Author Topic: $40 shipped, Evolution-style board, white alps?  (Read 3125 times)

Offline wellington1869

$40 shipped, Evolution-style board, white alps?
« on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:27:05 »
This looks a lot like an Evolution with White Alps. If it is, $40 shipped seems pretty good!

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:35:10 »
It looks Evolution-like, but it's not.  It is an ergo 'board with white Alps, though.  I think I am going to pass on this one, though, as it looks a little worse for wear.  I am shooting for another brand new Evolution this Xmas.  I do like the layout of this 'board better as the page-navigation cluster and the arrows are in the normal location (instead of between the split like the Evolution).

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:41:10 »
Quote from: itlnstln;11790
It looks Evolution-like, but it's not.  It is an ergo 'board with white Alps, though.  I think I am going to pass on this one, though, as it looks a little worse for wear.  I am shooting for another brand new Evolution this Xmas.  I do like the layout of this 'board better as the page-navigation cluster and the arrows are in the normal location (instead of between the split like the Evolution).

you dont like the cursor keys in the middle?  Isnt that more ergo though?  also shorter reach for the mouse?

Brand new evo? They still make those?

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:47:50 »
Trust me, when you have used the arrow keys/page nav cluster in its normal locatoin for years, having them placed elsewhere is very jarring.  They don't make Evos anymore, but new ones do exist. ;)  If anyone is very interested in the Evo, I will gladly share where to get new ones (it's also in a few posts on the boards).  Since my source has only about 10 left, I want to make sure I get one before they run out.  I won't be able to afford another for a few weeks at least due to the Holidays, so I hope there is still one in stock when go to buy it.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:53:53 »
Djones had one for sale (almost brand new), but I missed out.  Someone snatched it up already.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:53:53 »
Quote from: itlnstln;11792
Trust me, when you have used the arrow keys/page nav cluster in its normal locatoin for years, having them placed elsewhere is very jarring.  They don't make Evos anymore, but new ones do exist. ;)  If anyone is very interested in the Evo, I will gladly share where to get new ones (it's also in a few posts on the boards).  Since my source has only about 10 left, I want to make sure I get one before they run out.  I won't be able to afford another for a few weeks at least due to the Holidays, so I hope there is still one in stock when go to buy it.

You should definitely guard the source until you get yours ;)
How much do new ones go for? About $150 I'd guess?

When I do eventually get my white alps board I was leaning towards the siig minitouch spacesaver model (there are a few out there with alps, I believe).

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:54:31 »
Quote from: itlnstln;11793
Djones had one for sale (almost brand new), but I missed out.  Someone snatched it up already.

Ya that one sold right away. For $55 I think.

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:56:38 »
If I ever find a source of M15s that's reliable and cheap, I'm going to buy two (depending on how cheap they are.)

The first one is to be put into storage immediately. If I ever develop an RSI, it comes out of storage.

The second one is to be sold on eBay, at crazy eBay market values. :p

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 16:59:26 »
I was going to buy it if it was still available in couple of weeks, but now I am going to have to wait and buy a new one.  Dmw has one he said he didn't like, but I have not heard from him if he would like to sell it.  I just want to get another for a backup.  With a dearth of (affordable) mechanical ergo 'boards available, I would hate for my Evolution to break and not have a backup or another option.  There is the DataDesk Smartboard, but I heard there were reliability issues with it.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 19 November 2008, 17:00:24 »
If I could get ahold of 2 m15s I would be set for life.  One for use, one for backup.