geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Games you are most looking forward to

<< < (239/252) > >>

rowdy:
Stalker 2 looks interesting, but I never finished the second of the original Stalker series, and never even started the third.

https://www.bloodlines2.com/ is what interests me.

chadrezzar:

--- Quote from: alertArchitect on Mon, 14 June 2021, 13:07:01 ---I have issues with Facebook and do not support them, which puts the Oculus line straight out the window for me, especially after the thing where you can only use Oculus products if you connect them to a Facebook account. I do not support Facebook, and will not for the foreseeable future unless or until they decide to start having real morals instead of just paying lip service to them.

Unfortunately, sticking to my principles means that I basically can't get the most affordable portable options for VR setups, namely the Quest and Quest 2. Which means unless I want to shell out even bigger amounts of money to go wireless, I'm basically stuck with wired options if I want good quality. Honestly, as far as VR goes, if I get a setup once I have the room for it to be feasible, I'll likely go for one of Valve's options since I've heard good things about the Vive and the Index. That's still a ways down the road for me though, as it'll likely be years before I have the room for a VR setup.

And as for Valve sticking with VR... yeah, I could see it, Valve does like to focus on things that will revolutionize the industry in some way, but while I definitely think VR is going to become a more and more common gaming option and all of that, traditional PC and console games will never go away. VR's not a "next step," it's an extra option for those who can get it, and always will be IMO. Because of that, I sincerely hope that Valve continues making games that work on more traditional setups. I'm not saying they should never make VR games, just that I don't think it should be the sole focus of their devs.

--- End quote ---

Same which is a significant part of the reason I have a G2 and not a quest 2.

With it being years down the road for you that's only a good thing. VR hardware in it's current state comes with all kinds of compromises and 'not really it' end solutions. An oled high res high refreshrate display with a good fov still seems like it's a couple of years away but with VR it's very much a chicken&egg kind of thing; userbase wasn't big enough so not enough high budget games being made, no high budget games so no userbase. Alyx was the first to really change this, which is why I hope valve continues down this road.

We'll see though, in the meantime back4blood can't come out soon enough, need something to play with buddies as we've all become desinterested in the majority of the current shooters currently out there.

noisyturtle:
Metroid Dread Special Edition costs 2x the price and all you get is a steelbook and some goddamn postcards. Worst special edition EVER.

phinix:
Cant wait for Diablo 2 Resurrected to come out.
Other one is War Mongrels - sweet Commandos like game. After finishing Shadow tactics and Desperados 3 I need more games like that:)

seokjin:
Kinda just waiting for:

- Overwatch 2
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pearl remakes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version