Poll

Which type for GMK black lotus?

ICON mods
401 (66.3%)
TEXT mods
204 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 605

Author Topic: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset - UPDATED OP - GB GOING LIVE ON TKC ON APRIL 2020  (Read 294266 times)

Offline Wongstongs

Re: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset - LAUNCHING ON TKC SOON!
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 13:22:31 »
I'm in for the mono set  :cool:

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #651 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 06:22:25 »
I am making adjustments on the final kits, will be posting the final renders once they have been made.

Thank you for all your inputs, all of them were taken into account. Hopefully you will continue to support this keyset until the very end.

Trust me, this is worth the wait :thumb:

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #652 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 22:42:08 »
I can't wait!

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
Re: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset - Updated Kits - going LIVE on The Key Company!
« Reply #653 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 07:32:10 »
Check out the OP for updates!

Answer this poll afterwards: https://linkto.run/p/TZ5PZ3DN  :thumb:

« Reply #654 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 07:35:38 »

Ooooooh yes that is the base I've been dreaming of!

Great kits too....

Offline SleepIsAllINeed

« Reply #655 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 07:49:14 »
Will there be an option for a monochrome add-on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline WithoutWeakness

« Reply #656 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 07:50:53 »

No R2 2U keys for compatibility with the Candy Bar? Was really hoping to see compatibility keys for TheKeyClub keyboards since the GB was running through them.

Offline steazy

« Reply #657 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:01:03 »
Looking good, any chance of adding NorDe/International key kit?

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:02:17 »

No R2 2U keys for compatibility with the Candy Bar? Was really hoping to see compatibility keys for TheKeyClub keyboards since the GB was running through them.

you mean the 1.75U for the enter key? if its only 1 key, we could add it onto the base and not change the pricing so much. Ill have to confirm with TKC first.

Will there be an option for a monochrome add-on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If the poll will show good results on the monochrome kit, we will add it to the final list :D

Offline WithoutWeakness

« Reply #659 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:10:52 »

you mean the 1.75U for the enter key? if its only 1 key, we could add it onto the base and not change the pricing so much. Ill have to confirm with TKC first.
The CandyBar top row is R2 and has the option for a 2U backspace or 2x 1U. Some newer sets like SA Laser and others have started including R2 2U backspace keys in child/compatibility kits. I know it's tough because you're trying to include as much as possible in the base kit but I was hoping since TKC was running this set they would include all the caps to support their layouts

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #660 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:13:33 »
I thought this changed to a monochrome set. I guess it reverted back :(. I love the monochrome version a lot more.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #661 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:15:14 »

The CandyBar top row is R2 and has the option for a 2U backspace or 2x 1U. Some newer sets like SA Laser and others have started including R2 2U backspace keys in child/compatibility kits. I know it's tough because you're trying to include as much as possible in the base kit but I was hoping since TKC was running this set they would include all the caps to support their layouts

If TKC would agree to this, then i wouldnt mind having more on the base  :thumb:

I thought this changed to a monochrome set. I guess it reverted back :(. I love the monochrome version a lot more.

Answer the poll, tell us what you think :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #662 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:30:08 »
Regarding the spacebar kit - GMK now has the moulds for convex 2.75 and 2.25 r4, only one that's left that would still be concave will be the 1.75.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #663 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:49:45 »
Regarding the spacebar kit - GMK now has the moulds for convex 2.75 and 2.25 r4, only one that's left that would still be concave will be the 1.75.
Are they working on that tho?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #664 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 09:28:26 »
Are they working on that tho?

The 2.75 and 2.25 have been ready and good to go since Carbon R2, so a while now, the 1.75 I'm not sure when it'll be handled - I'd heard that some sets may try and get convex done for that and 1.25u but it hasn't happened yet.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #665 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 10:47:15 »
I’ll skip on this if it has the purple mods. Filled out the form.

I still don’t get the fuss over this set having purple mods when you can just get in on First Love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WithoutWeakness

« Reply #666 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:13:13 »

I still don’t get the fuss over this set having purple mods when you can just get in on First Love

Because we prefer the modifier colors on this set over the colors on First Love. And this set is actually entering a GB after a 3-year wait since the original post and First Love isn't. Why not go ask for a monochrome set in the First Love thread while they're still in IC?

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #667 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:20:08 »

Because we prefer the modifier colors on this set over the colors on First Love. And this set is actually entering a GB after a 3-year wait since the original post and First Love isn't. Why not go ask for a monochrome set in the First Love thread while they're still in IC?

That’s fair, but during those 3 years you were “waiting”, this set changed to mono mods. If this set doesn’t have mono mods, I will be asking on First Love. However, it seems a little nonsensical to do that since First Love already has purple mods and this was supposed to have mono mods. Not to mention, there’s an objectively higher chance of both sets succeeding if one set does mono and one set does purple mods

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #668 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:40:26 »
Have always been interested in this set -- the only gripe I have right now is a SINGLE key... would it be much to request a change?

Can we change the 1.5u R2 Backspace for HHKB icon from the [X] to a regular backspace left arrow? So basically...

From

To

For Icon Mods, the centered [X] icon does not fit, in my opinion, and it is also a deprecated icon.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #669 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 12:04:38 »
Yes! Purple mods are the way to go for sure.

Only suggestion at this point would be to move ISO, and possibly Numpad, to separate kits.

If this set doesn’t have mono mods, I will be asking on First Love.

See you over there, ill be getting both (provided they stick with purple mods). They are very different shades of purple, and more than unique enough for each to do well.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #670 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:00:19 »
Would it be possible to add an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn (to support the Tada68, Whitefox, Massdrop Alt, Uniqey C70, and any other 65% that uses it in the far right column)?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #671 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:39:34 »
Have always been interested in this set -- the only gripe I have right now is a SINGLE key... would it be much to request a change?

Can we change the 1.5u R2 Backspace for HHKB icon from the [X] to a regular backspace left arrow? So basically...

From

Show Image

To

Show Image

For Icon Mods, the centered [X] icon does not fit, in my opinion, and it is also a deprecated icon.

+1

I don't personally really mind the box backspace but the other one is just categorically better.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #672 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:27:47 »

It has purple mods coz that was the original concept of this keyset. It was here in this thread that everyone else agreed this combination of colors was going to make a really good GMK keyset.

We still open to having monochrome, we want to add more kits if possible but this has to be based on the right amount of demand. I dont get why you have to be to negative about it tho.

Finally, GMK first love is not GMK black lotus, it wasnt even mentioned as an inspiration even tho they look very similar compared to the other sets mentioned. Dont get me wrong, i love all purple keysets, but these two are not the similar shades of purple. This colorway was consistently based on the theme from the start, you may check it on the op.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #673 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:29:36 »

From

Show Image

To

Show Image

+1

I don't personally really mind the box backspace but the other one is just categorically better.
Thanks for that input, i wasnt sure myself so I used the box one initially.

I totally agree and i will be changing it.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #674 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:29:57 »
Would it be possible to add an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn (to support the Tada68, Whitefox, Massdrop Alt, Uniqey C70, and any other 65% that uses it in the far right column)?
I have included those in the base :)

« Reply #675 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:34:12 »

It has purple mods coz that was the original concept of this keyset. It was here in this thread that everyone else agreed this combination of colors was going to make a really good GMK keyset.

We still open to having monochrome, we want to add more kits if possible but this has to be based on the right amount of demand. I dont get why you have to be to negative about it tho.

Finally, GMK first love is not GMK black lotus, it wasnt even mentioned as an inspiration even tho they look very similar compared to the other sets mentioned. Dont get me wrong, i love all purple keysets, but these two are not the similar shades of purple. This colorway was consistently based on the theme from the start, you may check it on the op.

This combination of purples with black looks WAY better together than first love to me, that's why I was upset when it started to cater to changing its original set for the other set.. I'm glad the run with the original mods looks like it will be happening, add the monochrome kits as they still do look nice an it's a win win, but the set def needs what the original render has, it's just too

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #676 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 19:34:18 »
any info about the possible GB date?

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #677 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 19:35:23 »
any info about the possible GB date?
We have the august slot on TKC :)

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #678 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 20:33:01 »
I have included those in the base :)

:thumb:  Thank you!

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #679 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 21:13:40 »
I would be in for the monochrome mods as well. My interest in this set was piqued when the mods were changed to the purp on black as the colors seemed perfectly matched for a black board.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #680 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 21:30:09 »
This IC came up like two weeks after I joined GH... Glad to see it happening!

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #681 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 21:53:07 »
I would be in for the monochrome mods as well. My interest in this set was piqued when the mods were changed to the purp on black as the colors seemed perfectly matched for a black board.

+1 for a monochrome kit.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #682 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 02:16:10 »

+1 for a monochrome kit.

+1

Offline diorite

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 02:26:25 »

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I'd be super down for the weeb kit + black mod kit. Best of luck with the GB.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #684 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 08:25:03 »
Monochrome modifiers + extension?  :-\

Offline ptiede

« Reply #685 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 09:10:15 »
I remember when I first saw this set when I was just getting into the hobby in 2016, loved it then and love it now. Those purple modifiers look fantastic and hopefully, the majority of people agree. Personally, I much prefer the purple in this set compared to first love.

Offline poolside

« Reply #686 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 09:37:54 »
The JPY symbol in the Weebo kit is money.

Comparing the JP legends to those of Striker/Serika, the less than/comma keycap seems to be missing some kind of backtick legend. Is that because the R1 tilde keycap already has the usual backtick one? Are those backticks actually different symbols?

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #687 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 18:43:15 »
Super psyched again.  Has the idea of having purple spacebars come up?  Not talking about lilac.  No biggy, but I'd buy whatever 2-3u convex bar kit that would come in.

Glad to have "waited" on this

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #688 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 20:42:47 »
we want to add more kits if possible

Any chance for moving ISO and/or Numpad to a seperate kit(s)?

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #689 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 08:04:43 »
we want to add more kits if possible

Any chance for moving ISO and/or Numpad to a seperate kit(s)?

We want to consolidate as much keys in each keys to maximize order quantity.

The JPY symbol in the Weebo kit is money.

Comparing the JP legends to those of Striker/Serika, the less than/comma keycap seems to be missing some kind of backtick legend. Is that because the R1 tilde keycap already has the usual backtick one? Are those backticks actually different symbols?

That might only be an error on my part, but we will be using the standard hiragana molds from gmk.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #690 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 08:46:34 »
Results of the poll have been very positive.

Monochrome is pulling good numbers too!

Here is a mockup of the monochrome kit that we want to include.

What else would you like to buy with this monochrome kit? share your response in this link: http://www.strawpoll.me/18159507

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #691 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 10:01:28 »

What else would you like to buy with this monochrome kit? share your response in this link: http://www.strawpoll.me/18159507

I think keeping the amount of keys to a smaller amount is a good idea, however there are some things that are key of course - stepped caps, WKL/HHKB/etc bottom row support (4x 1.5u, at least 2x 1u), split backspace and split r-shift (1.75 + 1u, maybe another 2.25).

I'm sure there's something important missing but that's what came to mind right away.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #692 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 10:04:51 »

I think keeping the amount of keys to a smaller amount is a good idea, however there are some things that are key of course - stepped caps, WKL/HHKB/etc bottom row support (4x 1.5u, at least 2x 1u), split backspace and split r-shift (1.75 + 1u, maybe another 2.25).

I'm sure there's something important missing but that's what came to mind right away.
Hmm this is basically a combination of tkl + extensions.. this has been implemented with gmk laser's blocknet iirc.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #693 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 10:07:33 »

Here is a mockup of the monochrome kit that we want to include.
Show Image

Oh, is it supposed to be limited to only 1 option?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #694 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 11:25:48 »
Hmm this is basically a combination of tkl + extensions.. this has been implemented with gmk laser's blocknet iirc.

It'd basically just be a smaller version of TKC's kit for SkIIdata that ran a couple months back - that kit was way larger and very expensive but if you work with them to keep compatibility usable whilst cutting down on certain keys that really aren't necessary, I think you could come up with something at a reasonable price (say $60-80) that covers 95%+ of staggered layouts at TKL or under.

Offline Blank

« Reply #695 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 13:56:16 »
which pantone is used for the dark color?

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #696 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 19:13:51 »
GMK advised me to use the Ral chart instead. Its close to RAL 4007, but i have to confirm once i get actual samples that are being GMK.

Ill update you guys when it arrives :)

Offline Blank

« Reply #697 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 05:49:20 »
GMK advised me to use the Ral chart instead. Its close to RAL 4007, but i have to confirm once i get actual samples that are being GMK.

thanks! what is the color code for the black/grey color

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #698 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 06:57:12 »

Its just GMK CR black or the regular black in their colorwheel.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #699 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 13:24:50 »

Its just GMK CR black or the regular black in their colorwheel.

Thats good to know, considering the renders in the OP are a grey-black - and even though I like them, it might be worth updating the renders to reflect how the set will actually look. Coincidentally this is basically the opposite change GMK First Love made, going from black to a grey-black (as seen in the first post of that thread.)

For example, here is the op render:

VS. a possibly more accurate GOK render from his 7v thread: