Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303165 times)

Offline Germiphene

Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Invoicing)
« Reply #850 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 22:16:44 »
Please don't jump all off this group buy!

Even if he refunds you the money for the switches, you won't be able to get them anytime soon. I'm blocked by Round 4 and sold out at the moment. GH60 switches (NW-only anyway while Phantom needs NN) will take quite some while to be delivered and it is unclear when pexon gets close enough to 4000 to be able to order clears.

On the other hand, TheProfosist has them all there (except the whites which I can also ship directly when they arrived), so I'm quite sure he will still beat out anybody else in terms of delivery time and maybe even in price, as Cherry raised their prices quite a bit.

:-)

Hahaha hhaaa haaaaa, It's like we're on a runaway train here.  We're going to get to the end, it just might be as a giant switch explosion, instead a calm orderly arrival.
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline jabar

« Reply #851 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 22:40:41 »
What this GB needs is an end-game plan with milestones set forth by the Prof. I don't think anyone needs explanations or apologies at this time, but forward action.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline bisl

« Reply #852 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 15:54:39 »
Agreed. Also, for people to stop making demands in the thread. I'm waiting on an ETA too but you don't see me *****ing on the forums about it.

Only on IRC :)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #853 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:18:24 »
Agreed. Also, for people to stop making demands in the thread. I'm waiting on an ETA too but you don't see me *****ing on the forums about it.

What are we supposed to do?  It's clear Prof has completely checked out.  Even after the push this weekend we didn't get any comment from him.  He was online too, I checked.  He's in hiding, and I don't intend to simply let this fade away with my money in his pocket.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #854 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:19:42 »

What are we supposed to do?  It's clear Prof has completely checked out.  Even after the push this weekend we didn't get any comment from him.  He was online too, I checked.  He's in hiding, and I don't intend to simply let this fade away with my money in his pocket.

Is their a rough total of how much money has been put into this by members? I'm guessing it is a fairly large amount.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #855 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:21:30 »

Is their a rough total of how much money has been put into this by members? I'm guessing it is a fairly large amount.
Someone said 22 orders? 22x35 (min) = 875; unless im missing something. (This is nothing to do with me; just inputting some maths)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #856 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:23:34 »
Much more than that.  There is a spreadsheet in the OP if you were so inclined.  $200 from me, though.

Offline nebo

« Reply #857 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:32:31 »
Much more than that.  There is a spreadsheet in the OP if you were so inclined.  $200 from me, though.
$5996.35

That's what I got but it was quick copy pasting and excel work so no idea on the accuracy though it's a pretty good number just looking over it. That isn't including shipping.

EDIT - Also looks like bavman is sending out orders so this can't be held up for anybody except white switches...
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38441.msg915450#msg915450

What I said yesterday about waiting to start the whole pitchfork thing, yeah, we're getting close.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:34:42 by nebo »

Offline bisl

« Reply #858 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:36:34 »

I don't mean stopping entirely all efforts to keep this moving, but if everyone spams the thread every day with nothing more than summary imperatives for profosist to ship their stuff, it turns into a real shatstorm. That **** is for PMs.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #859 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:47:11 »
$5996.35

That's what I got but it was quick copy pasting and excel work so no idea on the accuracy though it's a pretty good number just looking over it. That isn't including shipping.

EDIT - Also looks like bavman is sending out orders so this can't be held up for anybody except white switches...
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38441.msg915450#msg915450

What I said yesterday about waiting to start the whole pitchfork thing, yeah, we're getting close.

I got a similar answer  :-X

someone please check my math but I just did multiplication and addition in excel.....

Well if I'm looking at that spreadsheet right its somewhere around ~$6,000+ total

Half of that is for switches ~$3,000

Around ~$1200 in the various assembly charges

Almost $1,000 just in the PLU-87 boards.....

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:34:22 »
I havnt checked out guys you should get a response from me tomorrow starting back with my other post. O and I received another bag of switches today from 7bit.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #861 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:43:25 »
I havnt checked out guys you should get a response from me tomorrow starting back with my other post. O and I received another bag of switches today from 7bit.

good stuff.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #862 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:18:16 »
Hey guys sorry about not getting the response up, life has in no way going my way (murphy's law is a *****). I know what your going to think/say when i say this but ill do my best to post responses and reply to pms/emails before the start of next week. Before you ask I will most likely not be posting anything today as i wont be sitting down near a computer long enough to do so.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #863 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 06:06:05 »
Hey guys sorry about not getting the response up, life has in no way going my way (murphy's law is a *****). I know what your going to think/say when i say this but ill do my best to post responses and reply to pms/emails before the start of next week. Before you ask I will most likely not be posting anything today as i wont be sitting down near a computer long enough to do so.

^^ this is better than nothing!

Whatever your dealing with, I hope this all gets worked out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 June 2013, 06:09:25 by ray4jc »

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #864 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 12:20:13 »

Not really.  Just like the rest of his posts, you got ZERO information from this post.

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #865 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 12:54:12 »
Maybe he doesn't want to share his personal life with the world at large - my world domination silver key-cap plan has been stalled since about the same time as profs issues started.  I appreciated the difference being that I haven't a penny of other peoples hard earned cash, but even if I had things would still be going pretty damn slowly...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 12:59:28 »

Not really.  Just like the rest of his posts, you got ZERO information from this post.

But he posted....... at least......

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #867 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 17:10:52 »
Maybe he doesn't want to share his personal life with the world at large - my world domination silver key-cap plan has been stalled since about the same time as profs issues started.  I appreciated the difference being that I haven't a penny of other peoples hard earned cash, but even if I had things would still be going pretty damn slowly...

No one is asking about his personal life.  I know I for one could care less about someone I've never met.  I do however care that someone whom is holding my money will not give a proper update.  All updates are a string of useless information.

things are hard
I'm busy
things are happening

always super vague, never any information.  Pretty much the same as no post at all.  SUPER annoying

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #868 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 17:19:01 »
Update: updates are coming at an undetermined date.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:12:19 »
I'm posting on page 29 to see how many more pages there are before you guys receive your switches.

Offline metafour

« Reply #870 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:17:39 »
Update: There will be no update today. Maybe tomorrow but most likely no update tomorrow either. Next week, maybe.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #871 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:46:59 »
FYI, I just got an update from the prof

Sumation of update:

Offline metafour

« Reply #872 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:52:02 »
FYI, I just got an update from the prof

Sumation of update:

Expectations: met
Hopes: not met

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #873 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:12:15 »
I always wondered why people were trusting him to build their keyboards when it took him half a year to mod **** up my capslock. And he never gave a refund for that either. It has been next to me on my desk ever since as a reminder to always mod stuff myself.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline metafour

« Reply #874 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:15:22 »
I always wondered why people were trusting him to build their keyboards when it took him half a year to mod **** up my capslock. And he never gave a refund for that either. It has been next to me on my desk ever since as a reminder to always mod stuff myself.

I've alluded to this before. Some of us who were around when he had his subforum remember this quite clearly. I believe he held other's caps for months without modding them. MONTHS.

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #875 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:28:10 »

I've alluded to this before. Some of us who were around when he had his subforum remember this quite clearly. I believe he held other's caps for months without modding them. MONTHS.

I am out $14.21 by my count, which is a lot less than everyone here, but I learned my lesson. I will never buy anything (ESPECIALLY modding) from TheProfosist ever again. I will however still sell to TheProfosist if he wants something, and he would get his stuff in a timely manner.

EDIT: Almost every time I go to the "Who's Online" section to see what people are doing, I look to see what he's doing while he's online, but it always says "Unknown Action"... Does that bug anyone else?
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:41:16 by The_Ed »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #876 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 22:06:12 »
That's because nobody else knows what the hell he's doing either. :))

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #877 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 23:06:54 »
this thread depresses me and I can't do **** so **** it, Ima do what I want

i like to rhyme
i like my beats funky
i'm spunky
i like my oatmeal lumpy
i sick with this
straight gangster mac
but sometimes i get ridiculous
i'll eat up all your crackers and your licorace
hey yo fat girl
come here are you ticklish?
yeah i call you fat, look at me i'm skinny
it never stopped me from gettin busy
i'm a freak
i like the girls with the boom
i once got busy in a burger king bathroom

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #878 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:07:12 »
profosist likes to disappear randomly every few months
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #879 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:09:10 »

"Not live his life on geekhack"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #880 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:12:03 »
but loves to make promises on gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #881 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:52:22 »
SmallFry! <3

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #882 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 13:21:31 »

Being new at the time, I didn't know issues others had with TP. Everything appeared well organized at the start and the fact that WFD and SmallFry were involved it seemed like a no brainer.

Live and learn.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #883 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 13:24:29 »
I thought that this buy would go well also, I didn't remember Prof going MIA before, so I hopped in on the GB. My appologies.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #884 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 13:40:50 »
I thought that this buy would go well also, I didn't remember Prof going MIA before, so I hopped in on the GB. My appologies.

No need to apologize. The Profosist surrounded himself with reputable people, such as yourself, to add credibility to his GB. No fault of yours SmallFry.

If anything, it's because of you and WFD that we have any insight into what's going on. So, thank you.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #885 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 13:42:33 »
Heh, I'm just a sitting duck nowadays, he blocked me on gchat almost a month ago.

Offline nebo

« Reply #886 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 14:02:54 »
Heh, I'm just a sitting duck nowadays, he blocked me on gchat almost a month ago.
lolololololololol

Professional. I feel that if he is reading this I should remind him he is dealing with ~$6000 in money and goods. Probably shouldn't block people. Just ignore them and say you were busy! :D

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #887 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 14:26:56 »

"Not live his life on geekhack"

You don't need to live your life on GH, just answer a couple questions "directly", in a time frame under 6 months.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #888 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 21:48:54 »
i just hope he started sorting. 3000 switches is going to take some time to sort by himself unless 7-bit pre-sorted them.

i wanted to build my phantom with clears...... doubt i will have the patience to wait, may just have to swap out stems and springs later and just use these reds or blues i have.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #889 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:10:07 »
Finally a real PM to me with actual substance, after a very long time of waiting. I'll just post it here.

tl;dr - Prof has no income and zero money left to buy the remaining parts or to ship out your stuff. He's waiting on money from Massdrop, but I doubt that will be enough for everything. You may have to pay him (again?) to ship out stuff or for stabilizers/LEDs.

I'm already picking up your slack. Tell me why you charge $8 for stabs and I need to sell for a loss? You keep the profit from assembly and parts while I have to do all your work? If you can't even pay me money that's not even part of the assembly and GB parts, money that you personally owe me, which you kept promising to pay me a long time ago, what makes me believe that you'll actually refund people for these parts once massdrop pays you?

I shortened this up as I didnt feel like re-writing everything I wrote before and lost.

what slack of mine are you picking up?

why i charged $8 is because thats what it was for the lowest tier + the cost of a wire from you. And I would love to keep the profit if i had any.

What do yo umean while I have to do all your work? I plan to build all the boards because I cant pay anyone.

The not haveing any money from the GB is 100% my poor planning aparently and not watching everything very carefully as I was paying for it, so ill attest to that. Ill get you the money for the stuff you have been holding for me as i just stated in my last PM but im have to sell the stuff, I hope thats alright with you. You dont have to believe me, no one every has any real reason to believe anyone, especially over the internet. All I have to say though is though I may take some time I have always gotten people their stuff or money in the end and though you may not believe me I never considered not getting them what I said I would.

The instant I have money from Massdrop I can send it to you instead if you wish then you can just refund the money you were sent (if your the one thats going to collect it). I dont know if thats any better or if anyone will even go for that idea/plan. I just want to do something that will will get this GB to the point where I can start shipping out parts and building keyboards. The sooner this happens the better, I need to get this GB over and outa my life.

What slack? Answering PMs from people that ask me what's going on. Reorganize my spreadsheet and bavman's spreadsheet where everything should go. There were also a bunch of people that requested for me to handle their package, rather than you handling it. I've been in back and forth communication with these guys, and it does take up my time work with them. I'm combining shipping for some of these packages, and will be sending it directly to them as requested, rather than passing it on to you. Some of them already went out. So even after all this, you still want me to send out individual PM to the whole GB, asking them to pay me directly for stabilizers, which you had already collected money for? Is it really my job to contact everyone, and mange payment again?

So all your personal stuff that I'm holding for you and helped you pay for them... basically you kept making empty promises of paying me back for them, then now you finally tell me you're going to sell it? You could have told me this 6 months ago or try to sell it a while ago so that my money isn't held up, and I'm not stuck with your personal stuff at my place. Now after you sell them, it's my time and responsibility to package and ship them out? Seriously... wtf is this...

Your last response was the first one in a while that you actually said something. But you still need to be more specific, because I need to know, and I'm sure everyone else would like to know as well. You've collected all payments already, and even more than what the parts costs since they've already paid for the assembly fees. Where did all this money go if you did not spend it for your personal things? If 7bit charged you more for switches than what he initially said, you shouldn't have placed the order until you worked out the budget. How much did you end up paying for the switches? How much were the PLU keyboards? How many ergo-dox do you need to assemble, and how much total money is massdrop paying you? Did people already pay you for the shipping costs in advance? If you can't even find the time to give updates or respond, how are you going to have time to build everything and package/ship them out? Just do some quick number crunching man. I don't think what massdrop will pay you, will be enough to cover all your "debt". You still need to pay for stabilizers, (shipping to each person?), and personal money you owe me.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #890 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:13:24 »
Hopefully it won't be a week or more of no response, and that post only the relevant PM in public will make him respond faster. Or at least tell everyone else what's going on instead of just me.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #891 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:20:15 »
Good to hear, let me know if I should be doing anything on my end (being close to him and all)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #892 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 23:02:48 »
****ing ridiculous. if anything you just made me ****ing angrier by sharing that WFD

Oh and aside from the phantom stuff, are there ****ing ErgoDox parts chilling at his house? Hell, Round 2 of ErgoDox has reached most people this week and there are like 8 people are still waiting on their round 1 to be built by him if i am not mistaken. wtf.

Offline nebo

« Reply #893 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 23:10:45 »
How much money is he out? Kind of sucks I'll have my GH60 before this.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #894 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 23:11:25 »

I kinda doubt that you'll have a GH60 before this phantom
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline nebo

« Reply #895 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 23:17:30 »

I kinda doubt that you'll have a GH60 before this phantom
White switches + assembly....

Offline Rendom

« Reply #896 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 23:39:22 »
This guy.. jumps on every opportunity, takes every assembling groupbuy there is, and be as irresponsible as he can after.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #897 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 00:39:58 »
It is right that some switches were more expensive. That is because I told him a price for the stuff I've got in stock, not for stuff which I've got to order for him. Prices have changed over time.

However, I've lowered them, so the 990 extra clears are now 0.42 EUR or $0.55 like the rest of the switches.
The price for the extra whites is now 0.54 EUR ($0.70) as for anybody else.

I still need to get 101.83 EUR ($132.38) from him. Shipping for this order was only 4 EUR ($5.20), because I charge shipping only once, no matter how much is ordered.

I'm still waiting for the whites which should be delivered by the end of July.

Here is his price list, BTW:
Code: [Select]
$0.60 - MXBLACK     (MX1A-11NN) - BACKORDERED
$0.60 - MXBLUE     (MX1A-E1NN)
$0.60 - MXBROWN     (MX1A-G1NN)
$0.60 - MXRED     (MX1A-L1NN)
$0.60 - MXCLEAR     (MX1A-C1NN) - BACKORDERED
$0.85 - MXGREEN     (MX1A-F1NN)
$0.65 - MXWHITE     (MX1A-A1NN) - BACKORDERED
$0.85 - MXGREY     (MX1A-D1NN)
$0.85 - MXDARKGREY     (MX1A-21NN)
$4.25 - MXLOCK     (MX1A-31NN) - BACKORDERED

He got for switches (according to his pricelist):
((3939-304-22-2)*0.6+0.85*(304+22)+4.25*2) == $2452.20

He paid so far:
1608.68 EUR == $2091.28

He still needs to pay:
101.83 EUR == $132.38

Under the (false) assumption that every switch costs only 0.42 EUR ($0.55):
(3939*0.42+4)*1.3 == $2155.89

So he has to pay $67.77 more than he thought.

So he should have 2452.20-2091.28 == $360.92 left at this point.

After paying the rest, there are still $228.54 left.

« Last Edit: Sun, 09 June 2013, 01:05:00 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #898 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 00:47:57 »
I'm out.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?