Author Topic: ISO Keycaps for a ANSI Keyboard layout  (Read 9641 times)

Offline SirToastingale

ISO Keycaps for a ANSI Keyboard layout
« on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 17:41:12 »
So I bought a IKBC MF 108 V.2 and I love it. But I am german so the the printings on the keycaps don't match. z and y are switched too obviously so I want new keycaps that fit the keyboard and my language. Any suggestions?

Offline seville57

Re: ISO Keycaps for a ANSI Keyboard layout
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 11:55:55 »
So I bought a IKBC MF 108 V.2 and I love it. But I am german so the the printings on the keycaps don't match. z and y are switched too obviously so I want new keycaps that fit the keyboard and my language. Any suggestions?

Are we talkin about a new set or only Z + Y ?

If you're want a new ISO/DE set on your ANSI keyboard you can't use ISO Enter + Left Shift (wrong size) on a ANSI keyboard, the rest of the ISO keycaps will fit. See the bad picture.

My ANSI Ducky One RGB YOTG, 108 keys.

My ISO/Nordic Ducky Shine 3, 109 keys.

You can get German layout (only 105 keys set and not backlight) on this set but the set is not any good: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/105-key-iso-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html

This Ducky set with ISO/DE layout: https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjAiI2p9LHhAhXvmIsKHT50BsUQFjAJegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.caseking.de%2Fen%2Fducky-pbt-double-shot-keycap-set-fuer-backlight-de-layout-schwarz-gakc-042.html&usg=AOvVaw06Q_E2HbKUrcdbziu7zXOq

Don't know if this set is in stock, I can't read german.

In this 2 ISO sets the ISO Enter and Left Shift will not fit on your ANSI keyboard.

ISO/DE = 105/109 keys
ANSI = 104/108 keys
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2019, 12:49:31 by seville57 »

Offline SirToastingale

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 18:57:49 »
Well no I need ANSI Keys and the ANSI Layout but with ISO printings on them.

Offline SirToastingale

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:06:11 »
Like I need keys that are like your top keyboard but with ISO printings I hope you understand what I mean

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:15:58 »
Like I need keys that are like your top keyboard but with ISO printings I hope you understand what I mean

This is the closets you will get on a ANSI layout with DE sub legends, but not full QWERTZ layout support :)

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-griseann-zfrontier-exclusive_445/

Offline SirToastingale

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 01:22:20 »

This is the closets you will get on a ANSI layout with DE sub legends, but not full QWERTZ layout support :)

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-griseann-zfrontier-exclusive_445/

To bad that literally nothing on this layout is german. I guess I'm giving up. Thanks everyone

Offline ErgoMacros

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 02:22:20 »
Amazon has this partial set that they call "International".
Includes ß, Ü, Ö and others.
   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Enjoypbt-9009-International-Replacement-Keycaps-Dye-sub-PBT-Keycap-Mod-Pack/183575863340

'Luck!
Today's quote: '...“but then the customer successfully broke that.”

Offline AJM

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 06:47:47 »
If your keyboard is also available as a German version, one way would be to look for someone with such a board, who replaced all his keycaps. Then you could pick from his set the keys you need for your keyboard.

If you want to buy a new one: There is no such thing as an ANSI keycap set with German legends, if that's what you're asking.

You would always need:
   One standard set (which is practically always ANSI with US legends)
   + one accompanying extension key set with the German keycaps (these kits are usually called "international kit", "NorDE" or "NorDeUK kit")

The problem is: These combinations are often available in group buys / on massdrop, for which you need a lot of patience, but usually not in stores to buy off-the-shelf.

You can try to buy them used, but it is quite rare to find them in combination with an "international kit".

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 07:57:02 »
If your keyboard is also available as a German version, one way would be to look for someone with such a board, who replaced all his keycaps. Then you could pick from his set the keys you need for your keyboard.

If you want to buy a new one: There is no such thing as an ANSI keycap set with German legends, if that's what you're asking.

You would always need:
   One standard set (which is practically always ANSI with US legends)
   + one accompanying extension key set with the German keycaps (these kits are usually called "international kit", "NorDE" or "NorDeUK kit")

The problem is: These combinations are often available in group buys / on massdrop, for which you need a lot of patience, but usually not in stores to buy off-the-shelf.

You can try to buy them used, but it is quite rare to find them in combination with an "international kit".

Just get the base enjoypbt set from aliexpress (it contains iso and ansi and it's made by enjoypbt), the get the de addon. Boom. You have ANSI with DE legends. Capisc?

Offline seville57

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 08:48:42 »

I misunderstood you, I know what you mean now.