Author Topic: White key caps that will fit a cherry mx Filco.  (Read 3570 times)

Offline evoli

• Trade Count: (0)
White key caps that will fit a cherry mx Filco.
« on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 22:46:52 »
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to buy new white key caps that will fit a Filco with cherry mx switches.

Right now, on my membrane keyboard, I have a design similar to this: http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/owltech%20keyboard%20top%20image.jpg

I was hoping there might be white key caps floating around somewhere so I could do something similar once my Filco arrives.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be forever grateful :P
Owner of and writer for GOSUTrolling.com, a Starcraft journalism venture.

Offline Broncosoozie

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 00:03:13 »
As Ripster pointed out, probably the best way would be to buy a white and find a set of blacks, which are pretty easily available.

Buying black and finding white caps though...the only way I could think is to either buy a whole 'nother board, or go to the group-buy thread and vote for a white set :).

Work: White HHKB Pro 2 w/ lettering
Home: White Filco tenkeyless MX Browns
Laptop: Black Filco tenkeyless MX Blacks

Offline laden3

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 01:01:27 »
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 06:23:06 »
I was on that boat for a few weeks evoli, I eventually just bought two diff white boards. But you may want to look at the plu ml-87, I think its whiter than the filco (cheaper too). Like ripster mention, it does have a tan/cream look to it.
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline evoli

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 04:36:41 »
Quote from: kidchunks;273966
I was on that boat for a few weeks evoli, I eventually just bought two diff white boards. But you may want to look at the plu ml-87, I think its whiter than the filco (cheaper too). Like ripster mention, it does have a tan/cream look to it.

Indeed.  I think I've resigned to the fact that I may need to buy a whole other board.

If anyone knows where I might be able to grab key caps domestically, of any color, please let me know.  I don't have my heart set on white, I'm just in need of another color.  I know clickclack had some red/blue 'prototypes' in his picture, but I didn't see them for sale.

I use the different colored caps for all my SC2 hotkeys.  I never need to glance at the keyboard while playing (except for the occasional I or P, it's weird for me to hit those with my left hand), but I just like the way it makes the board look.  I play at LAN centers from time to time and it just feels rad to have younger FPS kids stare over my should and see me hit different colored keys exclusively.
Owner of and writer for GOSUTrolling.com, a Starcraft journalism venture.