Author Topic: [IC] QWERKeys B Series Set  (Read 40003 times)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
[IC] QWERKeys B Series Set
« on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 14:45:50 »
Im in the process of contacting QWERKeys about getting as much of a keyboard as possible in B Series keycaps. I think they only come in 1x caps so it would be 72 keycaps for a TKL and 86 for a fullsize. We need a MOQ of 100 total keycaps so we should be able to hit that pretty fast. We need a MOQ of 15 sets. As for the color i was thinking a Blue and White keycap with Red etch. As for color so far the majority has floated toward Red and White with Red Etch. If you have other ideas please voice them.

I recently received this from Sleabo:
"The B series were intended for a backlit keyboard used by the military. I couldn't comment on what they would be like to type on, its really to the users preference - but as I say they were designed to be used on a full set for a special backlit keyboard - they weren't deisigned to be used as singles. There are only an MOQ of 100 singles keys on any one particular colour combination. So, as long as you have a minimum of 2 x 51 key sets in e.g. a red and white center key style. You can have as many different colour combos as you want."

An update:
"Hi

a 72 set would be £75 per set, MOQ 15 sets

an 86 sets would be £85 per set, MOQ 15 sets

thanks

Dan"

Update 2012.10.22
Poll available to select color and layout its is available here.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 October 2012, 18:33:40 by TheProfosist »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: [IC] QWERKeys B Series Set
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 14:48:08 »
Here are all the pics that I could find of various B Series keycaps.

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 October 2012, 15:33:26 by TheProfosist »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:00:56 »
Wee need a MOQ of 100 total keycaps so we should be able to hit that pretty fast. As for the color i was thinking a Blue and White keycap with Red etch. If you have other ideas please voice them.

Dear Sir,

Put me down for 4 (four) sets of whatever you are going to decide on.  I always wanted the B-series for some of my keyboards.  Absolutely unique amongst key caps.

Thank Sleabo for me in deciding to accept a Group Buy on this.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:03:14 »
I'm mostly interested in some function row blue/white blanks... not sure about having a full set.
I love Elzy

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:30:41 »
I'm mostly interested in some function row blue/white blanks... not sure about having a full set.

Now worries, you can go here http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/function-pack and buy it now.

Also Sleabo can currently make anything you want, speak to him direct.

This Group Buy is for the hardcore fanatics.  We all want the full KEY-SET on our keyboards because of our intense desire to own the "B" series.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:32:55 by Elrick »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:36:05 »
I'm interested in dark grey/charcoal color. Would be nice to see pics of all the different colors first. Sleabo said he'd post pics but hasn't gotten to it yet.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:38:11 »

Now worries, you can go here http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/function-pack and buy it now.

Also Sleabo can currently make anything you want, speak to him direct.

This Group Buy is for the hardcore fanatics.  We all want the full KEY-SET on our keyboards because of our intense desire to own the "B" series.

No, because the function pack is only for the other two series. B Series has a MOQ always, I've contacted Sleabo.
I love Elzy

Offline pasph

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:46:35 »
The B series caps have only one profile so a full set isn't much confortable to type on imho
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 19:06:14 »
The B series caps have only one profile so a full set isn't much confortable to type on imho

I've had a Logitech Illuminated slimline keyboard for 4 years, it worked nicely.  All of their keys were the same profile.  If you want a tilt on the keys then simply "TILT the KEYBOARD", but I always preferred the keyboard to being flat on the desktop.

I'm no typist but I got anywhere between 60 to 80 WPM on that Logitech Keyboard, maybe the profile helped..... who knows.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 October 2012, 19:30:52 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 19:09:51 »
I'm interested in dark grey/charcoal color. Would be nice to see pics of all the different colors first. Sleabo said he'd post pics but hasn't gotten to it yet.

I'm with you too, he did say he has got the EXTRA colours.  We just need to see what's available for us.

Offline TDub

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 02:54:42 »
"The B series were intended for a backlit keyboard used by the military. I couldn't comment on what they would be like to type on, its really to the users preference - but as I say they were designed to be used on a full set for a special backlit keyboard - they weren't deisigned to be used as singles. There are only an MOQ of 100 singles keys on any one particular colour combination. So, as long as you have a minimum of 2 x 51 key sets in e.g. a red and white center key style. You can have as many different colour combos as you want."

If  i interpret the above correctly, anyone who wants 2 sets with the same color combination (as long as each set is above 51 keys) could contact Sleabo and get them made?

My guess is a GB should still provide some advantages though like tier pricing, which gets cheaper the more sets we order?

Offline chrono000

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 12:43:02 »
I'm interested in this. Will there be a group buy?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 17:12:07 »
Wee need a MOQ of 100 total keycaps so we should be able to hit that pretty fast. As for the color i was thinking a Blue and White keycap with Red etch. If you have other ideas please voice them.

Dear Sir,

Put me down for 4 (four) sets of whatever you are going to decide on.  I always wanted the B-series for some of my keyboards.  Absolutely unique amongst key caps.

Thank Sleabo for me in deciding to accept a Group Buy on this.

sounds good to me ill add you to the list

Yes sadly the only colors that i have seen for the B serioes are the ones in all the pics above i would like to do 3 different colors as that can only really be done with the b series caps but in the end what ever color choice get the majority is the one that will get run in the groupbuy.

If  i interpret the above correctly, anyone who wants 2 sets with the same color combination (as long as each set is above 51 keys) could contact Sleabo and get them made?

My guess is a GB should still provide some advantages though like tier pricing, which gets cheaper the more sets we order?

yes there is tier pricing available we need to decide on the total amount of caps per set before I can find that out though

I'm interested in this. Will there be a group buy?

that is the plan and the point of the interest check to make sure that there will be enough people to have a groupbuy

Offline TDub

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 03:28:15 »
I am definitly interessted in at least one set. The B series looks very cool and very unique. I like the blue and white keys with red legends in the photos but I am open to other color combinations too.

Also picture of all sleabos colors is available at Deskthority:

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/new-colours-available-t3965.html

Not sure if all of these apply to the B series as well, but I think they should.

Another question: Did I understand it correctly that the MOQ only applies to the base and center color of the key, not the infill of the legend? Would that allow us to make this GB semi custom, letting everyone pick their own legend color?
Or could we go further and pick multiple combinations of the base and center color (as long as we hit the MOQ for each combo) and still get teir pricing?

Offline HRS2K

• I love Blue!
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 07:23:31 »
Show Image

I like the Red White Blue... i have the Geek Hack Black Orange and a green/white power and love the design. Im in for 1 set :) 
KBC Poker (Blacks), CM Storm QuickFire Rapid (Blues), Leopold FC200RC (Blues)

Offline pasph

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 16:55:41 »
Interested (please see if is possible shipping from EU to EU)
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 18:20:54 »

sounds good to me ill add you to the list

Thanks buddy.

Like I said, I am happy with any colour you want to use on the B-Series.  Red/White and Blue or Green/White and Green.  Anything really.

Just let me know when you'll need the moolah to make this finally happen.

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 20:04:49 »
I know it may be far fetched,, but would it be doable to have a traslucent stem, and a thick filled engraving, or a white with less opacity, so it is usable for backlit keyboard as well? would look gorgeous imo...

any thoughts?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 21:17:21 »
Another far fetched question, but could something be done for say a number row set in green/white with green etch and red/white with red etch?  I like the looks of this with a CCnG or RA2.0 set respectively.

It would seem vaguely easy to me to get 10 orders of each, but of course I'm observing, not organizing so who cares what I think is easy lol

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 23:32:12 »
I am definitly interessted in at least one set. The B series looks very cool and very unique. I like the blue and white keys with red legends in the photos but I am open to other color combinations too.

Also picture of all sleabos colors is available at Deskthority:

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/new-colours-available-t3965.html

Not sure if all of these apply to the B series as well, but I think they should.

Another question: Did I understand it correctly that the MOQ only applies to the base and center color of the key, not the infill of the legend? Would that allow us to make this GB semi custom, letting everyone pick their own legend color?
Or could we go further and pick multiple combinations of the base and center color (as long as we hit the MOQ for each combo) and still get teir pricing?

yes the MOQ doesnt not apply to the infill only the base 2 colors. Yes technically everyone could pick their own color legends or we could have a multi color legend set. Though the first sounds like a major pain, not that im saying i wont do it but if possible i would like to stick with the same color legend as well. As for haveing multiple combos of the base color that could be done as well but we really wouldnt me taking advantage of the tiered pricing then.

Interested (please see if is possible shipping from EU to EU)
If there is a large amount of EU order i will look for someone to distro in the EU if not everything will be shipped from the states.

I know it may be far fetched,, but would it be doable to have a traslucent stem, and a thick filled engraving, or a white with less opacity, so it is usable for backlit keyboard as well? would look gorgeous imo...

any thoughts?
using the white or clear center should already make it useable with a backlight board as that is the original intention for these keycaps.

Another far fetched question, but could something be done for say a number row set in green/white with green etch and red/white with red etch?  I like the looks of this with a CCnG or RA2.0 set respectively.

It would seem vaguely easy to me to get 10 orders of each, but of course I'm observing, not organizing so who cares what I think is easy lol
that might be possible but there is already a groupbuy for the function row and i think the num row is an optional addon so your best bet is probably to go there if possible I would like to try to keep this groupbuy to the full set only.

alright we need to decide on what size set that we plan on getting so that i can ask about tier pricing. The options are 72 for TKL keyboards and 86 for a fullsize.

Also please comment on what colors you think would be good. I am leaning toward the Blue/White + Red Etch but if the majority wants a different color combo we will probably go with that. It would really help if we had pics of all the different colors that sleabo offers and if someone was willing to mock up a picture for a set.

Offline TDub

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 02:54:21 »
Colors were posted by Sleabo in his subforum and he did confirm that all of those are available for the B series:

22 x 21 Color combinations (excluding the combos with same base and center color) = 462 combinations

And thats without all the options for infills :)

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:00:29 »
Put me in for a 2 color set for either green or red, TKL

Offline Cynez

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 11:20:26 »
Will definitely check back on the color scheme.
KBT Race w/ Reds | HHKB Pro 2 | KBC Poker w/ Reds | IBM Model M '93 | Noppoo Mini w/ Reds | Filco Majestouch 2 w/ Browns

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 13:59:32 »
Colors were posted by Sleabo in his subforum and he did confirm that all of those are available for the B series:

Show Image

22 x 21 Color combinations (excluding the combos with same base and center color) = 462 combinations

And thats without all the options for infills :)
wow nice im really digging the deep red and the deep blue the burnt orange is nice as well.

What does eveyone think about doing Red/White with Red etch as the first run of this is there is additional demand for other colors at the end ill run another for those I would just like to keep this first one simple if possible

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 16:07:07 »
great,

I'm in for a red/white/red set

Offline Grimey

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 18:03:41 »
Would be in for a set of these as well.  The uniqueness of these keycaps is very unique, a full set would be fantastic.
Erlang your pants off

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:18:07 »
Is anyone that is interested in this groupbuy looking to use these on the FullSize keyboards?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:21:04 »
Is anyone that is interested in this groupbuy looking to use these on the FullSize keyboards?

I am.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:26:37 »
Oh man, an orange/gray, gray/blue or gray/red set wouldn't be bad at all.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:29:39 by tjcaustin »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:27:04 »

I am.

- Ron | samwisekoi
alright then ill look into pricing for both the TKL and Full Size

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:37:36 »
Received this in a message from Sleabo

We can do size 1, 1.25, 1.5 and 1.75 in B series.

Would anyone be interested in additional B Series keycaps in the larger sizes? It you could only really get them for Tab, Caps, |\, Ctrlx2, Winx2, Altx2, and menu. The keyboard may look weird with just those additional ones being b series.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:38:47 »

I am.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Wait, what?  I am confused (not too surprising given the number of [IC] and [GB] threads I am in.)

I thought we were talking about F1 through F12 keycaps.  How does that become different on a 104 vs TKL keyboard?

Or were you asking if I was interested in one hundred and four of these keycaps?  Not so much, no.

I thought I was in for two sets of F1 through F12 (+/- escape keys if included.)

Please help me understand. 

Thanks very much,

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Feel free to PM me if I have just embarrassed myself publicly.   :-[
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:42:30 »

I am.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Wait, what?  I am confused (not too surprising given the number of [IC] and [GB] threads I am in.)

I thought we were talking about F1 through F12 keycaps.  How does that become different on a 104 vs TKL keyboard?

Or were you asking if I was interested in one hundred and four of these keycaps?  Not so much, no.

I thought I was in for two sets of F1 through F12 (+/- escape keys if included.)

Thanks very much,

- Ron | samwisekoi

This specific thread is for a full set basically all 1x capos on the board. Currently your looking at 72 for TKL and 86 for Full Size. There is a different thread that is just for the function row and possibly the num row.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 19:56:52 »
Ah.  I see. Wrong thread then.  I'll just nip around back and put myself out of my misery, shall I?

<sigh>

Never mind...

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline silat

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:09:11 »

Me
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline silat

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:15:11 »

I am.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Thanks very much,

- Ron | samwisekoi

This specific thread is for a full set basically all 1x capos on the board. Currently your looking at 72 for TKL and 86 for Full Size. There is a different thread that is just for the function row and possibly the num row.

There is a different thread? Link please? And I am confused too:) So this thread is for all the 1x keys? The other thread is for the Function and Num keys. So the shift etc are not included?
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:17:42 »
I don't think the other will include number row, either, but here it is - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36314.0

This is going to be full besides mods because of limitations to the key type as well.

If neither of the current QWERKey GB organizers have a problem, I'll start a number row GB to match CCnG and RA2.0 soon.  If they do, I don't mind waiting another month or so.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:23:16 by tjcaustin »

Offline jessecoleman

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:20:51 »
Are the B Series Cherry profile? And someone said that all the rows will be the same profile. Will that make it weird to type on?

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:21:26 »
There are so many key cap ideas these days, you seldom see anything exciting besides colors, but I think these are pretty nifty.  I definitely want some.
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:50:58 »
Are the B Series Cherry profile? And someone said that all the rows will be the same profile. Will that make it weird to type on?
yes they are all the same profile the same as a function row keycap but lower it it will be different than awhat your used to for sure

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:00:02 »
yes they are all the same profile the same as a function row keycap but lower it it will be different than awhat your used to for sure

Couldn't care less...... you can still count me in on any sale of QWEkeys sets.

If Sleabo can make a full TKL set, then I'm in heaven.  Any colour would suit me, I am not that addicted for any any shade as long as they can actually make the Modifiers and all the other caps.  If the Space key is still off the agenda don't worry I've got heaps of spares sitting in a box.

Because this is QWERkeys they have to make a unique set that easily stands out from all the other stuff currently available, that is why the "B" series has to be made.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:03:51 »

Couldn't care less...... you can still count me in on any sale of QWEkeys sets.

If Sleabo can make a full TKL set, then I'm in heaven.  Any colour would suit me, I am not that addicted for any any shade as long as they can actually make the Modifiers and all the other caps.  If the Space key is still off the agenda don't worry I've got heaps of spares sitting in a box.

Because this is QWERkeys they have to make a unique set that easily stands out from all the other stuff currently available, that is why the "B" series has to be made.
I dont know about modifiers i think qwerkey could do the but no in b series height and if they do i believe MOQ is 100 so that may be out of our range. What if got SP to so a matching modifier set to these 1x keys?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:05:08 »
This is part of why I just want the number row stuff, it works well with the CCnG and RA2.0 and we don't have to find someone else to make nice modifiers.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:11:11 »
This is part of why I just want the number row stuff, it works well with the CCnG and RA2.0 and we don't have to find someone else to make nice modifiers.
Your 100% welcome to do a func + num row or just num row if you want. I really want I full set and a few others seem to want it as well though and I have been planning this without even worrying about the modifiers until now.

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:48:36 »
I 100% with this and i am down for a set of modifiers as well to complete the set

so tkl red-white-red set with modifiers

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:53:09 »
Ahh, I misunderstood your plight, please forgive me

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:02:07 »
I really want I full set and a few others seem to want it as well though and I have been planning this without even worrying about the modifiers until now.

Okay so it's still only 51 keys that are being made right?

So please don't let anyone tell you that Sleabo will make the 86keys, (mostly my fault).

The Modifiers can still be made via SP, but then we need to seriously look at what the final colour/designs will be chosen.  I think this would be the FIRST Group Buy here on Geekhack (correct me if I'm wrong) that will require two companies to complete a Key-set.

I'm not scared of the results it just takes guts and patience to see this GB all the way through.  I'm still in if the op agrees......

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:29:29 »
Ahh, I misunderstood your plight, please forgive me
lol your forgiven :P

I really want I full set and a few others seem to want it as well though and I have been planning this without even worrying about the modifiers until now.

Okay so it's still only 51 keys that are being made right?

So please don't let anyone tell you that Sleabo will make the 86keys, (mostly my fault).

The Modifiers can still be made via SP, but then we need to seriously look at what the final colour/designs will be chosen.  I think this would be the FIRST Group Buy here on Geekhack (correct me if I'm wrong) that will require two companies to complete a Key-set.

I'm not scared of the results it just takes guts and patience to see this GB all the way through.  I'm still in if the op agrees......
well isnt there 15 bigger than 1x keys on a 87key TKL? wouldnt that make 72 keys that are 1x width?

understood

yes I wa thinking of making them via SP possibly double shot Red with white legend. We would need someone who had the SP sample ring to figure out the exact color though and we may have to get the keys from sleabo first then possibly I really dont know how we would work this out but im willing to try.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:54:31 »
I know that a ring is getting ordered for the ockc (I think that's right) GB, so we'll have those soon.

If I was going to be doing more cap makery, I'd get one myself.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 23:05:54 »
I know that a ring is getting ordered for the ockc (I think that's right) GB, so we'll have those soon.

If I was going to be doing more cap makery, I'd get one myself.
lol should have thought about as im helping running that groupbuy, though its going to canada

Just thought about something all I should have to do is buy one of the red power caps from qwerkeys and that should represent the red then compare the white and the red to what SP has I actually might be able to ask the guy running the OCKC groupbuy to do that since hes got the color ring.

Offline TDub

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 02:21:58 »
I think doing only part of the none 1x keys in B series would look wierd. I think it would make more sense to offer full set of modifiers from thier regular keys, which matches the color of the 1x B series we are ordering or a color combo that works well with the B series colors we are ordering.

That way we would have one complete QWERKey set with all 1x keys being B series. What do you guys think?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: [IC] QWERKeys B Series Set
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 02:35:01 »
I think doing only part of the none 1x keys in B series would look wierd. I think it would make more sense to offer full set of modifiers from thier regular keys, which matches the color of the 1x B series we are ordering or a color combo that works well with the B series colors we are ordering.

That way we would have one complete QWERKey set with all 1x keys being B series. What do you guys think?
small problem MOQ of qwerkey mods is 100 and i dont think im going to hit any where near 100 sets.

Offline TDub

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 03:07:28 »
Mmh yeah I figured that would be a problem  :-[ Well we could always hope that one of the GB for Qwerkey mods comes through and they start offering them on their webpage. The other option would be to create a B series set that works with Qwerkey modifiers currently under discussion in one of the other QWERKey threads. Or we could talk to sleabo and ask him if he has an idea for a good solution on how to turn this into a full set ( or if it is even possible ).

I just feel these keys are really unique and will look awesome and it would be a really shame to mix them with other keys that don't fit .

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 03:13:30 »
What do you mean by dont fit?

Offline TDub

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 03:45:52 »
I mean color wise. If we have a nice set of B series keys and then all the 1x keys from some other none QWERkey set, i think it might be hard to find keys that look nice in combination wiht the B series on the same board.

Which is why it would be cool to have the none 1x keys from QWERkeys too, even if its not the B series, bc the colors would match.

To be clear I want a set either way but it would be cool to have matching none 1x keys.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 03:48:41 »
The keys from sp would be made to match as close as possible by getting a sample from qwerkeys and comparing to a color ring from sp, at leat that is my plan at the moment.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 03:53:09 »
The keys from sp would be made to match as close as possible by getting a sample from qwerkeys and comparing to a color ring from sp, at leat that is my plan at the moment.

Getting a few samples of coloured "B" keys off QWERkeys maybe the only way to step forward.  Once they are in, then we can proceed forward with "SP" and their similar coloured Modifiers.

It'll be a risk but it will be worth it to get these keys.

Offline TDub

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 04:27:46 »
One simple combination of SP and QWERkeys could be black base & white font SP mods (like the ones the offer right now on their webpage), with black base dark red center and white infill for the B series. I think that could look really cool.

One possible issue though
If i remember correctly sleabo said the B series is all the same height, while the SP keys have different height depending on the row right? Not sure if this is really and issue or if it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Offline pasph

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 05:24:32 »
Please not red-white-red, not another RA

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:56:09 »
I'll be watching this as well.  Not sure how I feel about the same size all across the board...

Anyone capable of doing mockups?  I wanna see what a full set of B series would look like...

Offline chrono000

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:44:12 »
I'll be watching this as well.  Not sure how I feel about the same size all across the board...

Anyone capable of doing mockups?  I wanna see what a full set of B series would look like...

Yeah I'd love to see a full set of Bs as well.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 13:47:10 »
When I got the lambda group buy in I did a full keyboard of them and it felt really weird. That was the thick series, "K" I think.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:37:47 »
lol yeah those huge spherical ones. I couldn't imagine typing on those.
I love Elzy

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 01:07:32 »

Getting a few samples of coloured "B" keys off QWERkeys maybe the only way to step forward.  Once they are in, then we can proceed forward with "SP" and their similar coloured Modifiers.

It'll be a risk but it will be worth it to get these keys.
well you can order the single powerbutton keys from qwerkey I was just thinking of ordering one or 2 then comparing to the SP color ring.

One simple combination of SP and QWERkeys could be black base & white font SP mods (like the ones the offer right now on their webpage), with black base dark red center and white infill for the B series. I think that could look really cool.

One possible issue though
If i remember correctly sleabo said the B series is all the same height, while the SP keys have different height depending on the row right? Not sure if this is really and issue or if it doesn't make that much of a difference.

yes b series are one profile and SP does have a line of one profile caps I believe though idk if anyone has ever ordered them though even if we got them there is no guarentee that they would be the same profile as the B series. now wether or not we can get them in correct modifiers is the question i wouldnt know without contacting them if not the SP set would have to be their normal DCS profile and would only match in color.

this would look completely different in my book but if not that what is your suggested color?

I would like to see this as well and possibly with that doubleshot modifiers matched up just to see the possible out come

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 01:42:27 »
You know, looking at the picture of that f row/number row with the RA2.0 stuff, I bet it would look good with the RA2.0 red mods or the red cherry stuff that's floating around, too.

Just as an idea, of course.

Or if more people would prefer: do a blue/white/blue in prep for the upcoming CCnB stuff or green/white/green to match the CCnG.  (I'm saying this as full input sets to use with mods people may currently have to help with finding good looking modifiers.)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 02:58:34 »
I was thinking about offer the b series set and then the mods as an add on andone know off hand what moq would be for mods from SP?

Offline pasph

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 04:53:48 »
this would look completely different in my book but if not that what is your suggested color?

Purple on medium gray, red on purple, yellow on green, blue on sky blue don't know...something different
I know...not usual don't sell

Offline MechKey

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 12:24:19 »
Interested in red on white ones.  Last picture.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 14:54:26 »
Just got word back from Sleabo there is a MOQ of 15 sets whether we do 72 keys or 86 through them.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 October 2012, 14:57:18 by TheProfosist »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 15:00:59 »
That shouldn't be too hard to fill that minimum  ^-^

Gimmie gimmie

Would love the full 104 for num-pad love.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 October 2012, 15:02:43 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 15:06:13 »
Ops forgot to post pricing, this is what i got via email:

Hi

a 72 set would be £75 per set, MOQ 15 sets

an 86 sets would be £85 per set, MOQ 15 sets

thanks

Dan

Offline TDub

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 18:15:24 »
Just to clarify: 72 = TKL, 86 = fullsize?

Both only 1x keys of course right?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 18:19:48 »
Just got word back from Sleabo there is a MOQ of 15 sets whether we do 72 keys or 86 through them.

Damn only 15 required.  The 86 is my main INTEREST.

Need to select the colours that are currently available.......... has he posted the names/numbers of the new colours yet?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 23:24:57 »
Just to clarify: 72 = TKL, 86 = fullsize?

Both only 1x keys of course right?
yes 72=TKL and 86=FullSize
only 1x keyd from QWERkeys

Damn only 15 required.  The 86 is my main INTEREST.

Need to select the colours that are currently available.......... has he posted the names/numbers of the new colours yet?
yea i thihnk we should be able to reach the 15 MOQ already

The colors and their names should be in this thread http://tinyurl.com/8ncrk3o

Charcoal
Mid Grey
Smoke Grey
Light Charcoal
Parchment White
Lilac
Light Magenta
Royal Blue
Powder Blue
Midnight Blue
Leaf Green
Mint Green
Lime Green
Olive Green
Transparent

Also so far the most interest has been in the Red/White with Red Etch. Not that it for sure is going to be selected for the groupbuy but it would be nice to have a mockup of it at least then people request other color schemes.

What do you guys think should i start getting in contact with SP about the modifiers?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 03:44:46 »

Also so far the most interest has been in the Red/White with Red Etch.

What do you guys think should i start getting in contact with SP about the modifiers?

Didn't Ragnorock already run a complete RA2 Group Buy involving them? Why would you have a Group Buy going for Red on White again?

Maybe I'm the only one that knows that............go figure.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 October 2012, 03:50:18 by Elrick »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 13:12:08 »

Also so far the most interest has been in the Red/White with Red Etch.

Didn't Ragnorock already run a complete RA2 Group Buy involving them? Why would you have a Group Buy going for Red on White again?

Maybe I'm the only one that knows that............go figure.
I dont think anyone has done a groupbuy with the b series keycaps and the only reason that Red/White with Red is currecntly at the top is because that is what people have shown interest in I think a mockup needs to happen before people will show interest in anything else.

Offline chrono000

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 16:10:52 »
I agree get a image done!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 16:29:56 »
I agree get a image done!
If i knew how to do that sort of thing i would have had one done ages a go

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 16:42:39 »
Alright since I have no skills in the mockup department i have thrown out a plea for help, hopefully someone capable responds.

Offline nullstring

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 18:37:03 »
I'd love green-white-green.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 19:08:47 »
Im working on getting some mockups as we speak.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 19:10:29 »
I'd love green-white-green.

Ditto......I'm with him as well.  Green, green glorious green.  ;)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 20:06:28 »
First-pass Red-White-Red layout.  I will expand to TKL and 104 later, and THEN will do some other color options.

Enjoy!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 20:18:08 »
First-pass Red-White-Red layout.  I will expand to TKL and 104 later, and THEN will do some other color options.

Enjoy!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Awesome, nice job, and thanks for doing this for my little groupbuy.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 21:46:28 »
I believe this was the Brunswick Green you were looking for.

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 October 2012, 21:48:58 by samwisekoi »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 23:11:27 »
Nice a full set!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 23:35:59 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

THIS IS IT......  I desperately want this baby.  The Colours are perfect and Sleabo should easily be able to make it happen just like what you've shown here.

I think this one is far better looking than the CC&G's.........there I said it.  Expecting a lynching to happen soon.  :p

Let me know the cost, will be buying at least two or maybe three complete sets.  And it needs to be delivered to my door as fast as.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 October 2012, 23:38:54 by Elrick »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 23:53:37 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

THIS IS IT......  I desperately want this baby.  The Colours are perfect and Sleabo should easily be able to make it happen just like what you've shown here.

I think this one is far better looking than the CC&G's.........there I said it.  Expecting a lynching to happen soon.  :p

Let me know the cost, will be buying at least two or maybe three complete sets.  And it needs to be delivered to my door as fast as.
yes he should easily be able to make the 1x keys as for the larger than 1x I believe we still are going to have to go through SP

Lol, CC&G isnt may favorite...

cost so far per 1x set i believe is £85 at a MOQ of 15

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 08:23:50 »
Dang, I like that more than CCnG, too.  I wouldn't even mind getting all but shift/enter in this for my pure or the upcoming 60% phantom

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 08:41:48 »
I think this looks a tad better with tilde and the two odd numpad singles in Brunswick Green to match the rest of the perimeter.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I know that this is a B Series thread, but if a set like this could be made in Qwerkeys' normal profile, I'd be in for one.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 08:45:16 »
Would you mind doing a dark blue version mock up as well?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 09:14:23 »
I wouldn't even mind getting all but shift/enter in this for my pure or the upcoming 60% phantom

My thoughts exactly.

- Ron | samwisekoi

[edit] Sorry; the tilde key is mis-labeled as "Apps".  Imagine a world where it was corrected.  :cool: [/edit]
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2012, 10:38:37 by samwisekoi »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 09:21:05 »
Would you mind doing a dark blue version mock up as well?

Sure.  Blue, Midnight Blue, or Royal Blue?

- Ron | samwisekoi

[edit] Went with Midnight Blue. [/edit]
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2012, 10:24:50 by samwisekoi »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 10:28:23 »
OK, after staring at this keyboard for several hours in all sizes and colors, I must say that GREEN is the big winner, IMHO.

Especially in the Pure.

Could we expand the [IC] question to include J-series as well? http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk/pages/keycaps-info

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 12:22:37 »
I like both.

I was also hoping we could run the GB with two colors for the exact reason I mentioned; as I want my pure to be my blue period board (blue switches/led/cable/caps/case) and the baby phantom to be the same idea in green.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 12:42:10 »
I like both.

I was also hoping we could run the GB with two colors for the exact reason I mentioned; as I want my pure to be my blue period board (blue switches/led/cable/caps/case) and the baby phantom to be the same idea in green.

IRL viewing might be different, but I must say that making the mockups it was very hard to distinguish between blue and green legends on the white faces.  Red was very distinct, but not so much the darkest green vs. the darkest blue from Qwerkeys.   Frankly, I had to zoom to 400% to be sure I had made the change.

Since all the mods will be from SB anyhow, perhaps we could get the Qwerkeys three-color with Midnight Blue or Brunswick Green sides and their Black legends.  Then the SB should be "matching" dark blue or "matching" dark green with white legends.

I'll do a couple of quick mockups.

Just a thought.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 12:51:31 »
Well, if enough people want, we can get all but shift and enter keys in matching B series, too.  I don't know how goofy that would look, but considering that for 60% keyboards, that's two keys total...

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 13:31:02 »
Well, if enough people want, we can get all but shift and enter keys in matching B series, too.  I don't know how goofy that would look, but considering that for 60% keyboards, that's two keys total...
If that would put mods on the shelf for purchase from qwer it would be a good thing for everyone...
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:12:16 »
I think this looks a tad better with tilde and the two odd numpad singles in Brunswick Green to match the rest of the perimeter.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I know that this is a B Series thread, but if a set like this could be made in Qwerkeys' normal profile, I'd be in for one.
yes it does look better would probably be hard to add 2 more caps to SP when i ask about pricing.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:14:37 »
yes that is true I would have to get a new quote from QWERkeys then but now that we have the mockup it should be hard to explain what were looking for.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:18:04 »
Could we expand the [IC] question to include J-series as well? http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk/pages/keycaps-info

- Ron | samwisekoi
No I believe there is already a groupbuy going for their standard keys this groupbuy is specifically for B series because of their distinctive look.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:19:23 »
If that would put mods on the shelf for purchase from qwer it would be a good thing for everyone...
Mods from QWER have a MOQ of 100 period. and i don think this interest check is anywhere near that...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:32:39 »

- Ron | samwisekoi
No I believe there is already a groupbuy going for their standard keys this groupbuy is specifically for B series because of their distinctive look.

Ah, wait. I'm in the other Qwerkey GB threads already. I just went back to their website and see that the awesome triple-shot plastic is only available in B-series.

I don't think I'd like to touch-type all day on them, but they would be awesome on a 60% board.

The SB profiles would have to be carefully chosen.

Count me in for a set in Green.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:40:22 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

Ah, wait. I'm in the other Qwerkey GB threads already. I just went back to their website and see that the awesome triple-shot plastic is only available in B-series.

I don't think I'd like to touch-type all day on them, but they would be awesome on a 60% board.

The SB profiles would have to be carefully chosen.

Count me in for a set in Green.

- Ron | samwisekoi
just though I should clarify that Bseries is not triple shot just double with etch +infill

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:43:45 »
Yep. Got that.

Tri-color?

They are awesome, however.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:49:44 »
Yep. Got that.

Tri-color?

They are awesome, however.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Yea would you mind doing a green mockup with the just the 2x and larger keys (stabilized keys) being DBL shot ones from SP someone brought up that idea and im just wondering how it looks. I dont think it will look as good as the second revison of your fullsize but we wont know until we try.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 16:56:39 »
I think for the SP caps we are going to need DSA

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:00:01 »
Yea would you mind doing a green mockup with the just the 2x and larger keys (stabilized keys) being DBL shot ones from SP someone brought up that idea and im just wondering how it looks. I dont think it will look as good as the second revison of your fullsize but we wont know until we try.

Sure; easy.  To be clear, you want all the <2x keys in green-white-green?

- Ron | samwisekoi

[edit] Here you go.  It looks better than I expected.  I think the numpad "dot" should still be green with white legend, however. [/edit]
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:16:23 by samwisekoi »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:07:42 »

- Ron | samwisekoi
yep as that is the most prefered color currently.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:21:30 »
Wait.  Did I get the Backspace wrong?  (I have no proper keyboards here to verify.)

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:41:46 »
Wait.  Did I get the Backspace wrong?  (I have no proper keyboards here to verify.)

- Ron | samwisekoi
yes you did backspace is a 2x cap

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:43:02 »
I think for the SP caps we are going to need DSA

Qwerkeys' K-series would work and be easier to color-match.

If only they could do mods...

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:43:36 »
I'm pretty sure they can do their K-series for mods, but your pricing will be a little weird.
I love Elzy

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:45:43 »
O and caps is a 1.75x key so that one shouldnt be a all green key.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:48:25 »
That is correct that QWERkeys can do mods but to my knowledge we have to hit a MOQ of 100 which i dont perceive us hitting.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:49:05 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

[edit] Here you go.  It looks better than I expected.  I think the numpad "dot" should still be green with white legend, however. [/edit]

I really like this.

To clarify, do we have to have 100 full sets to do this or 100 keys?

I'd like a blue/white/blue as well (if you don't mind doing two sets, of course), unless it's 100 sets, then I'm not entirely sure that's possible. 

Additionally, please don't think I'm trying to co-opt things, I'm just giving out ideas liberally.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:51:02 »
That is correct that QWERkeys can do mods but to my knowledge we have to hit a MOQ of 100 which i dont perceive us hitting.

I thought MOQ was only for B series caps.

At least, that's all that mentions requiring an MOQ on his website.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:53:45 »
O and caps is a 1.75x key so that one shouldnt be a all green key.

Fixed.  Looks less good, IMHO.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:58:02 »
It loses some of the uniformity.  Maybe keep the caps lock a normal DS?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:59:05 »
The MOQ for just 1x keys for b series is 15 sets for 86 keys which would match this mockup at what I got the quote so far for from QWERkeys.

No there is a MOQ of 100 for mods it was mentioned in a thread where they were looking for a complete k series set.

yea there is no moq for mods on the website because mods arnt even mentioned on the website only 1x keys are listed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:01:05 by TheProfosist »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:01:24 »
Ahh, well balderdash!

Do you think we could get 15 people that want blue/white/blue, too or do you want to just have to deal with the one option for now?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:05:23 »
Ahh, well balderdash!

Do you think we could get 15 people that want blue/white/blue, too or do you want to just have to deal with the one option for now?
i think in this interest check we just make the 15 MOQ we might be just over if everyone that has shown interest wants the green as many people said they wanted red-white-red which I agree is too close to RA.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:07:00 »
No worries.  Maybe next time, then.

Of course, I may just fall in love with CCnB whenever it decides to get made and let it be done with that.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:10:33 »
Besides color we have to also decide on which layout to go with. I would probably pick from one of the 3 below (preferably #1 or #3 as it simplifies ordering ever so slightly):

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:18:37 »
#2 for me.

And with just an extra "shorty" shift key, it would go nicely on a Pure.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:18:55 »
Besides color we have to also decide on which layout to go with.

Show Image

I want this one.  It's the most striking and I love having a little more Dark Green everywhere.  I just love Green above all else.  It almost reminds me of an Industrial Green used in Drilling Machinery.  Very masculine and tough.  This is NOT a colour for Nancies or Sissies.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:25:59 »
Well I just thought of something we could do both number 1 and 2 easily enough as we just need to order more caps from SP to make #2 work instead of #1. And I already have the quote for the QWERkeys part of #1 as well I could move forware on that as soon as we had 15 people interested in a single color.

As for the short shift and im sure people will be interested in other addons they can be done pertaining there is enough interest. I would really like some more input than just the 3 of use though as we do need 15 orders minimum to make this happen.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:33:44 »
Also though id make sure but the gree you guys are looking at is the one that they used for the power keycaps in post 2 right, if so thats a good thing as it will be relatively easy to get a sample cap then to match the colors for SP caps.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:49:13 »
Also though id make sure but the gree you guys are looking at is the one that they used for the power keycaps in post 2 right, if so thats a good thing as it will be relatively easy to get a sample cap then to match the colors for SP caps.

I used Brunswick Green from the Qwerkeys color chart.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 19:49:50 »
Make that four for number 2. 

EDIT: For some reason, my brain wasn't processing correctly and it just realized this is a $120 buy.  I may have to tap out on this for now...
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2012, 22:35:37 by tjcaustin »

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 20:58:48 »
My feeling is the more b series keycaps, the better so number 3 if it is doable.

also, red white red is out of question?

as for the green I think brunswick green is too dark compared to the model we see in the intial to the images, nah?

anyway, just to say i would be mainly interested in red or a lighter green.

cheers

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 21:00:51 »
ok forget about the brunswick green, its the same as in the first page. That being said, only green would be possible on this run?

cheers

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 22:57:37 »
well me need a MOQ of 15 for each color we do.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 14:29:50 »
why no layout where "~`" and "|\" are the same color as the the alphas?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 14:31:14 »
They won't be able to do |\ in B-Series so it would look really weird.
I love Elzy

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 14:35:10 »
#2 for me  ;D

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline TheBackgammon

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 21:09:28 »
Up for a set! either #2 or #3 would be great.

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 07:52:48 »
then put me in for a red white red one

fingers crossed

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 09:55:29 »

Where are we so far?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 10:26:40 »
I would be interested in red and white also.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 15:02:07 »
We have enough in red/white/red i dont think we do on the green I also need to contact sp about their part in this.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 15:10:54 »
104 in Green!  :D the thought is so exciting  ;D

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 01:40:08 »
Anyone know where i can make a poll for this? Or if someone want go ahead and make one

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 18:25:13 »
Thought I could help with this in my own noobish way.

Options are,
Red
6577-0
Blue
6573-1
Green
6575-2
Layout A
6579-3
Layout B
6581-4
Layout C
6583-5

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 October 2012, 09:55:07 by Binge »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 18:32:25 »
Voted and added link to post in OP

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 20:05:43 »
IC results added.  Refresh the page if your vote does not show on the result image.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 20:30:03 »
IC results added.  Refresh the page if your vote does not show on the result image.
nice job

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 10:05:59 »
At the risk of sounding worried the blue-crew is pulling ahead in votes, but at least people have good taste and are going with Layout B.  Where are all of the votes for Green-White-Green?  I was positive I saw more people eyeing up this thread a week or so ago  :p

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 14:23:01 »
We need more votes and more people period :(

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 15:21:29 »
Just voted!\

Offline chrono000

« Reply #150 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:20:19 »
So just to be clear if we get a set it will only be in one profile? So if i was to look at the keyboard from the side with a set they would all have the same angle?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:44:44 »
whole board one profile, yes

Offline chrono000

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 20:36:04 »
Damn, that would be too weird to type on.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:08:45 »
Is this for Just one key(like a novelty key) or a full layout?
SmallFry! <3

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 02:21:51 »
Is this for Just one key(like a novelty key) or a full layout?

Full layout if I understand it correctly.

Offline i488

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 00:48:50 »
count me in for at least 1 104 set

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 00:57:12 »
count me in for at least 1 104 set
please vote if you havnt

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:08:35 »
Just voted!\
thanks!

still need 9 more people if were doing blue...

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #158 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:50:17 »
Looks like an impressive interest in the blue.  I voted green because that's what I want, but I'd still buy a B-series set no matter the color :D

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 05:48:29 »
I'm actually quite interested in what's going on here. Those B series look sick.

The main problem for me is that I'm too picky when it comes to key profile and aesthetics. This means that would be quite rare to type on a keyboard that have 5 keys with different profile, legends and color like the modifiers.

Are the B series modifiers just impossible to do or the main obstacle is that we need MOQ of 100?

If the MOQ of 100 means 100 individual modifier keys we would be reaching 75 with for our 15 sets which is not that far.

I read the whole thread but there are some things not clear enough for me so sorry if this have been aswered before.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 11:20:25 »
Moq was 100 sleabo changed it to 15 sets when i asked for a quoute on a full set. So we need 15 people wanting the same color at least.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 19:33:08 »
voted for red and B layout! :D hope we can work this out!

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 21:18:36 »
Moq was 100 sleabo changed it to 15 sets when i asked for a quoute on a full set. So we need 15 people wanting the same color at least.
I understood that but I think I didn't explain myself at all.

Is QWERKEYS capable of producing Large Modifiers(LShift, RShift, Ansi Enter, Backspace) in B series profile?

I understood before that they were capable but the MOQ for those modifiers was too high. I would like to know that because combining keycaps for me is a big problem, don't like to have different profile keys on a keyboard even if it's a single one.

By the way I already voted in the poll for Blue colour but I wouldn't care at all if we decide to use another one.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 21:21:26 »
They can do large modifiers at a MOQ of 100 which we could never hit sadly.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 10:13:30 »
would there be a way to get a uniform profile regardless of the keys being B-series? would you be willing to check it out?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 10:24:52 »
would there be a way to get a uniform profile regardless of the keys being B-series? would you be willing to check it out?

Like K-series?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 13:53:44 »
im confused with what your looking for.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:19:44 »
Maybe he's looking for uniform profile keys like the B series without the special colour combos. Something like this in B series uniform profile.

At least is what I understand.

They can do large modifiers at a MOQ of 100 which we could never hit sadly.

By the way, I guess this mean we need to order 100 x Backspace, 100 x RShift , 100 x LShift and 100 x Enter. Don't understand why they need such a big order.

We could gain interest by adding the choice of having RGB sets made of B series keys, something like a "Moogle kit" adapted to this B series Set. The set could include ( Modified mockup, it's from Moogle Kit 3 made by Hasbaz):

Since all the keys have the same profile Rshift for keyboards like Pure or G80-1800 could be done too because it has the same size as Caps Lock.

We should gain some interest with those B series kit to reach the MOQ.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 08:04:15 »
Maybe he's looking for uniform profile keys like the B series without the special colour combos. Something like this in B series uniform profile.

Show Image

At least is what I understand.

^ this ^

Thank you for saying it in a few more words. :-)

Offline absolut3

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 14:18:44 »
I am interested in this GB. I chose green option 3 but I might be interested in other colors as well. 

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 15:05:28 »
Currently we have a majority and 15 interested persons.  What do people think about giving this a period of time and closing the poll and posting a new IC poll just to tally for the MOQ?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 16:18:02 »
Currently we have a majority and 15 interested persons.  What do people think about giving this a period of time and closing the poll and posting a new IC poll just to tally for the MOQ?
i would like to see more of a mjority for the color but I wouldnt mind once that happens doing what your suggesting.

Offline i488

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 19:50:50 »
how is this IC going?
GB happening soon ;D

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 14 November 2012, 17:10:19 »
how is this IC going?
GB happening soon ;D
were about 2/3rds the way to the GB

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:39:12 »
how is this IC going?
GB happening soon ;D

Sweet. I hope to join in the next one.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 17:55:03 »
lol nice
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 05:12:45 »
how is this IC going?
GB happening soon ;D

Sweet. I hope to join in the next one.
Amen lol

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2