Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 1999 times)

Offline thezooman123

• Dongs
Hello there
« on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:56:24 »
I'm a keyboard enthusiast from Minnesota.

I found r/mechanicalkeyboards about two months ago, started browsing daily, found a brand new CMSTORM trigger for $40, and couldn't turn down an offer like that. I've been in love ever since.

About a week ago, i started lurking Geekhack after hearing all of Ripsters horror stories. Decided it wasn't as bad of a place as he told me it was, and that he was just salty. Made an account and now here i am.

so uh yeah, hi there.

I'm not sure how much i'll go from lurking to posting, as I'm still sort of a newbie, but I'm going to try to be more active, since this community seems pretty damn cool.
Free clickclacks plz

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 17:02:57 »
Welcome to GH! There's lots of friendly people here so don't be afraid to post. Enjoy your stay. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:42:21 »
Hey! Same experience for me pretty much. It's funny how ripster has like an endless butthurtedness about this place, yet he ever so obviously lurks here and informs /r/mech subscribers about this place. Well, at least I can enjoy both sites now thanks to ripster !  :))

Offline thezooman123

• Dongs
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:16:32 »
Hey! Same experience for me pretty much. It's funny how ripster has like an endless butthurtedness about this place, yet he ever so obviously lurks here and informs /r/mech subscribers about this place. Well, at least I can enjoy both sites now thanks to ripster !  :))

Yep, if he didn't hate GH so much, I'm sure it would have at least ten fewer subscribers. and he's constantly posting mostly irrelevant stuff to /r/ripster, it gets pretty silly. Maybe hes going senile, He is pretty old if sources are correct.
Free clickclacks plz

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:07:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack man, thanks for coming. This is a great community -- welcome and enjoy.
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:13:43 »
Trust me, we're not the keyboard hipster elitists ripster would have you believe. At least most of us...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:22:50 »

I found r/mechanicalkeyboards about two months ago, started browsing daily, found a brand new CMSTORM trigger for $40, and couldn't turn down an offer like that. I've been in love ever since.

About a week ago, i started lurking Geekhack after hearing all of Ripsters horror stories. Decided it wasn't as bad of a place as he told me it was, and that he was just salty. Made an account and now here i am.

so uh yeah, hi there.

I'm not sure how much i'll go from lurking to posting, as I'm still sort of a newbie, but I'm going to try to be more active, since this community seems pretty damn cool.

Minnesota, yay!  This is where I am.  Do you go to the U?  (I don't know why, but I kind of have to ask this, don't I)

Welcome!!  I also came from reddit, so you are not alone.  That said, forget everything reddit told you about us.  :)  We're all pretty cool and I'm sure you'll like it just fine.   :thumb:

Offline thezooman123

• Dongs
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 23:54:34 »

so uh yeah, hi there.

Minnesota, yay!  This is where I am.  Do you go to the U?  (I don't know why, but I kind of have to ask this, don't I)

Welcome!!  I also came from reddit, so you are not alone.  That said, forget everything reddit told you about us.  :)  We're all pretty cool and I'm sure you'll like it just fine.   :thumb:

I don't go to the U, I'm not sure i want to go to college at all yet, but i need to make a choice soon, time is ticking for me, as it were.  Ripster seems to be the only geekhack hater, and when he goes into geekhack hate mode i don't take it too seriously, I can make my own choices. And so far GH seems to be a damn cool place so far. thanks for the warm welcome :D
Free clickclacks plz

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 23:57:14 »

so uh yeah, hi there.

I don't go to the U, I'm not sure i want to go to college at all yet, but i need to make a choice soon, time is ticking for me, as it were.  Ripster seems to be the only geekhack hater, and when he goes into geekhack hate mode i don't take it too seriously, I can make my own choices. And so far GH seems to be a damn cool place so far. thanks for the warm welcome :D

Oh, cool, not going to the U is also fine (of course :P ).  :)  If you ever want to meet up and talk keyboards just PM me.  I love meeting other GHers and trying out other boards / letting others try my boards.   :thumb: