Author Topic: [IC] GON GH60 case  (Read 5355 times)

Offline nebo

[IC] GON GH60 case
« on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:15:02 »
For those who don't know, GON makes http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44147]some pretty sick cases for his own 38GT PCB as well as two others designed of his own. With the GH60s starting to ship and only, what 10 or so cases, I figure why not have another one out there.

GON has said in the past that it is a pretty tedious process to make each plate design so I don't know if it'd help him if we provided the schematics of the GH60 plates we want, that'd depend I guess on how many want them. Until then this is just a check to see what designs that people are interested in.

IC form here!

Offline Aranair

• Software Engineer @ PocketMath
    • Tech blog
Re: [IC] GON GH60 case
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:25:03 »
What about hhkb style?:0

Present  : HHKB Pro 2 Type-S White | HHKB Pro 2 White Blank | Ergodox EZ
Past      :  Poker 2 Brown | Black Widow Ultimate Blue | Filco TKL Brown

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:29:39 »
I had plans to come out with something like this in the summer for a budget friendly case. The design is simple enough to do. I'm hoping for sub $80. Difference will be single-thickness laser cut stainless steel instead of 2 level of thickness with CNC aluminum. This should make it a bit heavier and cheaper as well. Although, it definitely won't have as many plate choices as the GH60 GB. And sourced from manufacturers in the US means less shipping withing the US.

How much are you guys paying for shipping from Korea? I have one of these cases from GON, but I didn't pay for it so I don't know how much it was out the door.

Offline nebo

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:41:06 »
What about hhkb style?:0
What are you talking about, it's totally there. :shiftyeyes:

I had plans to come out with something like this in the summer for a budget friendly case. The design is simple enough to do. I'm hoping for sub $80. Difference will be single-thickness laser cut stainless steel instead of 2 level of thickness with CNC aluminum. This should make it a bit heavier and cheaper as well. Although, it definitely won't have as many plate choices as the GH60 GB. And sourced from manufacturers in the US means less shipping withing the US.

How much are you guys paying for shipping from Korea? I have one of these cases from GON, but I didn't pay for it so I don't know how much it was out the door.
I'm open to others. With his normal cases I think shipping is ~$20.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:42:25 »

Will switch tops be removable with yours? :p

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:33:12 »
I'm open to others. With his normal cases I think shipping is ~$20.

If GON comes out with one, I'll probably just make one for myself. Or maybe a small batch, but definitely don't want to deal with some complicated GB.

Will switch tops be removable with yours? :p

I feel that all custom plates should have this feature.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 15:24:31 »
I would definitely be interested in one of these in ISO, preferable in a kinda JIS layout like this:

I know it's a long shot :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 June 2013, 15:29:34 by Broadmonkey »

Offline mauri

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 20:58:06 »
I always figured the gh60 plates were all the same size :0 this changes _everything_  :p
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 08:41:04 »
I always figured the gh60 plates were all the same size :0 this changes _everything_  :p

They aren't?

Offline mauri

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 17:37:41 »
They aren't?

they aren't are they? will they have been as far as being? Can't tell if serious, sarcastic or asking me
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline nebo

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 17:39:10 »
They aren't?

they aren't are they? will they have been as far as being?

This isn't happening, but the GH60 are all the same size. How the case would have been designed uses the top piece as an integrated plate so that different choices were to accommodate that.

Offline vorn

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 03:39:28 »
Such a nice case design!
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 July 2013, 04:46:25 by vorn »

Offline vorn

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 04:45:51 »

WFD: Do your future 60% cases consider the plate you've provided in the GH60 GB?

Offline simkev

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 17:12:09 »
I would definitely be interested in one of these in ISO, preferable in a kinda JIS layout like this:
(Attachment Link)
How did you make that picture? Teach me.
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 05:22:55 »
(Attachment Link)
How did you make that picture? Teach me.

I too would like to know! Tried merging two parts of a keyboard layout the other day and made a mess.