even when I swapped out the thick PBT, it felt quite heavy compared to my very frequently used TK.

I really don't think lube would make blues feel like greens and just because switches feel smooth to one person doesn't mean ducky lubed anything lol

lube makes a switch feel heavier now?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #801 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 20:06:22 »
Far from confirmation, I feel like ducky would use that as a selling point if it was true..

All I can say is that the Blues feel more like Greens. Even when I swapped out the thick PBT, it felt quite heavy compared to my very frequently used TK.

I really don't think lube would make blues feel like greens and just because switches feel smooth to one person doesn't mean ducky lubed anything lol

Wouldn't it be the other way around - lubing green switches would make them smoother and perhaps a little more like blues?

Unless it was a really thick heavy lube that dampened the blue to make it feel like a green?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline johndavis33

« Reply #802 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:24:32 »
My ducky 9008g2 pro. Greens with pbt caps and leprosy. My favorite board
HAVE AND WILL KEEP: HHKB - Printed white | Ducky Banana edition - Whites | Model M13 | Unidentified Goodwill keyboard - Simplified black ALPS
TOO BE SOLD: TG3 BL82 - Clears | Wheelwrite 5 - Buckling Springs typewriter
SOLD: Rosewill RK9000 - Blacks | QFR - Blues | Ducky G2 Pro - Greens |
IT WILL BE MINE: Northgate Omnikey - White ALPS

Offline Idarzoid

« Reply #803 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 10:58:53 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 19:25:06 by Idarzoid »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #804 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 11:00:44 »
SSK at the moment and all I have to say is meh.

My Filco will be going back on the desk, don't think buckling spring is my thing really.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #805 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 16:32:16 »
SSK at the moment and all I have to say is meh.

My Filco will be going back on the desk, don't think buckling spring is my thing really.

Unless BS really aren't your thing, this could be a SSK in dire need of a bolt mod.

I have two Model M, one is firm and consistent, the other one feels loose and inconsistent across the board.

The loose one I know has lost at least a dozen plastic rivet heads, so that one needs a bolt mod.

The other one there is nothing rattling, and I haven't needed to take it apart, but I'm guessing that the plastic rivets are still holding it well.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #806 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:47:16 »
Away from home so I'm now using Swype on my phone for a week :P

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #807 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:09:07 »
My weapon of choice.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #808 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:15:45 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

Yellow ... looks good :D

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #809 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:20:21 »
So happy to have finally been giving my noppoo choc mini. :p

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #810 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:30:36 »
Finally got my first mech today, a Ducky Shine 3. Lovin' it so far.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline Snigeln

« Reply #811 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:13:12 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

That is f**king beautiful!
HHKB Pro JP Ducky Mini Ducky G2Pro

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #812 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:16:21 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

lovin the blue caps

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #813 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:20:21 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

lovin the blue caps
They are actually black :P , my monitor reflected off the keycaps. I spent a good month deciding if I wanted the blue or black legends, and I decided black because I didn't want two shades of blue.

My weapon of choice.
Show Image

IKR, 4x larger letters and numbers with high contrast colors! :D

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #814 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:26:51 »
Just got a Filco Majestouch 2 with reds today! It's my fourth mech, but my first Filco. I really like the solid feel of the board, however, I can't stand the reds for typing. I'm just gonna use it for gaming.  :-*

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #815 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:36:49 »
My brand new HHKB  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #816 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 21:21:32 »
My brand new HHKB  ;D

What else? :)

Do you like it?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #817 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 22:11:53 »
QFR with greeeeeeeeens

I think that they're too stiff, so I'm gonna put 45g (That's all I have on hand) springs in them. That might be too light though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #818 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 22:21:21 »
QFR with greeeeeeeeens

I think that they're too stiff, so I'm gonna put 45g (That's all I have on hand) springs in them. That might be too light though.

but then its just a qfr with ghetto blues

Offline Snigeln

« Reply #819 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 22:33:15 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

Where can I get a set?! The other board is pretty as well, I hardly noticed it the first time ;)

Oh, I'm using my HHKB JP, effin love it!

Offline audioave10

« Reply #820 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 10:58:44 »
I use a Cherry G80-3000 with Blues. Its not a heavy build quality, but it still works well and is comfortable.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #821 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 11:01:33 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

Where can I get a set?! The other board is pretty as well, I hardly noticed it the first time ;)

You can't get a set :P It's an EZ EYES rubber dome keyboard my friend got for me as a gag gift, he told me it was a ducky shine.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #822 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 11:05:53 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

You can't get a set :P It's an EZ EYES rubber dome keyboard my friend got for me as a gag gift, he told me it was a ducky shine.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=26

Close enough, right? :P It's actually mechanical too! haha.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Snigeln

« Reply #823 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 11:25:42 »
My weapon of choice.
Show Image

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=26
Show Image

Close enough, right? :P It's actually mechanical too! haha.

Haha, that actually looks kinda nice, the yellow one was more "I want one because it's so ugly"-nice

Would be good for old people, I guess :rolleyes:

Offline tgujay

« Reply #824 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 10:13:23 »
QFR with greeeeeeeeens

That's dumb.
Gotta collect them all

Offline moonexe

« Reply #825 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 11:38:37 »

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout

Offline adion227

« Reply #826 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 16:44:55 »
Now using a ducky shine 3 blue switches and loving it so far. Switched from a QFR red switch

Offline jabar

« Reply #827 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 18:39:11 »
Been using my Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8, MX Browns, Purple LEDs with a custom white painted top. Probably my favorite, consistent keyboard.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #828 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 19:10:09 »
Been using my Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8, MX Browns, Purple LEDs with a custom white painted top. Probably my favorite, consistent keyboard.

You like browns more than ergo clears? :eek:
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline moonexe

« Reply #829 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 10:12:06 »
This thing with my iPad... At least it does a better job than the on-screen keyboard. :rolleyes:

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #830 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 12:39:20 »
my poker II with blues and vintage dye sub keycaps. the moogle kit is in the mail
shout out to feng for the nice ds esc key and the cherry sticker.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #831 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 12:44:37 »
my poker II with blues and vintage dye sub keycaps. the moogle kit is in the mail

Show Image

Show Image

That wrist wrest is awesome.
Gotta collect them all

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #832 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 12:46:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Is it a wrist wrest or a wrist pillow? Haha! Just joking.

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #833 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 12:58:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is it a wrist wrest or a wrist pillow? Haha! Just joking.

you can make a wrist rest like that really quick with some stuff that almost every one has at home.
http://imgur.com/a/lgb2b

Offline Blusey

« Reply #834 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:25:13 »
Ducky Shine 2 TKL, MX Blues. Got it from another GHer at i-Series in the UK, still no idea who he is though :P

Offline DarkIrish

« Reply #835 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:26:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Where does one get those cherry stickers from?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #836 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:33:42 »
Using my filco, this is pretty much my daily keyboard. I give the vortex case a 8.5 out of 10, it has some flaws but nothing that wasn't a big problem.

Mini review because why not:
The only cons were I needed to remove the plastic LED standoffs and just straight solder the leds to get the top piece to fit, there is some very slight signs of CNC milling near the esc key and a tiny inconsistency in the anodizing near the spacebar(both of which are only visible from under 3 inches away I would say). Design wise I think its great, the stock angle without the feet is perfect for me, only downside to their design is the somewhat large gap between the top on bottom case but it doesn't bother me one bit.

Overall it's great, if I was okay with a grey color I would probably just bought a KMAC but the thought (and cost) of getting a KMAC and then hunting down a place to reanodize it blue wasn't the most fun sounding thing to me.

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #837 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:35:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Where does one get those cherry stickers from?

geek_feng sells them on ebay.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #838 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:40:52 »
My dream board is almost done. It's a custom Topre I've been working on for almost 3 years and it's full of win. Pictures to follow soon.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #839 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:42:16 »
My dream board is almost done. It's a custom Topre I've been working on for almost 3 years and it's full of win. Pictures to follow soon.

Oh boy oh boy
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #840 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:47:34 »

Oh boy oh boy

I feel bad that I still have other "responsibilities" I have to finish up before I start posting this stuff. Gotta get my priorities in line.

Regarding the Topre board, I've learned quite a bit about several of the boards construction in the process. You really have to admire how well the Realforce TKL's were built.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #841 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 13:50:18 »
Using my filco, this is pretty much my daily keyboard. I give the vortex case a 8.5 out of 10, it has some flaws but nothing that wasn't a big problem.
Show Image

Mini review because why not:
The only cons were I needed to remove the plastic LED standoffs and just straight solder the leds to get the top piece to fit, there is some very slight signs of CNC milling near the esc key and a tiny inconsistency in the anodizing near the spacebar(both of which are only visible from under 3 inches away I would say). Design wise I think its great, the stock angle without the feet is perfect for me, only downside to their design is the somewhat large gap between the top on bottom case but it doesn't bother me one bit.

Overall it's great, if I was okay with a grey color I would probably just bought a KMAC but the thought (and cost) of getting a KMAC and then hunting down a place to reanodize it blue wasn't the most fun sounding thing to me.

I think it looks amazing! I absolutely love the color! I would grab one for the looks but the small drawbacks you mentioned would kill me inside slowly :( looks great tho.

O_o wut dis. I shall look forward to this with great anticipation!

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #842 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 14:00:27 »

Oh boy oh boy

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #843 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 14:40:38 »
cooler master qfr with ghetto greens i got from hpe1000

he did a great job............tight, awesome board
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #844 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 16:54:49 »
Ducky Shine 3 White LEDs + Cherry MX Browns.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline Ewanhen

« Reply #845 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 18:07:35 »
Realforce 88ub 45g
Black on Charcoal colour.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #846 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 19:56:13 »
Realforce 88ub 45g
Black on Charcoal colour.

Hooray another topre fan

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline jabar

« Reply #847 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 21:29:48 »

I don't use my ergo clear board because it was shipped with a broken ESC switch. Didn't get a response from the shipper to fix it and haven't followed up since.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #848 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 18:30:32 »
that

I don't use my ergo clear board because it was shipped with a broken ESC switch. Didn't get a response from the shipper to fix it and haven't followed up since.

That's a shame...What's so special about clears and ergo clears?
I heard that the WASD code was quickly sold out in clears because it was so rare or something? Like what are clears similar to?

Currently using a DS3 YOTS in blues...looking to get a RF 87U 55G, I hope that it's a bit more heavy in force required than blues.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #849 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 08:18:49 »
that

That's a shame...What's so special about clears and ergo clears?
I heard that the WASD code was quickly sold out in clears because it was so rare or something? Like what are clears similar to?

Currently using a DS3 YOTS in blues...looking to get a RF 87U 55G, I hope that it's a bit more heavy in force required than blues.

Clears are very tactile and not clicky.  Kind of like MX Green without the click, or MX Browns with more tactility and a heavier spring.  If you have some Blacks and Browns you can make kind of like a ghetto Clear.
Gotta collect them all