Author Topic: This isn't a joke, what are you supposed to do with your arms while walking  (Read 1525 times)

Offline granola bar enthusiast

Hello, so this is something I have been debating myself over for the past few years, I play the clarinet and our case is while being pretty light and small compared to other instruments' case it makes whenever walking that arm somewhat sluggish so you can't swing both hands and it looks weird to have one hand holding a case and one in your pocket. What do you do?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
It's like blinking and breathing. As soon as you start thinking about it, you start ****ing up.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
youtube, vlad1m1r pu7in's walk, that's how you do it.
Instructions unclear, found this instead
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline fortissim2

Was in class and accidentally played this at half volume. Not as bad as full blast but still. :p

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Swing em

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
it looks weird to have one hand holding a case and one in your pocket.

Sorry, I don't follow.  To whom does this look weird?

What do you do?

Have you considered simply relaxing your free arm and letting it do what it wants?

When you relax, your body has a way of doing the right thing without your having to think about it.  Why not try walking around whilst relaxing your arm and seeing what it does on its own?  If you should happen to find your free hand seeking your pocket, perhaps that is where it belongs.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
You can always just walk how I walk.
Step 1. Squat
Step 2. Hook your shoulders into the crevices under your knees
Step 3. Push yourself into the air with your palms against the ground
Step 4. Move one hand forward, then the other, by shifting your weight and raising the respective hand.
Congratulations!
You now look even weirder when you walk!
(Yes I can actually walk like this.)
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
You can always just walk how I walk.
Step 1. Squat
Step 2. Hook your shoulders into the crevices under your knees
Step 3. Push yourself into the air with your palms against the ground
Step 4. Move one hand forward, then the other, by shifting your weight and raising the respective hand.
Congratulations!
You now look even weirder when you walk!
(Yes I can actually walk like this.)

It's great if you need to cosplay Mike Wazowski

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
If the case makes you that self conscious perhaps it would be worth investing in one that has a shoulder strap or is built in to a backpack?  I don't know how big we're talking but I'm sure something exists.

That said my arms just hang when I walk, not swinging them means you can turn quicker and get through smaller gaps in hordes of pedestrian traffic; I'm aware it looks weird but don't care.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
It's like blinking and breathing. As soon as you start thinking about it, you start ****ing up.

HAhahaha  :)) ;D :)) :))
Dude, you made me laugh really loud in office  :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Hello, so this is something I have been debating myself over for the past few years, I play the clarinet and our case is while being pretty light and small compared to other instruments' case it makes whenever walking that arm somewhat sluggish so you can't swing both hands and it looks weird to have one hand holding a case and one in your pocket. What do you do?

Solution:

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Every time I see the name of this thread I have an urge to respond, I can't resist any longer.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"