Author Topic: Sumptuous geek  (Read 1349 times)

Offline vultures

Sumptuous geek
« on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:05:38 »
Hi there,

i already own my filco almost 2 years plus, but not so get into keyboard, especially keycaps. Just lately become hooked up after reading TONS of thread here in GH (dunno why i suddenly go to this forum), but i guess there no looking back right now :P

I live in Singapore but personally i am Indonesian, work at one of the biggest IT company (cant say their name) and excited for every element of IT world news that comes up. Previously i am PC modder (not so expert, but all i can say i am ok). Still like doodling with my computer and stuff.

Lasty, i also collect toys (Sideshows, Hot Toys, threeA, ect).

Hope this little info of me could make a good introduction here in GH.

Thanks a bunch guys! :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:09:45 by vultures »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Sumptuous geek
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:18:18 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That says a lot for the reliability of Filco.  Are you able to use it at work?

Perhaps we will tempt you to buy another keyboard, if nothing else then at least to try a different switch type.

Or some custom keycaps perhaps? :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:29:42 »
What type of switch does that Filco have? Which others have you tried? Welcome to geekhack.

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 13:47:06 »
Welcome to GH. You might also want to join the thread in VF-zone with more singaporeans chatting. Lastly, if you need to ship anything back from US, you know who to look for.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 13:48:09 »
The sumptuous geek title is just so ...weird sounding.  It's like you're describing some kind of rich and heavy cake.