Things I learned at Keycon...

<< < (3/13) > >>

The_Beast:
HoffmanMyster is tall
Sifo is not

demik:

--- Quote from: esoomenona on Sun, 18 August 2013, 09:36:26 ---
--- Quote from: demik on Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:38:19 ---
--- Quote ---Vintage Blacks are fantastic.  Why did Cherry ruin this switch!?
--- End quote ---

the placebo is strong.

--- End quote ---

The placebo makes you THINK you feel some type of way.

--- End quote ---

oh, you're good.

in some type of way.

--- Quote ---There are those who have tried New-In-Box vintage keyboards that do say that these feel better
than new keyboards.
Broken-in switches are smoother than new switches, though.
--- End quote ---

but are these people that have heard all the hype behind "vintage blacks"?

you need somebody that has never heard of this to try out both.

it seems like it's a GH must to like "vintage blacks"

BlueBär:

--- Quote from: demik on Sun, 18 August 2013, 12:52:19 ---but are these people that have heard all the hype behind "vintage blacks"?

you need somebody that has never heard of this to try out both.

it seems like it's a GH must to like "vintage blacks"

--- End quote ---

I have some normal and vintage blacks (and all common switches) on their way to a friend of mine who has never used a mech keyboard. They are mounted on a cardboard "plate". Will report back, might take a week or so. Also, the difference is not only feelable, it is also audible. I'll make a short video comparison tomorrow.

mkawa:
regardless of whether vintage blacks are amazing, lubed blacks are nearly the perfect switch. and this is from a devout lover factory greens

CPTBadAss:
Other things I learned in terms of keyboards:

- Lubed blacks are incredible
- People really like my KMAC, that makes me really happy :D
- Wcass has THE COOLEST COLLECTION OF MODDED MODEL Ms stuff ever. 60%, modded ANSI XT, cutdown M122?
- Rkinze's R4 SA caps are my new obsession
- jcrouse? craziest collection I've ever seen in terms of Clacks and boards. Hands down the most mindblowingly awesome collection I've seen. 456GT, LZ-SE, Phantom with Litster cases, KMAC Happy...the list goes on and on
- GON and Kaliet have those aluminum-polycarbonate-aluminum cases? Really incredible craftsmanship.
- Qsenn DT-35? Best rubber dome ever. No joke, no troll. I really love that board. Plus I can write "Sifo" in keycaps.
- Beast does really awesome woodworking. If you didn't get that impression before, his stuff is really really nice.
- Grease modded and floss modded Model M's are sweeeeeet.
- LZs are really nice boards. The construction is great and they get a lot of little details right. The angle of the bar, the fact that you can change the bottom plate, the feeling of a plate; all feel great.
- Project Praiano aka the TechKeys Business Card/Controller is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I LOVE it and I threw money at i3oilermaker very quickly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version