Author Topic: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy (Closed for Orders)  (Read 427564 times)

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
Re: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:27:33 »
Paid, thanks Elton!  :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:32:59 »
all paid up. thanks again, elton

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #552 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 04:36:50 »
I have the number 55 next to my "PAID". I really really hope that this is not how it's decided whether or not you're in the first round or the second since I am spot 20 actually.

Offline duckness

« Reply #553 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:08:19 »
I have the number 55 next to my "PAID". I really really hope that this is not how it's decided whether or not you're in the first round or the second since I am spot 20 actually.

I believe it's just the order in which you were invoiced. You probably took over someone's spot 20?

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #554 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:33:22 »

I believe it's just the order in which you were invoiced. You probably took over someone's spot 20?

No I did not, I was invoiced before and there was a little bit of a confusion so that I had to be invoiced a second time.
But you don't think that I'd be in the second run now?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #555 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:36:02 »

No I did not, I was invoiced before and there was a little bit of a confusion so that I had to be invoiced a second time.

I doubt that'd happen, seeming you are in the first run. Invoicing order is a stupid way to figure out what run you're in.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #556 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:37:56 »

I doubt that'd happen, seeming you are in the first run. Invoicing order is a stupid way to figure out what run you're in.

Elton just got back to me and cleared up that he does not use invoice numbers to sort who's in which round.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #557 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 07:52:54 »
Sorry, this has probably been asked, but estimated shopping time is a few months, isnt it? I am mainly excited because once these puppies are out i think its time for.... LightSaver 3.0!!!!!

Offline omgar

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 08:00:50 »
Sorry, this has probably been asked, but estimated shopping time is a few months, isnt it? I am mainly excited because once these puppies are out i think its time for.... LightSaver 3.0!!!!!

In the Duck Eagle/Viper GB thread Elton said he "heard viper and eagle might show up again after Octagon V2".

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:46:22 »
the hype is real--

what are everyone's respective plans for their Octagonv2s? Do you have a keyset in mind to go with your case color combo? Which switches does everyone have on deck for the build? ~ What bottom row are people leaning towards?

I have a steel plate w/ mine so I def want to go linear switches, maybe linear zealios (which never seems to get love, but in general ppl around here despise linear) or some vintage blacks, but good ones seem hard to come by. I'm in to RGB lighting on the keycaps but i already went acrylic angled bottom, so not sure how much of a light show I'd want

As for sets I'm not too sure, I went with blue grey top/angled acrylic bottom, so I'm thinking GMK Cyan (if i can stalk mechmarket for a set if im lucky) or perhaps waiting on nubb's GMK Skeletor, which looks amaze (and im not even a huge fan of purple and I like it)

And my bottom row will either surely be the winkeyless (them mods just look so good in winkeyless) or the winkey/winkyless mix, which i've rarely seen before  :thumb:

edit: lets not forget Nanucket Selectric in all its glory   :-*
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:48:22 by KetchyKech »
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline slowpokie

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:48:05 »

In the Duck Eagle/Viper GB thread Elton said he "heard viper and eagle might show up again after Octagon V2".

Kreygasm
I need to make sure I'm on that Eagle/Viper GB to make up for missing the Octagon.

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:52:49 »
the hype is real--

what are everyone's respective plans for their Octagonv2s? Do you have a keyset in mind to go with your case color combo? Which switches does everyone have on deck for the build? ~ What bottom row are people leaning towards?

I have a steel plate w/ mine so I def want to go linear switches, maybe linear zealios (which never seems to get love, but in general ppl around here despise linear) or some vintage blacks, but good ones seem hard to come by. I'm in to RGB lighting on the keycaps but i already went acrylic angled bottom, so not sure how much of a light show I'd want

As for sets I'm not too sure, I went with blue grey top/angled acrylic bottom, so I'm thinking GMK Cyan (if i can stalk mechmarket for a set if im lucky) or perhaps waiting on nubb's GMK Skeletor, which looks amaze (and im not even a huge fan of purple and I like it)

And my bottom row will either surely be the winkeyless (them mods just look so good in winkeyless) or the winkey/winkyless mix, which i've rarely seen before  :thumb:

I've got the black top case with acrylic angled bottom - definitely going to be some darker coloured caps on there. GMK SkiData+ is definitely the first thing going on there.

Switch-wise I'm going for 78g Zealios. I like the 67g Zealios I have on my RS84, but I definitely want to try out the new, heavier switch.

As for bottom row, I'm going for full winkeyless - I have the winkey/winkeyless mix on my RS84 and I want to try something with more symmetry.
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline duckness

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 11:51:48 »
the hype is real--

Already have some 67g Zealios and a USB cable. Just waiting for Penumbra R2. Will probably do a 1.25+1.25+1.25+6.25+1.5+1.5 for the bottom row.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 February 2016, 11:53:49 by duckness »

Offline E3E

« Reply #563 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:15:04 »
the hype is real--

Since my Octagon v1 had linear switches in it, I decided to go for clicky switches this time with an aluminum plate (first time ever using an aluminum plate, so I'm excited for that).

I wanted something a little different so I went for vintage MX whites (which have translucent stems and no nub to identify it as clicky) with the intent to do the unorthodox, swap them in Zealio housings so they give of the misleading appearance of either linear Zealios or MX clears stems swapped into Zealios. I found a nice amount of them! I also wanted this for the sake of seeing the RGB glow up from under them; the idea of a totally translucent clicky switch just really got me hooked on the idea, even though I typically hate MX clicky (and love Alps clicky).

Here's a typing test going from Blue Alps > Vintage Whites in Zealio housings > Stock Vintage Whites > Modern MX Green

I personally think that the vintage whites in Zealios sound very similar to blue Alps for what it's worth, at least as close as you can get with MX switches, except for maybe that strange pro world clone switch that had an MX stem and reminiscent housing but also had an alps-like click leaf wedged in there, haha. MX Greens are ew. Vintage whites in stock housings are a little underwhelming. What do you think?

This idea was one of the strongest motivators for me in buying an Octagon v2, since I'm kind of removed from Cherry MX these days.

-

Another big one was GMK SNES, which I think will look sick with my silver and blue grey dual tone scheme, like the light and dark grey plastic of an SNES. I really hope that set meets MQO next time it is run.

If not, then I'll either get EnjoyPBT, some black cherry POM blanks, or just sell the damn thing and the vintage whites haha. :P If GMK SNES does hit MQO, I can see myself hunting for certain GMK mods till the end of time.

I also plan on hotswap modding it, which is much easier than the craziness I had to do to create a hotswappable Alps Eagle, lol. Cherry is no where near as complicated to modify for holtite sockets (this is going to prompt many questions, I can just see it).

I also went with the flat acrylic bottom at the recommendation of, I think it was Steezus? Yeah, just to really soak up that rainbow glory, even though I think I'll prefer a full aluminum board.

Got some ducky duck feet that I might use for the flat bottom or put on the case I get for my second Alps Eagle, which is planned to be a carbon fiber case which might be rather flat in profile, so the feet would work well there and have more DUCK rep for the build. :P

/ramble

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:20:44 by E3E »

Offline lootbag

« Reply #564 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 02:42:41 »
the hype is real--

I am not too clear on my plan for the Octagon V2 either but definitely winkeyless bottom row.

Went with the acrylic angled to cut some costs and besides already have a full metal case with the Duck Viper.
I have full access to a laser cutting machine and 3D printers (but an old CNC machine that I would not trust with a chunk of acrylic/polycarbonate/delrin), so I figured I could also make a flat acrylic bottom (and feet) myself at a later date.'

I have GMK TA on the Viper and an incomplete white on black SA set sitting around, but I am thinking of trying a set of Enjoypbt (cyrillic orange and black or... cyan/pink hangul).
But just like E3E, GMK SNES would be my #1 choice if it meets MOQ next time around.

My Duck Viper has the steel plate and vintage MX blacks which is very enjoyable but will probably go tactile for the Octagon(or maybe just default to linear again) but I ordered an aluminum plate.
Trying to make up my mind on 67g or 78g Zealios... or maybe just join the Gateron Massdrop going on right now to save some money.

Offline havenlau

« Reply #565 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 08:51:37 »
if I could get shifted up by 3 more spots please  :confused:

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #566 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 14:49:30 »
the hype is real--

Since I opted for the Blue/Grey case I think I might be going with GMK Olivetti and some 65g or 67g Zealios. Seeing as I intend to put some 65g tactiles in my White Fox, I'm likely leaning towards 67g switches to change it up.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #567 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 00:49:34 »
the hype is real--

Since my Octagon v1 had linear switches in it, I decided to go for clicky switches this time with an aluminum plate (first time ever using an aluminum plate, so I'm excited for that).

I wanted something a little different so I went for vintage MX whites (which have translucent stems and no nub to identify it as clicky) with the intent to do the unorthodox, swap them in Zealio housings so they give of the misleading appearance of either linear Zealios or MX clears stems swapped into Zealios. I found a nice amount of them! I also wanted this for the sake of seeing the RGB glow up from under them; the idea of a totally translucent clicky switch just really got me hooked on the idea, even though I typically hate MX clicky (and love Alps clicky).

Here's a typing test going from Blue Alps > Vintage Whites in Zealio housings > Stock Vintage Whites > Modern MX Green

I personally think that the vintage whites in Zealios sound very similar to blue Alps for what it's worth, at least as close as you can get with MX switches, except for maybe that strange pro world clone switch that had an MX stem and reminiscent housing but also had an alps-like click leaf wedged in there, haha. MX Greens are ew. Vintage whites in stock housings are a little underwhelming. What do you think?

This idea was one of the strongest motivators for me in buying an Octagon v2, since I'm kind of removed from Cherry MX these days.

-

Another big one was GMK SNES, which I think will look sick with my silver and blue grey dual tone scheme, like the light and dark grey plastic of an SNES. I really hope that set meets MQO next time it is run.

If not, then I'll either get EnjoyPBT, some black cherry POM blanks, or just sell the damn thing and the vintage whites haha.If GMK SNES does hit MQO, I can see myself hunting for certain GMK mods till the end of time.

I also plan on hotswap modding it, which is much easier than the craziness I had to do to create a hotswappable Alps Eagle, lol. Cherry is no where near as complicated to modify for holtite sockets (this is going to prompt many questions, I can just see it).

I also went with the flat acrylic bottom at the recommendation of, I think it was Steezus? Yeah, just to really soak up that rainbow glory, even though I think I'll prefer a full aluminum board.

Got some ducky duck feet that I might use for the flat bottom or put on the case I get for my second Alps Eagle, which is planned to be a carbon fiber case which might be rather flat in profile, so the feet would work well there and have more DUCK rep for the build.
/ramble
Tell us more about your hot-swap mod. Very curious.

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #568 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 00:56:02 »
So sad that I'm not making it in... :'( If by any chance anyone would be willing to sell their board, please let me know...
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #569 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:37:31 »
Actually, they are willing to do another batch after the 2nd batch. It will take another month or so after the 2nd batch though.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #570 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:45:38 »
Actually, they are willing to do another batch after the 2nd batch. It will take another month or so after the 2nd batch though.

Well I'm sure that will make a lot of peoples' day. Great info elton! :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #571 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:46:33 »

ayyyy duck
I love Elzy

Offline tuco

« Reply #572 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:53:54 »
Very nice to hear.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #573 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:54:14 »
Elton the superhero

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #574 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:57:49 »

Well that just made my night. ;D
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #575 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:03:49 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:13:05 by alienman82 »

Offline jshane

« Reply #576 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:36:58 »
Selling my order in the first round.

Even money takes it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #577 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:30:20 »
Neat!

Offline slowpokie

« Reply #578 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:53:39 »

Oh sweet glazed honey BBQ jesus. Best news I've heard all month. So happy!

Offline havenlau

« Reply #579 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:52:01 »

oh yussssssssssss

Selling my order in the first round.

Even money takes it.
so many options  :-X

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #580 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:45:29 »

I guess I'll be browsing every hour for the next couple months  :p
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #581 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:47:44 »
I might have to raise funds (some additional fees came up for the golbat that weren't known before...) so I might sell my order...

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #582 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:59:04 »
I might have to raise funds (some additional fees came up for the golbat that weren't known before...) so I might sell my order...

RIP inbox :(

Offline elton5354

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:58:25 »
So I think I gave the unpaid orders enough time to pay..I'm going to cancel their orders and let the 3 next in line if they are still interested..

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #584 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:50:01 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:08:21 by alienman82 »

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #585 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 07:03:20 »
Nobody wanted the order

Oh well, guess I'll tough it out!

Offline havenlau

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:59:31 »
So I think I gave the unpaid orders enough time to pay..I'm going to cancel their orders and let the 3 next in line if they are still interested..
that means i'm actually the 60th omg yusssss
send me the n000ds

i mean invoice

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #587 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:52:32 »
send me the n000ds

i mean invoice
Congrat to join octagon team  :thumb:
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #588 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 18:16:07 »
send me the n000ds

i mean invoice

Aw yeah, congrats!  :thumb:

Offline E3E

« Reply #589 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 18:42:11 »
Team Octagon, yeah! :)

Offline lootbag

« Reply #590 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 00:41:21 »

Good to hear about not giving the stragglers anymore time to dawdle on payments.
Let's get the ball rolling on this GB!
The sooner I receive my Octagon, the better.

I know that feeling haha.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #591 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 03:59:16 »
elton, can i get in for the wait list, please?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline havenlau

« Reply #592 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 08:30:01 »
Team octagon yeah!!  :cool:

Good to hear about not giving the stragglers anymore time to dawdle on payments.
Let's get the ball rolling on this GB!
The sooner I receive my Octagon, the better.

I know that feeling haha.
Haha I saw you went from 70 to 60, the feeling of barely sneaking in  :-\
Seems like we have the identical setup though  :p
Blue grey + acrylic bottom + aluminum plate  :thumb:
Can't wait

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #593 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:27:57 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:07:16 by alienman82 »

Offline Phenix

« Reply #594 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:40:26 »
Would like to join. Is it possible? Can I get an Iso layout?
Winter is coming.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #595 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:41:36 »
Would like to join. Is it possible? Can I get an Iso layout?

We are well past the deadline, so most likely not. There's also a waitlist.

Offline Phenix

« Reply #596 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:32:59 »
how long is the waitlist?
Winter is coming.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:36:18 »

This long, as of January 12th.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #598 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:38:26 »

This long, as of January 12th.

And only the first 60 will get in for now.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #599 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 11:33:22 »
Nobody wanted the order

Oh well, guess I'll tough it out!

This user was selling their place, not sure if so anymore.