Author Topic: Post your clacks!  (Read 7956373 times)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Re: Post your clacks!
« Reply #5900 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 00:12:28 »
Better picture of my clacks!

Jeez dats hot

Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5901 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 00:34:12 »
Better picture of my clacks!

Very nice!  :cool: Love the green face.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5902 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 02:24:30 »
You know how the head of the skull seemed to blend in with the base? I have seen photos of the whites in Candy Corn blending in with the orange, or the white foam in Drunken blending in. And now the green forehead of the skull bleeding into the blue base - I wonder is this some form of magic? I would think it is hard to do with plastic, isn't it?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #5903 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 02:34:38 »
You know how the head of the skull seemed to blend in with the base? I have seen photos of the whites in Candy Corn blending in with the orange, or the white foam in Drunken blending in. And now the green forehead of the skull bleeding into the blue base - I wonder is this some form of magic? I would think it is hard to do with plastic, isn't it?

I would think just carving until it's thin enough to be transparent (especially when you're going from a light color to a dark color like that, it makes it much easier to get the effect) or just having a very shallow first shot if you're molding. It's definitely difficult to do by hand, but when you've been doing it as long as CC...
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5904 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 03:28:39 »

I would think just carving until it's thin enough to be transparent (especially when you're going from a light color to a dark color like that, it makes it much easier to get the effect) or just having a very shallow first shot if you're molding. It's definitely difficult to do by hand, but when you've been doing it as long as CC...

Yeah, I think it's like exit said.  It's thin enough and there's a good amount of contrast between the two colors.  Also, for most of these multicolor skulls, the material used for the skull face usually has some translucency to it (for example, compare the opaqueness of Hardcore White with 3D's slightly translucent white), so the color of the base will be visible through the thin, semi-translucent layer.

It's a really cool effect.  For the forehead, the base color bleeds through and accentuates the forehead line.  Makes the skulls look more angry. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #5905 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 03:30:22 »

Yeah, I think it's like exit said.  It's thin enough and there's a good amount of contrast between the two colors.  Also, for most of these multicolor skulls, the material used for the skull face usually has some translucency to it (for example, compare the opaqueness of Hardcore White with 3D's slightly translucent white), so the color of the base will be visible through the thin layer.

It's a really cool effect.  For the forehead, the base color bleeds through and accentuates the forehead line.  Makes the skulls look more angry. :)

Yeah, it's an amazing effect, and it's done with an amazing subtlety on some of his caps. I've noticed it on others, but didn't notice it on the enviro until it was pointed out here.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5906 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 04:16:58 »

I actually PM'd CC about exactly this technique after receiving Spumoni. I've never seen anything like it in other caps done even close to as even and smooth. Huge respect to his craft.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5907 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 05:21:18 »
On some caps though, it looked washed out as though it has seen too many key presses. Ha ha. Do you feel that way too or is it a trick of the camera. I only have photos to see.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #5908 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 07:48:27 »
I still haven't received mine from the 420 sale  :(

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #5909 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 14:54:31 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Army green is 3rd from the left in all the pics, gumrot is 2nd from the left. Almost identical, but army green is a hair darker.

Love dat' green

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #5910 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:45:05 »
You can see some of the bleeding effect in these photos. These are so beautiful in person! My very first clacks! Weeeeeee!!!!   ;D

Enviro and Eyeland

ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #5911 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:50:56 »
You can see some of the bleeding effect in these photos. These are so beautiful in person! My very first clacks! Weeeeeee!!!!   ;D

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

:thumb:  Man I really love these  :thumb:

Congrats..
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5912 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:57:32 »

And here's where I'd put my clacks........... IF I HAD SOME
I love Elzy

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5913 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:03:42 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

Great photos.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #5914 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:12:20 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

Some great pics! Love'm and jelly :P

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5915 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:18:02 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

These are great in-theme pics. Super jelly of that Eyeland too :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #5916 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:18:37 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

Those are gorgeous! As a set they compliment each other perfectly. Easily some of the best looking Clacks ever.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #5917 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:22:43 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

Agree. I don't know if it's just me but I kind of prefer the Eyeland over the Enviro.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #5918 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:26:45 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

Those are gorgeous! As a set they compliment each other perfectly. Easily some of the best looking Clacks ever.

I know! I can't believe I scored these as my first ones.

Agree. I don't know if it's just me but I kind of prefer the Eyeland over the Enviro.

I don't know... it's a tough choice between those two! I think I still prefer the Enviro. Dat bleedin' skull!
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5919 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:14:03 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Show Image

Show Image

Excellent colours - CC outdone himself again!

Show Image

Where do these bags come from?  I'm guessing CC himself, but anyone know what dictates whether you get a bag or not?  neither of my Clacks from CC arrived in such a bag.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #5920 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:25:18 »
Mine did not come with a bag eighter was actually looking forward to a bag when I got in on the 420 sale.

Migjt be due to international?  Not sure.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5921 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:27:27 »
Mine did not come with a bag eighter was actually looking forward to a bag when I got in on the 420 sale.

Bugger that.

I was wondering maybe if it was for 3 or more Clacks - I have only ever had one at a time from CC.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #5922 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:28:59 »

Bugger that.

I was wondering maybe if it was for 3 or more Clacks - I have only ever had one at a time from CC.

Mine was 3 clacks from 420.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #5923 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:31:03 »
They tend to come with things like the 3-piece F2 sets, Vaders, Fridays, and other "special" caps from what I've noted.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5924 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:34:54 »

Enviro and Eyeland

Beautiful pictures and skulls!  This certainly a hell of a way to kick off your Clack collection.  Congrats. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5925 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:37:47 »
They tend to come with things like the 3-piece F2 sets, Vaders, Fridays, and other "special" caps from what I've noted.

That would kinda make sense.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5926 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:50:19 »
Show Image

Lol you didn't give away your bag w whatever clack it had.. Funny!

Damn those EDD look great, nice pics!

Offline tbc

« Reply #5927 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 22:03:34 »

where are you located?  i got mine last friday in canada
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5928 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 22:57:41 »
Show Image

Lol you didn't give away your bag w whatever clack it had.. Funny!

Damn those EDD look great, nice pics!

Nope the 3 I got went to different people.

But I managed to get my Octopink back (the only one I care about) thanks to tjcaustin.
I love Elzy

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #5929 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 23:29:08 »
Those EDD clacks are amazing, I need to find myself a few =)
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5930 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 23:52:28 »

dude, you have the rarest Clacks of all.  Leave some for the rest of us.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5931 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 00:17:36 »

I'd be happy with just one ;D

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5932 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 00:18:47 »

wut?  one?  nobody is happy with just one.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5933 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 00:21:20 »

wut?  one?  nobody is happy with just one.

To start with :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5934 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 01:54:32 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5935 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:09:08 »

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #5936 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:18:26 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5937 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:18:35 »

(Attachment Link)

I could use more pics of Spumoni.

Yeah what the crap, man.  Don't stop posting em til we tell you to stop.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
I love Elzy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5943 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:31:35 »
I don't know.. I think it's ugly..

You know, like really ugly, yep, it's ugly....

Come on, get out of my mind.........................

Jelly!!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5944 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:33:01 »
I don't think I've posted this here yet
64028-0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5945 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:33:38 »
I don't think I posted this here yet
(Attachment Link)

Damn.  That looks so good.  Damn.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #5946 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 02:54:14 »

Im in Canada. Still no 420 mail.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5947 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 03:01:13 »
I don't think I've posted this here yet
(Attachment Link)

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5948 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 03:24:24 »

Im in the middle of a mine in Canada. Still no 420 mail.

FTFY   :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #5949 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 03:26:33 »

Im in Canada. Still no 420 mail.

Don't worry man, I'm in Australia and haven't got my 420 cap either. In saying that the clack master has had some back problems so maybe he got delayed posting them, he said that only some of the intl packages were sent in his update on the 26th.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED