Author Topic: [GB] GMK DOOM  (Read 48866 times)

Offline RSC

Re: [GB] GMK DOOM
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:14:06 »
Hey all,

This is Tony (end) from Cartel. I just wanted to restate that the information I've provided in the most active reddit post about this, is all we know. We really wanted to get this information out as quick as we could once we found out the state of things, we felt everyone has been hanging long enough waiting for an update and it was a disservice to you to not inform you as soon as we could. I don't have any hard and specific information as to what made CapsUnlocked change his mind, beyond wanting to focus the extra money elsewhere in the business. If that was a specific buy or multiple buys, or just a different non-gb product? I do not know, and I prefer not to speculate. I'll leave specifics to Caps, should he choose to share.

For those who joined through Cartel, my apologies we couldn't let you know about this sooner (if we had known sooner, we would have shared sooner) and start your refund process sooner. As stated in the original thread on reddit, we're processing the refunds now and should be done in no more than a week. If you haven't seen some sign of your refund being processed back to you by the 7th, contact us through the website, reddit PMs, the major mechkeys discord (I'm listed under the vendor category on that discord and get private messages to both my computer and phone), whatever works best for you.

You (Cartel) should remove the novelties and just run the colourway. GMK grey on black, done.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:16:50 »
I'm just going to put this out here: I'd like to see this turn into a full coverage version of the EXENT keyset.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 16:47:12 »

... remove the novelties and just run the colourway. GMK grey on black, done.

I'd be all over this, 100%. I joined specifically for the gray on black color way. Drop the novelties and that would cut costs, correct? May pick up additional buyers for that reason alone.

I know that takes away from the original theme and some were interested in the novelties. But still - just an idea  :thumb:

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 16:59:08 »

I'd be all over this, 100%. I joined specifically for the gray on black color way. Drop the novelties and that would cut costs, correct? May pick up additional buyers for that reason alone.

I know that takes away from the original theme and some were interested in the novelties. But still - just an idea  :thumb:

While I've considered doing just that since I was quite disappointed the set got cancelled on me, this is still a good bit CU's design, and even copying the kit without the novelties could be a bit too far past what people would consider stealing the design. I have actually PM'd CU to see if they'd not care if I did try to run a grey on black set completely unrelated to Doom, because I felt that was the proper way to try going about it. If successful in my inquiry, I've got some plans for the set that I think could turn out well if applied correctly. If I don't hear back from CU on the matter, I'm not completely certain what to do about it since I'd like to make a set with these colors happen, but don't want to run over people's feet.

Offline RSC

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 17:04:23 »
Without the novelties it's not CU's design, as this colourway has been run before on the Exent set. Additionally, as Cartel has already showed interest in running this, I think they should be the ones to do it, as they were heavily involved in this GB.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 17:08:51 »

While I've considered doing just that since I was quite disappointed the set got cancelled on me, this is still a good bit CU's design, and even copying the kit without the novelties could be a bit too far past what people would consider stealing the design. I have actually PM'd CU to see if they'd not care if I did try to run a grey on black set completely unrelated to Doom, because I felt that was the proper way to try going about it. If successful in my inquiry, I've got some plans for the set that I think could turn out well if applied correctly. If I don't hear back from CU on the matter, I'm not completely certain what to do about it since I'd like to make a set with these colors happen, but don't want to run over people's feet.

Oh certainly - didn't mean for that to sound like "take it and run". I completely understand why that's a good approach in a scenario like this. Just crossing my fingers that we'll see a gray on black set in the near(ish) future.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 17:11:49 »
Without the novelties it's not CU's design, as this colourway has been run before on the Exent set. Additionally, as Cartel has already showed interest in running this, I think they should be the ones to do it, as they were heavily involved in this GB.

I'd be interested in letting them have it to run as we're pretty good buddies, I'm just wanting to get my hands on the set design for it really since I don't get much of an opportunity to throw together a set without having to worry about all the logistics behind it. Plus I think I could do a decent bit to help the kit design out.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 19:07:50 »
As long as a GMK Grey on Black keyset with modern compatibility comes out, I’ll join.

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 20:04:13 »
I was in it for the base key colors too, not the novelties. If there's an opportunity to re-run this with just the grey on black, I'd be in!

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 21:47:44 »
I'm just going to put this out here: I'd like to see this turn into a full coverage version of the EXENT keyset.

This is exactly what I want. Frankly, I wasn't interested in the Doom novelties at all, wasn't even planning on using them.

Can someone make this happen?

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:50:45 »
So, where's my money?

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 01:08:17 »
Donut, I don't see why we'd have any issue with collaborating on it if you have some ideas and get the greenlight from CU (I agree with you on that, matter of respect even if the core colorway has shown up elsewhere). Obviously sales logistics is the only real question mark since we're both US retailers, but I imagine we could all sort something fair out.

Let me know what you hear and think tho, maybe there's something we can all make happen here.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:45:25 »
Good news my lads

I'll start throwing together some kit mockups. One thing to consider is right now GMK is pretty saturated, so this will probably get put off until we can find a good spot to run it in where it'll do well.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:47:55 »
Good news my lads
Show Image

I'll start throwing together some kit mockups. One thing to consider is right now GMK is pretty saturated, so this will probably get put off until we can find a good spot to run it in where it'll do well.

Nice! Thanks for picking up this project. Really excited for this.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:54:33 »
Good news my lads
Show Image

Yeah Donut! You’re quickly going to become the mono-color keyset man if you’re not careful.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 01:02:19 »
So, where's my money?

Good question. I'm in for GMK gray-on-black, but what's the plan for refunding existing orders?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline oluigenuma

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 01:50:21 »
I got refunded by CU yesterday...

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 12:40:32 »

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 15:13:46 »

Offline Villa

• Bang.
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 12:08:36 »
Wow...! I didn't know this even existed... any chance of this going up again?

Offline Villa

• Bang.
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 12:43:54 »
Ah, OK. Just read through this... well.

Feelin' foolish.

Offline oluigenuma

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 18:48:56 »
Still hoping for the best...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 19:46:27 »
I think with a smaller base kit like GMK Minimal and better pricing this could really work

Offline Applet

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:48:54 »
Sorry for necro. Any chance for this to return? I just love the novelties  :D

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 10:14:22 »
I know this GB is dead, just bumping it if any creators see this and want to start a DOOM set from scratch given his recent passing.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 10:23:46 »
I know this GB is dead, just bumping it if any creators see this and want to start a DOOM set from scratch given his recent passing.

i have one cooking
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 11:27:54 »

i have one cooking

Nice, looking forward to it!

Offline Applet

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 13:05:48 »
Yes, please!

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 11:33:13 »

i have one cooking

Show Image

Nice!  I just thought about this set the other day and wondered if it had happened. 

Also, that painting.  Oof, right in the feels.

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 17:16:38 »

i have one cooking

Show Image

Nice!  I just thought about this set the other day and wondered if it had happened. 

Also, that painting.  Oof, right in the feels.

Yeah Doom's death hit hard. Artist's IG is @amoxiliion