Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia | Shipping now-ish!  (Read 109882 times)

Offline schlep

Re: [GB] GMK Olivia
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 18:54:54 »
Do we need the Extras kit to properly populate Rama M60-A with the correct legends?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 18:55:58 »
Do we need the Extras kit to properly populate Rama M60-A with the correct legends?

No, the base kit includes everything.

Extras is for 40% and other weird layouts.

Offline schlep

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 19:10:51 »
Thanks for the reply. I was concerned that the base kit doesn't have the 1.5u 'Backspace' key but I see that in some renders that it uses the 1.5u 'Delete' key instead which already came with the base kit.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 19:13:11 »
Thanks for the reply. I was concerned that the base kit doesn't have the 1.5u 'Backspace' key but I see that in some renders that it uses the 1.5u 'Delete' key instead which already came with the base kit.

Yes, I believe they've gone with Delete as this is default on the HHKB.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 05:06:30 »
We would like to thank everyone for joining the GB on the EU Side of the planet!

Also would love to thank everyone else of course who made this set possible, not just the creators but also the people who contributed to make it a success.

Customers of CK will be getting e-mails today! My team or I will actually arrange a trip to GMK when these are being manufactured (it is only 200km, so why not?) and we hope to post a small picture timeline of them being manufactured! I think this is a great way to give back to the community and to let contributors of the GB see how the sets are manufactured.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline briano1905

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 05:37:44 »
We would like to thank everyone for joining the GB on the EU Side of the planet!

Also would love to thank everyone else of course who made this set possible, not just the creators but also the people who contributed to make it a success.

Customers of CK will be getting e-mails today! My team or I will actually arrange a trip to GMK when these are being manufactured (it is only 200km, so why not?) and we hope to post a small picture timeline of them being manufactured! I think this is a great way to give back to the community and to let contributors of the GB see how the sets are manufactured.

yoooo that's actually really cool :thumb:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 07:52:08 »

That would be awesome to see!!

Congrats to everyone running and helping this set become a reality :) Very excited to get my hands on this set :D
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 09:39:38 »

Congrats to everyone running and helping this set become a reality :) Very excited to get my hands on this set :D

It is only the smallest thing we can do for the community! Thanks for being great guys.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 13:42:25 »
My team or I will actually arrange a trip to GMK when these are being manufactured (it is only 200km, so why not?) and we hope to post a small picture timeline of them being manufactured! I think this is a great way to give back to the community and to let contributors of the GB see how the sets are manufactured.

Excellent idea--thank you for this initiative.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline olivia

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 08:39:46 »

It is only the smallest thing we can do for the community! Thanks for being great guys.

That's super cool, I wish I could be there as well!

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:29:26 »
Anyone have any good ideas of where to get or have a coiled rose gold cable made to match the set? Thanks ♡

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:34:26 »
Anyone have any good ideas of where to get or have a coiled rose gold cable made to match the set? Thanks ♡

I’ve got one coming from cablecardesigns.co run by Max. Fast, speedy and professional. He is a good friend of Olivia and I, as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:42:38 »
NOOOOO I FORGOT TO JOIN THIS GB...FML...Mechmarket it is then
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:53:34 »

damn, this is totally your thing too
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:02:47 »

I bought a decent amount of extras to sell once they come in.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:11:41 »

I'll probably have to get one of them then -- I couldn't fork out for this time. GLWGB.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:16:04 »

We all have some extras!

We have a CANDYCABLE coming for the Olivia set.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:22:04 »

We all have some extras!

yay! Hopefully markups aint too crazy  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:24:27 »

I’ve got one coming from cablecardesigns.co run by Max. Fast, speedy and professional. He is a good friend of Olivia and I, as well

Thank for the recommendations guys! As long as either ship to the US without costing an arm and a leg, I'll definitely be getting it from one from either Max @ cablecardesigns or CANDYCABLE :D

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:48:18 »

We all have some extras!

yay! Hopefully markups aint too crazy  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Nah mate they aint haha, we are not here to make big cash but to satisfy the community. Happy Customers = Happy Us.
I mean what do people mark sets up with these days? 40%? Is that not crazy? I think I saw some stores putting up sets for like 60 EUR more.

Thank for the recommendations guys! As long as either ship to the US without costing an arm and a leg, I'll definitely be getting it from one from either Max @ cablecardesigns or CANDYCABLE :D

Is cheap for sure! CandyCable has got good ratings! Just takes sometime to manufacture (German thing I guess when it comes to QC and getting it right) If there needs to be a batch of the sent some region we can organise something to make it cheaper.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 18:12:44 »
I'm interested in a rose gold cable as well! (based in USA).  Any hints of what the cable will be like?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 02:41:05 »
I'm interested in a rose gold cable as well! (based in USA).  Any hints of what the cable will be like?

Will post pictures here, will take around 5 days. Getting the color right with the screen is pretty hard. I hope the colors we have are going to be matching the Rose Gold on the Set. There are 3 variants coming.

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 10:23:03 »

Will post pictures here, will take around 5 days. Getting the color right with the screen is pretty hard. I hope the colors we have are going to be matching the Rose Gold on the Set. There are 3 variants coming.

Sounds great! Thanks so much for giving updates and providing options. I'll be sure to check back in a couple days :) Obviously, we will have time till the the keyset is shipped out so there's no rush on my end.

Offline SwordLaker

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 07:33:49 »
Not trying to be a party pooper, but I hate the idea of owning base kit without the addon kits I need. I have no use for the base set alone.

Just trying to provide insight. Hope this won't be seen as sabotage.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 08:30:35 »
Not trying to be a party pooper, but I hate the idea of owning base kit without the addon kits I need. I have no use for the base set alone.

Just trying to provide insight. Hope this won't be seen as sabotage.

The GB has already concluded for this.

But the entire point of add on kits is to provide the keycaps for people with more obscure compatibility needs. So you could just order the additional kits to get the base kit to work with you. Hope that makes sense!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 12:06:02 »

I'll be on the lookout.  Do you have a mailing list I should sign up for?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:26:28 »

Same! Will there be extras for the aluminum caps as well?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 10:33:19 »

My mailing list sometimes isnt used, but yea its on my website! I would just follow me on Reddit, and I will make a post then.

Same! Will there be extras for the aluminum caps as well?

Yea, I ordered a couple extras to sell of those too.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 15:38:41 »
Just as a quick update, the invoice for Olivia has been officially paid!

We are waiting on samples from GMK right now.

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 10:17:02 »
Just as a quick update, the invoice for Olivia has been officially paid!

We are waiting on samples from GMK right now.

Sounds great and thanks for the update Mike! Looking forward to seeing update pictures in the future.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 00:00:50 »

Would love an update on the matching cable  :thumb:

Offline dimo

Re: [GB] GMK Olivia | Invoice paid, waiting for samples!
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 03:33:18 »
Novelias are out ^.^

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 19:48:58 »
They're so beautiful! Great job, Mike. Have a reminder for myself to try to pick up 100 of them.  :thumb:

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 16:55:22 »
Samples have arrived. I sent Olivia her set and she should be getting them early this coming week.

Just a quick thought from my persepective. The Pink keycaps look really good. The grey ones look good, but I think they may be too brown. I am not the designer though, Olivia is. She gets to make the final calls on all things related to this. :)

Here is a quick picture.

Olivia will most likely post other pictures and have an update for you all this coming week about the current round of samples.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 22:53:16 »
Thanks for the update! I would agree the dark color looks more brown than the initial colorway.

Offline bball2

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 23:04:14 »
So I ordered the Tokyo60, GMK Olivia, and now just jumped on the Novelias switches. So excited!

Offline dimo

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 23:11:54 »
"Rose Gold" colored key looks perfect. The darker one, I agree, looks a bit brown though. But pictures do that sometimes so Olivia will make a good decision when she sees them irl :] good ****

Offline monkt

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 10:04:27 »
I actually think that darker cap has a warmth that complements the rose gold really nicely. I'd be thrilled if that photo ended up being a good representation of the final product.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 16:18:31 »
Yeah, the grey gives it a nice hint of warmth with it being a little brown.  It compliments it. I suggest not making any of the colors too bold or “solid”. I like the colors being a bit of vague qualities to them. Cheers.

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 18:19:37 »
I think the dark key does look brown, rather than the more charcoal color in the renders. Also, is the rose gold key pink enough to match the artisans? Personally it looks a little too pale to me, but it could just be my screen. I'm super excited and thanks for the pictures!

Offline dimo

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 18:34:41 »
I think the dark key does look brown, rather than the more charcoal color in the renders. Also, is the rose gold key pink enough to match the artisans? Personally, it looks a little too pale to me, but it could just be my screen. I'm super excited and thanks for the pictures!

I agree now that I look at it more. Compare it to the stem/ housing color of the Novelias and they're definitely more pale, especially to Rama's XO caps. Especially since the Novelias were supposedly made to "perfectly" match the set.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 19:52:42 »
I don't think the photograph is representative, as it looks overexposed, and overall the colors look a little off (like the wood having some green and purple hues).  So the peachy-pink is probably (hopefully) darker in person and hopefully a bit more pink.   I kinda like that gray.  Complex colors are more interesting than just another Dolch with different legend.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 20:45:10 »
I don't think the photograph is representative, as it looks overexposed, and overall the colors look a little off (like the wood having some green and purple hues).  So the peachy-pink is probably (hopefully) darker in person and hopefully a bit more pink.   I kinda like that gray.  Complex colors are more interesting than just another Dolch with different legend.

I'll try and take some better ones for you next time I meet up with Olivia. Should be in the next week or so, we're just waiting for the final touches on the MEME GB.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline olivia

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 12:02:17 »
Hi everyone  :D Here are some non-color accurate pics (working on getting those!) that show the difference between the samples and Pantones.

We're sending them to GMK to get corrected, we'll get back to you as soon as there is an update!

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:09:16 »
Hi everyone  :D Here are some non-color accurate pics (working on getting those!) that show the difference between the samples and Pantones.

Show Image

Show Image

We're sending them to GMK to get corrected, we'll get back to you as soon as there is an update!

The pantone samples beside the key samples makes the difference so much more noticeable! So glad you are sending them to get corrected so that the final board will match your original vision (which I fell in love with :D)

Offline Lormania

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:21:28 »
Thanks Olivia!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:26:52 »
Thank you for the update, Olivia!  I thought the "rose gold" looked too light, and it is.  Most excited for this set.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 07:42:10 »
Would there be any extras? I would like to own a set too  :'(

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 09:40:00 »

Pretty sure Mike from Novelkeys said he is going to order a few extras.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 09:50:28 »

Pretty sure Mike from Novelkeys said he is going to order a few extras.

Oh, that's good to know. I'm assuming they'll become available at Novelkeys's website once they start shipping out, right?

I need to remind myself to check the site by then.  :))