Author Topic: [IC] Artisan Boxes  (Read 23087 times)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: [IC] Artisan Boxes
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 07:37:11 »
Once mine arrives, I am going to look into getting an acrylic lid cut. If there is interest, I can have multiple cut to go along with Seth's orders.

I'll check with him before I do, and see how things are looking.
They come with lids though....
Are you sure?
Yes most definalty I can take a picture when I get home if you want but, its the same one as I bought a month or two ago although I got the largest size one which take like 100+ keys it came with a lid as I can mount it on my wall and the keys stand up correctly!
Oh thats great.  From all the photos, it looked like it didn't come with one.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 August 2015, 07:47:22 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 07:44:38 »
Once mine arrives, I am going to look into getting an acrylic lid cut. If there is interest, I can have multiple cut to go along with Seth's orders.

I'll check with him before I do, and see how things are looking.
They come with lids though....
Are you sure?
Yes most definalty I can take a picture when I get home if you want but, its the same one as I bought a month or two ago although I got the largest size one which take like 100+ keys it came with a lid as I can mount it on my wall and the keys stand up correctly!
Oh thats great.  From all the photos, it looked like it didn't came with one.
Yeah again if it is the same as what I got which looks the exact same it came with a lid, the body and base of the case was frosty, while the lid is clear acrylic
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 08:39:48 »
I would be interested in several. They don't look as nice as Martin's acrylic cases do, but he said he's not making any more anytime soon, so this looks like a good substitute.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:31:40 »
OP, any update?

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 21:37:56 »

OP, any update?
I am waiting until ghost juggernaut gets his and we will decide on what to do from there. Depending on quality, it could be possible to have them made on the U.S. If it is around the same price, I hope people don't mind waiting for them to be made in the U.S. I just want to see quality / how well packaged they are. And as far as cost go, I will invoice for case price + domestic shipping first, then once I get the bill for the international shipping I will calculate your percent, and once you pay the second invoice I will ship it out. If you end up not paying the 2nd one I will just refund.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 06:07:08 »

OP, any update?
I am waiting until ghost juggernaut gets his and we will decide on what to do from there. Depending on quality, it could be possible to have them made on the U.S. If it is around the same price, I hope people don't mind waiting for them to be made in the U.S. I just want to see quality / how well packaged they are. And as far as cost go, I will invoice for case price + domestic shipping first, then once I get the bill for the international shipping I will calculate your percent, and once you pay the second invoice I will ship it out. If you end up not paying the 2nd one I will just refund.

sounds good with me, Im in no rush at all. Ive seen a lot of ICs go nowhere, so I was just wondering if you were still here basically

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:15:52 »

OP, any update?

sounds good with me, Im in no rush at all. Ive seen a lot of ICs go nowhere, so I was just wondering if you were still here basically
Yep! Just waiting to see quality/shipping quality. I would hate to order them and have half of them come broken or have them be cheap plastic

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:35:15 »

OP, any update?

Yep! Just waiting to see quality/shipping quality. I would hate to order them and have half of them come broken or have them be cheap plastic
If your not too fussed its coming from me, they are good quality, the acrylic is around 7mm thick, the sides use a frosted acyclic while the base and lid use a clear acrylic the lid opens super smoothly without much problems, the only part required to build are the inserts inside the box which all just slot together I would advice using a little glue and you might need to heat them up as they come somewhat warped but fit very well overall the case is good, I suspect the one I ordered is only damaged due to the size but if possible I would recommend getting these cut in the US rather than ordering for overseas as you will get a lot with cracks just due to the cheaper acrylic used and its super hard to stop it cracking, just worried as if you plan to sell these you may end up with a lot coming back, I would recommend getting them made and using a thick acrylic like what Martinyeah used for his box, as that is almost impossible to break! also pictures!

Thats the damage that mine came with just as a fyi to you.

Showing how the keys stand up when the lid is on, I would recommend mounting this to a wall in a picture frame type move as it will look rather nice.

Just showing how they lean against the lid to stand

The lid

Has a little frosted bit glue to it to use as a handle.

Also the cracks are not all the way through just internal to the parts
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:36:46 »

OP, any update?

If your not too fussed its coming from me, they are good quality, the acrylic is around 7mm thick, the sides use a frosted acyclic while the base and lid use a clear acrylic the lid opens super smoothly without much problems, the only part required to build are the inserts inside the box which all just slot together I would advice using a little glue and you might need to heat them up as they come somewhat warped but fit very well overall the case is good, I suspect the one I ordered is only damaged due to the size but if possible I would recommend getting these cut in the US rather than ordering for overseas as you will get a lot with cracks just due to the cheaper acrylic used and its super hard to stop it cracking, just worried as if you plan to sell these you may end up with a lot coming back, I would recommend getting them made and using a thick acrylic like what Martinyeah used for his box, as that is almost impossible to break! also pictures!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Showing how the keys stand up when the lid is on, I would recommend mounting this to a wall in a picture frame type move as it will look rather nice.
Show Image

Show Image

The lid
Show Image

Thanks!

Offline krbuck

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:43:12 »
I'm interested in getting a few of these. I'm in the U.S. btw.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 12:31:42 »

OP, any update?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The lid
Show Image

Thanks!
No problem, also thats from it being super well packaged as well, it came in a large cardboard box and in like three layers of bubblewrap
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 12:40:32 »
I'm potentially interested if we can be reasonably assured that they will survive transit. Still not sure why they don't make these out of a less brittle plastic.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 13:07:02 »
Im still interested. I really think the damage is due to a packaging. BUT if you order a number of them and get a proxy to ship you can ask them to add extra packing material

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 15:02:26 »
They are out of stock, even though they show that they are not. We will look into having them made over here :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 15:03:08 »
They are out of stock, even though they show that they are not. We will look into having them made over here :)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 21:15:20 »
Don't have enough artisans for one of those beasts
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 00:22:21 »
Don't have enough artisans yet for one of those beasts

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:05:58 »
I am going to work on a design this weekend. I just wanted to know what people would prefer in a box. I personally felt like 3x5 trays would be nice, and have a drawer system to hold multiple. If not that, then possibly a flat tray to display them all, similar to the ones this was originally started for.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I will most likely make the box for myself, but I can design something else for the IC if people don't like that setup.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:32:30 »
I am going to work on a design this weekend. I just wanted to know what people would prefer in a box. I personally felt like 3x5 trays would be nice, and have a drawer system to hold multiple. If not that, then possibly a flat tray to display them all, similar to the ones this was originally started for.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I will most likely make the box for myself, but I can design something else for the IC if people don't like that setup.
I'm interested in the original IC design, but also interested in checking out the other layout.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:35:14 »

Don't forget this :

Ohh also to note, they do not fit keycaps such as zombro's due to the size and other keycaps around that size, but fit most everything else

so you can make a slight improvment of the design :)
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:55:36 »

I would personally like something larger than 3x5, like 5x5 or larger. Just so I don't have to worry about buying another box anytime soon

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 17:50:46 »

Could you make it possibly wallmountable like a picture frame maybe like 4 holes in the corners to put screws into ? :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 18:04:52 »
interested in one

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 18:59:06 »

Could you make it possibly wallmountable like a picture frame maybe like 4 holes in the corners to put screws into ? :x
I'm sure I could figure something out.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 19:00:19 »

I would personally like something larger than 3x5, like 5x5 or larger. Just so I don't have to worry about buying another box anytime soon
I was thinking more along the lines of a storage case of sorts, with slide out trays. It would be less of a display case though. If people don't want it, I'd be happy to make one similar to the one from taobao.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 20:58:26 »
Updates?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:38:54 »
Updates?
No big ones, gotta think through some stuff first. They are out of stock, not sure if I mentioned that. I will look at having them made.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:45:19 »
Okay, I know a way to do it. I will make some autocad drawings, take it to a few different places, and have them cut. I will then make it a DIY pack w/ acrylic cement.

Offline Dorothy

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 01:40:08 »
I'd buy one

Poker2 MX Clears   Poker 2 MX Blues

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 21:13:24 »
Okay, I know a way to do it. I will make some autocad drawings, take it to a few different places, and have them cut. I will then make it a DIY pack w/ acrylic cement.

Acrylic cement? To, like, put the slots where we want them?

I was using switch testers as displays for the few artisans I have, but would prefer acrylic boxes so as to use the keycap stems as little as possible.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 21:14:05 »

Acrylic cement? To, like, put the slots where we want them?

I was using switch testers as displays for the few artisans I have, but would prefer acrylic boxes so as to use the keycap stems as little as possible.
Nope, I know a way to do it so you only need to cement the walls

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 14:18:53 »
I have the dxf file ready, now I am just waiting on a few quotes.

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 21:26:48 »
any word on this? my artisans are piling up...

Offline Pdub

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 22:18:10 »
I would be interested depending on the cost!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 15:11:49 »
any word on this? my artisans are piling up...

This. Today marks the day I've run out of room on my switch testers for artisans.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 15:14:33 »
Ghost I'm all over one if you start something

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 15:21:21 »

I was thinking more along the lines of a storage case of sorts, with slide out trays. It would be less of a display case though. If people don't want it, I'd be happy to make one similar to the one from taobao.

In terms of slide-out drawers, are you talking about something similar to the old GasMask/HKP acrylic displays?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 15:24:07 »

In terms of slide-out drawers, are you talking about something similar to the old GasMask/HKP acrylic displays?
Exactly that. I have a thread about what I'm making. I should have a sample here soon.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 15:26:31 »

Exactly that. I have a thread about what I'm making. I should have a sample here soon.

Didn't know that. Checking it now.

Seth, still interested in your progress and any updates!

Offline Pdub

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:01:38 »
Any update on this.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:49:05 »
Any update on this.
I'm eager to get one.

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:08:10 »
I like this! Would prefer a smaller one though because I don't have that many artisans.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:28:16 »
I've been looking for this :) bought a switch tester/numpad to house my artisans in the meantime.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:48:22 »
I like this! Would prefer a smaller one though because I don't have that many artisans.

I know how to make this for a large capacity and accommodate your situation:

Buy more artisans!

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:15:00 »
For those that just can't wait for this GB to happen:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZ35MDW

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:04:17 »

Will a keycap fit in there snug, if so.. PERFECT!  :)

Offline ika

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:06:59 »
If people are looking for storage solutions I use these from Harbor Freight: http://www.harborfreight.com/18-divider-storage-container-94456.html

$3, grab a bag of cotton balls, stick a few into the bottom of every well, boom - instant artisan portable transportation. Obviously not as nice as these acrylic ones but it cost me $3 and has a lid.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:24:38 »

Will a keycap fit in there snug, if so.. PERFECT!  :)

It looks like a good one, but it's too high and the caps will move around.

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:49:56 »

I know how to make this for a large capacity and accommodate your situation:

Buy more artisans!

Working on it!!! I love all the variety but I'm poor. T_T

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:59:11 »
Someone asked about these before, and I finally got around to grabbing the link.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/gift-packaging/containers/boxes/small-clear-amac-boxes/123d?productId=11000251&green=5F5F5FDC-8C06-5BBE-0018-C5505D78F1C5

I have the #60140 boxes, and they are the perfect size for single keycaps. I'd still rather have something better,  but they work really well and aren't too pricey.