Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186913 times)

Offline jorgenslee

My suggestion is this new tier:

Tier 1 : When order reaches 100  : $13.5
Tier 2 : When order reaches 150  : $9
Tier Ultimate : When order reaches 300 : $4.5

This way people will only pay in multiple of 4.5, if orders only reach 100 they get 3 sets each, if 150 to 250 is reach they get 2 sets each.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim

This way people will only pay in multiple of 4.5, if orders only reach 100 they get 3 sets each, if 150 to 250 is reach they get 2 sets each.

I think this is brilliant. Force us to buy in multiples until the MOQ is met. However, people that ordered more than one add-on set already should resist the temptation to lower their order number because they know they're getting 2 or 3 sets out of one order.

Actually, if I knew I was buying multiple add-ons, it would just make me buy more base sets probably. I'm also looking down the road and I expect there will be a market for these when the GB finally ships.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline feizor

I think this is brilliant. Force us to buy in multiples until the MOQ is met. However, people that ordered more than one add-on set already should resist the temptation to lower their order number because they know they're getting 2 or 3 sets out of one order.

Actually, if I knew I was buying multiple add-ons, it would just make me buy more base sets probably. I'm also looking down the road and I expect there will be a market for these when the GB finally ships.

Do it, buy more, Moar!

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
Hm, this does make sense, yeah.

So basically for the add-on packs, once we reach 100 orders, everyone gets 3 sets (ergo if we had 108 orders, then it would be 3x108 = 324 actual sets produced)
Then once we get to 150 orders, everyone gets 2 sets (ergo, at 220 orders, it would be 2x220 = 440 actual sets produced)
And so on. This way, we get to reach the MOQ regardless of actual orders, and people just end up getting more keys anyway.

But do we apply this to the base sets as well? Seeing as only the Dolch base set seems to be anywhere near the 300 mark.
As earlier mentioned, if I knew that I was getting multiple add-on packs, I'd probably just get as many base sets to match. Having spares is nice, or I could sell them to my friends instead.

Offline feizor

Harry can you confirm if the modifiers for dolch and granite are the same? They look very similar in color. If they are, there's no need to separate the add on packs for dolch and granite  :cool:

We can just combine them into a single order, will easily reach moq.

Edit: nvm add on pack includes an alpha colored space bar.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 June 2014, 23:59:03 by feizor »

Offline GhostofHarry

Hopefully everyone that has ordered the add-on packs have the same mindset :thumb:

Offline cassist

I'm in! :O Dolch!
I'll need more keyboards to put these on.
plu ml87, poker2

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
Hopefully everyone that has ordered the add-on packs have the same mindset :thumb:

Totally. As I mentioned earlier, I would love as many add-on packs as is practically possible to cover all the keys on my G80-8200LPAUS boards - I think I need an extra 12 1x blank keys per board lol  :thumb:
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline feizor

Totally. As I mentioned earlier, I would love as many add-on packs as is practically possible to cover all the keys on my G80-8200LPAUS boards - I think I need an extra 12 1x blank keys per board lol  :thumb:

I think the 1x blank keys are bottom row profile. Might not work for your purpose.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
I'm in! :O Dolch!
I'll need more keyboards to put these on.

That's the spirit! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GhostofHarry

298 orders for Dolch ANSI!
2 more to reach the MOQ!!!!!
Hurray! :p

Offline hsu

Where can we see the MOQs? Should i cancel the olivetti order and change to dolch?

Offline animaliaparadoxa

Where can we see the MOQs? Should i cancel the olivetti order and change to dolch?

Only if you'd prefer Dolch. It's certain to make the MOQ.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict

Only if you'd prefer Dolch. It's certain to make the MOQ.

Harry said he'll give us a chance to change our orders if some of the sets don't reach MOQ at the deadline

Offline Supergeek

I'm glad this was extended, I just noticed this GB today. In for Granite and Olivette base sets.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
298 orders for Dolch ANSI!
2 more to reach the MOQ!!!!!
Hurray! :p

Go team Dolch!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline aatje92

Hmm this is the reason why i shouldn' t be on geekhack. Damnit, orderdered  :thumb:. Now if someone could order that last granite add-on pack that'd be great!
Currently using a SteelSeries 6gv2 (black switches) and a Ducky Zero DK2108 (blue switches).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Hmm this is the reason why i shouldn' t be on geekhack. Damnit, orderdered  :thumb:. Now if someone could order that last granite add-on pack that'd be great!

Welcome to Wallethack! ;)

Offline kittykatmax

I'm in for a Dolch ANSI set. :)
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
I was considering getting another set of both Dolch and Granite, but I'm about 60% convinced I should hop on the GMK Dolch GB too.

Wallethack indeed...

Of course I'm still sticking with this one! Probably keep these TaiHaos for when I have... *other people* using my keyboard.

PS: we've broken 300 orders for Dolch base set, woo hoo!

Offline smolid

Are the price tiers only for the add-on iso sets or is it for the base Dolch/Granite/Olivette sets as well?
And I don't know the usual rate for the ones who actually pay up vs participate.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
Are the price tiers only for the add-on iso sets or is it for the base Dolch/Granite/Olivette sets as well?
And I don't know the usual rate for the ones who actually pay up vs participate.

Base is flat price. Usual rates for what?

Offline PandaSPUR

Any chance you could rehost the pics on something like imgur.com ?

Photobucket pics are broken, bandwidth exceeded.
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline GhostofHarry

kk ill do it now

Offline PandaSPUR

kk ill do it now

Thanks!

I did manage to see the pictures anyway, right click -> open Image URL pointed me to the photobucket page. I guess bandwidth limit applies only to embedding.

Anyway. I wish the apple green made it to the list ):

Only ones that really interest me is the Azure and Purple. So I'll probably just subscribe and wait.
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline beltet

Is this GB still open? Saw something that it ended at 30th May?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Is this GB still open? Saw something that it ended at 30th May?

Re-read the title of the thread.
<<< Click to view

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
In for a Dolch ANSI. Cannot pass this set at this price. And in that color, nice.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
Really hoping Granite makes it. 

Harry, if only one colour makes it to MOQ, will the buy still go through?  Also, because the MOQ is 100 permitting they have them in stock, will the order still be submitted even if it's not at 300?

Thanks

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline vultures

where can i see the MoQ? are we there yet?

I am thinking to order Dolch and Granite

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Current orders:

Dolch,    Granite,    Olivette,    Dolch Add-On,    Granite Add-On,    Olivette Add-On
309,    196,    167,    177,    101,    90

Offline irendulic

MOQs are so high :( Addons most likely won't make it to 300.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I have not checked the thread well, but where is the 300 each MoQ established?

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
MOQs are so high :( Addons most likely won't make it to 300.

Addons don't need to make it to 300, only 100

it should be somethimg like:

Offline irendulic

Hmm, it does also say this in the OP:
Add-On Pack | MOQ of each colour: 300

Hopefully that is wrong and the prices provided below for 100+ are correct.

So dolch is fine, lets go granite!  :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
If I am reading correctly, MOQ of 300 each is for the add-on packs, the main sets have tiers starting at 100, that means those are their MOQ, am I wrong?

Offline vultures

I just jump into the boat...feels excited.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Not sure if this has been requested or asked before
but was hoping there is a 1x "0" included somewhere for the set :(
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
If I am reading correctly, MOQ of 300 each is for the add-on packs, the main sets have tiers starting at 100, that means those are their MOQ, am I wrong?

Hmm, it does also say this in the OP:

Hopefully that is wrong and the prices provided below for 100+ are correct.

So dolch is fine, lets go granite!  :)

Yes the MOQ for anything being made is 300.
The way it's going to work is:
- for the main sets; if we can get 300 orders of each color that is perfect, if we can't get 300 Harry will see if they have enough in stock for us (so there would be no MOQ)
-for the addons; the MOQ will be 300 no matter what but we'll be getting 2 sets of addons if we get 150 orders (150x2=300) and so on (100 x 13.5 = 300 X 4.5)

If you read the thread you'll see it's been discussed  ;)

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
Not sure if this has been requested or asked before
but was hoping there is a 1x "0" included somewhere for the set :(

From OP:
2 * 1.5x Ctrl
2 * 1.5x Alt
2 * 1x R1 Blank Key
1 * 7x Spacebar
1 * 1.75 Shift
1 * 1.25x Shift
2 * 1x blank keys (R1, R2 for ISO)
1 * ISO Enter
2 * 1.25x Blank Key (to replace win key)

You'd probably have to use a blank key.

Offline stfu_navi

I know the CM Ultimate has a stupid bottom row layout; I ordered one Granite base set and and add-on pack for a CM rapid I have laying around still with the ugly stock key caps, anyone know what size the odd key caps on the bottom of the ultimate are? I wonder if i can fit one of this sets on it...haha I'll have to wait and see  :))

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
MOAR DOLCH ADDON! We are so close to getting the next tier!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I know the CM Ultimate has a stupid bottom row layout; I ordered one Granite base set and and add-on pack for a CM rapid I have laying around still with the ugly stock key caps, anyone know what size the odd key caps on the bottom of the ultimate are? I wonder if i can fit one of this sets on it...haha I'll have to wait and see  :))

I just began to develop an aversion for non standard boards. Even my beloved FC660M is now under my hate radar because I have always be looking for extra caps just to fit it.

Offline stfu_navi

I just began to develop an aversion for non standard boards. Even my beloved FC660M is now under my hate radar because I have always be looking for extra caps just to fit it.

Yeah I had no idea it would have an odd bottom layout before I bought it...newbie mistake. Dunno if I'll keep it for much longer since I got my hands on a Model M and after using it for a couple of weeks at work (surprisingly no one said anything about it being too loud) I think I'll make the model m my main board for work at least for now.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Yeah I had no idea it would have an odd bottom layout before I bought it...newbie mistake. Dunno if I'll keep it for much longer since I got my hands on a Model M and after using it for a couple of weeks at work (surprisingly no one said anything about it being too loud) I think I'll make the model m my main board for work at least for now.

I have read that there are some BS caps on sale at Unicomp, and they have very reasonable prices.

Offline stfu_navi

I have read that there are some BS caps on sale at Unicomp, and they have very reasonable prices.
[/quote

Yes they do, I purchased a RGB Modifier set and a red Esc key from them, prices aren't too bad.

Offline Rockfing

Send an order, one olivette set for me plz :D

Offline skuko

i am going to pull out my order guys. i have bought the massdrop ones (green on white) to check out the profile and the overall quality and sadly, i don't like it.

GhostofHarry, YGPM

Offline gigibecali

i am going to pull out my order guys. i have bought the massdrop ones (green on white) to check out the profile and the overall quality and sadly, i don't like it.

GhostofHarry, YGPM

What exactly you don't like? The profile and/or the overall quality? Injection job maybe? Something else?
I have the black(2) and red ones from Elton GB and they are quite nice (crisp, no defects), especially for the price (and I'm NOT into OEM-ABS).
Not perfect, just very good. I've bought way crappier caps for more money.
IMO they're well worth the money.
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues