Author Topic: Maine sh00tr  (Read 2057 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Maine sh00tr
« on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 06:19:10 »
Seriously now, some crazy circumstances. sh00tn' up bowling alleys on youth night. ~22 dead, ~60 injured.

Tp4 is of the opinion, everyone just stays HOME, no outside, no stranger danger, YES to video games !!

We've got internet, that's honestly, close enough, to real friends.

Bowling's not even that fun.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Maine sh00tr
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 08:31:03 »

close enough, to real friends.

My guess is that the vast majority, if not all, of these mad-dog murderers have no  * real *  friends.

The old saying, "to have a friend you have to be a friend" may be applicable, these pitiful creatures have obviously failed to learn how to navigate life.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 09:17:23 »
It's more than just navigation. The human composition evolved to live in a stone age village. Everything from our biology to mental disposition was meant to function in a 200 human container.

We've so radically altered our environment that there was simply no time for biology to adapt.

Humans with more system stability do better than those with less, but it's quite clear we're operating well outside of the designed spec.

The anthropocene was all but inevitable, of which we are in the tail-end, the end is HERE.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 14:12:00 »
It's more than just navigation. The human composition evolved to live in a stone age village. Everything from our biology to mental disposition was meant to function in a 200 human container.

We've so radically altered our environment that there was simply no time for biology to adapt.

Humans with more system stability do better than those with less, but it's quite clear we're operating well outside of the designed spec.

The anthropocene was all but inevitable, of which we are in the tail-end, the end is HERE.

Nah, not quite yet TP. Sure things are getting worse & worse, but we still have a long way to go before we hit bottom. Sans all out nuclear war or total collapse of the financial systems. 

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 20:41:44 »
With all these shootings happening almost monthly, don’t you all live in fear? It could happen to anyone while you are just doing daily chores or having fun, even studying or praying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 07:36:16 »
With all these shootings happening almost monthly, don’t you all live in fear? It could happen to anyone while you are just doing daily chores or having fun, even studying or praying.

It doesn't seem like this is at all a topic of any rational discussion in the US. No-one in their right mind would be pro-gun in circumstances such as these, so clearly, other motives are at work here.

It seems much more to me that this is a spearhead for furthering the political agenda of the extreme right, as they have picked gun ownership as as sort of analogy of the American Dream, i.e. being able to make your own destiny, no matter the expense of others. Now that they've gone all-in on it, they can't reverse their policy, so the only thing they can do is see it through. The cost to societal well-being and human life, even that of children, is a small price to pay for politicians and extremists.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 October 2023, 04:23:01 by chyros »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 08:37:34 »

furthering the political agenda of the extreme right

In the late-1970s, the extreme right recognized that their underlying goal, exempting the mega-wealthy from taxation, would never be popular with the majority of Americans.

So their only hope for political supremacy would be to cobble together a series of moral panics that could be made sufficiently compelling to "single-issue" voters that they would put all other issues aside.

And, this is important, that these "moral" issues would be objectionable (or at least excruciatingly trivial) to thoughtful realistic people who truly believe in the principles:
form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty
so that there always would be an "us vs them" mentality that would support the demonization of "the other side" to make cooperation impossible.

Those of us who were conscious adults before 1977 remember that the Before Time was not like the America of today.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 11:11:11 »
This one does seem stranger to me than the multitude of others. Generally, mass shootings are a means of public suicide.  The shooters usually want to die.  This guy ran.  He just wants to kill people.  Reminds me of the Vegas shooter.  These don't happen quite as often.  All terrifying stuff.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 October 2023, 09:48:30 »

Are you talking about Americans? I personally don't, but I'm sure subconsciously I am always watching out for someone concealing a firearm more than the average Asian or European. Most shootings in my area are gang-related and I don't live too close to the areas where it happens.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D