Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303162 times)

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Invoicing)
« Reply #700 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 18:31:41 »
Did he really order our switches? 7bit said he did order switches but didn't specify how many. Did he not post pictures of PLUs?
SmallFry! <3

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #701 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 19:44:36 »
Did he really order our switches? 7bit said he did order switches but didn't specify how many.

Yep, I suspect this thread has now started to amass into an all "Pitchfork and Torches" rally against The Prof.

The poor guy is over whelmed with all the orders that came in and I don't blame him.  The decent thing is to wait for another 3 MONTHS or so to see what happens.

Even if you haven't heard from him then order switches from elsewhere.  I will order some from another person so that I can cover as many bases since Ergo Clears are so difficult to find now.

So like you guys I paid for the switches and I suspect I will buy some more later on.  Just give the poor guy some space, because this Group Buy has hit him hard. 

Remember when everyone had their Pitchforks up for Sherryton wanting blood and vengeance?  Well the guy came back and sent out all orders (or refunded in full).  I got my package from him and I will be purchasing more.  Sometimes you need to step back, be patient and plan another way to get your items instead of howling for blood on a consistent basis.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #702 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 20:13:40 »
He had very good communication when the GB started and has very bad communication now. He has not given any ETA. Again when the GB started he gave assuring ETAs... From what we have seen I think we have the right to worry. I'll be honest. I have been giving Prof the benefit of the doubt despite what people have been saying, but the more I give him the more I worry. Prof has yet given me a reason to not worry. He is not fulfilling me desire to cancel my basic assembly and have been very hard to work with. He has yet to put together my keyboard in over 4 months. The promises and job has yet to be fulfilled. I don't feel it is right that he is entitled to keep my money that was given in the expectation that he would provide service. I do not want services and I don't expect it. I want the goods that I have paid for with my money for and a refund on the service.
SmallFry! <3

Offline nebo

« Reply #703 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 21:55:37 »
Seeing as people not in this GB don't have their PCB, I don't see how that makes it TPs fault.

Offline pasph

« Reply #704 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 01:34:57 »
I think that if the poor guy can't deliver he has to refund, plain and simple.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #705 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:14:50 »
Did he really order our switches? 7bit said he did order switches but didn't specify how many.

Yep, I suspect this thread has now started to amass into an all "Pitchfork and Torches" rally against The Prof.

The poor guy is over whelmed with all the orders that came in and I don't blame him.  The decent thing is to wait for another 3 MONTHS or so to see what happens.

Even if you haven't heard from him then order switches from elsewhere.  I will order some from another person so that I can cover as many bases since Ergo Clears are so difficult to find now.

So like you guys I paid for the switches and I suspect I will buy some more later on.  Just give the poor guy some space, because this Group Buy has hit him hard. 

Remember when everyone had their Pitchforks up for Sherryton wanting blood and vengeance?  Well the guy came back and sent out all orders (or refunded in full).  I got my package from him and I will be purchasing more.  Sometimes you need to step back, be patient and plan another way to get your items instead of howling for blood on a consistent basis.

Remember Changdrew?  He didn't come back.  If you want to trust Sherryton again then that's your choice, but I can take a hint.

Sounds like this one has finally imploded.  I will try to recover my money on my own.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #706 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:27:13 »
hey guys! looks round... wow a lot happens in a couple days doesnt it...

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #707 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:49:56 »

That's hilarious, Elliot.  Keep playing coy, it's been working out so well for you.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #708 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:52:13 »

That's hilarious, Elliot.  Keep playing coy, it's been working out so well for you.
totally dude, rock on!

BTW had to look up playing coy I guess ive heard it plenty of times but never knew the true definition just the implied one.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:02:45 by TheProfosist »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #709 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:02:28 »
So metalliqaz since you seem to be one of the ones most concerned with the situation (besides SmallFry?) what would you like to see happen withing the coming days that has nothing to do with a refund?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #710 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:10:54 »
A refund.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #711 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:11:57 »
BTW had to look up playing coy I guess ive heard it plenty of times but never knew the true definition just the implied one.

What do certain people "imply" when they say 'playing coy' that is different from the true definition?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #712 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:15:16 »

What do certain people "imply" when they say 'playing coy' that is different from the true definition?

That they could be saying something, but they choose not to.  It could be flirtatious, or in this case, mocking the people who are upset.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #713 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:18:41 »

maybe imply is the wrong word... hmm though idk what the term for figuring out a words definition using surrounding words is. And who knows maybe they were using if perfectly correctly. I guess i never picked up on the complete/exact definition just by hearing it used.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #714 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:20:28 »

That they could be saying something, but they choose not to.  It could be flirtatious, or in this case, mocking the people who are upset.

But that is one of the definitions.

maybe imply is the wrong word... hmm though idk what the term for figuring out a words definition using surrounding words is. And who knows maybe they were using if perfectly correctly. I guess i never picked up on the complete/exact definition just by hearing it used.

Context.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #715 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:27:02 »
How about we keep this simple.

What is the current status of the GB?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #716 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:28:09 »
A refund.

thought i said something that had nothing to do with a refund but i guess i deserved that answer a little bit

i thought you were using it to this effect? "showing reluctance, especially when insincere or affected, to reveal one's plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand"

yea maybe that was the wrong way to go but i just hate the tenseness of the pitchforks and torches mood and i thought a little not serious comment might lighten the mood a bit.

though you should know I am actively trying to make you at least less upset (hopefully).

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #717 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:34:23 »

Context.

hmm i thought that they would have some super scientific term for it like everything else we do naturally, o well.

How about we keep this simple.

What is the current status of the GB?

Its alive and kicking especially since I said I had an update (I guess last tuesday, i guess I didnt think it was that long). I still have updates I guess even more now.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #718 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:42:47 »
Its alive and kicking especially since I said I had an update (I guess last tuesday, i guess I didnt think it was that long). I still have updates I guess even more now.

Then maybe, just maybe, instead of posting this:

You should maybe, you know, post the updates you have? You say you have updates, then keep everyone in the dark. I didn't even order anything from you, and this annoys me. You have two "reserved" posts under your OP where you could post detailed updates with inventory received, status of what people ordered and if their order is complete except for assembly, etc.

I'm trying to help you here, but you need to help yourself by giving these people what they paid for.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #719 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:44:46 »
You should maybe, you know, post the updates you have? You say you have updates, then keep everyone in the dark. I didn't even order anything from you, and this annoys me. You have two "reserved" posts under your OP where you could post detailed updates with inventory received, status of what people ordered and if their order is complete except for assembly, etc.

I'm trying to help you here, but you need to help yourself by giving these people what they paid for.

I agree. I didn't want to come in here, and jump on you because I didn't personally buy anything through you, but I know what it feels like when someone who you've given money to won't respond. Instead of posting about updates, just post the updates. Let people know the truth, even if it will upset them.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 09:47:14 »
You're preaching to the choir Moose; I've told him this multiple times to make an update, even of it would be upsetting.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #721 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 09:57:34 »
Managing people's expectations is critical in anything you do in life, not just in Group Buys.

As we've seen in other GBs, nothing goes perfectly according to plan, but letting folks know about any issues, delays, etc., goes a LONG way in keeping things running smooth. Most people here have demonstrated that as long as they are aware of what's going on, then they are more than patient -- even if it's bad news.

Recent experiences with R4 and Sanctuary fresh in everyone's mind has many people on edge not to have a repeat of that experience. A key factor in those other GBs was the lack of communication, so it's understandable that when people start to see the same level of non-communication, they start reaching for their torches.

Personally, when I look back at monies that I payed in February and the OP status is still showing "Invoicing" with little or no updates, I start to grow concerned. I don't want a refund, I just really want to know what the next step is and how's it going.

You've taken on a huge responsibility, so I can only imagine the weight that you're carrying, but there are people at the ready to help share the load. GeekHack is a fantastic community of volunteers with a rich and varied set of talents. Whatever the issues are -- even money -- there are plenty of people that are willing to lend a hand and help out.

We all want the same thing -- this GB to be a huge success.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 09:58:03 »

Then maybe, just maybe, instead of posting this:

I agree. I didn't want to come in here, and jump on you because I didn't personally buy anything through you, but I know what it feels like when someone who you've given money to won't respond. Instead of posting about updates, just post the updates. Let people know the truth, even if it will upset them.

ok here are some verbal updates (I know many you want pictures as well thell be soonish to follow)

-I have all the PLUs that were ordered in their correct colors and switches.

-the day that I said there would be and update I had gotten my third bag of switches from 7bit. I was also told that just that day he had shipped out that last bag though i was not told how many total bags that was. additionally there was a follow up pm stating that no whites had been shipped to me yet and he has none to ship but their preordered for his next order.

-yesterday a fourth bag of switches showed up

-a couple days ago I head back from Weyman at WASD and the costar stabs are now on order.

-yesterday I got a pm from bavman saying that hes working out some minor details and that the theirs a possibility that the PCBs will ship to me today. Though I have not been told whose PCBs those might be, as in people im building for or everyone who ordered something from me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2013, 10:02:32 by TheProfosist »

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #723 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 10:01:08 »
Thanks for the update Prof, please keep it up!  ;D
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #724 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 10:03:17 »
Thank you.  :-*

So to summarize:
   - PLUs have been received
   - Four bags of switches have been received
   - Costar stabilizers have been ordered from WASD
   - Bavman has said that the PCBs may ship to you today
   - You're still sorting out a few issues regarding switches with 7bit
      - How many bags were shipped
      - Status of MX-White switches

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #725 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 10:05:52 »
Managing people's expectations is critical in anything you do in life, not just in Group Buys.

As we've seen in other GBs, nothing goes perfectly according to plan, but letting folks know about any issues, delays, etc., goes a LONG way in keeping things running smooth. Most people here have demonstrated that as long as they are aware of what's going on, then they are more than patient -- even if it's bad news.

Recent experiences with R4 and Sanctuary fresh in everyone's mind has many people on edge not to have a repeat of that experience. A key factor in those other GBs was the lack of communication, so it's understandable that when people start to see the same level of non-communication, they start reaching for their torches.

Personally, when I look back at monies that I payed in February and the OP status is still showing "Invoicing" with little or no updates, I start to grow concerned. I don't want a refund, I just really want to know what the next step is and how's it going.

You've taken on a huge responsibility, so I can only imagine the weight that you're carrying, but there are people at the ready to help share the load. GeekHack is a fantastic community of volunteers with a rich and varied set of talents. Whatever the issues are -- even money -- there are plenty of people that are willing to lend a hand and help out.

We all want the same thing -- this GB to be a huge success.

yea I should have been way more on the ball with the invoicing I got them out right away but I didnt cut off the stranglers until like a month after payment was due at least.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #726 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 10:29:48 »
Thank you.  :-*

So to summarize:
   - PLUs have been received
   - Four bags of switches have been received
   - Costar stabilizers have been ordered from WASD
   - Bavman has said that the PCBs may ship to you today
   - You're still sorting out a few issues regarding switches with 7bit
      - How many bags were shipped
      - Status of MX-White switches

i should be able to get a general count of the 4 bags of switches that I do have at some point hopefully soon

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #727 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 11:07:21 »
According to 7bit the switches that were paid for have been sent (and probably received).  That should be everything but the MX whites.

According to WFD, the stabilizers have not been paid for.

Offline nebo

« Reply #728 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 14:02:00 »
Are you able to get an ETA from 7bit on the white switches? I thought he had some on hand or was that for something else (or maybe I am remembering wrong).

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #729 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 14:22:17 »
He said they are still on preorder.  His thread at Deskthority lists September-October 2013

Offline nebo

« Reply #730 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 14:29:00 »
:/

I swear there was a limited quantity and then it got moved to BACKORDERED which is why I went for them so quickly. Four more months.....

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #731 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 08:08:59 »
I got a message today that says that greens and whites will be delivered in the last week of June.

Sorry for the delay of the switches, but it seems other parts take longer anyway.
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #732 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 08:10:06 »
Good to hear. Thanks 7bit.

Offline nebo

« Reply #733 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 12:54:10 »
Thanks for the update! Even it it was longer I'd wait as I know some switches are quite a pain to get.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #734 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 15:29:20 »
End of June for Greens? Damn. I knew I should have gone Red. :'(
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #735 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 20:22:58 »
I got a message today that says that greens and whites will be delivered in the last week of June.

Sorry for the delay of the switches, but it seems other parts take longer anyway.

Good to hear.  I still am going to get some more Clears & Greens from Pexon just as insurance, in case June turns into October  :)) .

I'm not saying it will, god forbid - but you never know what the future holds here when it comes to Group Buys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2013, 20:25:10 by Elrick »

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #736 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 22:56:10 »
Hey prof,

Now that you have some stuff can you start shipping it out?  I would really like my switches.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #737 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 23:44:11 »
Hey Prof,

I've found someone to take my switches instead of me. Are you able to simply change my details for his with the switches and then sort shipping out with him when it's time?
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #738 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 00:14:12 »
Hey Prof,

I've found someone to take my switches instead of me. Are you able to simply change my details for his with the switches and then sort shipping out with him when it's time?

nope not a problem send me a PM about this please

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #739 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 12:55:42 »
Prof,

When are you going to ship orders? 

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #740 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:46:13 »
I got another bag of switches today, and just a warning you may not be hearing from me again until monday.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #741 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:59:08 »
I got another bag of switches today, and just a warning you may not be hearing from me again until monday.

Good job at yet again replying and not answering the question. 

The question was, "when are you planning on sending out the switches"?

When this started you said that you already had the clear switches and that those of us "me included" that ordered early wouldn't have to wait for backordered switches.  well.... I've been waiting.  What is the delay on shipping?  If you don't like my questions feel free to just refund me my money, this is just getting annoying.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #742 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 14:14:24 »

Good job at yet again replying and not answering the question. 

The question was, "when are you planning on sending out the switches"?

When this started you said that you already had the clear switches and that those of us "me included" that ordered early wouldn't have to wait for backordered switches.  well.... I've been waiting.  What is the delay on shipping?  If you don't like my questions feel free to just refund me my money, this is just getting annoying.

I never said I had clear switches as i have not taken time to go through the bags yet. All I did say is that I wont have green switches for a bit longer. Your order and others that didnt order green switches orders will not be delayed because of the green switches.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #743 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 14:40:56 »
And still, no answer.

"Not being delayed" is not an answer to "when are you shipping them".  I'm frankly just getting tired of this.  Please just ship me my parts or refund me.  I'm done with this.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #744 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:51:00 »
And still, no answer.

"Not being delayed" is not an answer to "when are you shipping them".  I'm frankly just getting tired of this.  Please just ship me my parts or refund me.  I'm done with this.

If you want out and prof doesn't want to refund I might be interested in buying out your spot....if that is an option?

Offline pasph

« Reply #745 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:19:42 »
TheProfosist i have bought from you 280 switches and 3 Costar stabs set, you will deliver them or prefer to refund?
If you want to deliver i want to know when.
Thanks.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Soulpyre

« Reply #746 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:27:03 »
Any word on if the cherry stabilizers are in?
TX 1800 - 62g Clears
KMAC LE - GON's Nerd PCB 62g Clears
KPAD - 62g Clears
KBT Race - Browns, Ducky Shine 4 - Browns

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #747 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:17:48 »
you know I am been patient and trusting on this but all i wanted were some damn brown and clear switches; at the time i ordered i didn't know about 7bit or maybe i would have ordered from him if they were in stock at that time, i don't know (i already have received red switches from him just fine, but those were the only ones in stock). I feel foolish for not making myself more informed then, but things have changed thankfully.

i beg you prof, please update us more with DETAILS , dude you can keep the LED stuff, just send me some damn switches!
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 23:50:08 by Glod »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #748 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:48:37 »

I suspect you won't hear from him till this coming Monday 20th of May.  He's got lots to do, heaps of switches to count and separate for plenty of customers.

Fair enough.

(ps. Anything wrong with my order please let me know via PM please, that would be greatly appreciated  ;D .)
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:53:10 by Elrick »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #749 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:49:52 »
Lol. Kay.