geekhack Community > Off Topic

U|<ra1ne 2o22

<< < (2/104) > >>

Sintpinty:
I have a bad feeling about this.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Sintpinty on Tue, 22 February 2022, 08:15:35 ---I have a bad feeling about this.

--- End quote ---

hahaha, what do young people think ? do you guys understand the implications of thermv5 nu(l3ar w4rio ?

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 22 February 2022, 07:47:17 ---
--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Tue, 22 February 2022, 01:49:19 ---To me it shouldn't be long before someone tries to see how much of this is down to one man and takes him out of the equation.

--- End quote ---

There are 50 guys just like him though,   it's turtles all the way down.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps.  Many of them are probably in one room at least once a month though...

I still have no idea what is to be gained by expanding territory in modern times anyway - if you steal a gold mine or oil field you can get money but I've never heard of either being found here and expanding population/soldier count is pretty meaningless when all it takes is a couple of nukes and it's all over.  What he has is already impressively huge on a map, why not just focus on making it better?

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Tue, 22 February 2022, 18:08:40 ---I still have no idea what is to be gained by expanding territory in modern times anyway - if you steal a gold mine or oil field you can get money but I've never heard of either being found here and expanding population/so1dier count is pretty meaningless when all it takes is a couple of n00kes and it's all over.  What he has is already impressively huge on a map, why not just focus on making it better?

--- End quote ---

Mostly a pride/ego thing.   But the people will suffer.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Tue, 22 February 2022, 18:08:40 ---I still have no idea what is to be gained by expanding territory in modern times anyway - if you steal a gold mine or oil field you can get money but I've never heard of either being found here and expanding population/soldier count is pretty meaningless when all it takes is a couple of nukes and it's all over.  What he has is already impressively huge on a map, why not just focus on making it better?

--- End quote ---

Power, money, women...
Too much is never enough for these people no matter how much you give them.

Give them $500bil to retire they'd take it and buy something to make even more money. Take over the world, they would have to find another to take over.  You will never satisfy these people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version