Author Topic: Windows  (Read 11149 times)

Offline mr_a500

Windows
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 30 May 2010, 14:32:44 »
Quote from: noctua;188250
hmm.. no daily windows user.. please tell which os you use currently?

My main OS for browsing, photos and video is BeOS. It's old and far from perfect, but it's free, fast, responsive and completely safe. You can quickly create multiple bootable copies of the OS - including all installed applications - on separate partitions or drives (with a boot menu to select if you want) and you don't need the original drive to remain installed for it to work. Try that in Windows. (or OSX or Linux)

My favourite OS for fun and flexibility is Amiga Workbench 3.1. That's the most open and hackable OS I've ever used.

Offline noctua

Windows
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 30 May 2010, 15:02:45 »
BeOs (single user system) comes out in nineties, and was properly presented at press,
it was also interest for graphic/music artists, each new born system has typically
less main-stream-software..

mr_a500: you use the BeOS 5 Personal Edition?
Selfmade Keyboard I (done)
DT225 CH Trackball

Selfmade Keyboard II (95% completed)
L-Trac CST2545W-RC Trackball

both use Cherry MX Blue switches, an Teensy++ controller and have an Colemak layout

Offline mr_a500

Windows
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 30 May 2010, 15:27:04 »
Yes, it was the Personal Edition, but I upgraded the network stack to BONE, upgraded the Tracker and Deskbar and have a RAM limiter to avoid problems. When I check the About:System Version, it says Dano0. I once tried the actual Dano version, but it was ugly as hell (who knows why they did that). I also try every version of Haiku that comes out, but still like this version of BeOS best. Hopefully, Haiku will get better.

Offline noctua

Windows
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 30 May 2010, 15:55:55 »
Currently i use Win XP for my daily work, before that it was SCO Unix but my first computer was an A500..

Some good things comes from GER.. beside on "Mini Keyboard with Trackpoint"
there work some guy's hard on Natami.. :tape:
Selfmade Keyboard I (done)
DT225 CH Trackball

Selfmade Keyboard II (95% completed)
L-Trac CST2545W-RC Trackball

both use Cherry MX Blue switches, an Teensy++ controller and have an Colemak layout