Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303168 times)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Repairing)
« Reply #1150 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 12:58:41 »
Hey guys I need you to send me a PM if you intend to have stuff shipped to alaricljs or WhiteFireDragon for some sort of assembly. They have asked me to ship everyone going to either of them together.

Edit: clarified this a bit
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 July 2013, 13:06:10 by TheProfosist »

Offline jabar

« Reply #1151 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 23:31:38 »
Hey guys I need you to send me a PM if you intend to have stuff shipped to alaricljs or WhiteFireDragon for some sort of assembly. They have asked me to ship everyone going to either of them together.
Everyone should post the assembly option openly in this thread for accountability instead of PMing. Doing so allows the OP to continue misleading everyone.

Also, if you are not going to perform a mass status update regarding what you have and what is still en route and what you're doing, you owe everyone an explanation as to why you won't.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1152 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 23:41:09 »
Finally got a reply from Prof in the PM's. Hopefully the switches would get shipped soon. My LZGH has been stuck at Alaric for a long time now.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1153 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 22:58:17 »
Send my stuff to WFD.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Grimey

« Reply #1154 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 10:43:28 »
Throwing my hat in, I would be willing to assemble a small number of Phantoms if the other builders are going to be swamped.  I would be willing to build up to 5 of them free of charge as long as you don't want a really complicated firmware built that would require substantial coding time on my part.

For the record I have built my own Phantom and hard wired multiple projects that have been displayed here.  PM me if this would be a service needed for the community.
Erlang your pants off

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #1155 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 18:22:46 »
Even though I'm not in the group buy I'd be happy to build a couple of phantoms for those Aussies here who wouldn't be able to themselves. Just pay for shipping both ways and ill get it done for you :)
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline r3dx

« Reply #1156 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 21:28:59 »
Any additional updates on when you're shipping stuff Prof?
Filco MJ2 Ninja | CM Storm QFR | CM Storm QFR | IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | ErgoDox |
LZ-GH

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1157 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 09:29:38 »
Today! twas quite sick yesterday :( 3-5 of yo ushould hget shipping infos today.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1158 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 17:01:15 »
4 boxes were just dropped off at the Post Office.

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #1159 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 20:04:24 »
Who are you and what did you do with TheProf?

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #1160 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 20:26:16 »
He did not specify what was shipped, who it was shipped to, and the tracking numbers. And only 4 boxes is quite a pitiful amount considering how many months he's had.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1161 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 20:38:23 »
He did not specify what was shipped, who it was shipped to, and the tracking numbers. And only 4 boxes is quite a pitiful amount considering how many months he's had.

Well no, that would require that something has actually been done.
Gotta collect them all

Offline jabar

« Reply #1162 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 22:32:51 »
still waiting on that action plan

you're not going to please anyone with mystery shipments
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1163 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 02:56:57 »

Well that's a start........ I guess

Be nice if we got confirmation from the recipients

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1164 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 07:45:31 »

One of the boxes shipped was my PLU keyboard. I received tracking information and it's due to arrive tomorrow.

Thank you TheProfosist for taking the first step. Looking forward to seeing more.

Offline Amarok

« Reply #1165 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 09:27:15 »
I got a shipping notification also. Contents says: "Note To Recipient: 1 - Black PLU with Blue Switches 5 - Blue Switches 92 - Clear Switches 1 - Costar Stabilizers". Says it should be arriving tomorrow!
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline bisl

« Reply #1166 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:47:06 »

Didn't we establish that you're not even on this buy? Gtfo this thread please, you're not helping anything.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #1167 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 12:16:33 »

Didn't we establish that you're not even on this buy? Gtfo this thread please, you're not helping anything.

I was slighted by him before this thread. What thread (that is not a zombie) would you suggest me posting in?

I among others who remember being slighted back then merely watched as he made these assembly services. We knew what would happen given his record, but we did not threadcrap. Now that the **** has hit the fan some of us have decided to threadcrap just a little.

And would you kindly un-arse yourself? We've all been slighted by him, so why can't we all just get along.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1168 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 12:40:52 »
Post all you like Ed.  I don't understand why anyone who has been **** on would have a problem with it.  Prof sent out 4 packages, OMG, what a saint.  thats 4 out of how many?  How late?  Even then, I'm sure they're incomplete packages. 

BTW ed.  If you knew we were going to get F'd on this, I would have appreciated the threadcrapping so that I would have known to stay away.  Please, let us know in advance next time.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #1169 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 13:12:43 »
Post all you like Ed.  I don't understand why anyone who has been **** on would have a problem with it.  Prof sent out 4 packages, OMG, what a saint.  thats 4 out of how many?  How late?  Even then, I'm sure they're incomplete packages. 

BTW ed.  If you knew we were going to get F'd on this, I would have appreciated the threadcrapping so that I would have known to stay away.  Please, let us know in advance next time.

TheProfosist, among others, used to have a user sub-forum. When the user sub-forums got axed after GeekHack's return, TheProfosist effectively got a clean slate (save for those who remember like myself). The mods tend to give infractions for threadcrapping, which is why I stayed out for many months. So yes I "knew", and yes I could have warned people about his past, but I didn't and that's that. I feel bad that so many other people are out so much more money compared to myself.
R.I.P.ster

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1170 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 14:04:00 »
Prof has already shipped something. USPS confirmed. Woohooo!

Thank god, Prof is actually doing something to help his reputation, now I can't wait to receive my LZGH.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1171 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 13:35:37 »
I have gotten the pieces of my phantom from prof, and I'm retrieving the rest from WFD.  Plate + PCB and more will be up for sale for anyone who wants a phantom.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1172 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 13:44:32 »
I have gotten the pieces of my phantom from prof, and I'm retrieving the rest from WFD.  Plate + PCB and more will be up for sale for anyone who wants a phantom.

Whoo glad it made it to ya!

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1173 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 14:13:37 »

What plate did you order?
Gotta collect them all

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1174 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 14:32:02 »

please PM him about this stuff if you could, is just that I would like to keep this thread things only pertaining to the GB if at all possible, thanks

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 14:42:32 »

please PM him about this stuff if you could, is just that I would like to keep this thread things only pertaining to the GB if at all possible, thanks

Waah.
Gotta collect them all

Offline jabar

« Reply #1176 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 22:17:47 »
here's something pertaining to the GB

why don't ya post a full update instead of hiding behind emails and PMs?

Phantom 7bit

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1177 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:12:00 »
Prof,

I've been PM'ing you as requested.  I'm really shocked that I'm not getting a reply.  I'm guessing all the people that have orders that you f'd up are getting the same treatment.  Why don't you man up and post actions in this thread you coward. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:14:06 by KuhnTang »

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1178 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:18:32 »
He has PM'd me to say that the Switches from this GB has been shipped to Alaric
I'm assuming this means for people like myself and Rendom who are waiting on switches for our LZGH build have had the action put into motion (at least verbally)

Thats my situation, I'm standing to lose assembly costs - minus the shipping but I'm sure others have lost much more on top of time, which is the biggest cost of all.

Offline Amarok

« Reply #1179 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:13:25 »
Just wanted to post and update that I got my stuff from Prof as well. Long time coming, but thanks for working on it all Prof, it's appreciated.
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline pasph

« Reply #1180 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:19:35 »
Still waiting for him to ship my stuff
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1181 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 11:30:49 »
I am happy to report that my PLU-87 arrived yesterday, as promised.

PLU-87 by cpkey, on Flickr

Thank you TheProfosist for taking the first step. Hopefully you'll continue making strides towards settling this group buy.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1182 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 12:58:05 »
I'm unhappy to report that nothing has arrived, and he will not return my PM's.

Offline jabar

« Reply #1183 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 13:03:24 »
To those who received items:

Did the OP enclose an invoice for the items, and were all the missing items received? Any receipt? Apology?

Phantom 7bit

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1184 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 13:14:11 »

Did the OP enclose an invoice for the items, and were all the missing items received? Any receipt? Apology?

The shipping box was actually opened when I received it. I don't know if this was a case of the USPS mishandling the box, or wether it was just packed sloppily. My guess is that the tape used was the issue.

The keyboard was intact, but there was nothing else inside. Everything that was promised to be shipped to me from his PM was correct.

Offline Amarok

« Reply #1185 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 12:39:28 »

No invoice or receipt, but all items promised were enclosed.
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1186 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 13:13:44 »
That's great!  Meanwhile, I have received no items and haven't had PM's returned.  Same old prof as far as I'm concerned.  If I get time this week I'm taking it to the next step.  I've given him plenty of opportunities to make good on this and he continues avoid me.

I'm not sure yet if legal action should be taken individually or as a group?  For those of you that have already organized something, should I just join up with you guys or pursue this on my own?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 13:29:21 »
That's great!  Meanwhile, I have received no items and haven't had PM's returned.  Same old prof as far as I'm concerned.  If I get time this week I'm taking it to the next step.  I've given him plenty of opportunities to make good on this and he continues avoid me.

I'm not sure yet if legal action should be taken individually or as a group?  For those of you that have already organized something, should I just join up with you guys or pursue this on my own?

You will have to pursue any legal options on your own. I suggest starting with a "demand letter." I doubt a class action suit would get anywhere, but small claims might.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1188 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 18:38:53 »
So, how many have now received parts from prof?  How many are still waiting?

Is anyone able to get response from PM's or is he ignoring all of us?

thoughts of the prof, "I sent 4 packages, what more do they want from me"?

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #1189 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 19:06:57 »
If I just wanted to buy one of each switch to figure out which I like best, what would the shipping be?

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #1190 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 19:12:31 »
If I just wanted to buy one of each switch to figure out which I like best, what would the shipping be?
i dont think you can buy switches from this GB any more, and you probably dont want to anyway...
but here is another option for you: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit-1.html

Offline Leewei

« Reply #1191 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 01:51:28 »
Hey prof, I will be moving into a new place. I still have some hope for this groupbuy. I would like to update you with my new address and where my parts should be shipped to. I have already pm'd you and just posting so you notice. Thanks.
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1192 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 03:03:19 »
And my LZGH is done, shipping to me now. Thanks Prof!
QFR - MX Blue

Offline zyth3x

« Reply #1193 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 03:18:16 »
My switches have apparently shipped, I'll post again when I receive them in week or two.

Offline jabar

« Reply #1194 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 21:08:28 »
I was out on business all week, and it's a goddamn joke that no update has been posted since.

Phantom 7bit

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1195 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:15:24 »
I was out on business all week, and it's a goddamn joke that no update has been posted since.

Lol, his most recent post is him telling me to stay on topic, while he continues to only post irrelevant crap.
Gotta collect them all

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1196 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:02:47 »

I see nothing for this groupbuy under your use name in my spreadsheet. If you have an order that needs to be shipped please contact me via pm or email.

Offline Leewei

« Reply #1197 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:05:01 »
Hey prof did you receive my pm for the new address? Please update it. Thanks!
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline jabar

« Reply #1198 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:16:56 »

I see nothing for this groupbuy under your use name in my spreadsheet. If you have an order that needs to be shipped please contact me via pm or email.
How about you do everyone a service and post a general update instead of HIDING behind PMs you ****ing moron

Phantom 7bit

Offline nebo

« Reply #1199 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 07:26:14 »

How about you do everyone a service and post a general update instead of HIDING behind PMs you ****ing moron
Piss off. Really, PMs are better for this because I don't want to get updates for this thread sent to me over your issue.

Has this gone smoothly? No. Could it go quicker? Yes. Are most you you acting like keyboard warriors? Yes.