Previous Events Archive > KEYCON 2015

Next Keycon- Presentation on Retrobrite

<< < (2/3) > >>

mkawa:
brad mentioned that he needs to start planning for spring keycon midwest. i agree, and will be there as usual to help. we had some definitely avoidable technical difficulties at this keycon that we should very much squash before the next one.

Halverson:
Keycon Canada, WINTER EDITION

hwood34:

--- Quote from: Halverson on Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:22:19 ---Keycon Canada, WINTER EDITION

--- End quote ---
better plan it quick, I'm in Montreal august ;)

nubbinator:

--- Quote from: terrpn on Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:06:57 ---maybe at the next keycon someone can do a presentation on retrobrite............

proper method, products, approach for restoring a yellowed board and caps?

it's a topic that seems to never go away

--- End quote ---

That would be hard to do since everyone seems to have their own recipe and preferred way of doing it.  For example, I do straight peroxide, no oxy, to avoid bloom. 

This talk should also be prefaced with a talk with what retrobrighting does to plastic and how it damages it, so do at your own risk.

rowdy:

--- Quote from: nubbinator on Tue, 15 July 2014, 00:14:32 ---
--- Quote from: terrpn on Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:06:57 ---maybe at the next keycon someone can do a presentation on retrobrite............

proper method, products, approach for restoring a yellowed board and caps?

it's a topic that seems to never go away

--- End quote ---

That would be hard to do since everyone seems to have their own recipe and preferred way of doing it.  For example, I do straight peroxide, no oxy, to avoid bloom. 

This talk should also be prefaced with a talk with what retrobrighting does to plastic and how it damages it, so do at your own risk.

--- End quote ---

Could get one yellow keyboard, divide the keycaps between all the competitors, and see whose method works the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version