Author Topic: [GB] GMK Metaverse  (Read 157374 times)

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
Re: [GB] GMK Metaverse
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 06:30:27 »
Joined the GB on Mechboard UK on Friday, unfortunately I realised I need the money for later day.
Sent email to them on Saturday and no reply yet... properly is out of their working hour?

All sorted :)

Offline sythie

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 17:17:51 »
I tried to join the GB on mechboards but was unfortunately unable to only buy the kits I want, like the other proxies offers.

I have sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 08:31:22 »
From Donutcables:
Base – 183/250
– 150 – $160
– 250 – $145

Spacebar – 50/100
– 100 – $54
– 150 – $48
– 250 – $42

Grey – 49/100
– 100 – $58
– 150 – $53
– 250 – $49

Novelties – 100/150
– 100 – $70
– 150 – $58
– 250 – $48

Wow looks like there was a decent bump recently.  Base has easily hit MOQ and who knows maybe it'll hit the next price drop.  Novelties seem safe to at least be made as well!
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 18:19:14 »
With the deadline extension, I feel like I should get the novelties. I like them, but don't $70 like them.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 19:09:59 »
With the deadline extension, I feel like I should get the novelties. I like them, but don't $70 like them.
I am in the same boat you are.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 20:49:35 »
do you $58 like them? If everyone gets them, that's what they might become :D

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 21:25:40 »
do you $58 like them? If everyone gets them, that's what they might become :D
Definitely better than $70 like them lol. Let's do a mock IC real quick on these bad boys!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 15:58:54 »
So I dunno why nobody mentioned this, but why are the alphas in the 60% portion of the keyset not consistent with the numpad's? i.e. white alphas, black numpad keys -- can we change that?

It would be nice if we could get these keys rendered on larger keyboard layouts: 1800/CP, 96-key, full-size, and Southpaw/reverse numpad full size.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 August 2018, 16:02:14 by LightningXI »

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 20:40:49 »
So I dunno why nobody mentioned this, but why are the alphas in the 60% portion of the keyset not consistent with the numpad's? i.e. white alphas, black numpad keys -- can we change that?

It would be nice if we could get these keys rendered on larger keyboard layouts: 1800/CP, 96-key, full-size, and Southpaw/reverse numpad full size.

One of the reason why im hesitant on joining this. And the background makes the render for the base set really hard to see.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 21:13:08 »

One of the reason why im hesitant on joining this. And the background makes the render for the base set really hard to see.

Frankly, I would love the OP to chime in on this. Both on some neutral background renders (or like those ones with keyboards on desks, like Janglad's), and on reasoning as to why the kit is designed as such (whether it was considered at all, or overlooked).

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 21:19:36 »

I actually never realized that. now that I looked at it. it does have an adverse effect to black out the whole numpad. maybe it was overlooked or a design choice by dead.

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 09:15:34 »

didn't even notice this. but yeah, I agree.

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 10:34:42 »
I noticed that before and I just thought it was a design decision.  It would be nice to have that cleared up and to get some renders without the black background.
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 22:18:30 »
I actually never realized that. now that I looked at it. it does have an adverse effect to black out the whole numpad. maybe it was overlooked or a design choice by dead.

didn't even notice this. but yeah, I agree.

I noticed that before and I just thought it was a design decision.  It would be nice to have that cleared up and to get some renders without the black background.

So I actually asked Dead_Encryption on his channel, and he said that it indeed was a deliberate choice, as this was how he pictured the set. He wanted to go for a dark theme, that corresponded closely to how he imagined it in Persona. Here's a render of Noxary's 280/220 that he shared to demo the idea:

I'm personally unsure if I will stick with it, but I would have appreciated having a matching alpha numpad, frankly, although I suppose I can just stick to not using numpad-inclusive layouts for this set.

Do we have an update on MOQ inclusive of all proxies?
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 August 2018, 22:27:22 by LightningXI »

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 22:46:38 »
I only really have one keyboard that has a number pad, all my mother boards are either 65% or TKL so this doesn't really bother me still gonna get this set.
Thanks for clearing this up for other GB members.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 00:37:45 »
Thanks Lightning! I’m still in as I’m pnly looking to use this with the m60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 08:28:20 »
Thanks for the clarification. I'll be using it on a CA66 so it should be fine.
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 19:36:37 »
Just ordered my set! Have some cool plans for it when it comes in  8) 8) 8) 
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 19:55:59 »
Just ordered my set! Have some cool plans for it when it comes in  8) 8) 8)
Nice King Rama  :thumb:

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 03:37:43 »
So, when I ordered this I didn't realize that the numpad was all black, I was going to use it on a full board, so I kinda regretted my order. I sent an email to Mechboards on Monday, and no response yet, so not sure what to do. I'm guessing that they're just busy?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 19:26:05 »
So, when I ordered this I didn't realize that the numpad was all black, I was going to use it on a full board, so I kinda regretted my order. I sent an email to Mechboards on Monday, and no response yet, so not sure what to do. I'm guessing that they're just busy?

Bump the email thread
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 10:46:41 »

I'll just find something else to use it on

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 15:51:45 »
The more I look at it, the more I'm okay with it.

Anyway, I hope great success for this! :thumb:

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 19:26:49 »
Current numbers, which might be a bit higher since I'm waiting on final update from the proxies while my page is still open until at least midnight PST:

Base - 223
Spacebar - 55/100
Grey/Shadow - 57/100
Novelties - 113
Rama Red/Black - 104
Rama Polished - 40/50

Base kit had a huge push the past two days with over 20 orders in that time. Spacebars and Grey/Shadow could use a bit of a hand getting where they need to be, though. I'll be talking with GMK about getting them made even if they don't quite hit, but if you're at all interested in them then now is the time to act! Novelties are good to go along with the red/black Rama-sans. Polished Rama-sans could use a bit of a hand too but they're nearly there.

We've got just a bit more to go here, so hopefully with the updated proxy numbers we can get those kits the numbers they really deserve! We're also super close to the 250 price drop point, so keep that in mind too as you consider ordering!

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 19:47:49 »
When do invoices go out on this GB?

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 09:54:51 »
I am curious as to what the R4 2U Black Morgana Novelty is intended to be used for, as 2U keys in row 4 don't seem to be too common?

Relatedly, would it work as the + on the numpad, or would it be a conflicting profile with the numpad enter?
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline PandaSuit

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 11:39:22 »
I am curious as to what the R4 2U Black Morgana Novelty is intended to be used for, as 2U keys in row 4 don't seem to be too common?

Relatedly, would it work as the + on the numpad, or would it be a conflicting profile with the numpad enter?
I'm pretty sure it's for numpad 0.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 12:05:37 »

I'm pretty sure it's for numpad 0.
I agree it is probably for numpad 0, but I'm really glad it is there because I'm planning on using it as the space bar on my ortho keyboard.  I was also in for the space bars, but I don't know if they'll get made.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:56:58 »
When do invoices go out on this GB?

Invoices will be out later this week, first I need to hear back from the proxies on final numbers and hear back from GMK if I need to talk with them concerning child kit numbers.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 00:01:29 »
Just a quick update, invoices might not be going out from me quite yet. After hearing back from the proxies our numbers on the Space and Grey kits are enough that we're gonna crunch some numbers together and see if we can jointly push those kits to MOQ. I definitely think it's worth the time/effort to try and push them since that will reduce the number of drops from people that ordered them and reduce the risk of other kits running into number issues as a side effect. I'm also awaiting a response from GMK that may also help those kits.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 00:20:48 »
Just a quick update, invoices might not be going out from me quite yet. After hearing back from the proxies our numbers on the Space and Grey kits are enough that we're gonna crunch some numbers together and see if we can jointly push those kits to MOQ. I definitely think it's worth the time/effort to try and push them since that will reduce the number of drops from people that ordered them and reduce the risk of other kits running into number issues as a side effect. I'm also awaiting a response from GMK that may also help those kits.
Your a good man!  :thumb:

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 04:25:34 »
Just a quick update, invoices might not be going out from me quite yet. After hearing back from the proxies our numbers on the Space and Grey kits are enough that we're gonna crunch some numbers together and see if we can jointly push those kits to MOQ.

I appreciate this! I am really hoping for that grey kit to come through

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 11:20:58 »
I hope those proxy numbers jump the base kit to 250!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 14:22:59 »
I hope those proxy numbers jump the base kit to 250!
That would be awesome.

Offline Augment_GEAR

• Keeb Dweeb Noob
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 13:25:59 »
Are we still waiting for invoices? No hurry no worry, I just don't wanna get left behind!
Currently driving Tokyo 60 w/ GMK Metaverse, T1 Switches

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 13:27:26 »
Are we still waiting for invoices? No hurry no worry, I just don't wanna get left behind!
I haven't received anything yet

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 13:54:30 »
no other update has been posted since donutcat's post a few comments above.

backdoor shady deals are probably doing down now. :)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:06:25 »
We've been waiting on GMK to get back to us, and they do have a reputation for their communications sometimes being comparable to with the SP SA queue. We did hear back from them today, though not quite what I wanted to hear,  and I'm right now working on getting the invoices ready to be sent out. I unfortunately can't say yet whether the Grey/Spacebar kits have succeeded for sure, but as long as all the invoices including them are paid up then there's a good chance that GMK will produce them with the extras we're planning.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:15:24 »
We've been waiting on GMK to get back to us, and they do have a reputation for their communications sometimes being comparable to with the SP SA queue. We did hear back from them today, though not quite what I wanted to hear,  and I'm right now working on getting the invoices ready to be sent out. I unfortunately can't say yet whether the Grey/Spacebar kits have succeeded for sure, but as long as all the invoices including them are paid up then there's a good chance that GMK will produce them with the extras we're planning.
Got a invoice but clicking the link wont allow me to pay for it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:16:56 by JubJubCity »

Offline andrewregal

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:15:58 »
Hey there, so I just got my invoice but when I try to pay for it the site gives me an error that I can't because the group buy ended?
Discord: andrewregal#7830

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:35:41 »
have invoices all been sent out? I don't want to miss paying this.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:36:01 »
As is par for the course, I missed something the first try. I think you should be able to pay now as I've reactivated the GB page.

Offline techmecha

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:43:20 »
Hey Donut,

I am waiting on a password reset.  My invoice number is 1791

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:00:13 »
Hey Donut,

They are currently, working on it.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:01:18 »
Paid!!!!! :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:22:02 »
Hey Donut,

try it out again man. I was able to get a reset pw link and finally paid the invoice.

Offline andrewregal

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 18:10:31 »
Just paid! :thumb:
Discord: andrewregal#7830

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 18:14:26 »
I think I've managed to get the login issues under control. Hopefully the rest of this continues to go well.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 18:25:42 »
Worked fine for me.
Paid.

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 19:09:23 »
Paid for it. Shame the base didn't seem to hit 250 though.