Author Topic: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit (Closed for Orders, 97% shipped. SEE LAST POSTS)  (Read 383167 times)

Offline V1ral

Re: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit
« Reply #1250 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 13:00:15 »
It wasn't make completely clear, but if I ordered a teensy and don't care about getting a not-yet-confirmed color, I should just request a refund for it? I went and changed my colored plate option to (burnt) bronze back when that was being discussed.

Although at this point, I don't know if I'm still as enthusiastic about this as I was when I first placed the order. Or if I have the time anymore to assemble it...

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1251 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 18:35:50 »
Yah, use the contact form on the site to email me.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1252 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:20:57 »
has anyone decided on a bluetooth dev kit yet? i'm getting closer to being able to hack on the infinity firmware and a BT mixed mode soc

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1253 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:21:58 »
has anyone decided on a bluetooth dev kit yet? i'm getting closer to being able to hack on the infinity firmware and a BT mixed mode soc

I am interested but I have not much programming knowledge or advanced soldering skills... :(

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1254 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:22:50 »
enthusiasm always helps!~

Offline Greeeg

« Reply #1255 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:46:28 »

I've always been planning to use the CC2540. You can buy pre-buit modules for cheaper than a tall cappuccino. (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetooth-4-0-BLE-from-serial-communication-module-straight-drive-mode-CC2540-CC2541-RF-BM-S02/32267866296.html)

These module come with a simple serial to bluetooth application. However if you get one with P21/P20 broken out, and have TI's dev tool CC debugger. You can program your own application code, I have seen it work flawlessly running a bluetooth keyboard protocol. The CC2540 has 2 hardware UART modules. Basically all it needs to do is interpret UART messages that the infinity PCB spits out.

I have made a minimal start, but probably won't make much progress without the infinity PCB.

Hardware should be trivial, Might take a bit of testing to determine the ideal location for the bluetooth module to get the best wireless performance.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1256 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:59:24 »
What does it take to drill through titanium plates.  If i wanted to add a hole to the top plate (for a trackpoint).  I understand the PCB will cause other issues. Just wondering about the titanium...

Cobalt drill bit and a drill press.  Those drill bits are to hard and fragile to be used with a hand held drill, and in the sizes that you would be working with for that, they would probably be in the $25 - $30 each range.

Ti is no joke trying to machine with traditional cutters.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jonlorusso

« Reply #1257 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 17:32:04 »
they would probably be in the $25 - $30 each range.

almost makes more sense to just cut a new plate.  is there a dxf for the plates floating around?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1258 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 18:28:02 »

I've always been planning to use the CC2540. You can buy pre-buit modules for cheaper than a tall cappuccino. (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetooth-4-0-BLE-from-serial-communication-module-straight-drive-mode-CC2540-CC2541-RF-BM-S02/32267866296.html)

These module come with a simple serial to bluetooth application. However if you get one with P21/P20 broken out, and have TI's dev tool CC debugger. You can program your own application code, I have seen it work flawlessly running a bluetooth keyboard protocol. The CC2540 has 2 hardware UART modules. Basically all it needs to do is interpret UART messages that the infinity PCB spits out.

I have made a minimal start, but probably won't make much progress without the infinity PCB.

Hardware should be trivial, Might take a bit of testing to determine the ideal location for the bluetooth module to get the best wireless performance.
can we source canned + chipant cc2540 module that doesn't have a counterfeit chip on it? ;)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1259 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 17:43:22 »

Offline Greeeg

« Reply #1260 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 04:12:07 »

can we source canned + chipant cc2540 module that doesn't have a counterfeit chip on it? ;)
Yes. The BR-LE 4.0 S3A you linked to states this in the description "Each BR-LE 4.0-S3A utilizes the TI CC2541 SoC".

I just recommended the Chinese ones because they would be cheap for a DIY solution. Also because I have some on my desk.

But if you wanted to sell it on an infinity board. You would probably have to go with a canned version. Also Panasonic do some alright modules. PAN172x but they're harder to solder BGA style boards. ~$17 in individual qty from digikey.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1261 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 18:55:57 »
oof, yah, that price is great, but the BGA mounting is a non-starter. the sparkfun is quite nice, but it is a limited run. eh. it sounds like taht's the soc to target anyway.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1262 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:10:16 »
bluetooth development discussion moved to here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71203.msg1723515#msg1723515

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1263 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 08:06:52 »
for folks who want gold, ray just pitched in for desert gold. any other takers? let's do this!

note we're doing desert gold regardless of whether others want in on it, so no need to think too hard. if you want it, you get it!

Any updates on this?

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1264 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 09:24:01 »
Looking to sell my kit. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1265 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 18:19:32 »
for folks who want gold, ray just pitched in for desert gold. any other takers? let's do this!

note we're doing desert gold regardless of whether others want in on it, so no need to think too hard. if you want it, you get it!

Any updates on this?
tammi just got back from vacation and is receiving the rest of the plates in a couple of days. she's going to do the colors that aren't gold and bronze first. i have a count on the gold and bronze and the list of colors people have put out there. i'll run them by her when she gets the plates. she's found some colors to be harder to apply, so i've been tossing out colors to her first.

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1266 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 14:18:03 »
Is it still possible to do a custom color? I have a good one in mind.
GODLIKE SmallFry in progress.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 18:27:27 »
I am still interested in Vector Purple and Aqua, my original choices.  Who do I have to pay off to make that happen?
purple's done. is the robin's egg blue close enough to aqua for you? if not, we can work out an aqua.

Hopefully it's not too late to respond to this.  :|  Robin's egg is probably too light/blue and not enough teal for my preferences (trying to match Hyperfuse...), but would do if there's no other option.  I don't remember exactly what it looks like though since the info is scattered throughout this thread.  Any chance of the OP being updated to reflect all the changes to the GB?

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1268 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 19:55:34 »
I think I'm going to sell my kit as well.

My kit had all of the following:
- Extra PCB
- Teensie
- Slotted plate
- Raw finish

I also have MX Clear switches with dark green stickers and clear switch covers. I prepared those for this kit, so I'm willing to sell that along with it.
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1269 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:10:15 »
I'll make mine available as well - just a plain kit with the normal plate. I had originally chosen teal, but it's looking like a lot has changed since then (concerning colors). PM if interested.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1270 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:23:56 »
We're doing burnt bronze for bronze to keep tammi sane; she already had it in stock. Speaking of sane, someone, probably geniekid, please remind me to summarize what has happened up to now so that I can update all the appropriate front pages

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1271 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:32:11 »
Since you're back on, I'll ask my question again: can we still get custom colors?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1272 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 18:13:34 »
if it's cool i will do my best to move heaven and earth to gitrdun

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1273 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 18:27:23 »
if it's cool i will do my best to move heaven and earth to gitrdun

I will allow it.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1274 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 18:32:37 »
when are our choices final?  i got alot on my mind and can't really focus on this.

i'm deciding between burnt bronze and gold.  is there any chance we can get both plates and an mx switch in the same pic so we can calibrate colors on our end?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1275 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 18:53:41 »
gold has been collapsed to burnt bronze (there were very few golds). the painter is in a rush to get the plates out the door, so final (desired) numbers have been given for each paint code we ended up with. i expect that there will inevitably be color trades as people color coordinate with switches and keys. note that the most common colors by a mile were purple and titan gray, so there are more than enough of those to go around. there were actually not that many per color of the other colors, so i've filled them in to the best of my ability.

i am hopefully going to be able to help people with trading and with custom colors ex post facto without too much drama or cost. i have finally made some progress on sourcing more material at much more reasonable prices. fingers crossed and i know the second i just wrote that everything's going to come crashing down, but there you go.

realistically, i'm not going to make everyone 100% happy. the realities of budget busting and manufacturing have already come crashing down on that. if i get can get everyone to 75 or 80% i'll be blown away. yet, we try (for 100 we try harder, etc.)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1276 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 10:01:23 »
gold has been collapsed to burnt bronze (there were very few golds). the painter is in a rush to get the plates out the door, so final (desired) numbers have been given for each paint code we ended up with. i expect that there will inevitably be color trades as people color coordinate with switches and keys. note that the most common colors by a mile were purple and titan gray, so there are more than enough of those to go around. there were actually not that many per color of the other colors, so i've filled them in to the best of my ability.

i am hopefully going to be able to help people with trading and with custom colors ex post facto without too much drama or cost. i have finally made some progress on sourcing more material at much more reasonable prices. fingers crossed and i know the second i just wrote that everything's going to come crashing down, but there you go.

realistically, i'm not going to make everyone 100% happy. the realities of budget busting and manufacturing have already come crashing down on that. if i get can get everyone to 75 or 80% i'll be blown away. yet, we try (for 100 we try harder, etc.)

Ok so are you saying I will be getting the custom color in exchange for the teensy you didn't refund or you will now refund the teensy and I'm getting a color I did not want?

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #1277 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 17:14:23 »
Is the infinity jd40 likely to be on massdrop in the forseeable future?

Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
« Reply #1278 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 17:21:22 »
Yes. Though it may have some differences in comparison to the smallfry (these are yet to be determined).
Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1279 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 17:25:16 »
Yes. Though it may have some differences in comparison to the smallfry (these are yet to be determined).
I would assume no Sorbothane gasket, and probably not titanium plates.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1280 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 08:01:50 »

Ok so are you saying I will be getting the custom color in exchange for the teensy you didn't refund or you will now refund the teensy and I'm getting a color I did not want?
OK I received the teensy refund and while I appreciate that I wanted to address the fact that in the notes of the refund this request was referred to as a snide comment.

First of all this group buy is and has been for a while a complete disaster. What disturbs me the most is mkawa as the forum administrator should be held to a somewhat higher standard however he seems to get a free pass to collect peoples money and mismanage it while doing whatever he wants with it with zero regard for the concerns of the participants.

The only reason I participated was because I thought this buy was led by a responsible person and would be done quickly as the original timeline suggested.

It has been made very clear we as participants have no choice in the matter and we are definitely not getting what we ordered.

I'm sure I'll get another reply to shut my mouth or be banned as I've been warned in the past. Specifically I believe the threat was go along and get along or get out.

Well people need to be able to voice there frustrations and no it may not be helpful but does make me feel better about the money I spent almost a year ago with nothing to show for it.

And to answer the other part of the refund comment, what am I trying to accomplish? I want what was agreed upon previously but clearly that isn't happening.

I understand now this has turned into some twisted never ending 'keyboard science project' that will eventually lead to a final product to be sold on massdrop with everyone in this group buy getting the shaft while funding the beta testing.

But I must be the only one that still cares at this point or at least the only one willing to publicly say something. It's funny what people voice in private but won't say openly.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1281 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 12:43:29 »
But I must be the only one that still cares at this point or at least the only one willing to publicly say something. It's funny what people voice in private but won't say openly.

I paid for a notched titanium plate in a very specific colorway, both aspects of which are important to the build.  It seems I may still get notched plates, but I'm not sure.  Decisions were made to alter the coloring, which I (we) had very little say in.  You're not the only one that still cares, I assure you of that.

Offline r3nfr0

« Reply #1282 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 12:45:35 »
Personally, I enter group buys with zero expectations, including possible losing everything. It's not like you are ordering from a store.

That being said, I'm not excited about waiting for an experimental pcb.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1283 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 12:56:51 »
if we're updating the pcb, can we PLEASE add another hole for the 'enter' key.

i want to reverse a DSA stepped capslock on there

PLEASE PLEASE
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1284 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:16:22 »
if we're updating the pcb, can we PLEASE add another hole for the 'enter' key.

i want to reverse a DSA stepped capslock on there

PLEASE PLEASE

Not likely to happen. I already set everything in stone for the new PCB, and the design has been finished for a while.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1285 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 14:28:33 »
I'm not even angry, but I've been waiting almost two weeks now to find out what's been going on with my Teensy money. I'd really like a custom color, but I don't even know if those requests are still open.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 01:48:17 »
I care but this project has gone on for so long I've just been able to ignore it, which is I guess somewhat unfortunate since I'm 250$ into this buy (notched plate + extra pcb) not including teensy (which looks like it's no longer needed?) + cost of switches, thankfully TheChemist is willing to assemble the board and cover the cost of part which is very helpful.

One way to look at it is this, when mkawa loses we lose, he's putting in the work/time/effort and by the looks of it he's losing money to get this project shipped out the door. It is what it is, I can sympathize with those who aren't getting what they believe they paid for, though I suppose I'm lucky in that I personally am not too affected by the recent changes and delays.

Having said that I am still eagerly anticipating a JD40 board, having contacted jdcarpe before this buy even began asking him about purchasing one it's been something I've been wanting to have for a while now.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 07:36:02 »
the thousands of my own personal funds i am putting into producing these kits and to the ultimate donation (since there is no budget for donation anymore) is the highest standard that i can meet. did this turn into a science project with poor results? yes. is it totally and completely my fault? yes. is non-constructive negative feedback going to make the process easier or faster for anyone? no.

is everyone going to be happy with how this turns out? no. is anyone going to be happy with how this turns out? hopefully. hence, my goal is to avoid the absolute worst case: i am not 7bit. i am not the gh60 gb. i am not asking for anyone to feel better about what this situation. it sucks. i am aware. i am also aware that it is my fault that it sucks.

heck, if i helps you to complain here; if you feel even marginally better after dressing me down, then i say do it.

on that note, i asked ray to please think about what he is trying to accomplish with his comments. if it is getting better kits faster, then the comments simply don't help. these comments don't turn into pcbs, titanium, painting or the additional funds needed to pay all of the above. however, if they help you feel better about a crap situation, then by all means, turn the thread into a pitchfork and gore me with it.

so, will i ever run another large scale science experiment again? absolutely not. am i stuck with this one? yes i am. does goring me make the experiment run more quickly or produce better results? no.

-------------------

i am currently trying to obtain more, cheaper material and cheaper cutting to produce a batch of notched plates to get into paint.

i have an extremely strong lead on cheaper high quality material, but this material is all coming out of the surplus/spot market, so we're hunting for the right material on said market. i will snap it up when it does appear.

i have a lead on a new cutting shop that can make their promised lead times at better pricing.

rainbow is refining their process for painting the plates; i have given them my best effort numbers. every test plate costs about 80$ (assuming that the color is already in stock) and adds another plate that i have to produce with new material.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 09:41:41 »
remember last year when there was video updates?...good times  ^-^

Offline Greeeg

« Reply #1289 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 20:10:28 »
Almost one month from last update. Any progress on new supplier or cutter?
Any word when MD will do the PCBs?

Offline Tindron

« Reply #1290 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 21:30:57 »
remember last year when there was video updates?...good times  ^-^

And pictures!  ..so many memories..

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1291 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 18:44:29 »
i was going to write something long and concrete about this to keep speculation down to a minimum, but screw it.

andrew has left massdrop. massdrop has since reneged on their schedule, donation and pretty much everything else that was ever said to me. i've given the parties involved enough time, and i give up. at current, i am no longer associated with massdrop.com in any way shape or form.

the concrete plan has changed to me paying for an alternate design courtesy of carpekeyboards and in collaboration with bunnylake at ctrlalt.io, which have always been friends of the site, myself and the community, and won't spend 6 months screwing me and the group of thousands of dollars and hours/weeks of wasted time. if i sound bitter about massdrop, it's because i am; i have expressed this privately, diplomatically for months now, but massdrop.com does not deserve a single dollar from the keyboard community or commercial use of any of the community development that it has taken advantage since its inception.

regarding the new carpekeyboards pcb, it features an integrated controller that runs Hasu's TMK firmware (ie, same firmware as the classic JD40), and has more connectivity around the switches.

bunny has just ordered the first round of prototype boards. we'll be updating more often now that we have control of things again. carpekeyboards is making extremely good progress on the design, and once they're ready to talk about it in more detail, anything they say about their new design will apply to the smallfry as well. we are all paying for this board out of pocket, so please accept some patience on making sure the board is correct and costs are contained; at the moment we're looking at prices around 3x the cost of the original jd40 pcb, so i'm attempting to work out more buyers or less assembly at the factory.

FINAL NOTE: i have never said this explicitly (and no one has ever offered, despite me stating several times that there is no money for donation to the Walter family) BUT if anyone is willing to NOT TAKE DELIVERY of their product, I will donate any and all kit payments directly to the Walter family. Again, I still cannot give refunds, but if you opt to NOT RECEIVE YOUR PRODUCT, I WILL DONATE YOUR PAYMENT TO THE SMALLFRY'S FAMILY.

thanks for your patience everyone.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:11:32 by mkawa »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1292 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 18:53:52 »
i was going to write something long and concrete about this to keep speculation down to a minimum, but screw it.

andrew has left massdrop. massdrop has since reneged on their schedule, donation and pretty much everything else that was ever said to me. i've given the parties involved enough time, and i give up. at current, i am no longer associated with either massdrop.com in any way shape or form.

the concrete plan has changed to me paying for an alternate design courtesy of carpekeyboards and in collaboration with bunnylake at ctrlalt.io, which have always been friends of the site, myself and the community, and won't spend 6 months screwing me and the group of thousands of dollars and hours/weeks of wasted time. if i sound bitter about massdrop, it's because i am; i have expressed this privately, diplomatically for months now, but massdrop.com does not deserve a single dollar from the keyboard community or commercial use of any of the community development that it has taken advantage since its inception.

regarding the new carpekeyboards pcb, it features an integrated controller that runs Hasu's TMK firmware (ie, same firmware as the classic JD40), and has more connectivity around the switches.

bunny has just ordered the first round of prototype boards. we'll be updating more often now that we have control of things again. carpekeyboards is making extremely good progress on the design, and once they're ready to talk about it in more detail, anything they say about their new design will apply to the smallfry as well. we are all paying for this board out of pocket, so please accept some patience on making sure the board is correct and costs are contained; at the moment we're looking at prices around 3x the cost of the original jd40 pcb, so i'm attempting to work out more buyers or less assembly at the factory.

FINAL NOTE: i have never said this explicitly (and no one has ever offered, despite me stating several times that there is no money for donation to the Walter family) BUT if anyone is willing to NOT TAKE DELIVERY of their product, I will donate any and all kit payments directly to the Walter family. Again, I still cannot give refunds, but if you opt to NOT RECEIVE YOUR PRODUCT, I WILL DONATE YOUR PAYMENT TO THE SMALLFRY'S FAMILY.

thanks for your patience everyone.

its not much, but rather than donations only happen when people give up their order

ill donate $5 to smallfrys family for every board you get delivered in this buy sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1293 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 18:58:50 »
Jesus. Sorry to hear. I'm never buying from MassDrop again.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1294 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:15:55 »
i will leave it at this: at the end of last year, i was told by massdrop that they had decided that they would step in on my behalf and donate the entire kit, including bonuses: switches and a special keycap set and something something i don't even remember. the announcement i ended up posting is the result of following up on that, with increasingly smaller and confusing proposals from their end, for ye on half a year.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1295 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:23:47 »
I'm more than fine just getting my plates, gasket and whatever is done  and will more than gladly pay whoever whatever to just get it as soon as possible.  Again I don't want to wait for the PCB.

If you sneed a bronze guinea pig at this point I will volunteer my plates to be painted whatever bronze they have if I can get it now, I'll even pay rainbow to ship it to me.

And thanks for the update, I never trusted massdrop anyway.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1297 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:36:50 »
i'll pack your stuff up spamray.

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1298 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:38:10 »
Similarly, can I pay a separate shipping fee to have my PCB and hardware shipped separately? Or at least use my Teensy money, if that's not going towards paint...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1299 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:46:07 »
i'll pack your stuff up spamray.
Thanks. Let me know if you need some extra shipping money.