Author Topic: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy (Closed for Orders)  (Read 428376 times)

Offline E3E

Re: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 15:00:31 »
how long is the waitlist?

It got up to 90+ before it was hacked down to 77.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the possibility of Duck handling more orders after he's done the first 60, but hopefully so for all those that are missing out here.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #601 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 02:15:49 »
elton, can i get in for the wait list, please?

You can have my spot.  It's above 60 though so it may take a while

smoochies!  :-*

I wouldn't hold my breath on the possibility of Duck handling more orders after he's done the first 60, but hopefully so for all those that are missing out here.

holding my breath now...
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #602 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 02:58:00 »
comming soon.

The most powerful custom keyboard.

code name : Trinity

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
any news about this new duck project?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #603 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:01:00 »
comming soon.

Show Image

looks like a zealio to me.  :))

or maybe a full-sized board?  or two-person viper!

edit:  another guess:  if it's called trinity, then maybe some kind of three piece board combo?  like 60%, num pad, and F row cluster?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2016, 03:06:45 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline duckness

« Reply #604 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 06:00:22 »
comming soon.

Show Image

If you shrink it then upscale with a blur, you can kind of make out a few features

Offline E3E

« Reply #605 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 06:57:18 »
comming soon.

Show Image

edit:  another guess:  if it's called trinity, then maybe some kind of three piece board combo?  like 60%, num pad, and F row cluster?

Holy ****, Naas, I think you've pretty much nailed it. Considering the fact Elton said the next Lightpad was going to be very modular and customizable, to the fact he said the Eagle/Viper v2 might be coming up soon.

These all seem like pieces to the Trinity puzzle.

And god damn will they be expensive, I bet. If it allows Alps then I'm done.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #606 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 07:24:01 »
comming soon.

Show Image

Holy ****, Naas, I think you've pretty much nailed it. Considering the fact Elton said the next Lightpad was going to be very modular and customizable, to the fact he said the Eagle/Viper v2 might be coming up soon.

These all seem like pieces to the Trinity puzzle.

And god damn will they be expensive, I bet. If it allows Alps then I'm done.

hope it will resemble lightsaver a bit i need lightsaver in my laifu :'(

Offline ika

« Reply #607 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 07:48:28 »
$20 says it's an 1800 layout. Even at that resolution that arrow cluster is a dead ringer.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #608 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 08:45:26 »
Code name trinity

Half life 3 confirmed?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #609 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 10:23:19 »
Code name trinity

Half life 3 confirmed?
It was worth the weight.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #610 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 16:02:59 »
Originative just stocked some PCB mounted stabs if people are still in need.

https://www.originativeco.com/products/cherry-pcb-mounted-stabilizer?variant=10172620357

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #611 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 17:30:22 »

https://www.originativeco.com/products/cherry-pcb-mounted-stabilizer?variant=10172620357

****. did not even see that. just ordered sky dolch. think they can just add this to my order?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #612 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 17:32:42 »

****. did not even see that. just ordered sky dolch. think they can just add this to my order?

I'm sure they can. I placed an order for Sky as well and they didn't provide free shipping even though it was $100+. I emailed them through the website and they issued the refund for shipping immediately.  :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #613 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 20:56:03 »

I'm sure they can. I placed an order for Sky as well and they didn't provide free shipping even though it was $100+. I emailed them through the website and they issued the refund for shipping immediately.  :thumb:

that's weird. i paid for shipping too, but i was surprised when they sent a refund for it

Offline beltet

« Reply #614 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 03:03:54 »
Any news on the third possible batch?....

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #615 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 13:31:55 »
Any news on the third possible batch?....

There won't be any word until the first and second batch finishes. Shame, but there's a glimmer of hope for the third batch :)
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline E3E

« Reply #616 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:07:49 »
Welp, I've decided to sell off my order. If anyone wants Order #12 on the order form, please let me know.

At the risk of sounding fickle, I have to say that I might need a little more time to consider this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:24:00 by E3E »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #617 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:13:10 »
Welp, I've decided to sell off my order. If anyone wants Order #12 on the order form, please let me know.

That's a shocker, why the change of mind? :(
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline E3E

« Reply #618 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:21:48 »

Haha, well. The Orion v2 purchase and $400+ on top of that for supplies for the Alps build (gold plated holtites for you know what again, + a mint AT101 + stuff for dyeing key caps and then some), a flat acrylic bottom, etc really put a dent in my funds.

When I saw Yutksi's LZ-FE, I was thinking if  I had made a mistake with my Orion v2 purchase, since I've paid that much and more already, haha. The FE can take an Alps plate too, so I was rather downtrodden over that.

I guess I'm not 100% sure yet, to be honest. I feel like I don't really need more MX boards as it is.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #619 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:24:29 »

Haha, well. The Orion v2 purchase and $400+ on top of that for supplies for the Alps build (gold plated holtites for you know what again, + a mint AT101 + stuff for dyeing key caps and then some), a flat acrylic bottom, etc really put a dent in my funds.

When I saw Yutksi's LZ-FE, I was thinking if  I had made a mistake with my Orion v2 purchase, since I've paid that much and more already, haha. The FE can take an Alps plate too, so I was rather downtrodden over that.

I guess I'm not 100% sure yet, to be honest. I feel like I don't really need more MX boards as it is.

Ah ok, I think an Alps Orion v2 will be more than perfect. Don't regret your decision, make the best of it. :thumb:

Offline E3E

« Reply #620 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:26:20 »

Ah ok, I think an Alps Orion v2 will be more than perfect. Don't regret your decision, make the best of it. :thumb:

Thanks man! 

Yeah, it's what I had always hoped for to be honest. I've always seen it as a spiritual successor to the Kingsaver so I'm very happy to have found one! I appreciate the pep up. :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #621 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:29:45 »

Thanks man! 

Yeah, it's what I had always hoped for to be honest. I've always seen it as a spiritual successor to the Kingsaver so I'm very happy to have found one! I appreciate the pep up. :)

TBH I kind of regret selling my Orion v2. I don't know if it's because I sold a fully functioning board for a kit that still hasn't been built yet or what. Not a single one of my parts for my 360c has arrived yet, kind of already over the board. :))

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #622 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 22:54:09 »

Thanks man! 

Hey man I can understand, it does eat a lot at your funds and it makes you get buyers remorse. But the Orion is something that you should look forward to. Pace yourself with the parts of it really is taking a toll on your wallet :P

Offline E3E

« Reply #623 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:30:33 »
TBH I kind of regret selling my Orion v2. I don't know if it's because I sold a fully functioning board for a kit that still hasn't been built yet or what. Not a single one of my parts for my 360c has arrived yet, kind of already over the board. :))

I understand that, man. OTD has a lot of pull behind it, and they are really nicely styled, especially the Corsa. Yeah, but they are older boards and to be honest, with how they need to be flashed, they seem like they are far less flexible. Still, I understand the hype.

At first I wasn't sure about the Orion v2 as I've always felt like TKL would not be a layout I cared for. I made an exception though since it's one of the few Alps customs out there and even then... The odds of landing on of the 7 that were sold outside of Korea... I couldn't pass that up.

So I'm really excited about it, and it'd would most likely be far more satisfying than simply throwing a huge wad down for a rare LZ--this one has more creativity behind it (I mean this in the sense of the ideas I have in mind for the build). The LZ would've just been > receive board > wait for Leeku PCB+Plate Alps GB for the LZ-FE > assemble and throw on a simple, nice set of caps.

The Orion v2 project is going to be much more involved. Doiku Saver v2 is going to be what I'm going to call it. :P

I'm rambling. :)  I'm sure you will totally enjoy your OTD when all is said and done. I understand how it can be waiting so long that the original hype just falls by the wayside, but I think you'll feel it again when everything arrives.

Hey man I can understand, it does eat a lot at your funds and it makes you get buyers remorse. But the Orion is something that you should look forward to. Pace yourself with the parts of it really is taking a toll on your wallet :P

Right? Most of my money spent in this hobby has been toward projects and vintage Alps boards over just Korean customs. If I had just allocated all my extra cash to custom boards, I'd probably have a decently sized fleet. But hey, it's the passion that matters most, I think. Just trying not to break the bank with it either, haha.

The last component I need for this Orion v2 is a brass plate. HNNG. I want one so bad, haha.

Offline Mrs. Butter

« Reply #624 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 16:37:48 »
I'm far too late to be included in the club-of-the-select-few, but if anyone at any point feels the urge to bail out, please remember this post. I've tried to find out through reddit if there was a spot left, but the one that was briefly vacant had been taken already.

This is going to be one beautiful board. Hnnnnngggg.
Silent RF 87u / CM Novatouch / Leopold FC660c

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #625 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 18:20:18 »
Letting go of my order (order 20), shoot me a message for any details.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #626 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 18:34:22 »
someone who ordered with a black case top, please have second thoughts and give to me.  thanks.

edit:  grey top works too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 March 2016, 18:38:29 by naasfu »

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #627 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 08:21:52 »

nooooo hannah whyyyyy

Also any news on this shipping?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #628 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 08:39:50 »

YGPM Hannah, I am interested in your order
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #629 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 09:18:32 »
I am expecting first round to be sometime in 2016, and 2nd round sometime end of 2016 to early 2017 lol. But I could be optimistic.

Offline E3E

« Reply #630 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 12:56:42 »
Hey guys,

My order is up for grabs again as previous arrangements did not go through.

I'm order #12, so I'm in the first round. Feel free to PM me if you want to buy my spot.

Silver Aluminum Top, Blue Grey Aluminum Bottom, Aluminum Plate, Flat Angled Bottom, Duck Feet.

Plans were to put this together with GMK SNES (silver to match the lighter grey of the set/system and blue grey to coordinate with the darker grey). It was a fun idea, but I really do not need this anymore.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 13:00:08 by E3E »

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #631 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 13:37:14 »

Hey guys,

I'm order #12, so I'm in the first round. Feel free to PM me if you want to buy my spot.

Silver Aluminum Top, Blue Grey Aluminum Bottom, Aluminum Plate, Flat Angled Bottom, Duck Feet.

Plans were to put this together with GMK SNES (silver to match the lighter grey of the set/system and blue grey to coordinate with the darker grey). It was a fun idea, but I really do not need this anymore.

Ahh sucks to hear that you're giving it up :(

I'm guessing it's not possible to edit the order?

Offline E3E

« Reply #632 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:40:19 »

Hey guys,

I don't think so! D: We have no idea if these are in production or not either. Elton has been a bit AFK AFGH AWOL-ish lately, though I have no doubt in him.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #633 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:58:12 »

Hey guys,

I don't think so! D: We have no idea if these are in production or not either. Elton has been a bit AFK AFGH AWOL-ish lately, though I have no doubt in him.

I want it. Ygpm

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #634 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 16:07:18 »

Hey guys,

Shame to hear that. I woulda taken it if it was possible to edit the order. But it looks like you got someone who's interested!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #635 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 16:42:06 »
Hey guys,

What's the overall cost of this? I might be able to pick it back up haha

Pm'd. Didn't see that.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #636 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 18:33:31 »
Hey guys,

awww man...i was really looking forward to seeing this~ well you have a oct. v1 so, I guess you wont be missing out on all that much!  :cool:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline E3E

« Reply #637 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 18:38:13 »
Hey guys,

awww man...i was really looking forward to seeing this~ well you have a oct. v1 so, I guess you wont be missing out on all that much!  :cool:

Haha, sorry to disappoint! I do have an Orion v2 now as well, so I'm pretty much not missing out on anything, haha. This successor to my v1 is pretty much a baby Orion v2, hehe.

Yeah, the build concept was really something I was excited about, but I don't think I can reasonably hang onto the order right now.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #638 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 18:43:32 »
Hey guys,

Haha, sorry to disappoint! I do have an Orion v2 now as well, so I'm pretty much not missing out on anything, haha. This successor to my v1 is pretty much a baby Orion v2, hehe.

Yeah, the build concept was really something I was excited about, but I don't think I can reasonably hang onto the order right now.

Absolutely, all the duck boards are becoming pretty similar aesthetically-- (not a bad thing)--If i were your shoes I certainly wouldn't spring for v2 of a item I already own--if I was planning other projects that were different and varied. Also circumstances change all the time, of course, & whats reasonable one day, may not be the next! G'luck & look forward to what else you come up with!

Someone grab this man's order before I convince myself I need another  :p (really holding out to see what this "trinity" business is about though :p)

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 18:46:30 »
umm, speaking of which....wtf is this!! http://duck0113.tistory.com/130

Blackbird!?!  :eek: Why haven't I heard about this till now omg

perhaps this is what codename:trinity was ?
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 19:04:06 by KetchyKech »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 19:05:07 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:49:09 by alienman82 »

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 20:03:11 »

umm, speaking of which....wtf is this!! http://duck0113.tistory.com/130

Blackbird!?!  :eek: Why haven't I heard about this till now omg

Show Image

Show Image

perhaps this is what codename:trinity was ?

That looks quite amazing

It certainly does!! I need this in my life basically ~ sighs `~ gotta make room for VE:A and this in the budget now  :'(

...if im lucky to get into a run of these  :eek:

Offline E3E

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:10:26 »
Well, that was quick!

Okay, so it is official.

I have transferred my order to WNovizar and the invoice has been paid, so please consider this an indicator of that transaction.

I know that Elton is AWOL atm, but if WNovizar needs to verify, this will be here, and I will also personally verify the transfer as well.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:12:14 by E3E »

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #643 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:14:26 »
Well, that was quick!

Okay, so it is official.

I have transferred my order to WNovizar and the invoice has been paid, so please consider this an indicator of that transaction.

I know that Elton is AWOL atm, but if WNovizar needs to verify, this will be here, and I will also personally verify the transfer as well.

Transfer confirmed. Now too look for on what should I do about those acrylic flat bottom w/ duck feet. Any suggestions for pcb, top, and plates?

Offline E3E

« Reply #644 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:24:02 »
Well, that was quick!

Okay, so it is official.

Transfer confirmed. Now too look for on what should I do about those acrylic flat bottom w/ duck feet. Any suggestions for pcb, top, and plates?

I would have switched them out every now and then, but someone might want to buy the bottom off of you. A lot of people regretted not buying the flat bottom for the Orion v2.

I'm not sure what tops would be compatible, to be honest. Since it's a flat bottom, any 75% should be compatible since you don't have to worry about USB placement. I'd get a top 3D printed or CNC'd if I were you; if you really want to create another board altogether.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #645 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:48:04 »
Well, that was quick!

Okay, so it is official.

I would have switched them out every now and then, but someone might want to buy the bottom off of you. A lot of people regretted not buying the flat bottom for the Orion v2.

I'm not sure what tops would be compatible, to be honest. Since it's a flat bottom, any 75% should be compatible since you don't have to worry about USB placement. I'd get a top 3D printed or CNC'd if I were you; if you really want to create another board altogether.

Are you saying that the bottom housing is compatible with Duck Orion?

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #646 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:55:10 »

Well, that was quick!

Okay, so it is official.

I'll buy those duck feet off of you :D

Offline E3E

« Reply #647 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 23:05:20 »

Are you saying that the bottom housing is compatible with Duck Orion?

No, it isn't at all. It's just that many people voiced being disappointed about not having picked up the flat bottom with the Orion v2, so I didn't want to make the same mistake with the Octagon v2 and went for it.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #648 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 23:24:27 »
Wish this was still open. Came in a bit late!

Offline E3E

« Reply #649 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 23:25:12 »
Wish this was still open. Came in a bit late!

Throw out a line and you'll probably catch something. A lot of people have been giving up their positions lately!