Author Topic: KatzenKinder Capworks: (O v O ")  (Read 432404 times)

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
Re: KatzenKinder Capworks - [LIMBO] Posters / Stickers / Pinkenta
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:42:39 »

Good news - made more caps! Bad news - just broke the stem of AXOL mold as well...   :-[

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: KatzenKinder Capworks - [RIP Molds]
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 23:25:17 »
Good news - made more caps! Bad news - just broke the stem of AXOL mold as well...   :-[

Oh no! so what does breaking your mold mean? do you have the original masters to reproduce the molds?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 00:14:19 »
Show Image

NOOOOOOO!

RIP IN PIECE AXOL  :'(

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 00:36:37 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *fixes it somehow*

Dem clear/purple caps though.

Must somehow get Axol now.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 01:01:30 »

Oh no! so what does breaking your mold mean? do you have the original masters to reproduce the molds?

I cast the masters w/o baking the polymer clay 'cause I wasn't thinking that far ahead. So the AXOL would have to be re-cast from an AXOL cap. Dunno if I have a really good quality one though, I'll have to take a look at what I've got right now. Only the stem broke though, so theoretically I could just put a cap back in the mold and then cast the base again. Might be a little loose or something, I don't know.

What happens is the stem of the mold gets caught in the base of the cap, and just rips off. Seems to happen to every one of my molds at some point towards the end of their lifespan, so I'll probably go ahead and invest in some mold release in the near future so that this happens less often.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 04:20:21 »
If it's just the stem part of a two part mold you shouldn't you be able to cast a new one and if it's "loose" you will just land up with a slightly thicker/taller cap?  Just make sure it's level and all should be good... *note: I have no experience in cap making, it's worth asking someone who has*

I really hope you can save it, I've wanted a smily AXOL since I first saw him but that was the last sale and it was at a bad time for us Europeans.  Hope I haven't missed my last chance :'(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 04:41:10 »

If it's just the stem part of a two part mold you shouldn't you be able to cast a new one and if it's "loose" you will just land up with a slightly thicker/taller cap?  Just make sure it's level and all should be good... *note: I have no experience in cap making, it's worth asking someone who has*

I really hope you can save it, I've wanted a smily AXOL since I first saw him but that was the last sale and it was at a bad time for us Europeans.  Hope I haven't missed my last chance :'(

I've done it before with both the Cherry profile and Topre blanks (because the first take of the stems didn't work out), which ended up having some blemishes that are recreated in the casts. The walls have these markings on them that are somewhat noticeable, pretty frustrating honestly.

Worst case he'll have to be updated :v

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 10:09:08 »

I've done it before with both the Cherry profile and Topre blanks (because the first take of the stems didn't work out), which ended up having some blemishes that are recreated in the casts. The walls have these markings on them that are somewhat noticeable, pretty frustrating honestly.

Worst case he'll have to be updated :v

Well, I think my v1 AXOL wouldn't be upset if he got a v2 brother.  :))

Offline drewba

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 11:21:52 »
Show Image

Looks good! I need that purple...

Sorry to hear about the mold, that's bad for everyone.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:24:04 »
Bad news - just broke the stem of AXOL mold as well...   :-[

Damn dude... you had a rough night. Maybe you should put the pressure pot down until you're more level-headed :p.

That purple is gorgeous though, so progress is coming along nicely!

I have a well-cast AXOL and BB V3 at home. I can post pics tonight or tomorrow and if the outcome is good enough that you can use them to restore the original molds, I'd be more than happy to send it to you temporarily :).
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:42:42 »

Damn dude... you had a rough night. Maybe you should put the pressure pot down until you're more level-headed :p.

I have a well-cast AXOL and BB V3 at home. I can post pics tonight or tomorrow and if the outcome is good enough that you can use them to restore the original molds, I'd be more than happy to send it to you temporarily :).

I think it happens to all my molds eventually, I'm always very tender and loving with my materials hehe.

I don't even have pressure pot yet! Once I get one set up I will be next keycap bonjwa :v

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:44:45 »

I think it happens to all my molds eventually, I'm always very tender and loving with my materials hehe.

I don't even have pressure pot yet! Once I get one set up I will be next keycap bonjwa :v

So I assume Bro is the current bonjwa and Clack was basically BoxeR?

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:48:20 »

I wonder who is Savior in this analogy...

DRAMA PLS

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:20:45 »

Damn dude... you had a rough night. Maybe you should put the pressure pot down until you're more level-headed .

DRAMA PLS

So, Bro is Flash then if he's the current bonjwa? Maybe he becomes Savior when the next bonjwa is born? Which would be Krytone or martin, most likely.

This is way to much fun...
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:45:01 »

Damn dude... you had a rough night. Maybe you should put the pressure pot down until you're more level-headed .

DRAMA PLS

So, Bro is Flash then if he's the current bonjwa? Maybe he becomes Savior when the next bonjwa is born? Which would be Krytone or martin, most likely.

I really wish FlaSh could find more success in SC2. For a while it looked like he and Jaedong were both on the rise to become championship caliber in HotS, but it never really panned out except for JD's single tourney victory (don't remember which it was).

Sometimes I feel like Martin doesn't get the respect he deserves despite the high quality of his caps. Maybe it's that they're more easily available, or that his caps just aren't as iconic. Dunno really, though I have to say when I got my Raven cap from him it was a lot lighter than I hoped it would be, doesn't have that same weight to it that others do. Feels a little flimsy comparatively.

Offline Johan

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:14:46 »

DRAMA PLS

I really wish FlaSh could find more success in SC2. For a while it looked like he and Jaedong were both on the rise to become championship caliber in HotS, but it never really panned out except for JD's single tourney victory (don't remember which it was).

Sometimes I feel like Martin doesn't get the respect he deserves despite the high quality of his caps. Maybe it's that they're more easily available, or that his caps just aren't as iconic. Dunno really, though I have to say when I got my Raven cap from him it was a lot lighter than I hoped it would be, doesn't have that same weight to it that others do. Feels a little flimsy comparatively.

The atm best zerg recently joined KT, hopefully he'll get into somewhat shape. Also if you make sc themed caps Kreygasm
Uh, stuff.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:16:45 »

DRAMA PLS

The atm best zerg recently joined KT, hopefully he'll get into somewhat shape. Also if you make sc themed caps Kreygasm

You talking about Life? Bomber was the first player I ever really followed so I fell in love with Startale, it's a shame that Parting, Life and Bomber have all left... T.T

Offline Johan

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:21:22 »

DRAMA PLS

You talking about Life? Bomber was the first player I ever really followed so I fell in love with Startale, it's a shame that Parting, Life and Bomber have all left... T.T

Yep, 2012 startale was the **** and remains my all time favorite team. They still have a few doods that I like on there, namely Pet, Curious, Hack and aLive.
Uh, stuff.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 16:52:21 »

TOPRE

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:03:36 »
Show Image

TOPRE

Those colors... Looking sweet Katz!  =)

Show Image

NOOOOOOO!

RIP IN PIECE AXOL  :'(

NOOOOO... AXOL!   :eek:

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:18:07 »
Show Image

Nooooooooo,  and I was waiting so patiently for AXOL to join my beardy  man!! RIP...

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:06:35 »
Wow, sorry to hear about your mold ;(

I need at least one of these purple blanks in my life at some point tho.. in mx :D

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:33:57 »
Quick ****ty phone pic since i won't have time till the weekend to take better pics....

My adorable AXOL and blank from the giveaway!

Thanks so much Katzin!!!!!!!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:45:07 »
Quick ****ty phone pic since i won't have time till the weekend to take better pics....

Show Image

*grabby hands at AXOL* Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant.
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:52:28 »
It wasn't much but i really enjoy the EvoSpec....art? on the package! this will be in a lot of shoots from now on =)
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:53:16 »

Show Image

Nice shot of the rare, protected AXOL species in its natural habitat!  :thumb:
Sweet wildlife photography Evo! How did you get so close without scaring him of? Ghillie suit? xD

Would love to see more pics! Thx for sharing! =)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:04:01 »

Show Image

Sweet wildlife photography Evo! How did you get so close without scaring him of? Ghillie suit? xD

Some call me the AXOL whisperer, or because my naked body blends in with perfectly with my leather chair =)

I hope to get some shots with my DSLR soon but i'm pretty damn busy this week.....
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:15:07 »

Show Image

Some call me the AXOL whisperer, or because my naked body blends in with perfectly with my leather chair =)

I hope to get some shots with my DSLR soon but i'm pretty damn busy this week.....

I see Evo!
So you shall be referred to as the AXOL Whisperer from now on! =)

I wonder I ever get lucky enough to get an AXOL in front of my lens, they're so rare over here...
Maybe I should take my chair outside and give the naked body blend in technique a try and see if I can catch one on camera, great tip! xD

More pictures would be awesome! But take your time Evo, no rush!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:16:48 »
Maybe I should take my chair outside and give the naked body blend in technique a try and see if I can catch one on camera, great tip! xD

Yes, you will definitely have a much better chance if you do it outside and possibly yell at kids across the street to get off your lawn.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:23:52 »

Yes, you will definitely have a much better chance if you do it outside and possibly yell at kids across the street to get off your lawn.

Oh those pictures in my head... xD
I dare someone to make an more in depth tutorial on this with some smexy behind the scenes footage!  :thumb:

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:18:49 »

Oh those pictures in my head... xD
I dare someone to make an more in depth tutorial on this with some smexy behind the scenes footage!  :thumb:

This is why we have decency laws or something :v

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 23:54:49 »

I'm confused by your statement Katzen?!

Sorry if we took the joke a bit over the top, but it started of as a simple AXOL wild life photography reference...  :-[

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 23:55:37 »

Sorry if we took the joke a bit over the top, but it started of as a simple AXOL wild life photography reference...  :-[

lol I'm jokes, y'all were joke about exposing yourself in public haha

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #333 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 00:01:21 »

Alright Katz!  :)

I was honestly worried we might have upset you...  :eek:
I would be really sorry if we did  :-*

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 01:01:31 »

Alright Katz!  :)

I was honestly worried we might have upset you...  :eek:
I would be really sorry if we did  :-*

I'm never mad :)

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 01:22:54 »
:)

Is AXOL still endangered btw Katz, or has he already been cured by the mold whisperer? xD
Wait, will he be updated?  Evolution? :eek:

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 01:28:08 »

Show Image

I'm never mad :)

We're all mad here.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 01:44:20 »
:)

Show Image

Is AXOL still endangered btw Katz, or has he already been cured by the mold whisperer? xD
Wait, will he be updated?  Evolution? :eek:

mmm... not yet. If I had to guess, I'd project by end of summer.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 09:01:33 »
Sorry to hear about your molds, but I think your blanks look great too!  Any plans to make blanks to sell?  I hear that blanks aren't as much fun to make tho >_>

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 09:05:35 »
Got a little time to take pictures tonight, I hope to shoot these in my usual spot this weekend.

Thank you Katz, These are amazing!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Johan

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 14:07:42 »
Great pictures Evo! I need to get a Axol...
Uh, stuff.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #341 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:27:39 »
Got a little time to take pictures tonight, I hope to shoot these in my usual spot this weekend.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you Katz, These are amazing!

The Axol Whisperer strikes again!   :)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 02:32:52 »

The Axol Whisperer strikes again!   :)

I got lucky with this one, he happened to come across my camera's path while I was setup on the tripod.
I was able to capture him doing what AXOL's do but when he was about to leave I was able to keep him for a little longer with some food that I had.
That's when I was able to get him to lay down for the last profile shot.

It was a good day. Hope I get to seem some of his friends, though I hear his kind may be extinct but there might be a new species that that's very close.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 18:20:08 »

New, blemish-free cherry profile esc mold results.

Unfortunately I botched the stem so it sits a wee bit high, but I'm going to try to remedy that today with a little well-placed silicone. We'll see how that goes.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 20:07:56 »
Show Image

Unfortunately I botched the stem so it sits a wee bit high, but I'm going to try to remedy that today with a little well-placed silicone. We'll see how that goes.

Nice work man! I'd love to see that purple top with a green bottom~~~~
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 20:28:14 »
Show Image

Beautiful Katz! Love your Blanks!

The color combination looks super funky! Is the bottom Pink? =)

Purple on Cyan would be amazing!  :thumb:
Hyperfuse <3

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 20:38:52 »

ey b0ss, I'm on it just for u

Purple on Cyan would be amazing!  :thumb:
Hyperfuse <3

I'll see how close I can get color-wise...

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 20:59:56 »

ey b0ss, I'm on it just for u

Yay! Excited to see the results!.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 22:13:46 »
I'll see how close I can get color-wise...

Wohoo! Awesome! =)
I would totally love to see cyan happen! <3

Also do you have a translucent pink Katz? That purple on pink would look amazing in full translucent!
Or maybe translucent pink mixed with white...  :thumb:

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 05:28:11 »
Oh gods that's so sexy.

Ooh ooh. Translucent blue on top of white. That'd be the ultimate sex bomb.

Evo you are causing me pain with that Axol. *cries*