Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8547210 times)

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:52:57 »
I don't get it, the countdown clock says 1hr 11 mins still to go, but they are already being sold? I can't even see his email address to email him...

Because they aren't being sold yet...
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline unnatural

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:54:16 »
;DI don't get it, the countdown clock says 1hr 11 mins still to go, but they are already being sold? I can't even see his email address to email him...

relax, the ones that he says have limited quantity are probably from previous productions. Hence the "very little left" ;D

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:56:23 »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline growler

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:57:05 »
;DI don't get it, the countdown clock says 1hr 11 mins still to go, but they are already being sold? I can't even see his email address to email him...

relax, the ones that he says have limited quantity are probably from previous productions. Hence the "very little left" ;D

Finger on teh trigger...
Don't just stare at it ...

Offline unnatural

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:58:46 »
(Attachment Link)

soon.jpg...........................................................

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:05:53 »
When I came to GH, I told myself I will never get a CC, but I can't help myself.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:09:19 »
oh the agony. ;)
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:38:33 »
If you want to speed up your internet make sure there are no cables in your ethernet port about 20 seconds before the sale goes live!

And turn your wifi off too, to stop anyone else from piggybacking on to it during the critical last minute!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:42:24 »
now i can realx. :3
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline llovro

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:53:40 »
There weren't any dibs this sale, were there?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:54:16 »

I hope you don't mean you sent an email. It has to be around the time the countdown ends.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 13:58:02 »

I hope you don't mean you sent an email. It has to be around the time the countdown ends.

wonder how close he cuts it off. I mean if you queue up say 5 drafts and just start sending in the last 5 seconds...whats your strategy moose??

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:00:02 »

T_T
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:00:26 »
Can I go back to bed now?

No ... too hyped up.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline gliy

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:00:41 »
And like that, its over

Offline unnatural

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:01:04 »
my heart....is about to explode

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:02:42 »
Now ... what else has been happening on GH?

Offline affect656

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:06:12 »
Now ... what else has been happening on GH?

The Duckmini V2 GB went up that thing looks cool
I like linear.

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:08:30 »
I wish the sale prices were double what they are cause then it might discourage the people who just flip clacks for profit from participating.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:17:06 »
I wish the sale prices were double what they are cause then it might discourage the people who just flip clacks for profit from participating.

Won't happen.

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:19:47 »

Won't happen.

A man can dream.  :'( :blank:

Offline TrueOP

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:26:13 »
my email says sent 3:01pm EST,

hello support group.  My name is... and i am dealing with feelings of loss, disorienting lack of awareness of both time and space, and a deep longing for an frosty icy... red white and blue flavored :d 
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:28:55 »
I'd like to know how in the world clickclack sorts through all this mess......he probably has an automated system set up to digest the emails and spit out users or something.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:29:46 »
delete all before 12:00:00 and fill orders until clacks are gone
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:34:01 »
hope mine got in on time... bah.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:44:37 »
Mine got stamped at 2 seconds past, so I am out. Last time it got stamped at 00 and I didn't make it then either. I need to remeber to start using Hotmail instead of gmail for this, I have faith in their servers.

2 tips:

A) If using gmail, it allows you to cancel/undo sending an email a few seconds after you press send. This works by not actually sending the email until that period is up and you ahve not decided to cancel it. This delays the email. This setting can be found under settings, and then under Labs. Scroll down and it should be the setting furthest down.

B) An untested idea I had was to set up email forwarding to CC from your own account, then email both him and myself at 59. Since a too early email doesn't disqualify you, if the first email arrives too soon, the forwarding will kick in with a slight delay. >:D Remember to turn of forwarding the very next thing you do.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:46:48 »
Mine got stamped at 2 seconds past, so I am out. Last time it got stamped at 00 and I didn't make it then either. I need to remeber to start using Hotmail instead of gmail for this, I have faith in their servers.

2 tips:

A) If using gmail, it allows you to cancel/undo sending an email a few seconds after you press send. This works by not actually sending the email until that period is up and you ahve not decided to cancel it. This delays the email. This setting can be found under settings, and then under Labs. Scroll down and it should be the setting furthest down.

B) An untested idea I had was to set up email forwarding to CC from your own account, then email both him and myself at 59. Since a too early email doesn't disqualify you, if the first email arrives too soon, the forwarding will kick in with a slight delay. >:D Remember to turn of forwarding the very next thing you do.

The "Undo-Send" option is just that, an option. You have to enable it in your settings for it to actually affect the sending of your mail. It is by default disabled AFAIK.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:56:31 »
Mine was enabled by default, so I would recommend checking it.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:58:47 »
Mine was enabled by default, so I would recommend checking it.
Hmm, you sure? They're all addons, so presumably disabled by default (mine was)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:59:09 »

2 tips:

False. I have always used gmail, and I have never NOT got into a sale that I've tried to get into. Your argument is invalid.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:17:55 »
Same here moose. Time stamp xx.59 and all.
Looking for CC's!

Offline unnatural

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:27:57 »
emailed exactly 1 second after 12. safe to say i'm boned?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:28:40 »
emailed exactly 1 second after 12. safe to say i'm boned?
Hard to say. depends on quantity/participation
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:30:19 »
Man, that **** is hard on the nerves!

But how can I resist trying to get my first clack?  :cool:
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:31:34 »
I'm curious to know how many of what was available and how many people wanted in. We need a clack probability scale.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:32:27 »
He never gives out numbers

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:39:42 »
Building a mystery... He's Sarah McLachlan.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:40:05 »
Building a mystery... He's Sarah McLachlan.
Nice
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:40:14 »
i had to do this on my data plan so fml all hope lost

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:42:40 »
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:44:34 »
Cue speculation as to how many of each Clack were available in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:47:55 »
Cue speculation as to how many of each Clack were available in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I would be more interested in how many people actually participate.  Has to be way more that the couple dozen of up posting here and the RWB thread. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:51:27 »
Clacks are silly... Nobody wants skull keycaps anyways....

*rocks back and forth in chair, holding onto his one remaining CC skull*

Lol I swear, he waited just long enough for me to forget about CC sales... Never again will I let a day pass without checking the 4grabs page... Never again o_0
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:53:06 »
Clacks are silly... Nobody wants skull keycaps anyways....

*rocks back and forth in chair, holding onto his one remaining CC skull*

Lol I swear, he waited just long enough for me to forget about CC sales... Never again will I let a day pass without checking the 4grabs page... Never again o_0

That's the spirit!

Get it all out of your system!!! ;)

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:55:04 »
im pretty sure everyone that emailed him within the hour got one.  theres still some BS caps available last time i checked.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:59:00 »
^ lulz  =P

Sorry, had to. Most who emailed me within the first minute did not get one.

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 April 2014, 23:13:07 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:59:53 »
It is the way of things.

Thank you CC for providing us with the opportunity to partake in this sale.

Your keycaps are little works of art :)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 18:00:06 »
^ lulz  =P

Sorry, had to. Most who emailed me within the first minute did not get one.

:'(

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 18:05:26 »
im pretty sure everyone that emailed him within the hour got one.  theres still some BS caps available last time i checked.

Huehuehue, first hour

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 18:06:05 »
Damn it, want sleep, body wont sleep until I know if i missed it or not :(