Author Topic: [IC] GMK Alchemy - GB on May 15th. Vendor prices added + Rama cap coming!  (Read 18570 times)

Offline Alchemist Keyboards

• Alchemist Keyboards
GB NOW LIVE!

AKB Website
AKB Instagram
AKB Discord

INTEREST CHECK FORM

PRICING:
Prices being updated as they come in

“You are an alchemist; make gold of that. - William Shakespeare

Much like a modern alchemist, the Alchemy colourway was first brought to us in DSA profile from our fellow UK brethren Chris Swires (famed for his two-tone table setup and a penchant for 40% boards), when he took a simple idea and created gold with it. When Chris reached out to us and gave us his blessing, we took advantage of this serendipitous opportunity to run our namesake keyset in GMK profile.

As we now propose to run this set in GMK profile, and cannot use SP’s colour codes exactly, we will be matching the actual SP chips with the closest alternative RAL colours.

The colourway itself is composed of cool grey and beige tones representing base metals, a gold accent representing every alchemist’s primary goal, and warm brown legends representing the base element of earth to provide a stark contrast.

Quoting Swires himself: “The idea of the base combination is to provide a foreground backdrop to any board it's placed upon, the subtlety of the base allows the board to be the star of the show rather than the set itself. It's an accent piece, visual alchemy. The idea evolved from there.”

The previous IC was mistakenly deleted, but if you want to view the old kits for the sake of comparison please see here: https://imgur.com/a/m5tXqYj

The IC for Alchemy was originally posted in 2019 and after the project largely being dormant throughout 2020 we have recently wiped the slate clean and re-done the kitting entirely. Information has been updated accordingly below.

The proposed kits:
(Subject to interest - not all kits may run)

Base kit:

The base kit covers all of your standard layouts, while also including accents and a few cheeky text novelties.

Apprentice kit (40’s):

Not forgetting our 40's brethren, this kit includes the relevant keys to cover most 40% boards including the necessary shorty bars.

Essence kit (spacebars):

A comprehensive spacebar kit for all you accent lovers. Good for ortho, full size and everything in-between.

High alchemy kit (novelties):

A varied selection of keys with alchemical symbols, ranging from the four base elements to precious metals. These deliberately agnostic legends can be used wherever you like.

Deskmats:
More

Deskmat designs courtesy of OneCreativeMind.

All-seeing Dark

All-seeing Light

Ideographic

Changes roundup:
More
Base kit:

Changed:
  • Changed legends for overall consistency. All legends that were previously over two lines are now on a single line. 'Print Screen' to 'Print', for example.
  • Changed out 'Win' keys for 'Super'.
  • ’Enter’ legends changed to ‘Return’.
  • Moved second 'B' from spacebar kit to base.
  • Changed accent enter legends to 'transmute' text novelties.
  • Changed ISO enters from text + icon to text only.

Added:
  • Mod-coloured tilde
  • Mod-coloured pipe
  • F13
  • 2u shift
  • An extra 2.25u shift
  • ’Alc’ R1 novelty
  • R1 End
  • R1 Pg Dn
  • R2 Pg Up
  • R3 Pg Dn

Removed:
  • Non-homing Num5
  • Num00
  • Second R1 Home
  • R3 Pg Up
  • R4 Pg Dn
  • Accented Esc

Apprentice Kit (40’s):

Added:
  • R3 1u Enter
  • R3 1.25u Enter
  • R3 Esc
  • R4 1.5u Shift
  • 2 x 3u spacebars

Removed:
  • Accent keys
  • 1 x R4 1u Enter
  • Both 1.75u spacebars

Essence Kit (Spacebars):

Changed:
  • Now all accent coloured
Removed:
  • Second B
  • 1.25u Space

High Alchemy Kit (Novelties):

Removed:
  • R1 AKB logo cap
  • Mod-coloured Alc and Transmute Enters
  • Moved accent Alc and Transmute into base
Added:
  • Everything else

Render gallery:

J-02 by Proto[Typist]
More

Adélie by Abec13
More

Jane by TGR
More

Aella by AKB (coming soon)
More

OGR by AKB (coming soon)
More

Vendors:

With thanks and gratitude to:
  • Chris Swires for his blessing in running this set in a different profile.
  • Jae and Upas for believing in this set and helping it through to GB.
  • UB for his help with the renders in the original IC.
  • NathanAlphaMan for help with kitting, and all the renders seen above.
  • OneCreativeMind for his work on the deskmat designs.

INTEREST CHECK FORM
All feedback will be taken into consideration, but all changes have been made largely based on the feedback of our previous IC.

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 May 2021, 07:50:59 by Alchemist Keyboards »

• Alchemist Keyboards
Re: [IC] GMK Alchemy - GB coming May 15th. Prices being added shortly!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:50:09 »
Updates:
  • 19/04/21 - Mykeyboard added as EU vendor
  • 29/04/21 - Pricing for CannonKeys and Mykeyboard added. Rama cap coming very soon.
  • 30/04/21 - Proto[Typist] pricing added
  • 06/05/21 - Added all other vendor pricing. Sorting Rama cap
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 05:58:26 by Alchemist Keyboards »

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:57:25 »
I like posting multiple IC's for the same set

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:57:37 »
Finally  :thumb:

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:57:43 »
At last! Chooo choooo hype train!!

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 17:03:58 »
I like it. Love the deskmats :thumb:

• Alchemist Keyboards
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 17:04:55 »
I like it. Love the deskmats :thumb:

Noticed that a minute too late...fixed now

Offline dallman5

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 17:08:14 »
great set! glad to see its back on the menu

my biggest critique before, and its still the same here, is that i think icon+text mods would look far better
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 20:23:55 »

my biggest critique before, and its still the same here, is that i think icon+text mods would look far better

+1, +1, very very nice colorway but would look classier with icon+text imo.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline haystack

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 20:42:45 »
Text mods are best mods.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 00:59:13 »
feel like I have been following this for ages, nice to see it still moving. Prefer text+icon mods but I kinda like text only here with the theme.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Bleddyn

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 03:04:28 »
feel like I have been following this for ages, nice to see it still moving. Prefer text+icon mods but I kinda like text only here with the theme.

+1, +1, very very nice colorway but would look classier with icon+text imo.

We do understand the love for text+ icon trust us, but Text only suits the set in this regard with its history and the theme. Thank you for the interest and showing appreciation after so long, its been a bumpy road but we're getting to the end of it now!

Offline andreiborisov

[IC] GMK Alchemy - GB coming May 15th. Prices being added shortly!
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 06:05:57 »
Consider supporting 7U bottom row for Mac users by adding two 1.5U Super and second 1U Alt in the base

Offline Gnome

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 07:08:04 »
Nicely done IC with good kitting. Colors aren't for me but big respect for sticking to text mods because you feel it fits the theme better.
Text novelties in base are a nice touch. Good luck :thumb:

Offline Bleddyn

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:21:14 »
Nicely done IC with good kitting. Colors aren't for me but big respect for sticking to text mods because you feel it fits the theme better.
Text novelties in base are a nice touch. Good luck :thumb:

Appreciate the feedback! I felt the text novs in base really were a key part of the set and to have them relegated to a child kit wouldn't really do the vision justice and also meant that more people will get to enjoy them should they wish.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 23:04:26 »
Love this set. Really wish there were text + icon mods though...
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 23:47:06 by MoarCoffeePlzzz »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 06:21:24 »
Love it and have been waiting for this to start.  Good luck James with this.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 08:08:36 »
I personally prefer icon only mods. But I agree that icons + text mods are better than text mods. Please reconsider.

Also, is it possible to add R3 pgup and R4 pgdn somewhere? If it can’t fit the base, either in the space or the 40s kits? Thanks.

Offline zedbraxmen

• Sheesh
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 21:04:59 »
Great set and great kitting!

HHKB Kei | Constellation

Offline xis

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 01:07:22 »
Great looking set - good luck with sale

• Alchemist Keyboards
Updated with CK and MyKB pricing + Rama cap currently in the works!

• Alchemist Keyboards
Updated with more vendor pricing
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 May 2021, 06:50:56 by Alchemist Keyboards »

• Alchemist Keyboards
All vendor kit prices added - Rama to come v soon!

Offline maisiech

I absolutely love the way the yellow looks with the burgundy and grey! Amazing job!!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Love everything about this set and a special thank you for UK ISO in the base kit.  It would look great on an original WYSE terminal keyboard.  I might plan a retro build like that.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black