geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Quake Remaster

<< < (2/6) > >>

phinix:
Yeah yeah.. ok..

So what? Are we having Geekhack multi deathmatch?

HungerMechanic:
I just hope you can play vanilla mods in the new port. It would make playing something like "Beyond Belief" co-op so much easier - no setup required. Plus graphical enhancements.

Turns out I own this new remaster, since it got automatically updated if you own the commercial Quake edition.

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Thu, 19 August 2021, 17:14:58 ---I just hope you can play vanilla mods in the new port. It would make playing something like "Beyond Belief" co-op so much easier - no setup required. Plus graphical enhancements.

Turns out I own this new remaster, since it got automatically updated if you own the commercial Quake edition.

--- End quote ---

Oh man, a console version of DOOM and DOOMII with .wad support would be AMAZING. I can't even play original DOOM anymore after being coddled by such incredible mod packs.

HungerMechanic:
You know, I think there was a console port of Doom for XBox or something that may have had minor graphical enhancements.

It was a launching point for the new official episode, "No Rest for the Living." [NERVE.WAD.]

That's actually an excellent episode and would be awesome to couch co-op with your friends. Except nobody around me still wants to play Doom, even though there are such faithful ports available with tasteful enhancements. Maybe they would play Brutal Doom instead?

Hans_Luber:

--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 19 August 2021, 17:14:40 ---Yeah yeah.. ok..

So what? Are we having Geekhack multi deathmatch?

--- End quote ---

Can we please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version