Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303154 times)

Offline okooko

• afk.
Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Invoicing)
« Reply #1000 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 20:25:38 »
Sweet jesus, can we please stop bumping the thread with the same garbage about shipping to alaric

I told him I'll pay for the postage to Alaric and all he needs to do only count and send it out. I don't see why I shouldn't keep remind him to do it as time is money and I'll only be in hometown for another 2 months. And fyi if you think it's garbage then ignore it.

Same here, I've instructed him to send out my Clears with the money I paid for the assembly (which is more than enough) in many PMs.

Might need to find another source for switches, so I get my LZGH in this lifetime.

Offline blighty

« Reply #1001 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 22:11:16 »
So, anyone have any leads on where to get Cherry stabs w/a 7unit spacebar wire?  Will a pcb-mount 7u wire work?  I tried to PM WFD about it, but I got no response. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1002 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 22:33:56 »
Sweet jesus, can we please stop bumping the thread with the same garbage about shipping to alaric

I told him I'll pay for the postage to Alaric and all he needs to do only count and send it out. I don't see why I shouldn't keep remind him to do it as time is money and I'll only be in hometown for another 2 months. And fyi if you think it's garbage then ignore it.

Same here, I've instructed him to send out my Clears with the money I paid for the assembly (which is more than enough) in many PMs.

Might need to find another source for switches, so I get my LZGH in this lifetime.

The money you paid for assembly is apparently long gone. Seems he was irresponsible and spent it, along with shipping money, etc.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nebo

« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 12:59:06 »

The money you paid for assembly is apparently long gone. Seems he was irresponsible and spent it, along with shipping money, etc.
Wait, what? Even more of a reason I want it shipped to me and not TP. God knows if it ends up with him if I'll ever get it.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 15:11:42 »
I told him I'll pay for the postage to Alaric and all he needs to do only count and send it out. I don't see why I shouldn't keep remind him to do it as time is money and I'll only be in hometown for another 2 months.

The lack money for shipping costs is only half the problem, so offering him money to ship it out won't fully resolve it. The bigger problem is his lack of communication and responsibility. If you send him shipping money, he's still not going to respond to you, nor care enough to ship it out.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1005 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 10:51:56 »
wtf is going on here?  I've been gone a week and not a single peep?  Can we please proceed with extra-forum strategies? 

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1006 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 10:53:25 »
Let TheProfosist go down in history as the most shamed GH'er ever, with fewer friends than Ripster.  What a punk

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1007 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 11:54:21 »
Does anyone want to buy my spot on this one?  I have clears coming.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1008 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 11:56:02 »

That'll be a tough sell, especially since it's doubtful that TheProfosist will ship out what he has on hand.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1009 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 11:57:00 »
I really doubt that.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1010 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 12:07:46 »
wtf is going on here?  I've been gone a week and not a single peep?  Can we please proceed with extra-forum strategies? 

I have no part in this other than I had some interest in buying out a build at one point but now that option is looking very bleak.

Is there nothing that can be done? When does the scammer label come out?

If this isn't ripping people off then I don't know what is.

I know for the prof something(s) had to have happened in real life that were unavoidable but to let it turn into this, it is just awful.

There is always another side to a story and I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

There has just been a lot negative things going on around geekhack lately and I think it's bringing everybody down.

Offline bisl

« Reply #1011 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 13:40:18 »
Let TheProfosist go down in history as the most shamed GH'er ever, with fewer friends than Ripster.  What a punk

How soon we forget Changdrew when it serves our purposes.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1012 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:41:17 »
I have no part in this other than I had some interest in buying out a build at one point but now that option is looking very bleak.

Is there nothing that can be done? When does the scammer label come out?

Pretty sure it already did.

If this isn't ripping people off then I don't know what is.

I know for the prof something(s) had to have happened in real life that were unavoidable but to let it turn into this, it is just awful.

My guess is drugs.

There is always another side to a story and I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

There has just been a lot negative things going on around geekhack lately and I think it's bringing everybody down.

We delved too deep and too greedily.  Prof took advantage.  I got burned out, too.  Just need to tie up this loose end and a few others.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1013 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:48:34 »

We delved too deep and too greedily.  Prof took advantage.  I got burned out, too.  Just need to tie up this loose end and a few others.
The thing is, he has reported that he has some of the parts, so if he actually did buy them then he hasn't really made much, only that on assembly. Makes no sense why he won't ship it though.

It's no matter though, I know we've started at least with a letter though I don't know the state of that. Pending how that goes, this gets ugly (or uglier depending on your view).

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1014 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:59:05 »
surely this can still be resolved if he has some of the parts. I really hope i am not in denial that i lost over $200

if you can't afford to ship take out a credit card, do a title loan, **** yourself, get a job, get a second job, i don't know dude.

I am fearing this will never be resolved, Prof will be perma-banned, and i will be out of more than $200 and cherry switches.

It also messes up the flow of highly successful group buys lately!!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1015 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 15:49:03 »
You and me both out $200, but I doubt there will be any perma-ban unless someone starts trolling the mods again.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1016 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 16:36:32 »
I'm out of $240, maybe some mod will give him an award: best GH scammer of all times
btw i was refunded by Changdrew
It takes only 5 min. to REFUND the mx grey switches he has NEVER ORDERED, but he is just a SCAMMER...
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1017 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 17:57:34 »
i am not ready to call him a certified scammer because of some good history with him and around the time i joined geekhack last year he seemed to be a respected member. I learned a few things from him actually. What the hell happened? just months before he sounded excited about building things and really seemed level headed then he starts talking about how he dont want to live your life on geek hack anymore.

but he is not a victim either!

It sounds like to me he is a broke young dude who made some seriously bad decisions with this group buy, did not disclose enough when this started, and we all got ****ed because of it. It doesn't seem like he listened to any warnings people like WFD gave him.

Again, i am not calling him a victim because at this point that we all have our pitchforks and torches out and there is nothing positive to say about Prof anymore, i doubt he will EVER really directly communicate with anyone here ever again because anything he says that is not related to our parts shipping or refunding people will be taken negatively. I think because of our feedback we will never get clear status updates, we are victims and he isn't but its just the truth--he is human and this is the natural human reaction to these comments.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1018 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 18:36:14 »
He got scared?
IMHO the worst part is that we've been fooled by him posting nothingness every once in awhile for months.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1019 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 19:20:55 »
My past purchases from the Prof had always been smooth (couple of CCs and a Topre set) and never had any issues.

But just this GB has really pushed it with, i'd imagine, a big bunch of people and much money has been potentially lost.
'
Waiting for this to come through, I've missed many opportunities to buy more switches which has further delayed my current projects...

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1020 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:04:00 »
A couple of weeks ago, I found TheProfosist on the IRC channel and had a brief conversation with. Unfortunately I don't have a log of the conversation, but he was too distracted with the E3 announcements he was watching to do much in the way of answering my questions.

I tried to confirm that he had the PLU keyboards and see if he would ship it to me so that I could build up the board myself, but I never got a straight answer. Since then, I haven't seen him on IRC.

I assume he lives with his parents. Does anyone happen to know how old he is?

Offline nebo

« Reply #1021 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:05:02 »
Prof is ~25.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1022 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:08:29 »
Prof is ~25.

Of legal age. Good to know. Thank you.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1023 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:18:55 »
He has been completely doxed.  That discussion can be moved offline.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1024 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:32:23 »
Because some people asked me about direct shipping of whites, once I got them:

I did not ship any whites (628), locks (2) or dark greys (22) yet.

He paid me 224.13 EUR more than I've shipped, so in theory I could ship switches directly for 4 EUR extra (or free if you paid TheAmateurist for shipping already) until the positive balance is used up.

The only problem is to know if you really paid and nothing got refunded etc.

According to the wiki, there are 23 dark greys ordered, one too many.
628 whites matches with what TheAmateurist ordered from me.
3 locks is one too many.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:36:14 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline metafour

« Reply #1025 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:34:05 »
A couple of weeks ago, I found TheProfosist on the IRC channel and had a brief conversation with. Unfortunately I don't have a log of the conversation, but he was too distracted with the E3 announcements he was watching to do much in the way of answering my questions.

I tried to confirm that he had the PLU keyboards and see if he would ship it to me so that I could build up the board myself, but I never got a straight answer. Since then, I haven't seen him on IRC.

I assume he lives with his parents. Does anyone happen to know how old he is?

Probably a safe bet that some of the money was spent on video games then!

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1026 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:52:08 »
Because some people asked me about direct shipping of whites, once I got them:

I did not ship any whites (628), locks (2) or dark greys (22) yet.

He paid me 224.13 EUR more than I've shipped, so in theory I could ship switches directly for 4 EUR extra (or free if you paid TheAmateurist for shipping already) until the positive balance is used up.

The only problem is to know if you really paid and nothing got refunded etc.

According to the wiki, there are 23 dark greys ordered, one too many.
628 whites matches with what TheAmateurist ordered from me.
3 locks is one too many.

Thank you 7bit!!
I am one of those that ordered whites (qty 90) and a lock and would like to have them shipped to me directly. I paid TP in full and I have not received any refund (has anyone gotten any refund from TP?) I would be happy to provide whatever proof I can (eg paypal screenshot) in order to have my switches sent to me directly. I will also pay additional shipping if needed. Just let me know. Thanks again!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1027 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 13:53:50 »
There are 3 people listed who ordered MXLOCK/NW:
Elrick, olaph and WhiteFireDragon.

Code: [Select]
MXDARKGREY:
15|KuhnTang
 4|Germiphene
 1|longweight
 2|isman
 1|Oproer

Offline r3dx

« Reply #1028 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:01:12 »
7bit, I'd also be willing to pay additional shipping and show some kind of proof of purchase to at least get my white switches.
Filco MJ2 Ninja | CM Storm QFR | CM Storm QFR | IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | ErgoDox |
LZ-GH

Offline nebo

« Reply #1029 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:20:53 »
7bit, I was billed for 100 white switches. If that aligns with everything, I can also provide my invoice.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1030 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:27:16 »
7bit knows this already, as I've been messaging him about it, but I've also ordered 100 MX Whites.

Does anyone else who was supposed to have helped him (WFD, SmallFry, ...) happen to have an official paid list? Or was such a list made solely by Prof?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1031 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:42:11 »
7bit knows this already, as I've been messaging him about it, but I've also ordered 100 MX Whites.

Does anyone else who was supposed to have helped him (WFD, SmallFry, ...) happen to have an official paid list? Or was such a list made solely by Prof?

I did everything no one helped me with anything and am glad I did that way no one it getting dragged down with me. They were going to do some assembly along with MiMiC but at this point where I can no longer pay them to do so I dont feel that its right to have them do the work.

The latest spreadsheet has been in Google Docs and as a downloadable Excel file for some time. Included is everyone who has ordered and paid which has been that way since 2 months after the GB finished. That should have been done much sooner and was one of the first mistakes on my parts for the GB.

As for the whites I was never notified by 7bit that he had them yet. Just so you all know my last invoice from him was 0.55 euro a switch which is significantly higher than what I was quoted you initially for the GB.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1032 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:44:38 »
Refund the switches that you have never ordered

Offline nebo

« Reply #1033 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:48:10 »
The whites are a difference of $.07 per switch yes (€.55($.72) and you were quoted €.55($.65))? If so I hope those that ordered those have no trouble paying the difference. It's like $7 for 100 switches and despite how people may feel, it's not fair to lose out on money because of price changes.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1034 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:49:58 »
Refund the switches that you have never ordered

cant do that sir just think about this for a second if I had enough money to do that why would i just do the cheaper option and pay the remainder?

Offline pasph

« Reply #1035 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:52:00 »
Where are the money we gave to you?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1036 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:53:54 »
Where did all the money go?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1037 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:05:36 »
The whites are a difference of $.07 per switch yes (€.55($.72) and you were quoted €.55($.65))? If so I hope those that ordered those have no trouble paying the difference. It's like $7 for 100 switches and despite how people may feel, it's not fair to lose out on money because of price changes.

yea the euro price went up a bit and its been so long the exchange rates been all over the place so thats got something to do with this as well. If I would have managed this better that wouldnt have been a problem but o wells. Its only another $45 or so total on all 628 switches. And once 7bit it on and pms me back well try and figure out something especially for those that want their switches sent directly to them.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1038 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:06:42 »

Into higher prices and exchange rate changes is my best guess at this point.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:08:02 »
Im working on sending out some PMs and Emails as we speak after that im going to get caught back up on the thread as it seems it gotten awfully personal.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:08:51 »
So what is the next step? We have been stuck in the same spot now which seems like forever.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1041 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:12:01 »

Into higher prices and exchange rate changes is my best guess at this point.

you are lucky that english is not my native language

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:13:47 »
So what is the next step? We have been stuck in the same spot now which seems like forever.

I have already started contacting people about the next step

Offline r3dx

« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:45:50 »

This should be a fair request and personally I have ordered white switches and have no problem putting up additional money to cover additional costs like changes in exchange rate and such.

However, I'm not enthusiastic to just start throwing additional money around until we have verified what has already been purchased, for what price, exchange rate, etc.
Filco MJ2 Ninja | CM Storm QFR | CM Storm QFR | IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | ErgoDox |
LZ-GH

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 20:13:34 »
Have you taken receipt of the PLU keyboards?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 23:55:54 »
Im working on sending out some PMs and Emails as we speak after that im going to get caught back up on the thread as it seems it gotten awfully personal.

This is complete BS and just designed to stall us more.  I offered to eat some of the losses if I could just get my switches.  He ignored the offer and stopped PMing.  Well let me tell you bud, the deal is off and I'm not the only one who's ready to come after you.  We'll talk soon.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1046 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 01:00:12 »
Who are you talking to.
SmallFry! <3

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1047 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 01:02:33 »
The prof, obviously

Offline bisl

« Reply #1048 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 02:20:03 »
lul I have never seen so much internet bravado in one place in all my life

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1049 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 05:02:37 »

The prices for whites are:
0.42 EUR / 235 switches
0.54 EUR / 393 switches (preordered)

The reason is that I thought to have 235 in stock. The new order is more expensive (Cherry raised their prices, as you might know) so the additional switches are 0.54 (the current preorder price).
However, I found out that there are no whites left when it came to shipping.
Whites will be delivered in around one month (beginning of August).

edit: The additional 97 greys cost 52.38 EUR ($68.09).
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 June 2013, 05:29:25 by 7bit »