Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303160 times)

Offline Amarok

Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Invoicing)
« Reply #750 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 19:02:54 »
If anyone wants to buy my spot in this group buy send me a PM. My order is for a fully assembled Phantom including all parts with Ergo Clears.
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #751 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 20:19:20 »
If anyone wants to buy my spot in this group buy send me a PM. My order is for a fully assembled Phantom including all parts with Ergo Clears.

ygpm

Offline BimboBB

« Reply #752 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 04:51:42 »
I got another bag of switches today, and just a warning you may not be hearing from me again until monday.

Any news or progress about shipping the parts? .....Its Tuesday.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:24:40 »
Not a chance...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #754 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:26:52 »
seriously all i wanted was some clear switches and i feel like a fool for not educating myself until after this group buy ended, its amazing how much has changed and how much i have learned since i ordered in this group buy and i wish i could cancel and get refund. too late now it seems.

a handful of places on the web for months have clear switches with the pcb pins (that can be clipped off for the phantom) for a decent price.

Its less of a case of this being Prof's fault but my fault for not educating myself. Simply finding out how he was acquiring the parts in bulk would have changed my decision to participate.

lesson learned and the wait continues.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #755 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:47:10 »
Ugh. Could we please get a refund on the assembly? $35 on something I can do myself is too much. What are you losing if I cancel my assembly?

You have yet to put it together. I want a refund on just the assembly. What will you be losing. There is no reason that you couldn't just refund me.
SmallFry! <3

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #756 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:55:05 »
WFD said he spend assembly money on the switches.

If you thought that 25 was too much for assembly, why did you order it?

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #757 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 21:16:32 »
I got another bag of switches today, and just a warning you may not be hearing from me again until monday.

HaHa, thats funny!

OK, I'll update you all for prof,

Update:
things are happening, I'm really busy, you guys are going to be so excited when I break the news.  OMG, just hold your horses, don't you know things are happening.  BTW don't  bother me, I'm really busy and I already told you things are happening.  Jesus, what more do you want?

God, I'm busy, I'll update you all more later

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #758 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 23:05:41 »
How are you contacting him?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #759 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 00:45:18 »

HaHa, thats funny!

Update:
things are happening, I'm really busy, you guys are going to be so excited when I break the news.  OMG, just hold your horses, don't you know things are happening.  BTW don't  bother me, I'm really busy and I already told you things are happening.  Jesus, what more do you want?

ROFL funny man, just so you know I havnt replied to anyone or anything this week yet.

But, a big thanks to those who respected my post about being unavailable for GH stuff until the following monday. I appreciate not getting flooded while I dont have the ability or time to answer. 

Offline pasph

« Reply #760 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 03:21:42 »
TheProfosist i have bought from you 280 switches and 3 Costar stabs set, you will deliver them or prefer to refund?
If you want to deliver i want to know when.
Thanks.

n. 2
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #761 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 07:53:13 »
Looks like he's alive from the "Take better pictures" thread.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #762 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 11:39:27 »

HaHa, thats funny!

Update:

ROFL funny man, just so you know I havnt replied to anyone or anything this week yet.

But, a big thanks to those who respected my post about being unavailable for GH stuff until the following monday. I appreciate not getting flooded while I dont have the ability or time to answer.

Why do you bother replying, you never say anything.  I will never join another one of your GB's.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #763 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 11:43:50 »
I think he's stated that he's not going to do any more after this is over.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #764 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 11:53:16 »
I think he's stated that he's not going to do any more after this is over.

Which is probably the correct action.

Anyway, Prof is back and I think we've determined that the switches are in.  Now lets work on getting those stabilizers.  The Costar order has gone through by now, right?  What about the Cherry stabs?  Those are being sourced from WFD if I understand correctly.  How is that going?

Offline Rendom

« Reply #765 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 12:47:27 »
Hopefully my switches will be with Alaric when he's going to assemble my board.  :)
QFR - MX Blue

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #766 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:12:42 »
The Costar stabs from WASD showed up!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #767 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:32:31 »
That's good news, we're almost there.  How about the Cherry stabs?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #768 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:38:33 »

looks like I need so find some wire and a bender. Anyone know where i can find some 1/16 in straight wire rod, cause im looked everywhere round here with no luck smallest I can find is 1/8 in.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #769 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:46:34 »
Hobby Lobby or Amazon.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #770 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:58:04 »

looks like I need so find some wire and a bender. Anyone know where i can find some 1/16 in straight wire rod, cause im looked everywhere round here with no luck smallest I can find is 1/8 in.

I have bent several stabilizer wires (Epsilon requires a non-standard length) and I would SERIOUSLY advice against this course.  It is not at all easy, and very time consuming.  Each wire takes me about a half hour to get right.  Also, we paid for new stabilizer kits, not home-bent.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #771 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:02:15 »

I have bent several stabilizer wires (Epsilon requires a non-standard length) and I would SERIOUSLY advice against this course.  It is not at all easy, and very time consuming.  Each wire takes me about a half hour to get right.  Also, we paid for new stabilizer kits, not home-bent.

no actually you did pay for home bent ones cause you cant buy cherry spacebar stabilizers and their actually really easy and not that complex ive even modified a few 10x to be 7x just using a vice in a couple minutes so having a cheap wire bender it could only be easier and quicker.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:13:02 »
Whatever you say.  Just make sure to test them before you send them off.  Like SmallFry said you can get it from Hobby Lobby.  I don't know how many you have to make, but it must be dozens.  I at least have the capability so you don't have to bend mine, that will reduce the load slightly.  I assume you're starting with the 2x kits?  Are those ordered?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #773 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:21:52 »
Are there any more "warnings"? I'm sure people would like to know if they won't be hearing from you until next week.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #774 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:02:41 »
So you tell me to source parts, spend time and money on them, cover payment for a bunch of your parts, and now you're going to try to get your own elsewhere? What am I going to do with all this stuff that I already paid for?

I also highly advise against you making your own wires for everyone. It does take quite a bit of time to make them correctly and accurately because they need to be a certain tolerance for the stabilizers to not stick. Like metalliqaz said, It does take around 10-30min to measure, bend, clip, and test fitment for each one. You tell people you're really busy and to not bother you, what makes you think you'll have time to make over 50 wires? And judging from your worksmanship and attention to detail, I don't fully trust you'll make wires with exact dimensions.

Honestly, this was a huge waste of time and money trying to work with you. Several weeks, no reply to my PMs, and yet you still post around in the forums...

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:14:56 »
So you tell me to source parts, spend time and money on them, cover payment for a bunch of your parts, and now you're going to try to get your own elsewhere? What am I going to do with all this stuff that I already paid for?

I also highly advise against you making your own wires for everyone. It does take quite a bit of time to make them correctly and accurately because they need to be a certain tolerance for the stabilizers to not stick. Like metalliqaz said, It does take around 10-30min to measure, bend, clip, and test fitment for each one. You tell people you're really busy and to not bother you, what makes you think you'll have time to make over 50 wires? And judging from your worksmanship and attention to detail, I don't fully trust you'll make wires with exact dimensions.

Honestly, this was a huge waste of time and money trying to work with you. Several weeks, no reply to my PMs, and yet you still post around in the forums...

Ill buy the sapcebar wires off of you if you already have all of them made, which if you do great!

I have made cherry spacebar wires before with a vise and understand what involved to get them to fit properly and how much time it takes I only did 5.

Also what I think is a proper lube amount is 100% personal preference apparently because I think most people use too little which to my fingers has little effect. This has nothing to do with making wires though so I dont get your point.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #776 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:20:16 »
Everyone wants to just get out of this as soon as possible... including you, Prof.  If WFD already has parts why not go with that?  It has to be the quickest option.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #777 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:26:01 »
Because he has yet to pay him...

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:27:58 »
Everyone wants to just get out of this as soon as possible... including you, Prof.  If WFD already has parts why not go with that?  It has to be the quickest option.

Money would be the reason.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:28:20 »
I'm about to go "tilt!" with this assembly group buy.

When I signed up for this in January, it was because I wanted professional assembly to ensure that I had the best possible build for my Phantom (in fact, I recall requesting WFD for the build). If the last couple of posts is any indication of what the build is going to be like -- I'm out.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #780 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:36:43 »
Hi Prof,

I see you now have the "ability and time" to answer.  Why don't you give us a real status update?  Tell us why you're not sending out any parts? 

Please don't even respond if you only intend on basically blowing everyone off who trusted you with their money. 

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #781 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:43:56 »
Hi Prof,

I see you now have the "ability and time" to answer.  Why don't you give us a real status update?  Tell us why you're not sending out any parts? 

Please don't even respond if you only intend on basically blowing everyone off who trusted you with their money. 

Im not blowing anyone off. I am not shipping parts because I dont have them all.

As for an update as to when theyll ship, thats quite hard to say as I dont know when ill have the rest of the parts. And YES I am actively trying to get the rest in.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #782 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:49:43 »

Money would be the reason.

I don't understand this.  You had agreed on prices before collecting money, correct?  Is there a reason that money is suddenly an issue?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #783 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:51:51 »
Im not blowing anyone off. I am not shipping parts because I dont have them all.

As for an update as to when theyll ship, thats quite hard to say as I dont know when ill have the rest of the parts. And YES I am actively trying to get the rest in.

Which parts don't you have? Green switches and Cherry stabs? These specific details are what people want when you post an update.

Also, do you have any orders where you have received everything? Post those in one of the two reserved spots under the OP. If someone is missing something that you are waiting on, put that in there, too.

For people who ordered parts only, and whose orders are complete, exactly when do you plan to ship them?

These are the questions to which people want answers when they ask for updates...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:58:01 »

Which parts don't you have? Green switches and Cherry stabs? These specific details are what people want when you post an update.

Also, do you have any orders where you have received everything? Post those in one of the two reserved spots under the OP. If someone is missing something that you are waiting on, put that in there, too.

For people who ordered parts only, and whose orders are complete, exactly when do you plan to ship them?

These are the questions to which people want answers when they ask for updates...

I have to check the switchs I do have but I should have everything but green, at least thats what has been shipped. Besides that im missing cherry stabs, plates, and PCBs.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #785 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:20:19 »
* SmallFry gets the Jiffy Pop.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #786 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:21:13 »
* SmallFry gets the Jiffy Pop.

You better get a Big Swig to go with that your gonna need it.

Offline pasph

« Reply #787 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:21:41 »
I have to check the switchs I do have

When are you going to check them?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline zyth3x

« Reply #788 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 19:13:31 »
I only ordered clear switches, surely those can be sent out?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:39:43 »

note: this is was taken out of focus on purpose

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #790 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:44:38 »
Looks like the switches have arrived.

I've got 60x Clears which I've instructed you to send to Alaric in a PM (sent approx a few weeks ago) Let me know if you did not receive this and I can resend this PM regarding the actions I would like to take regarding my purchases.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #791 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:46:16 »
So who's switches are those?

Offline Rendom

« Reply #792 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:50:48 »
Hopefully my 90  clear switches were inside so it can be send to Alaric ASAP.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline nebo

« Reply #793 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 18:21:53 »
Have we found out what switches you have yet? I realize you're still waiting on PCBs and other parts (probably), but at this rate I think I might have my GH60 and the whites from 7bit before I get this. :/

Of course I don't have a case for either yet but still.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #794 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 19:29:41 »
Can you send our switches to Alaric ASAP ?  I bought 90 Clear switches.  Would really  appreciate that. thanks
QFR - MX Blue

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #795 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 19:30:38 »
Can you send our switches to Alaric ASAP ?  I bought 90 Clear switches.  Would really  appreciate that. thanks

Along with 100x clears for me also.
Cheerios

Offline pasph

« Reply #796 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 04:00:52 »
When will you ship my switches to WhiteFireDragon?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #797 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 00:31:33 »
Quote from: IRC 5/31/13
[00:17:06] *** Joins: TheProfosist (~TheProfos@CPE-65-29-170-100.wi.res.rr.com)
[00:18:19] <SmallFry> TheProfosist, glad to see you
[00:18:28] <SmallFry> How is the GB coming?
[00:18:55] *** Quits: TheProfosist (~TheProfos@CPE-65-29-170-100.wi.res.rr.com) (Client Quit)
I've omitted a user's join to the channel that does not have anything to do with the GB, just so he doesn't get wrapped in also. Just thought you guys should know though. I will be in contact with WFD regarding action after my finals next week. Hopefully, WFD and I can get this GB back on track.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #798 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 04:16:32 »
Quote from: IRC 5/31/13
[00:17:06] *** Joins: TheProfosist (~TheProfos@CPE-65-29-170-100.wi.res.rr.com)
[00:18:19] <SmallFry> TheProfosist, glad to see you
[00:18:28] <SmallFry> How is the GB coming?
[00:18:55] *** RAGE Quits: TheProfosist (~TheProfos@CPE-65-29-170-100.wi.res.rr.com) (Client Quit)
I've omitted a user's join to the channel that does not have anything to do with the GB, just so he doesn't get wrapped in also. Just thought you guys should know though. I will be in contact with WFD regarding action after my finals next week. Hopefully, WFD and I can get this GB back on track.

FTFY!
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2013, 06:43:17 by ray4jc »

Offline pasph

« Reply #799 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 05:18:52 »
When will you ship my switches to WhiteFireDragon?

again and again and...