Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1185836 times)

Offline genkidama

Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy (Re-Invoicing)
« Reply #750 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 06:31:10 »
Paid!
But got a lil problem, I sent you a pm Harry.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #751 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 09:42:35 »
I didn't bother to order because I thought there was no way it would get through.

That's nobody's fault but your own.
And how does that exactly change anything? I wasn't implying it was anyone else's fault but mine, although I had good reasons to believe an order wouldn't be accepted, because people were saying so and telling me about this magical number called "minimum order quantity", which seems to have pretty interesting mathematical properties. Anyway the purpose of my message wasn't to gather sympathy or anything, but to inform the group buy leader (or anybody else) that I'd want one, and could for example take someone else's order if they won't pay.

What comes to your message it was utterly useless and ****ish, so next time keep it to yourself, okay? If you really need to talk to someone, then I'm sure your mom will listen, but don't post **** here.

What a wonderfully mature response.

I'm glad you didn't come here expecting to gather sympathy, because I'm sure you won't be getting any.  You didn't bother to submit an order, which literally takes 30 seconds and is only a win-win for you; you get the keycaps if we reach MOQ and you have nothing to lose if we don't reach MOQ.  It's exactly that kind of mindset that prevented this group buy from progressing more quickly, so you've already pissed off everybody involved in this group buy.  You could have said "I just saw this group buy for the first time and would love a set if somebody doesn't pay," but you willingly admitted to being lazy and not helping us out when we needed help.  Not a very wise decision.

I wouldn't anticipate being able to get a set.  It's not like these keycaps have been produced yet.  At the invoicing stage, anybody who fails to pay will probably just get left behind with nobody being able to take their place.  You can try the classifieds in 3+ months or getting these keys from Taobao, but you'll pay more.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 July 2014, 09:49:28 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #752 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 12:19:23 »
just a public note:

I've informed Harry that I'm willing to be a buyer of last resort and buy 1-2 of each set, any color, at the same group buy price if anybody backs out.

I did not submit an order because I don't need more keycaps. These are just nice to haves for me. My offer is basically to help people if they change their minds, and to prevent the GB organizer from losing money on unpaid sets.

:thumb: Thumbs up to all group buy organizers! As I always say, better you than me. The logistics are immense. I wish you guys all the best!   :thumb:
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #753 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 12:55:51 »
I didn't bother to order because I thought there was no way it would get through.

That's nobody's fault but your own.
And how does that exactly change anything? I wasn't implying it was anyone else's fault but mine, although I had good reasons to believe an order wouldn't be accepted, because people were saying so and telling me about this magical number called "minimum order quantity", which seems to have pretty interesting mathematical properties. Anyway the purpose of my message wasn't to gather sympathy or anything, but to inform the group buy leader (or anybody else) that I'd want one, and could for example take someone else's order if they won't pay.

What comes to your message it was utterly useless and ****ish, so next time keep it to yourself, okay? If you really need to talk to someone, then I'm sure your mom will listen, but don't post **** here.

You should've just put in your order anyways, regardless whether it will hit MOQ or not. It's kinda like voting. Every vote counts. If everyone had the same "i'm not gonna bother ordering cause I don't think it's gonna reach MOQ" mindset, I don't think alot of GBs would go through.

To approach this situation, people should just fill up for the form for what they really want, regardless whether they think it'll reach MOQ or not. People holding back just makes it harder to reach MOQ.

Oh well, such is life. Lesson learnt.

Offline vultures

« Reply #754 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 14:25:46 »
can send me the invoice? will pay it straight away

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #755 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 17:29:29 »
@GhostofHarry

Hey dude I was about to send you money but your request as you want them to be sent is suspicious?

Here is what you want:  "Please send money for service rather than gift or goods"
- There are only 2 ways I can send you money 1. Services or goods  2. Gift to a family  There isn't services only option, services and goods goes together. I would assume you don't want as gift either cause in ur final calculation of the invoice you included the charges that PP would of charged you, so it cant be gift either nor I want to pay as gift.

To summon up my question, the only way I can send you money that's not gift  is by " Services and Goods"  Just take your time to answer yes or no, and gift is out of question, u already included the PP fees in the invoice. Waiting on ur reply OP

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #756 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:01:24 »
@GhostofHarry

Hey dude I was about to send you money but your request as you want them to be sent is suspicious?

Here is what you want:  "Please send money for service rather than gift or goods"
- There are only 2 ways I can send you money 1. Services or goods  2. Gift to a family  There isn't services only option, services and goods goes together. I would assume you don't want as gift either cause in ur final calculation of the invoice you included the charges that PP would of charged you, so it cant be gift either nor I want to pay as gift.

To summon up my question, the only way I can send you money that's not gift  is by " Services and Goods"  Just take your time to answer yes or no, and gift is out of question, u already included the PP fees in the invoice. Waiting on ur reply OP

Read the thread a couple pages back.  Someone explained how to pay for a service.
<<< Click to view

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #757 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:41:29 »
paid up

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #758 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:58:57 »
@GhostofHarry

You should select the Goods and Services option.

On the confirmation page it will ask you for an address. If you do not indicate an address and select the option "No address required", it will be considered a service.

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #759 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 00:34:50 »
I don't think it would make any different in this case because paypal only "protect" your purchase within 60 days, I believe from the day you paid to the day you receive the keycaps. It must be more then 60 days. If he is going to run away, selecting goods rather then services won't protect us at all.

Offline torafuma

« Reply #760 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:11:05 »
Paid!  ;D

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #761 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 18:22:15 »
I don't think it would make any different in this case because paypal only "protect" your purchase within 60 days, I believe from the day you paid to the day you receive the keycaps. It must be more then 60 days. If he is going to run away, selecting goods rather then services won't protect us at all.

That's  why we should wait to see how this GB ends up before starting the 2nd one, I hope all agree on this.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #762 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:10:38 »
This might have been already answered but what is the identification text that I need to include when I pay?

It's it my gh name? Is it my real name?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:12:40 »
This might have been already answered but what is the identification text that I need to include when I pay?

It should have been in your emailed invoice from GhostOfHarry.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #764 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:13:41 »

It's in the email you received with your invoice...
<<< Click to view

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #765 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:14:07 »
Ok thanks

Offline luckynet

« Reply #766 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 01:45:00 »
PAID!!!! (sry had to use caps, bery the excited)
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline slinky23

« Reply #767 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 06:32:47 »
Wow, this is happening! When is the cut off date for payment?

Offline Canis-X

« Reply #768 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 09:27:33 »
Wow there are quite a few folks that haven't paid yet.  Does anyone know them?  Maybe shoot them a note to remind them so that we can get all the monies to Harry quicker.
CHEERS!!!!

Offline wthefourth

« Reply #769 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:44:39 »
Sent payment!

:thumb:

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #770 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:36:56 »
Just paid.  Sorry for the delay.  I have been on vacation.  I just put identification text in the note at the end of payment.  Hope that works.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #771 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:04:23 »
Paid.  Had to wait for payday.  Sorry for the delay everyone. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #772 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:31:49 »
So ... for those who pay the first invoice, now with a PAID*, like me, just leave it?
I can pay $1 again, I don't wanna lose my keys. I'm sorry about the trouble GhostofHarry :-[

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #773 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 14:45:07 »
I believe I have paid.   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:06:39 »
So ... for those who pay the first invoice, now with a PAID*, like me, just leave it?
I can pay $1 again, I don't wanna lose my keys. I'm sorry about the trouble GhostofHarry :-[

It says in the OP to just leave it.  I am in the same position.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #775 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 17:29:36 »
Wow there are quite a few folks that haven't paid yet.  Does anyone know them?  Maybe shoot them a note to remind them so that we can get all the monies to Harry quicker.

My postage details were incorrect when I went to pay, I just got a PM from Harry to say they've been fixed, so will pay tonight  :thumb:
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #776 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 19:24:45 »
It says in the OP to just leave it.  I am in the same position.
Thanks rowdy ;) I feel safe now.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #777 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:08:07 »
Yes, again, for those whose row is marked "PAID*", just leave it.

I'm just losing a few cents for each of these orders. And it's my mistake in calculating the wrong paypal fee anyway.

I have thought about refunding the payment but if I'm not wrong, even so, paypal will still charge the processing fee

(i.e. money after a round-trip will end up smaller in amount) In that way you guys will just end up losing money for no reason

Offline genkidama

Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy (Re-Invoiced)
« Reply #778 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:47:52 »
Hey Harry I cannot finde the google doc where I can see the status if it's marked paid or not. In the first post I only could find the invoicing google doc which is closed down right now.
Can you include the new link into the first post? Or is it the link under "Final Order Confirmation"? Unfortunately I cannot check it as I'm at work and it is blocked.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #779 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 05:50:13 »
Yes it is the link under "Final order confirmation"

Offline genkidama

« Reply #780 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:16:50 »
Alright, thanks. My bad.

Really excited getting these caps  ;D

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #781 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:18:18 »
Paid  :thumb:
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #782 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:30:10 »
Alright, thanks. My bad.

Really excited getting these caps  ;D

Perish the thought! it's no one's fault. anyway, don't worry. it's marked PAID

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #783 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:48:40 »
Paid. Damn, I am amaze the final spreadsheet is updated in real time. Cool!!!

Offline hsu

« Reply #784 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:52:20 »
Should have bought an add-on. Should have bought an add-on.

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #785 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:03:53 »
Will pay very soon.... Waiting for pay day.....

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #786 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:24:14 »
Should have bought an add-on. Should have bought an add-on.

it's not too late to place an order  ;)

Offline Canis-X

« Reply #787 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:30:14 »
Looks like we have about 115 folks left to pay according to the spreadsheet, not bad out of 300 total.
CHEERS!!!!

Offline eek5

« Reply #788 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 02:28:11 »
Just paid.  Looking forward to this keyset :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 05:23:03 »
Looks like we have about 115 folks left to pay according to the spreadsheet, not bad out of 300 total.

1/3 unpaid is not that good.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #790 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 05:32:36 »
It's only been one week. Give it some time

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #791 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 05:37:11 »
It's only been one week. Give it some time

I know.  It's probably quite good for only one week though :)

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #792 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 21:57:38 »
Bad news everyone,

Taihao is urging us to finalise the orders asap,

having been negotiating with us for > 2 months, they are getting a little bit impatient...

so it'd be nice if you guys confirm the invoice and pay asap :(

don't mean to be pushy.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #793 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 22:02:43 »
Bad news everyone,

Taihao is urging us to finalise the orders asap,

having been negotiating with us for > 2 months, they are getting a little bit impatient...

so it'd be nice if you guys confirm the invoice and pay asap :(

don't mean to be pushy.
You might want to try pming those who haven't paid yet if you haven't.  A fair number of them are on regularly.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #794 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 01:03:06 »
I'm planning on jumping in for the red on white but if you are short people at the cutoff they've given I'd be interested in a Dolch or Olivette + addons.

But this is also the weekend which should help get you more of the stragglers who are busy with work throughout the week.

Good luck and thanks for putting these things together!

Offline augustoitapoa

« Reply #795 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:50:39 »
Can I still order? I was planning to get one of each   ;D

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #796 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:15:47 »
I have to give up on my order. I wanted to try and keep it but I can't. My family is in a "situation". I don't know if I can give my spot away.

Offline chzel

« Reply #797 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 16:33:33 »
Hey, GhostofHarry, has Tai-Hao given us a deadline?
A deadline always helps to motivate people!

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #798 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 18:58:46 »
What good are Taihao doing themselves by rushing us?  They stand to not earn a lot of money if this GB doesn't go through...
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 July 2014, 19:00:21 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline genkidama

« Reply #799 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 19:48:00 »
Indeed! Especially if they rush us and we don't hit their MOQ as some couldn't pay because of their deadline but were willing to pay. Man I hope this won't jeopardize anything.