Author Topic: [IC] J-01 Rev 1 Prices and Dates Announced (Isolation Gasket 65% with Macrokeys)  (Read 77932 times)

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
Beyond stoked for this board. Thanks for adding the extra units, Jae. I hope we can all get one.

Thanks - I'm hoping its a good mid ground between demand and GB size - but we will see :D

Is it at a specific time on September 5th?
what time specifically on September 5th?

I'll announce the time early next week - a few days beofre the LE raffle. It will be the same time for the GB a week later as well

Really great board Jae!! I watched your J-01 rev1 prototype build as well as the original J-01 build vods from other streamer and the board is gorgeous and sound great. Happy to see the refinements you made for the board.

I didn't make it for the IC form (closed already), however I hope I can get a slot :) GL with the GB!

Thank you for the kind words!!

sorry, wanted to clarify, will POM plates still be an option?

In the first post, POM plates are listed under "colors/options", but are not mentioned under "GB details".

Initially I wanted to offer POM but after testing the material in the prototype I'm not happy with it, so dont want to offer it in the GB - I was very happy with an FR4 plate so that has replaced it. All plate files will be available before the GB ships so you can arrange additional materials directly

Offline neutralstate

They won't be. Jae mentioned in his Discord that he got samples, but he wasn't happy with the quality.

Initially I wanted to offer POM but after testing the material in the prototype I'm not happy with it, so dont want to offer it in the GB - I was very happy with an FR4 plate so that has replaced it. All plate files will be available before the GB ships so you can arrange additional materials directly

i see, thank you both!

@Jae - what made you happy about the FR4 plate? trying to see if i should grab a cf or FR4 plate...

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
They won't be. Jae mentioned in his Discord that he got samples, but he wasn't happy with the quality.

i see, thank you both!

@Jae - what made you happy about the FR4 plate? trying to see if i should grab a cf or FR4 plate...

I like the sound profile and feel of the material - as well as how nice it can look

Offline neutralstate

I like the sound profile and feel of the material - as well as how nice it can look

Will probably go for FR4 then since its supposedly flexier than CF.

Excited for the GB!

Offline timtamale

I really love the logo but it's hard to pass on the optional F1-10. I'd definitely go for it if the logo was inlaid brass or something though.

Offline dmatx1

I'd definitely go for it if the logo was inlaid brass or something though.

You can infill it.

Offline Paitupai

I'd definitely go for it if the logo was inlaid brass or something though.

You can infill it.

Yup I'm planning to do that if I'm lucky enough to get one of the board. Been wanting to try that since I read and watched the infill tutorial by Jae :D

F1-10 looks really clean though, but IMO the logo makes for a personal touch of the board maker/designer, something I really like.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
Here are the colour samples for the red and blue. The red has changed after getting in some sample cards next to another prototype in a similar colour

Red (on the Isla Prototype)

Blue (on the Allison Prototype)

Offline lunr

the dark navy(?) or blue looks preeeeetty

Offline FlitzDeelman

Jae, are the numpads something you’re working on, or has that GB already run?

I’d be interested in a numpad GB, if I manage to snag a matching J-01.

Edit: aargh, different boards, sorry!

...and if you made numpads, they’d need matching rails of course!
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2020, 15:47:25 by FlitzDeelman »

Offline Surefoot

It looks purple to me (on a calibrated screen), is the photo white balance correct, or is there a colour shift somehow ? Or is that the actual colour ?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
omg the allison looks so sick.  Not to get off-topic, but is that an upcoming project?

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack

Maybe numpads at some point...

omg the allison looks so sick.  Not to get off-topic, but is that an upcoming project?

GB at some point - both Mr Petrov and I are keen to get on with that one

It looks purple to me (on a calibrated screen), is the photo white balance correct, or is there a colour shift somehow ? Or is that the actual colour ?

Its blue - the photo was taken under my old stream set up with an iphone but I dont have calibrated screens or anything. There are more pictures of the blue in different lighting on my intsa:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgpDWpnb-R/

Offline FlitzDeelman

Maybe numpads at some point...

Then, here's hoping I get lucky once (I snag a J-01), twice (you make matching numpads) and thrice (I snag one of those too)!

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
J-01 Rev 1 Limited Edition Raffle (20 public spots) goes live at 8pm UK time on Saturday 29th August (3pm EST, Noon PST) https://time.is/London

Form will be posted on discord and in the OP

Offline Paitupai

J-01 Rev 1 Limited Edition Raffle (20 public spots) goes live at 8pm UK time on Saturday 29th August (3pm EST, Noon PST) https://time.is/London

Form will be posted on discord and in the OP

Wooo!! hoping to be lucky to snatch one  :)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
So excited, can't wait.  Crossing everything I have.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline FireLock

20 units, prob 1000 entries. 2% Chance. Already building it in my mind haha

Skickat frĺn min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack

Offline KaosJ

EU folks - these are the prices without VAT - if you have an EU address VAT will be applied on top at 20% automatically at checkout

Will this ship from UK?
not sure with the brexit thing, if i'm in EU will i have to pay the 20% of VAT + custom fees or only the VAT? 

Offline dmatx1

Will this ship from UK?
Yes.

not sure with the brexit thing, if i'm in EU will i have to pay the 20% of VAT + custom fees or only the VAT?
Nobody is sure. Currently you have to pay 20% UK VAT and time will tell what happens.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 August 2020, 12:08:27 by dmatx1 »

Offline SVanE

Hopefully I can get my hand on one, as my first custom keyboard, I really like it, the price is no problemo

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk

Offline haystack

It's interesting to see the numbers for limited buys like this. With the rapid growth of the hobby, the number of satisfied people doesn't change much, but thousands more are disappointed with each limited sale or raffle opportunity. A hard problem for makers, brands, and vendors who depend on satisfied customers.