Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1399368 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #6250 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 08:38:13 »

Here is my temporary setup while I complete my final year up at school. I still have a lot more upgrades to get. Next on my list is probably a good set of studio monitors. Apologies for the grainy photo, the lighting is a ***** without having any windows in my room. I took this pic using my Note 9 as I no longer have a camera setup anymore. Been debating if I should invest in a good camera, I miss my old Nikon D90.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6251 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 08:17:46 »
Show Image

Here is my temporary setup while I complete my final year up at school. I still have a lot more upgrades to get. Next on my list is probably a good set of studio monitors. Apologies for the grainy photo, the lighting is a ***** without having any windows in my room. I took this pic using my Note 9 as I no longer have a camera setup anymore. Been debating if I should invest in a good camera, I miss my old Nikon D90.

That looks like a nice tower you got there. As a temporary setup it's quite impressive!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #6252 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:15:46 »

Downsized to one 1440p 144hz monitor, as using desktops in Windows is really useful for me. My second monitor was also really old and didnt look right on the desk, so hoping to upgrade to a better second monitor, or an ultrawide down the road.

Offline vegs

« Reply #6253 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 12:07:38 »
Show Image

Downsized to one 1440p 144hz monitor, as using desktops in Windows is really useful for me. My second monitor was also really old and didnt look right on the desk, so hoping to upgrade to a better second monitor, or an ultrawide down the road.
Nice setup 😎 G305 and GPW?
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #6254 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 12:10:13 »
Show Image

Nice setup 😎 G305 and GPW?

Yup! Was at Target and saw the G305 on clearance yesterday for 25! I sold mine when I bought the GPW, but ultimately I missed the shape of the G305. So I bought it again and am selling the G Pro Wireless  :p

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6255 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 12:37:46 »
Show Image

That looks like a nice tower you got there. As a temporary setup it's quite impressive!

Thanks! I was really attracted to the looks of the Phantek Evolv Shift computer case but the cooling is a tough battle. I'm still struggling to cool my r9 3900x and 2080 super under load even with dual AIO watercoolers. I added those custom fan grilles in the front for airflow and even installed 40mm Noctuas at the top to help increase exhaust flow. Another huge issue I have is the airflow of my room itself. After a couple of hours of gaming or high-load applications, it causes my room temps to go up about 10F. I've been debating if I should go full custom loop with this build. I haven't done a full custom loop in some years so it would be fun but it's definitely not worth the money to save a few degrees.

Offline trVce

« Reply #6256 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 11:51:19 »
Rearranged my desk yesterday!!
[img]
[img]
Love the Plushies and colors you got going there.
228885-0
228887-1
228889-2
I like pink and white maybe a little too much  ^-^

Offline sleepy

« Reply #6257 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 13:50:40 »
Rearranged my desk yesterday!!
[img]
[img]
Love the Plushies and colors you got going there.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I like pink and white maybe a little too much  ^-^

thank you!!! your room is super duper cute! i always wanted to do a floor-sitting desk but was never sure it'd work since i have carpeted floors. i love all your figures and toys. i actually got a new desk since that picture, one that is bigger to accommodate my synth.

also, 100 gecs   :cool:

Offline trVce

« Reply #6258 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 14:47:50 »
thank you!!! your room is super duper cute! i always wanted to do a floor-sitting desk but was never sure it'd work since i have carpeted floors. i love all your figures and toys. i actually got a new desk since that picture, one that is bigger to accommodate my synth.

Thanks ;D

Yeah I really like the sitting desk set up since I like to switch how I'm sitting all the time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new set up when you get it all sorted.

I've been thinking about trying to go see a Brockhampton show they're opening for but I don't have anyone to go with.  :(
Wish I knew some people IRL that shared my music taste.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #6259 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 17:29:20 »

Thanks ;D

Yeah I really like the sitting desk set up since I like to switch how I'm sitting all the time.

I've been thinking about trying to go see a Brockhampton show they're opening for but I don't have anyone to go with.  :(

awww i know that feeling. they're doin a show in my city sometime soon but the tickets are quite expensive since you have to pay for brockhampton yeah :( and i didn't really wana do that, because i don't really know brockhampton or listened to em much. ill definitely post some pics!!! its awesome, cuz i have room enough for my soldering stuff, and my modular synth, and some more stuffies and figures of course :3

Offline trVce

« Reply #6260 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 20:18:26 »

Thanks ;D

awww i know that feeling. they're doin a show in my city sometime soon but the tickets are quite expensive since you have to pay for brockhampton yeah :( and i didn't really wana do that, because i don't really know brockhampton or listened to em much. ill definitely post some pics!!! its awesome, cuz i have room enough for my soldering stuff, and my modular synth, and some more stuffies and figures of course :3
I like brockhampton but I can't knock anyone if they're not their speed.

Oh man I've never heard anyone call them stuffies. I'm going to have to add that to my vernacular. C:

Offline interfuse

• Nick Niesen
« Reply #6261 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 14:46:52 »
Here is the workstation I am working at.

Show Image

Components listed here: https://madisonliquidators.com/resources/web-developer-audio-production-workstation/

I'm wondering if you wouldn't be better off with something like a 4k TV instead of all those different (fairly small? 24"?)  monitors.

I use it for programming, so multiple monitors helps to reference the files, code, output and database all on different screens. With one large screen I would be locked into a single workspace. I was considering moving to 3 monitors with one large monitor in the middle but so far just rolling with what I've got.  :))

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6262 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 11:58:00 »
Photo of current setup is this:

I cannot post a picture of it due to me being at school, but i'll put an image to represent it:

https://ibb.co/HF4zbfL

Offline MMKB

« Reply #6263 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 19:23:41 »
Doubled the panels

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #6264 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 19:27:06 »
Doubled the panels

Show Image

Lookin good, very tidy 😎

Cool IKEA switches 🤠

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #6265 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 02:08:43 »
Doubled the panels

Show Image

Ugg I really need to buck up and go find a better way to store switches and caps. Your setup is putting my plastic sandwich baggie situation to shame. So clean, as always
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6266 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 02:56:12 »
Doubled the panels

Show Image

Damn! that setup looks fantastic!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6267 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 09:33:17 »
Doubled the panels

Show Image

Love this building station. Have been thinking of getting some panels as well but I don't have a space for a dedicated key-lab! Will save the photo for later though!  :p

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #6268 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 11:12:29 »
New apartment/office and the startings of the new setup!

231022-0

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6269 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 18:27:44 »
Setup at work

https://ibb.co/svgKTh9

Setup at home will reveal later

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #6270 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 07:33:03 »

Offline decaf

« Reply #6271 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 06:15:56 »
Show Image

Nice audio setup also. what model stax have you got there?

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #6272 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:38:23 »

Offline corry29

« Reply #6273 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 11:37:17 »
I guess I'll start off for 2020

Herman Miller x Mackbook x HHKB

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 11:41:43 by corry29 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6274 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 11:38:03 »
Show Image

Nice audio setup also. what model stax have you got there?

Thank you very much! I have the Stax SR-L300 Earspeakers with the SRM-252s energiser. The original pads were horrible so I got a pair of ZMF oval pads on it. The pads were so big that the original headband snapped when I was wearing them. I bought the SR-L700 headband which is more robust and a little bit wider. I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors at the input filter, transformer, and HV smoothing on the energiser which gave me a little bit more bass and volume control. Out of all my various audio setups throughout the years, this is by far the reigning champ. I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade to the SR-L700 or to try out their Omega series earspeakers.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6275 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:23:25 »
New apartment/office and the startings of the new setup!

(Attachment Link)

I love that monitor setup.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #6276 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 02:16:00 »

New desk at work.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6277 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 08:09:34 »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6278 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 08:23:38 »
Actual setup:

Specs are :

CPU: Intel Core I7 8750H clocked at 2.2 gigahertz with 6 cores, 12 threads

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 with Max Q Design

Drives: One C drive with 100 gb of space for OS and one D Drive that is 1 TB of Space

RAM : 8 GB

Keyboard: Corsair K63 with MX Reds

Mouse: Logitech G203 with Hyperglides(Hotline games) and grip tape (Hotline games)

Background: GMK Ashes desktop background 1920x1080

Offline NachoMist

« Reply #6279 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 15:43:46 »
we like to keep things plain and simple

waiting to find a deskmat that i fancy
236263-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2020, 15:45:53 by NachoMist »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6280 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 12:29:07 »
Show Image

New desk at work.

How do you like the ultrawide with a Mac? Do you use third party tiling software, or arrange windows manually?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6281 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 21:27:33 »
Show Image

New desk at work.

How do you like the ultrawide with a Mac? Do you use third party tiling software, or arrange windows manually?

He is a lizard.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6282 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 10:18:11 »
He is a lizard.

You really need to stop smoking what you're smoking and stop commenting dumb stuff just for the sake of it.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #6283 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 12:33:25 »
He is a lizard.

You really need to stop smoking what you're smoking and stop commenting dumb stuff just for the sake of it.

I dunno, makes sense to me...

Offline Sniping

« Reply #6284 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 14:06:43 »
He is a lizard.

kids like 12 take it easy

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #6285 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 03:42:56 »
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #6286 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 14:32:05 »
Show Image

New desk at work.

I love it. I arrange windows manually though. I just never got the hang of window managers, but maybe I just never found one that does what I like. I always have my windows overlapping each other and at weird widths etc.
pls gief bbv2

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6287 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:34:17 »
He is a lizard.

Mhm. Yep. Sure sure. Makes sense

I love it. I arrange windows manually though. I just never got the hang of window managers, but maybe I just never found one that does what I like. I always have my windows overlapping each other and at weird widths etc.

Ah, I see. I guess with that much space you can arrange windows however/wherever. I'm thinking of making the investment, but would need to find a semi-decent window manager for OSX (i3 has ruined/spoiled me).
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:37:37 by _rubik »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6288 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 20:43:33 »
He is a lizard.

I just comment stuff but okay

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6289 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 12:36:59 »

here is my desk setup just got a new desk-mat / New monitor. The one on the left is my old 144HZ 1080P monitor damn i should have upgraded ages ago.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6290 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 15:43:47 »
Haven't put any art on the walls since my move.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6291 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 21:39:10 »
Show Image

here is my desk setup just got a new desk-mat / New monitor. The one on the left is my old 144HZ 1080P monitor damn i should have upgraded ages ago.

Why is it so tall compared to the other one

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6292 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 23:51:58 »
Show Image

It's just a box standard monitor rotated vertically. It's better for reading long documents / coding (supposedly)

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6293 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 05:01:01 »
Show Image

It's just a box standard monitor rotated vertically. It's better for reading long documents / coding (supposedly)

Yeah it makes reading long documents easier.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6294 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 10:04:40 »
Current temporary setup while I'm staying with the in-laws

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6295 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 12:15:20 »
Current temporary setup while I'm staying with the in-laws

Shroud, is that you?

Offline diseeease

« Reply #6296 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 15:52:07 »
My Home Office setup. Currently waiting on a new Monitor (34" 21:9 LG) and a Deskmat.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #6297 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 18:53:43 »
Hello everybody  :)...nothing to see here, just some ikea stuff.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6298 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:20:13 »
Hello everybody  :)...nothing to see here, just some ikea stuff.

Show Image

Man those two beautiful Model F's just seal the deal.

10/10 would type at this desk happily for decades.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline yuppie

« Reply #6299 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:26:16 »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist