Author Topic: KBD67 Lite Linear switch recommendations  (Read 1655 times)

Offline oelholm

KBD67 Lite Linear switch recommendations
« on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 08:51:03 »
Hello Geekhack!

I'm currently building my second custom mech. For a long time I've used a GK61X with Glorious Pandas for work and a HyperX Cherry Red for gaming. Now the HyperX is dying, and I'm looking for a set of linears to put in my KBD67 Lite R2. Everything will be lubed with 205g0 and filmed with deskeys! I plan on using KAT keycaps and the silicon fill from KBD-Fans. In the future i'll be putting in some Durock stabs :)

My initial thoughts were Gateron Black Ink V2s. I love their deep sound profile, which I think will fit the muted KBD67 well, and their smoothness. They are on the steeper side though, and I've heard horrorstories of getting bad batches. I think I'll have to spring swap these, coming from a very light Cherry MX Red, but I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll have to try them.

My second thought were the Durock Poms. I know they aren't quiet as deep as Inks, but I've heard they're quiet smooth and deeper than Alpacas and recolours but not as smooth.

I've gotten Tecsee Carrot Linears recommended on Discord, and I'm quiet intrigued with their sound as I can't find that many good demos - but aparantly they sound quiet unique in a good way. They're also a great price!

I know lavenders are great too, but they're hard to find in EU afaik.

Does anyone have some good recommendations / thoughts?
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 September 2021, 08:54:11 by oelholm »

Offline aerOcraft

Re: KBD67 Lite Linear switch recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 01:27:09 »
I thought I saw some vendor selling OAs. Otherwise Tecsee Diamonds (fully UHMWPE), Kingfishers, Auralites, or Blue Velvets are good choices. You don't need to film Tecsee switches because they have the most ludicrous tolerances I have ever seen in a switch, and as someone in engineering it takes a lot for tolerances to wow me. I love the Diamonds I have. They are super snappy with their 2 stage springs, and I know that their PME switches sound pretty great, but PME definitely needs to be lubed. I know a lot of people who like Glacier Pandas, and H1s have a super deep thock. I have Lavenders and I do like them, but not as much as I like my Tecsee Diamonds. But I also like long pole stems and it's more about the overall switch feel that I like more. I also have alpacas think they are great switches that feel and sound great. I don't have any experience with TTC switches, but the TTC Matrix-01 is on GB right now and has full nylon housing which is what makes Lavenders sound deeper, and they ship in December. In the EU you can preorder the Poseidon switches from MyKeyboard and the materials it uses are known for a deeper thock and they have a long pole stem and 3 stage spring. If you have the money and you want to make the perfect linear for you then just frankenswitch your perfect switch.

Offline Kokukenji

Re: KBD67 Lite Linear switch recommendations
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 12:41:40 »
You got me intrigued with Tecsee Diamonds. I'm going to be trying out their Ruby switches as I'm curious to see how the 2 stage spring compares to my other switches. I'm still pretty satisfied with the smoothness of a filmed/lubed Durock. I have a set of lubed/filmed silent dolphins and am impressed...I do have some Durock L2 Teal I'll be comparing the Tecsee too but have not filmed lubed them.